2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 47
Page 47 of 271 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797147 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well yesterday paid off because i went down 2 # (and the pantry is more organized)

Today
    review 2 job offer ins.-done
    call Dmom-done
    get groc. tally for food and stockpile-done
    get tally on expenses/income so far-done
    pay car ins and new COBRA amt.-done
    worked on soup area
    need to hit Big Lot

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I got my dailies done, exercised and worked on some paperwork. Going to see if DH wants to go to the park with the pups tonight.

Saturday
    1 - dailies
    2 - clean desk/move desk
    3 - start painting office
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0336.jpg

This is a picture of the pups and beastie.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, your pups are gorgeous! What is the black and white fluffy one on the left? Pretty! I'm partial to big dogs. Also, I love your front door area---really nicely done.

fw, today I got lots done in one spot, just like you did. I was on hands and knees scrubbing the floor in the kitchen/breakfast room. I scrubbed every single grout line and every tile. I absolutely despise the flooring because it is not installed well, it's very uneven, and it tears up the cleaning pads on my steam mop. But at least it looks clean now.

DH and I also got DD's brakes replaced which was an expense we didn't expect, but it's a good thing we did it. The back brakes were gone and the front brakes weren't much better. So now our girl will at least be driving a car that's safe.

We also got some financial planning done for next month.

The bathrooms are still dirty.

So for Saturday:

1) Clean bathrooms
    2) Pick up a few things at Kroger---they're having some good sales
    3) General pick-up of the house
    4) Try to reset the pantry
    5) Encourage DH to go through his closet and gather some clothing for donation/turning into rags

Have a lovely Saturday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice pack,Rabbit! I was thinking how pretty your house is, too. And the doggies, of course.

I tracked every bite today and I think I have one point left over, even after having a Subway. I'll probably have 4,000 steps in before bedtime too, thanks to doing errands today.

I found a great suitcase at GW to store my macrame stuff in. It's a nice Samsonite with keys and everything and looks like new. It was half price, so cost me only $3.50, cheaper than buying a tote that would be too deep and not have any pockets.

I also got a nice photo album I'm hoping will work for our wildflower geocaching adventures, for $1.

We wanted to get started on the garage gutters tomorrow but the weather looks like it won't be cooperative, so the alternate plan is to get the shelves in the new entertainment center and finally move into that. I need to do some housewifey stuff like dishes and maybe baking some type of bread, too. For someone who complains about homemade buns, someone sure is eating a lot of them. Anyway, that's tomorrow's list, such as it is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby just found this pic of the new baby at Custer State Park. It's going to seem like forever till we can leave to go see them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today's plans got completely derailed this morning at 6:30 AM when I started to think about that pile of brush I've been griping about for two years now. Husby loves cutting trees down, but cleaning them up, not so much. So I suggested (really, it was only a suggestion) that he go load that mess up before we move the camper up to its summer spot, which is right in front of the brush pile which would mean it wouldn't get done at all this summer, and before the weather warms up and the bugs come out. He decided maybe it wasn't a bad idea so he got the mess loaded and we dragged that into town to dump it. He said on the way home it was a good thought I had to get rid of that, so I was glad I suggested it.

While he was loading, I cleaned up the kitchen so now all the dishes are clean and we have flatware again.

Then we did some more errands and found some great deals on stuff we mostly needed. Now we're tired.

I walked over 4,000 steps so far today, a good thing.

I have bread rising in the microwave.

We stopped at a rummage sale and bought a MagnaCart folding hand truck for $4 like we have in our camper and love. I've been thinking we needed one for our house too, and actually had one in the cart last week at Menards, where they were $30, which is what we paid for the one in the camper. So glad now I didn't buy the one at Menards! That was a clear $26 savings because I'd have bought one eventually.

Husby is napping now but I'm hoping when he wakes up we can go rip the decking off our dock and haul it up to the house to be pressure-washed when it warms up. Then maybe we can hook the frame up to the come-along and see if we'll be able to squeeze the dock out from behind the trees at an angle or if we're going to have to take the whole thing apart, which we're hoping to avoid. Have to wait and see how he feels. I'm tired too.

It's not looking good for the entertainment center today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Funny, I had downloaded the picture from my phone and on my phone the picture was cropped so that you couldn't see the planters. It was taken last summer and I hated how my planters came out, nothing did well and half of the plants died. Hopefully they will look better this year. The dog on the left is a Border Collie, he's not that big though, he's only 40 lbs. He is the best behaved one in the bunch. They are all rescued dogs, two from a shelter and the other two from rescue groups.

SD - the picture is too cute! Hopefully your trip will work out. Great job on walking 4,000 steps by 2pm!

Woke up with a migraine but was determined to help DH paint our home office. Got the first coat of trim done when I had to lay down and when I got up, DH was called in to work. So I finished the second coat but that was all I got done today. So, 1/1.

