2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 41
Page 41 of 271 FirstFirst ... 31383940414243445191141 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ended up hauling out 6 garbage bags when all was said and done.
    Took a nice nap
    The MIL took a leap forward but still a ways to go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc, for me, a picnic beats fast food OR sit down restaurant food. I always tell DH I'm a cheap date. Sorry to hear of your fainting spell, good thing your DH was able to catch you so you weren't hurt.

2/3 today. Was raining when I got home from work and by the time it cleared up I was doing other things. Don't know what my day has in store for me tomorrow, my job got canceled and I might be watching the great nephews. Hopefully I can knock out this list early.

Tuesday
    1 - dailies
    2 - clean out woodstove and wipe down
    3 - cook ground beef, bag and freeze

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone! Spirit Deer suggested I pop on here as a way to keep track of the things I need to accomplish each day (vs my usual plan which is a vague idea and doesn't usually come to fruition well for me).

So here goes!
    1: Work on the Easter wall hanging. It's close to done but since I didn't finish by Easter I've lost steam. I need to finish it.
    2: Walk 4200 steps (or whatever it takes to win the daily challenge I have going on with my niece and sister on Fitbit)
    3: Drink 12 glasses of water (that number is good for my efforts at weight loss and I feel so much better when I'm faithful to my water intake)

Have a great day everyone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, hikr00! Glad you've joined us.

Well, guess who didn't get anything done on yesterday's list...

...so for Tuesday:

1) Mop
    2) Deal with clean laundry
    3) Reset den
    4) Plan weekly menus

Have a productive day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome, Hkr! It's nice to see you've joined us.

ILC, at least you HAD a list! LOL. More than I can say.

I wanted to get the new backer cut for the entertainment center over the weekend but it was so windy I didn't want to deal with a big sheet of paneling outside. So maybe today I'll at least get that marked, since the wind has died down quite a bit. It wouldn't take much to get that done and then we'd be a step closer to moving into that nice cabinet.

Trying so hard to find a good excuse not to take a one-mile walk, but so far, I've got nothing. My new Fitbit has informed me I average only about 1,000 steps per day. IOW, barely moving. I need to bump that up drastically and since it's spring now, I don't have any excuses, as if I had any good excuses before. The only way I can see getting out of the mile walk is to walk 2,000 steps doing other things.

Time to start thinking about the lakeshore project. The ice is going out so we'll want to put the HydroBikes into the water soon, which means moving the dock, and that means completely disassembling the dock. We were hoping to move it in two pieces. I could burn some steps walking down to the lake to look at that, so I guess I'll put that on the list for today. I need to make some decisions about the boat trailer renovation, too. We're going to need that soon. I think Husby bought the new license plate for it so the easy part's over now.

So today I need to:

1. Get some meatloaf out for supper so it can thaw.
    2. Mark new back panel for entertainment center and maybe cut it.
    3. Cut cardboard box liner to fit wire basket that goes in new bathroom cabinet.
    4. Sort stuff into new wire basket and put away.
    5. Walk at least 2,000 steps. Such a slacker.
    6. Bring in dishwasher trays to see if I can make them into a large tray for bathroom cabinet, and figure out best way to cut out all those pesky wire pegs welded into them.
    7. Start thinking about some big projects, which doesn't look like work but really is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For today:

I really need motivation today. I did go to the bank and I called the elektrician today, so if I scan the papers that is two. And I need to make a dentist appointment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/7 so far. I got the meatloaf out to thaw, and looked at both the dock and the fire hydrant in hopes of getting some inspiration for how to go about that project. I think we really are going to have to pretty much disassemble the entire dock. There's enough open water in the cove now that we could launch the bikes to play around with them, even without the dock set up.

I also walked a mile, which happily turns out to be about 2,000 steps, so that's easy enough. I don't know why I don't walk more. It's stupid, really. I live in one of the prettiest neighborhoods in the country and there's very little traffic to bother me. I met a car at the end of the driveway when we left, and that was it for seeing other people the entire time we walked. I saw some ducks that weren't mallards and some mallards that Sota thought resembled lunch. We all had fun investigating the deer tracks beside the road, and watched a woodpecker working on one of the trees down by the lake. It's a beautiful day up here in the woods, sun shining on what open water there is and a light breeze in the treetops and the clear water in the lake allowing us to see to the bottom. I shouldn't have a problem getting my butt out there and walking just about every day.

