2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 48
Page 48 of 271 FirstFirst ... 38454647484950515898148 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I read somewhere that some buffalo can be 2000+ pounds. That is a lot of animal. I prefer to see some of God's creations from a safe distance. But the baby burro, oh my, I want it! And DH and I are nuts about prairie dogs, especially when they pop up out of their burrows. Too hilarious! Anyway, your trip sounds awesome.

fw, I too bought a garden kneeler for $1 at Dollar Tree and it certainly saves my knees, especially the left one with very little cartilage left. My floor looks like brick done in a herringbone pattern---pretty when you see it but definitely a pain to maintain. Someday, if I have the money, I'd love to replace it with hardwood, but that is WAY down the list right now.

RABBIT, our Jaxx is part pit. I'm not happy about it but he is what he is. We love him dearly. He really is sweet because we treat him well. Around here, there are so many animals allowed to breed that it is impossible to help them all. Our rescue organizations are great, and we just got a brand-new, state-of-the-art county animal shelter, but it's already at capacity since it's puppy and kitten season. Just the other day a dog with a thick chain embedded in its neck was left at the shelter during the night; law enforcement is seeking the person who left it. Many ignorant and some vicious pet "owners" in our city, dog-fighting is not uncommon, animals are allowed to breed in spite of FREE or low-cost spaying/neutering programs. It's discouraging but we do what we can in spite of it.

Ah well, off my soapbox now.

For Sunday:

1) Church and errands DONE
    2) Menus for next week
    3) Clean bathrooms since I still haven't done it and they are on the verge of disgusting
    4) Be a sloth for the rest of the day

Have a really nice day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well this weekend was a busy one! Hubby and I were getting the yard cleaned up and he is so happy that all the "stuff" is gone!

Tomorrow looks busy, so I'll need to pace myself.

1. Call mechanic and take my car in for a tire. We got a flat on Friday when we were picking up the dog at the groomers, so I'm riding on a donut.
    2. Make a bunch of phone calls for my meds that ran out and a few appointments that need made.
    3. One half hour in the basement.
    4. Finish the prep work for this weeks menu. (Whatever I don't finish today)

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, bison are definitely a sight to behold! We love the pronghorns, too. We've been out in the Bighorns in Wyoming and seen huge herds running full tilt. If you've seen large flocks of birds that all change direction and just seem to flow across the sky as one unit, that's how the pronghorns are, only on land, just flowing as if they have one mind up into the hills. Gorgeous. It's unbelievable how fast they are, too. We've been on the highway at times with them running on the ground in the same direction a distance away, and they're keeping up with us.

We accomplished a major ta-done today. We were all set to start on the garage gutter project this morning. But first, we decided to put in the two metal fence posts next to the surveyors' pins on our property line, since the snotty neighbor who thinks our trailers are all parked on her property ripped down all the surveyors' tape that was marking the property line on the trees, about twenty feet behind our trailers. Wouldn't want anything official to prove her wrong, you know. Now if she rips the fence posts out, it's trespassing and vandalism. We wanted to get the posts in before she gets back from Alaska for the summer, in hopes she won't notice.

Once that was done, we decided to look the dock project over again since we were down at the lake anyway. One thing led to another and all of a sudden the dock was attached to the truck. Just to see if we could get the right angle to clear the trees that were in front of the dock, of course. It worked, with about three inches of space on either side of the dock, which is twelve feet wide. Okay. Then we decided as long as we were that far along, and since the front of the dock was right on the edge of the road which wasn't good, we might as well drag the thing over into the driveway and see if we could get it apart. Simple. Now what? We rolled the 12x8 L over to the fire hydrant and pushed and pulled and cussed and lifted till we were able to jockey it around the hydrant and get it more or less lined up with the lakeshore. We knew getting the dock around the trees from its old spot and around the hydrant to its new spot would be the two biggest problems, and that turned out to be true. Once we had the L moved, it was nothing to roll the 16x4 walkway over to the new spot and the worst was over. One of the support chains under the dock broke while we were moving the L, which was a good thing because obviously they were rusty enough they needed to be replaced, and it's an easy job with the dock up out of the water, not so much fun when it's in the water. So we ran into town and bought replacement chain. Then we just attached the two dock pieces together and shoved the frame into the lake. We haven't used it in years, which is stupid, but we never used any of our watercraft because we didn't like any of them so didn't need the dock much. Besides it was too hard to get to with all kinds of ankle-busting rocks in the way. Anyway, the worst is over and all our burning questions that bothered us all winter have been answered. All the decking for the dock is up here at the house now, waiting to be pressure washed. Then Husby will put those back on and I'll level the dock and we'll be all set. This is HUGE and something we dreaded, so we're really glad it's this far along now. I think we're really going to like it much better in its new place.

It's been a perfect day up here in the great northwoods. Sunny, blue skies, blue water, pine-scented air, loons and ducks calling on the lake, no bugs. I even saw two eagles today, always a treat.

I walked over 7,500 steps so far today, too. I'm sure I'll pay for that tomorrow. But it's good for me. At least I keep telling myself that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon ladies,

yep been down again, seems like its normal anymore, just trying to take it easy, ugh..

No list, oh yeah I did cut up some chives for the dryer, DH said the chives and rhubarb have bolted already, so cut them all down, dont know if we will get any or not.

For a good look at buffalo, and bears, visit yellowstone nat. park, they roam free. Also if you hit the Grand Daddy of em all rodeo, in Cheyenne, WY, the last full week in july they have Buffalo by the park that you can walk up to, they are behind a fence. They had a white baby up there a couple years ago. ( I was raised in Wyo.) The buffalo are there all the time, its just easy to find them by finding the arena.