Sunday
    1 - change sheets/wash
    2 - drop off car at mechanics
    3 - work on desk

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-I like them all but the far right would be the one i noticed at a shelter. Is that "Beastie"?
    SD-I just want to pet them!
    ILC-I have the white tile w/ the lt. brownish grout and should do it on my hands and knees soon. Mud season just discourages. I did buy 2 dollar store garden kneeling pads. The cement tile crunches knees. I also need a barrier to limit doggy kisses when i scrub! lol

Today took off on me. I did Sams,Costco and Ollies. But got very little done here.
    We ate Sams Club chicken for lunch and pizza for dinner so I didnt even cook.
    I did wash a load and DW emptied and refilled w/ my new Big Lots sale glasses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They're so adorable, Rabbit and FW. They're completely tame and beg shamelessly. You can walk among the herd, and if you stop your car with the windows down, guaranteed some really long faces and ears will be inside your car to see if anything tasty is waiting for them! So cute.

Can't wait to see the baby bison, too. We'd have to be nuts to walk in that herd though. Last time we were there, we saw bulls whose heads were taller than the roof of our Chevy Avalanche. We knew that because they were RIGHT NEXT TO THE TRUCK! Hair-raising (and not our fault, believe me) but since the thousand or so bison in that herd completely ignored us, fascinating and a really cool experience at the same time. NOT an experience we would ever seek out, but we're glad we got to have it since no harm was done.

Custer really should be a national park. Amazing place.

I'm ROFL because three of us are trying to figure a time for a conference call tomorrow and none of us can seem to figure out what time it is in Ottawa and Minnesota if it's a certain time in Oregon. Too funny! I think we're all tired and distracted.

Yea, I just turned over 5,000 steps for today! 2.12 miles. It's amazing how much a person walks just doing stuff around the house. Time for bed for me. Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep, including me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There is a place here called childs Ranch where you can take a wagon and into a buffalo herd. We did it when Ds was in the boy scouts. They have horse riding and buffalo burgers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Custer is definitely on my bucket list now. How cool that they're so tame.

We also have a restaurant about a 1/2 mile from us that serves buffalo burgers and has a small herd out back for the kids to see. I don't think these are as big as the ones you have seen SD.

fw, yep that is "beastie" (Jelly Bean). I adopted her from a group that rescues dogs in Detroit. I wanted to prove to people that it's not the dogs "end of the leash" that's the problem with Pitbulls.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After seeing that pic Custer is on my list too! (I'll meet you SD and Rabbit out there!) So cute!!

Rabbit your babies are adorable. We had to put our Great Dane down last fall due to a massive seizure with a recommendation that we put her down because of her age. She was 8 which is "old" for a Dane. The vet suspected metabolic disorder or brain tumor and neither are really successfully treated in a dog that age. So we had to let her go. We just weren't ready for another dog after that and while we are still not ready we do have the thought in my mind that maybe, once things settle down and we get moved we will take the plunge again. They add so much to our lives.

SD nice job on the 5,000 steps! I got in around that too yesterday. Feels good to move!

FW2 was it the rotisserie chix from Sams? We love those. Haven't had one in a while either...maybe next time we go I'll pick one up.

I went to the Taste of Home Cooking show with my sister yesterday. Had a great time but once I got home I was tired. I fixed dinner for us and got the kitchen cleaned up then hit the recliner. hahaha.

Today I hope to get some painting started that needs to be done and hopefully a little raking in the yard. Winter came earlier than we thought last year and we hadn't gotten the raking done when the snow came so it's waiting for us now. We'll see. The weather looks rather foreboding so I'm not sure if it's going to rain or what. I bought a new cookbook at the show yesterday and got a few cooking magazines in my gift bag and a new cookbook as a gift as well so I also want to do some cookbook reading and get my plan for meals for this week set.

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No way would I ever do a tour in a buffalo herd by choice. Go to YouTube and look for buffalo attacks or something like that and you'll see why. We've seen some truly scary stuff in Yellowstone and other places from idiotic people who think it's a petting zoo out there. People who send their little kids over to stand by the nice buffalo to have their pictures taken, stupid stuff like that that makes us hope we're not there when it all turns tragic. These are huge, powerful, wild animals that can't be trusted and can kill you dead in a heartbeat.

We had a rally out there a couple years ago and one of our group was following someone who was driving a minivan and encroaching on a group of bison walking along the road. One of the bison took offense to that and, in one swift motion, reached out a horn and gouged a foot-long gash in the rear panel of the minivan and ripped the back bumper off. Think what they'd do to a person's body. They look docile but they can get crazy in an instant. They can also jump over fences and run thirty miles an hour. They're very impressive but not at all trustworthy.

I'd love to meet up with a group of people out at Custer. Or anywhere for that matter. We've had some great times at rallies we've hosted all over the US. Custer is a great place to hold a rally though, because it's one of the most popular family destinations in the US and it's within thirty miles of almost all the big attractions out there, Crazy Horse, Rushmore, Deadwood, Needles highway, one of the largest bison herds in the world, the Black Hills, Wind Cave NP, Jewel Cave, Sturgis, Badlands NP, etc, etc. Custer is well known for the wildlife. We're looking forward to seeing the baby pronghorns and deer, too. Even the prairie dogs!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-thank you for getting that dog out of Detroit. We have so many and a lot end up fighting. Then they bust the rings and have to keep the dogs for "evidence". Then the shelter will frantically call the groups to grab as many other dogs (other dogs the pits will displace) as possible so they don't have to be euthanized. I had a friend who worked doing rehabbing down there and used to grab strays and adopt them out but the problem is huge. Things are better these days than when i was doing active rescue w/ a group but definatly not perfect yet.

That does sound meeting up.I will wear red.