I had to laugh. Our driveway is so steep my Fitbit thinks I walked up seven flights of stairs. I hope I get extra points for that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea, SD! Good work!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I only managed 1/4 today. I went to the fabric store. Mother Nature took care of the plants. Never got to the dehydrator today. I just couldn't get motivated. Went down to the basement today and decided that my focus has to be on that for a while. So tomorrows list will be short.

Tomorrow:

1. Dehydrate the bananas and potatoes.
    2. One hour of de-cluttering in the basement. No excuses! It has to be done.

Have a happy and productive day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still only 3/7. About 4,500 steps today though, so that's something.

Husby and I walked down to the lake to discuss moving the dock and might have a solution to getting it out of the spot it's in, if we don't rip it apart yanking on it with the truck. We're going to try moving it manually first, then try a come-along if that doesn't work. The truck will be our last resort, and we may disassemble it more than we want to and forget using the truck at all. It's a $4,500 aluminum roll-in dock with an 8x8 L, so it's worth taking the time to do it right and not damage it. I'm sure we'll figure out some way not to wreck it. Getting it back into the lake in its new spot isn't going to be a picnic, either, but we've concluded it needs to be moved. We had almost no time to plan it when it was first installed because we were building the house at that time too, and there were other priorities. We're hoping we can get this moved before the bugs come out. We want it done soon so we can get it in the lake as soon as the ice goes out and then put the HydroBikes down on the shore for the summer. We're looking forward to that since we only got to play with them one day after we got them last fall.

So tomorrow I need to do the rest of my list and walk at least another 2,000 steps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - that is a steep driveway! I also took a walk in the woods today and got to see some wildlife, although I had to drive there.

Welcome hikr!

2/3 today, I didn't get the meat browned but I did get to work out in the yard cleaning up the flower beds. Still needs a lot of work but it was so nice to get outside in the sunshine. Hope everyone has a productive day tomorrow.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

forgot to post my list for tomorrow

Wednesday
    1 - brown meat, bag and freeze
    2 - dailies
    3 - work on flower beds
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The deer were running around when we were down at the dock this evening. Something must have spooked them but we didn't see anything. I guess when you're prey, you're always a little nervous. They're so pretty though.

I'm 6/7 today. I cut a box to line the second basket/pull out for the bathroom cabinet and then sorted some stuff into that. I found the collection of toothpaste I've been looking for. Of course, since I just bought replacements. Oh, well, it'll keep.

Husby thoughtfully brought in the dishwasher racks and we've decided not to attach the two together to make one pull-out. We would only need to add about four inches so will probably just waste the extra space. That cabinet is plenty big so for now at least, it won't be a problem. Instead, we're going to use the second one on the last shelf instead of putting spare rugs on that shelf. I'm going to look for a basket to sit on top the cabinet, or more likely make a curtain to go at the top. That should work a lot better anyway. We've decided to try the bolt cutter to get rid of the metal pegs in the dishwasher racks. Should work fine. I plan to line the bottoms with heavy cardboard to protect from sharp edges. I'm glad I thought of using the dw racks because they're made to hold heavy loads but yet they're lightweight. I'm going to subdivide the racks and use them for short, small stuff because the shelves are only five inches high. So I'll add little boxes and cut down plastic juice jugs and stuff like that and store things like Band-Aids, spare deodorant, and other smallish things. I think it's going to work out fine but at this point it's a theory.

So the only thing on the list I didn't get done today was marking the new backer for the entertainment center. Hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow so I can cut it when Husby gets home tomorrow, even though I don't think the No Power Saws When Alone rule really applies to the jigsaw. Maybe we'll get started on the dishwasher racks, too. It's going to take a while to cut out all those darn pegs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well I drove to Dmoms and did the Dr. run and then she had to go Walgreen
    So I am beat. No list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ta-done: The new backer is marked. I'm glad I salvaged it. I wouldn't have wanted to cut a whole good sheet of paneling for less than one third of a sheet I need.

To-do:

1. Figure out a healthy supper.
    2. Ignore No Power Saws rule and cut backer.
    3. Move entertainment center so I can figure out new shelving and start organizing.
    4. Clean old and new backers and attach them together.
    5. Walk 2,000 steps.
    6. Track food.
    7. Get back to drinking lemon ice water.