Have a wonderful week... l'll be checking in....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

childs ranch
    horsesandbuffalos.net
    They let you feed them corn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, been worried about you----you are in my prayers.

SD, I am not mechanically or spatially inclined but I actually understood what you and DH did! I keep saying you are a GOOD writer. Congrats on getting such a huge task done.

For today:

1) Reset downstairs
    2) Do some weeding
    3) Call a couple of friends I need to touch base with
    4) Hose off screened porch

It's such a pretty day that I may end up just sitting outside soaking up some sun for my vitamin D-deprived body.

Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh is at his new job yeah!!
    Because he is not here i can tear up more to clean and fix it before he gets back.
    I have 5 more garbage bags to toss after the guys pick up in a bit.
    And a vaccumn to get a particularly messy spider.
    Plow on!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, please take it easy!

As expected, my back is trashed so I'm taking it easy today myself. I walked over 8,000 steps by the time I went to bed last night, so that was good. I was going to bump my steps per day goal to 3,000 today, but since I can hardly move, I guess that will have to wait.

Still lots to do on the dock project but I'm not going to be lifting those dock panels either, so they won't get washed today unless Husby feels better than I do, which isn't likely. Still, we both like playing with the pressure washer so we'll see how we both feel when he gets home from work. Maybe I can bribe him with steak on the grill.

Don't know what's on my list for today. I guess I'll play it by ear.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!!

no list today,

ilc, I am ok, thank you for the thoughts and prayers, dont worry, it will make you sick!! I do enough of that for everyone!!

SD, so sorry you hurt your back, please take care, and dont forget pictures!!

FW, yipppeee!! SO glad he found work!!!

Jen are you doing better?

Niko, how are you doing, I see you lurking around! lol

Take care ladies, I miss you guys so much!! Hopefully soon I will be back with my lists!!

Have a beautiful day!

oh yeah, RABBIT, I Love your furbabies, I would take them all!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished a puzzle! Ta-done! Real productive, I know.

I just realized I still need to remake the salvaged sunroof case from our old Cadillac into a carry case for the toaster oven I want to put in the camper. Having a convenient oven in there will open up all sorts of new possibilities for food choices while we're traveling, so I really want to get that done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah I've been lurking and reading. Haven't done anything productive to post. Forgot to take blood pressure meds this morning and not sure about yesterday morning. Feel like hammered crap. It's 6:30 pm and I normally take in the morning so it's to late to take now. Haven't really felt "good" all week. I think my nerves are just strung out.

So for now I'll just lurk and read. Hopefully be back in a few days to participate.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/4 today. It was an easy list.

SD, I am so jealous of your home! I would love to live in a place like that, it sounds so beautiful!

Pinetree, Take care. No overdoing!

Tomorrow:

1. Clean up the dining room.
    2. Sweep the porches.
    3. One half hour in the basement.
    4. A little sewing for me.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, sorry to hear about your dog.

ilc, so if Jaxx is a Pit/mix you know what I mean. They are just dogs, not monsters. It all has to do with raising them.

NikoSan, write yourself a note tomorrow to take your pills, you don't want to be without them too many days. Hope tomorrow finds you in a better spot.

Just for the record, beastie is a term of endearment for Jelly Bean. I started calling her that after seeing the movie Malificient. (sp?) Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea!

As usual I forgot to post a list for today. I got caught up looking at pictures of Custer State Park yesterday. Such a beautiful place. The picture of the buffalo walking around the camping area was a bit scary though. Today I cleaned the bathroom, grocery shopped, stopped to buy a gift certificate for a friend who's laid up and took beastie to the park for a long hike. I'm worn out, unfortunately she's not.

Tuesday
    1 - dailies
    2 - drop off magazines at moms after work
    3 - exercise
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-I sure didnt I call my 3 male dogs all types of endearments. Some not typeable and having any mention outside my home. Most relating to gas and do-do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We call Sota a gasbag. He can sure stink up the place! Can't wait to be stuck in our little camper with him-not.

Custer SP is really pretty. One reason we like it out there is because it's so different than here. We're in the middle of deep woods here, so the only time we can see off in the distance is if we're by a big lake or up high somewhere, like in an airplane. Out there, you can see for miles. We also like it because it's only about 900 miles away, so an easy drive, and both routes are about half interstate which makes it even easier.

When we stayed at Roosevelt NP in western North Dakota, the bison were in the campground too. It was spring and they were itchy, shedding their winter coats. They scratched on everything. That included things like picnic tables in the cg which were covered in long, wooly, smelly hair, and some really large 8x8 wooden posts that were across a walking path to keep cars from driving on it. We watched as a big bull scratched on one of those posts and bent it over almost to the ground. Those things are so powerful even when they're not really trying to be! I woke up one morning to this ripping sound right outside the camper. We had just gotten our first pop up then, so the only thing separating us from the outdoors was the canvas. I couldn't figure out what that sound was so I cautiously zipped the bunk window open a little, only to find a bison about ten feet away, having breakfast by ripping huge chunks of grass up to eat. I just kept whispering to myself, "please don't scratch on the trailer, please don't scratch on the trailer." Our camper would have been in pieces if any of them would have! It was a neat experience but a little scary at the time. Luckily our two dogs just sat there looking at the bison and didn't make a sound.

It's experiences like that which keep us always looking forward to the next trip. We never know what's going to happen or what new things we'll see. The memories live on for years and they're priceless to us.