2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 43
Page 43 of 271 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393143 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

-spent a good hour killing brown ants in my MIL apt coming out from under my desk.
    (will mop tomorrow)
    -I also did all the soup pasta in jars along w/ my lentils and black eyed peas and soup mix beans
    -set up my juice shelf in the pantry
    -talked to Ds' commanding officer for a good 1/2 hr.-all good reports of advancement and is now doing radio communications for the unit and driving. Not sure what to call it. He said he was one of the best officers.
    -defrosted chicken and steak for grilling this week and made hot dogs
    -called Dmom 2x. She is doing pretty well and like hearing about Ds too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just spent a little bit catching up. Everyone is making great progress!! This is so motivating

DGDs 4th birthday is next week and her party is today. I asked what she wanted for her birthday and she said "a heart shaped pillow" (which is what I made her for Valentine's Day). So cute. Her favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so I found some Minnie fabric and made her a heart shaped pillow as requested.

I also found some red fabric with white polka dots and made a pillow cover for an 18 inch pillow and appliqued black circles on it to resemble Mickey's silhouette. That thing I had estimated taking about an hour. Then I had the brilliant idea that I'd make the cover removable in case of spills etc (she is 4 so you know that's going to happen). What I should have done was thought of that while purchasing the fabric but I didn't think of it. By the time I started sewing it was later in the evening and I didn't want to go out for zipper or velcro so I thought I'd make the type similar to a pillow sham where you just sort of fold the fabric back and slide pillow in. Sounds easy but for some reason I had a huge mental block on it and I must have sewed and taken that thing apart five times before I got it right. What a pain in the neck. I finally got it done but it was late when I finished.

DD said since DGD was set on a pillow why didn't we get her a new bed pillow and make a couple of fun pillowcases for her. Her pillow is getting kind of flat she said. So we bought a pillow and I purchased fabric to make a polka dot pillowcase with black trim (a la Mickey colors) and a Minnie one that's pink as well. Joann's had a Fleece tie blanket kit on sale with Minnie on it so sucker Granna bought that too. LOL! I did the blanket this morning and I'm taking a little break now then going to whip up the pillowcases. Those are standard pillowcases so "shouldn't" be too hard

When we get back from the party I also need to vacuum. The cat hair is in danger of taking over.

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sweep stairs
    DW emptied-done
    wash bed sheets
    vaccumn again (prob. everyday until the coats of the dogs finish changeover)
    maybe hit Aldis for buns,bagels,pears and a few other things
    some yard work-acorns!!! don't want them to sprout (they dropped so late last year).

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My only to-do is to shop. I'd rather stay home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, we have little black "Argentine" ants here and they are a pain. Not dangerous, but at certain times of the year they appear, usually all over kitchen countertops, and so far no one really knows how to get rid of them. I just try to keep things super clean and free from any sweet, sticky spills.

hikr00, I bet making cute stuff for cute grandchildren is a lot of fun. I like all your pillow ideas.

SD, I'm with you--I love staying home and am NOT a shopper. Which is why I still have clown pants instead of anything new that actually fits.

Jen, RABBIT, and Ayanka---how are you all doing?

I'm so proud of DH. Yesterday I had spent several hours going through files to cull out papers to take to Shred Day today, and it inspired him to help. In fact, he spent 3 or 4 hours going through files too. We took 2 big plastic bins full of papers to shred, and our file cabinet has lots of empty space now. There were papers in there from the 80s---it's embarrassing that we kept them that long. But now they're gone! DH has several bins of papers in his closet and I think he wants to go through those tomorrow since there's another free shred event next week.

For Saturday:

1) Go to shred event, Walmart, pet store
    2) Clean up kitchen
    3) Re-file the few things left over from our marathon yesterday
    4) Listen to last week's sermon since we missed church due to day trip
    5) Bake something

Have a good rest of the day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I felt the same way, ILC, when my husband finally got on board to get rid of old paperwork. We had stuff from the 1970s. He was hauling crap to recycle by the truckload for several weeks straight. He's still not done but at least he's in purge mode now.

Home again. Spent probably about $650 including gas, so not too bad. We had to go get the stuff for the garage gutter/downspout project. Menards had 11% off of everything and we spent about $450 there so that'll help, plus we had $26 in rebates from previous purchases. Also picked up some stuff for the bike trailer project, so I guess that's officially in progress now. Hope we get the gutters up pretty soon without any trouble.

The pregnant doe and her two cohorts have suckered us into buying corn for them, so we picked up a couple bags today. And a couple bags of shelled peanuts for the squirrels and a bag of peanuts in the shell for the chipmunks just because it's so hilarious to see them shove those big peanuts into their faces. We had quit feeding the deer, but we can't stand it. The rest of the herd has wandered off like they do every spring, but those three are hanging around this year. Who could say no to a hungry pregnant mom, with those big brown eyes?

Got some really nice stuff secondhand today, which was fun. We hit a bag sale at a YMCA and got five packages of glass Christmas balls, three paperback novels, an oval embroidery hoop, a quilt book, a craft magazine, and some other stuff for $1. I got two microwave cookbooks at SA for .25 each, a 20" glass tabletop NIB for $2.70, a piece of rug canvas NIP for $2, three vintage Corningware Grab-It bowls for $1 each, four ramekins for $1 for the set, and a macrame book for .50. From GW I got a vintage Tupperware Square Round like new for $2, two brand new long sleeve tees for Husby for $3 each, and a strainer ladle I've been wanting for $2, which was enough but I need one and they've been HTF. At another thrift I got four champagne flutes NIB for $4. They have gold rims and I'll do some beading on the stems for a fancy shmancy gift. Not a lot of stuff, but I don't need to drag in any more clutter than we need to. It was fun to look.

