2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 45
Page 45 of 271 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595145 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, that is fantastic news about DH's new job!

pinetree, the main storm damage was in/around Atlanta. We had thunder and rain here. Today is gorgeous---75 degrees, no clouds, no humidity. Just perfect.

Your poor hubby! Pink eye (ouch!!) and a bad tooth. Is he on drops or something for the pink eye? Boy, does that stuff hurt. It was an occupational hazard when I was teaching.

SD, you always seem to do so well with your lists. My goal is to be like you.

Jen, I hope you are feeling all right.

I'm proctoring at my school this week for the BIG annual testing, so I had to get up and out of the house early today. It's not hard, just boring----we walk around during the whole testing time and make sure kids aren't in the wrong section on the answer sheets, aren't falling asleep (one kid did today), etc. Today's sessions lasted over 2 hours. Tomorrow's session is supposed to be 90 minutes tops. As soon as I got home we had to go get electric wire to put on the dog pen since Sadie the puppy has learned to jump over it. DH is currently working on it. I wish we could afford Invisible Fence right now but that is WAY down the list.

So for Tuesday:

1) Help at school DONE
    2) Make some brownies to take to the office ladies for Administrative Assistants Day tomorrow
    3) Do some laundry
    4) Do some weeding DONE
    5) Enjoy the weather

Hope everyone's Tuesday is good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't trust invisible fencing. That's what we used to keep our ginger cat inside so he wouldn't go out the dog doors. Same technology anyway. It worked great for ten years. Till it didn't. He figured out if he got one shock, the collar wouldn't reset itself fast enough and he could get out. The first cat to reject the concept of invisible fencing figured out how to blast through the doors so he minimized the shock, and also learned how to tell when the battery was dying in the collar so it would beep but not shock him. He learned to sit just inside the area that would make the collar beep, but not shock him, and then waited for the beeping to diminish and off he went. We never could keep him in, but luckily he didn't leave the dog enclosure so we just admitted defeat. Invisible fencing also does nothing to protect from other dogs or predators that might wander by or bratty kids with sticks or freshly chewed gum they like to stick to fur, and may not keep a pet from blasting through the shock zone if something interesting enough is outside the boundary. It only takes once for a tragedy to happen.

Got the buns baked and Husby is home to deal with them, which is good because they're extremely tempting. Especially since there's butter, too. That's going to be my new strategy, time it so they come out of the oven when he's here so I don't have to touch them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok FW, I dont get this diabetic stuff, I can have a coke to settle my stomach down, along wiith my zantac,,, I thought this other would be better causse its lower sugar than a coke... Guess I will just do what I am suppose to do... cause I sure dont understand what others are doing!

ilc, DH is on drops, its swelled up pretty good today, hes blaming it on the cats.
    sounds like your having fun at your school, its probably nice seeing everyone again.

Is there any way you can buy some chicken wire, or coated fence wire? Our cat pen is made with coated wire, 2x3 inch holes and chicken wire on top, zip tied to the sides. This way I dont worry about something getting them from either side..

Except the vet just told us to watch out for rabid bats, they could get in, they are getting into peoples houses etc, I guess theres alot of them!

I am waiting for the cpa to call back, going to apply for SS, should have done it in March, but my best friend just told me to do it, I was going to wait until 65 to get more money, but she says to go for it now if I can, so will see.

hey Jen, Zacon has chicken , 1.69, ordering a bunch! Feeling better?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabid bats, eh? Something more to add to the list of potentially problematic critters here. We love bats since they eat bugs, but rabid bats, not so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, want to add another one? We had the outside cats rabies shot done because they picked up a rabid skunk not far from here, but they vet said she was more worried about the bats getting all of them... thats scarey! We see skunks all the time, bats only once in awhile. Seems its aways something!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1. Walk 2,000 steps. Got my new Skechers on and I'm ready.
    2. Figure out supper.
    3. Try again to make myself work on the new media center.
    4. Boil eggs.
    5. Freeze rice.
    6. Make wild rice and freeze.
    7. Look for travel camping lists.
    8. Make breakfast quiches.
    I got everything done except the media center shelves, but since I did a bunch of stuff not on the list, I'm letting myself off the hook. I did scare up a nice fridge tray that will work very well as a drawer in the media center, so technically I did work on it.

Still have 170 steps left to do too, but that won't be a problem.

Supper was a hamburger-potato hotdish (and if you make it, you are required to refer to it as HOTDISH ) which is easy and economical. Here it is in case you're looking for a new recipe.

In a greased or sprayed cast iron or other oven-proof dish, layer the following:

Scrubbed, peeled or unpeeled sliced raw potatoes. The amount doesn't matter that much, so you can add more if you're feeding a crowd. I used five medium potatoes in a ten-inch CI chicken fryer to make a layer an inch or so deep.

1 lb. of chopped frozen broccoli or mixed veggies, par-cooked in the micro for about five minutes and layered on top of the potato slices. Feel free to sub whatever veggies you like as long as they're not watery.

1 lb. hamburger, raw or cooked. I used a mix of cooked hamburger and ground lean turkey I had prepped in the freezer. If you're using raw hamburger, use lean meat and just make a big thin patty on the top, or break it into small chunks and scatter them on top the broccoli.

