2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 42
Page 42 of 271 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292142 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies! I heard from pinetree---she has a lot on her plate now but hopes to be back perhaps Monday. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

SD, do you have a blog? If not, you should. You're a good writer and you have such interesting things to write about. Your life sounds fabulous up there with the woods and the water and the critter.

RABBIT----I don't tell DH I'm a cheap date but that I'm low maintenance.

fw, how is your mom?

Jen, hope you feel better. I love fabric stores but I don't sew and I'm not crafty but I appreciate all the cool things and pretty colors in the stores.

Ayanka, how is the paperwork for the new house coming along?

Well, I got my list done yesterday, plus a few other things. It was nice coming downstairs this morning and seeing the progress.

For Wednesday:

1) Make out grocery list
    2) Move some things from breakfast room to living room for possible resale
    3) Go through pet supplies and meds and see what we need
    4) Vacuum upstairs
    5) Deal with one pantry shelf

Have a productive day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nah, no blog. I've thought about it but I don't think I'd keep up with one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You keep up with this thread. Why not try?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My formal writing efforts go into my job, and I need to get back to fiction writing, too. Non fic messes up my fiction writing. My writing on the boards doesn't require any effort. A blog would be like work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Dmom is feisty and is healing much better than before. She was pretty swollen and purple. She bugged her heart Dr. until he said she could rake 20 min. at a time.
    He kidney function was a bit better but is still way off. We finally got a better education on the device.

Got the DW done and cooling
    Got the laundry in
    Vacumned a bit for cobwebs
    excercised the dogs
    need to make spaghetti and garlic bread
    wash a second load
    Empty the DW
    sweep/vacumn the LR again.

How often do people vacumn ? even if I did it 2x daily it wouldnt be enough

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looking forward to pinetree joining us again. Thanks for letting us know ilc.

fw - I used to vacuum every day when I had my old light colored carpet but now with my new carpet I only have to vacuum 3 times a week. I also run the vacuum over my kitchen floor too.

1/3 today, got caught up with a sick kitty.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    To-do:

1. Figure out a healthy supper. Grilled turkey burgers with blue cheese and salad. Mmmmm.
    2. Ignore No Power Saws rule and cut backer. DONE.
    3. Move entertainment center so I can figure out new shelving and start organizing. Not yet, but maybe later.
    4. Clean old and new backers and attach them together. Yuppers.
    5. Walk 2,000 steps. DONE. And Fitbit thinks I walked up two flights of steps because we went halfway down the driveway to discuss the bike trailer remodel. Good thing, too, since we were going to replace the coupler, thinking it was bolted on, but it's welded on, so it'll be a refurb. That'll save $30-40.
    6. Track food. Uh-huh.
    7. Get back to drinking lemon ice water. Forgot, but the day isn't over yet.
    Once I figure out the fasteners for the media center backer, I can put that in. So that's as good as done, almost. Then I can figure out what trays I have to use for organizers in that cabinet and what needs to be stored in there, and then I can figure out where the new shelves go. I'll be glad when the whole thing is done.

I spent a whole bunch of time today looking at YouTube to see how to install gutters and downspouts. I'm embarrassed now that we even considered hiring someone to do this. So it looks like an out of town trip for supplies and then what should be a fairly easy job, I hope. I need to make a list. I hate to add to our project list but I hate even more to part with money to pay someone to do simple jobs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/2 today. I really wish I had started the basement sooner. It really needs a lot of work. I think it will be on the list for some time. In between the trips outside.

ILC, thanks for letting us know about Pinetree. Hopefully she'll be back to us soon.

Tomorrow:

1. Half hour in the basement. I can't do an hour again, it takes too much out of me.
    2. One load of laundry.
    3. Make some phone calls.
    4. Sweep the front porch.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sweep
    Kroger-clearance and raspberries
    wash 2 loads
    go to the resale shop
    Go to bread store

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, hope your kitty is doing better.

Well, I didn't do anything on my list yesterday but I got lots of other things done. Am I the only one who does that????

So for Thursday:

1) Go to free concert with DH
    2) Couple of errands
    3) Do items #2-4 from Wednesday's list
    4) Go through stack of papers to be filed/otherwise dealt with

Have a productive day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to Kroger and did the regular shop
    Then went w/ DD to CARNIVAL its a Latino grocery and they have great specials.
    If I felt free to spend more they had a great corn grinder for $22. I have a ton of popcorn that needs using. I heard you can make flour. I spent $32. and got a good amt. I did get their HM corn chips and some Salsa but I avoided the bakery-hmmphf.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get a list made, but did get my 2,000 steps in for today. That's my goal for the next week or so, till I get more into the habit of moving more.

My Fitbit thinks walking up my driveway equals walking up four flights of stairs. I can get a cyber-badge for walking up 25 flights of stairs in one day. I'm debating if walking up the driveway six or seven times would kill me or not. Pathetically, I'm motivated by cheesy stuff like cyber-badges.

I ran a load of dishes and discovered the dishwasher has been on the pots and pans cycle since I ran the cleaner through it, which has been at least two or three weeks now.

Contemplated the dock project some more, and saw that we may technically have achieved ice-out. The ice is floating around in tiny crumbly chunks. The wind we've had lately apparently has done a nice job of breaking things up.

Tried to remember the design I had figured out for the new bike trailer over the winter. Stupid me was so sure I'd remember that I didn't take notes. Now I have to invent it all over again.

Decided I need to buy a few million yards of car cover fabric to make covers for the HydroBikes. They're expensive toys that need to be protected from the weather year round so it's worth buying the fabric and doing the work. So I need lots of cheap outdoor fabric. And Velcro. Lots and lots of Velcro. Hope my supplier is having a good sale.

Got the fun news about the truck today, $500 for the wheel bearing that was replaced today, another $600 upcoming for the rear brakes to be replaced, and then another $1,000 for tires before our next vacation, whenever that is. We're not stupid enough to tow the camper out to Wyoming or even up to the UP on iffy tires. I can just see us sitting beside the interstate out in North Dakota or somewhere a billion miles from anywhere with flat tires. But the good news is the paint job we had done last fall that's rusting again will be redone at no charge. The shop is planning to have the truck there four days next month to get everything done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still haven't done Wednesday's list. But I did yesterday's #1, 2, and 4.

For Friday:

1) Finish dealing with paper piles--free Shred Day is tomorrow and I want to take as much as possible
    2) Revise menus for the next several days
    3) Some financial planning with DH DONE
    4) Maybe some clothes shopping since my weight loss has resulted in all my pants looking like puffy clown pants

Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Apparently I messed up my post for yesterday. I did get a lot done today, but I don't remember the actual list.

This weekend is supposed to be really nice, so we'll probably be outside most of the weekend. I have some bananas that were too ripe for the dehydrator, so I mashed them and froze them. Maybe I'll make some banana bread. I have to cut up a pineapple for snacks tonight. It's really ripe and smells just heavenly. I've been hungry for fresh pineapple for a while, so it's a real treat.

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL @ my Fitbit. It thinks because we drove down the hill and then up again and because I took the elevator up to the second floor to my mom's apartment that I walked six flights of stairs today. But I did walk down the stairs at the apartment and walked 2,500 steps doing errands in town, so that's something. Have to work my way up to at least 5,000 steps.

Still working on a jigsaw puzzle I stupidly started last weekend, so that's keeping me from doing much worthwhile. I did make a list for our shopping trip tomorrow. I keep wondering what I'm forgetting.