Bought some new tools at Menards, too, while Husby wasn't looking. That's what he gets when he leaves me unattended in a home improvement store without adult supervision.

Glad this day is over. I hate shopping. The up side is I walked almost 7,000 steps today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-I have a garbage bag to do and haven't even done this years files!

Worked very hard tossing 4 bags of stuff from the MIL,reorganizing and putting stuff away in the pantry. My goal is to get all the food from the MIL into the pantry w/ in a month. That is a very big goal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mom died almost 3 years ago and I'm still going through hers and Daddy's things. I have their entire inventory of antiques and collectibles (fortunately not much furniture that takes up lots of room) and it is SLOW going. I did find all their old paperwork and it was shredded. Cancelled checks from the 1950s when they were young marrieds, sales papers of cars, oh my, it was horrendous. I found a few really precious items--Daddy's discharge papers, a bill for my brother's birth in 1951, some other great family mementos---but most of it is now gone. I think I had 4 huge black garbage bags full to have shredded. So I've made it a goal to NOT do that to my children.

Yesterday's list got done, much to my surprise.

For Sunday:

1) Church DONE
    2) Clean out some more of my computer inbox DONE
    3) Menu planning for the next week
    4) Record recent expenditures
    5) Clean off my desk
    6) Cook a nice meal

Have a good Sunday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    RABBIT, hope your kitty is doing better.

Well, I didn't do anything on my list yesterday but I got lots of other things done. Am I the only one who does that????

So for Thursday:

1) Go to free concert with DH
    2) Couple of errands
    3) Do items #2-4 from Wednesday's list
    4) Go through stack of papers to be filed/otherwise dealt with

Have a productive day, ladies.
    Nope I do the same thing. I'll have a list or in my mind what I want to ddo then get side tracked by something in THAT room. Never fails. Never.

Off work today and tomorrow so ...
    Got everything done from last weekend except the appliance cleaning. Going to TRY to get that done.
    MAYBE get the furbabies bathed and brushed. Depends if my back will let me.
    Unload dishwasher
    Reload dishwasher
    Pots and pans by hand
    At least one load of laundry but that might be all there is. I only do full loads. Partial loads wait. Might be 2 if I go on a "hunt" for more
    Check ceilings for cobwebs. Can only see them if the light hits just right. Again, depends on my back
    Sweep at least part of the place
    Mop at least the bottom part and put rugs back from last weeks washing
    Put a few pieces away from the never ending couch collection.
    Need to go get hamburger

IF IF IF this gets done or if I do anything else productive I'll come back. I know I'll get side tracked too. It's a given. Sigh.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, not a terribly productive weekend for me. My Fibro was acting up yesterday and I had to stop and rest after everything I did. I got a load of laundry done and a few other things, but it was really hard. I've been taking it easy today, but hubby and I managed to get a fence around the garden so the dogs don't kill my flowers. The veggie gardens are all raised up to about 2 feet, so they're not a problem.

Tomorrow will most likely be a desk day, since I have a few things to catch up on.

Tomorrow:

1. Pay some bills online.
    2. Make some transfers to savings and other accounts.
    3. Make a new menu plan for the next few weeks.
    4. Inventory small freezer and move some things into it for meals this week.
    5. Water the gardens.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We didn't do much today. We took a short road trip to one of our favorite state parks and bought our stickers for the year. We have been neglecting our state parks the past few years but need to correct that. We have fantastic state parks here. So we're hoping to do more day trips and more weekend stays, instead of all the long trips we normally take. Need to do some planning. Maybe I should make a list first of the parks we want to visit and any other day trips we'd like, and also think about what we can see and do within a couple hundred miles. Then we should be able to come up with a plan for some of the short trips we never seem to get to.

Anyway, we got the two park stickers and then I finally dragged the Goo Gone out to both cars and cleared a few years' worth of park pass residue off the windshields. The windows look a lot better now and the new park stickers never even got brought in the house, so there's zero chance they'll get misplaced, since they're already stuck to the windshields.

We used to do a lot of day trips and picnics. This area has so many options for that kind of thing. But then we got campers and quit doing the picnics. We used to love the picnics so need to get into doing that again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hahaha I have park stickers all the way up and this is the last space. However,it should be the last yr. on the vehicle too. The state ones are on the license plates now luckily or it would be obstruction of view ticket time .lol

Went to the market and got that put away,made breakfast and napped. Stoopid
    feet are bothering me badly from yesterdays uber pantry cleaning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We frequently have stickers from more than one state, so can't fill up the windshield with all Minnesota stickers. That would drive us bats anyway.

We have our town name on our license plates.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gosh, I can't even remember when I posted last. Last week just got away from me with Mae-Mae (cat) sick and not eating and then my nephew's FIL passed away. The cat was a mystery because her blood work and x-rays came out normal but she wouldn't eat. Nothing wrong with her teeth either. It's amazing how much time you can spend worrying and trying to figure out ways to get your cat to start eating again. I had to force feed her little bits until she finally started eating again. Force feeding a cat is not easy or fun!

Monday
    1 - dailies
    2 - grocery shop
    3 - menu plan
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was a bust beyond doing the 2 things on my list that were already done when I posted it. It was relaxing, though. Sort of dozed on the sofa and channel-surfed and watched the local stations break in with weather reports. I did make a pan of brownies.

For Monday:

1) Visitation at funeral home 5:00
    2) Shop for at least 2 pairs of pants
    3) Plan menus
    4) Record expenditures
    5) Reset den

I hope everyone has a good Monday.