Sprinkle the hamburger with onion soup mix, or any herb blend or seasoning you prefer. I don't buy onion soup mix anymore since it's 99% salt. Ish. Tonight I used some McCormick Montreal steak seasoning. Seasoned salt or any other herb and/or spice mixture will work as well and you can change up flavors each time you make it.

Pour one can of condensed vegetable beef soup over the top.

Spread one can of condensed creamed soup over everything. Stick a potato nail or fork in the center of the pan all the way to the bottom to help the heat get into the middle of the food.

Bake at 350 about an hour, or longer if you made a big batch, until potatoes are tender and hamburger is cooked through.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ended up making spaghetti salad,coleslaw for tomorrow,and brownies
    Today is the 11th anniversary of the day he had a horrific accident and should have died but lived. I like to toast it and do something special.

We wandered through Big Lots and I bought pineapple juice,ear buds for him and a new set of glasses because i notice we have 4 left? how does this happen!

Pinetree-not sure I know what you mean. Coke is liquid candy. I am an insulin diabetic and shouldn't have it. Did a Dr. tell you to have Coke for your stomach?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no clue what I want to get done today. 2,000 steps for sure. Guess I better make up something.

1. 2,000 steps.
    2. Work on packing lists for camping.
    3. Look for another tray for media center.
    4. Clean bathroom stuff out of second clothes basket.
    5. Find box to store seasonal drapes in bathroom cabinet.
    6. Bake and freeze cake for Husby.
    7. Empty and fill dishwasher.
    8. Clear off sewing machine table because the new extension comes today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, your DH has pink eye and has to have a tooth pulled? Sometimes life is just not fair!

fw, is it windy by you too? For the past 3 days now it's been so windy and dreary out. Reminds me of tornado weather. Oh, saw snow flakes on my way to the vet this morning. Having your DH surviving a horrible accident is a celebration, glad you make it special for him.

Had to take beastie to the vet this morning for her 1 year check up and vaccinations, so I stopped at the park first to wear her out a little. She did wonderful at the vet so I was very happy. My vet even remarked that I've done a good job with her. (she used to be very reactive) He got a kick out of her because she's not friendly, she's EXTREMELY friendly! No one usually asks to pet her so when she gets a real live person giving her attention she's in heaven. The tech even came in to say hi, so Jelly Bean got to "attack" her too. I tell people she's trying to lick discrimination with her tongue!

My list for today:

1 - laundry
    2 - vacuum, vacuum furniture
    3 - mop floors
    4 - wrangle up something for dinner
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys!

RABBIT, great job on your puppy!! Its nice to see when the vets make a big deal out of them.

SD, would love to try your recipe, do you know how much salt it has? It sounds really good.

FW, yep I can drink coke when I need it, not an everyday thing, maybe I can get off all this if can lose weight, he told me if I can keep my blood sugar at 90 in the morning I can quit the pillls.

ilc Hope you had fun at school!

Jen You doing ok?

Wed
    check grocery sales
    exercise
    help get a couple jobs out

Have a great day.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The sodium would come from the two canned soups and whatever seasoning you choose to use. I'm not sure what that would come out to. The hamburger, potatoes, and veggies wouldn't have much sodium in them. I do know onion soup mix is horrible for salt, but you can use salt-free herb and spice blends you like instead. Just sprinkle them on to taste.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-so windy I told Dh he should just get a kite and fly to his interviews. Gas is expensive. lol
    Your dog sounds like Mikey. He is super IN YOUR FACE. Looks like the beagle,acts like Rottweilers play. He bounds across the yard and springs off the deck. He can jump to the top of the door frame when he gets excited. Ds picked him out. I love him but he's really too much dog for us oldies.

Pinetree-sounds like you are doing better that way than I am. Definately, need to go down another 25# this year and recheck the meds. situation. Sigh.

Wrecked up my shoulder so things are even pokier than usual. Made Dh a pot pie for lunch and hit Dollar Tree and S.A.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, glad that it's a happy sort of anniversary for you and your DH. Hope your shoulder feels better soon.

RABBIT, our vet and techs love our puppy Sadie---she is an absolute sweetheart. Last time she was there for a shot she sat when the vet told her to, and everyone was impressed. I was, too, because she's inconsistent with that.

SD, good luck with the 2,000 steps.

pinetree, thanks for starting Daily Gratitudes again----I just can't manage to get online before I have to leave for school. Some of my habits have gotten rather sloppy since I retired.

For Wednesday:

1) Help at school DONE
    2) Aldi DONE
    3) Clean up kitchen
    4) Reset den
    5) Enjoy this lovely weather

Hope your Wednesday has been a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be sure to get my steps for the day in, but beyond that I'm too tired today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still here. I'm not accomplishing much these days, but I keep on trying.

I've been reading about the few here who have diabetes, and I'm wondering why you can't eat sugar? I have type 2 diabetes and my doc has never told me to stop eating sugar. She tends to be much more concerned with too many carbs. I eat the same things my family eats, but in different proportions,(more protein, less starch) and my A1C has stayed under 6 for the last 2 years. Full disclosure, I am taking Victoza and Actos and occasionally Glyburide if my sugar is trending up. My sugar numbers rarely go above 150 and are mostly in the 90's and low 100's. So have your doctors ever said why they are so concerned about sugar? Just curious.

Tomorrow (I'll try)

1. Go to Aldi.
    2. Work for 30 minutes in the basement.
    3. Clean out the fridge. It's not bad, but I don't want to get behind on it.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen