2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 49
Page 49 of 271 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999149 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to post today's to-do's.

1. We're having a power outage for an hour starting at ten AM, so I'm planning my walk for then. Don't need power to walk on the road. I'll stay home if it rains though, which it looks like it might.

2. Start working on the carry bag for the toaster oven. I've been contemplating that for months now and it's time to execute. We'll want it when we go out to Custer.

3. Roll the fatties and get them in the freezer.

I hope I can get all that done. I won't have the carry bag finished today, but I'm hoping I can at least figure out the design and get it cut.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, yea about your DH's new job!

RABBIT, hope you get lots done today.

Jen, how is working with doing 1/2 hour at a time in your basement?

SD, I loved the story about the bison outside your campsite!

Niko, please be careful with those meds. DH skipped his a couple of days in a row and he ended up flat on his face in the yard when he passed out.

pinetree, make a list when you can and don't worry when you can't. This too shall pass.

Felt rotten yesterday with tummy issues (a bug is going around) but managed to get a few things done.

For Tuesday:

1) End-of-month financial stuff
    2) A load of laundry
    3) Shake out pet blankets
    4) Vacuum our bedroom
    5) Sweep downstairs
    6) Rest, as needed

Have a good Tuesday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow, you guys are running circles around me! lol

You all sound lke you are doing great, except ilc, hope you are feeling better!

Have a small list today, going to the Dr. again, thinks this being light headed is from blood pressure or new diabetic meds, So niko, be careful taking yours, they can really mess you up not taking them..

Like I should talk, I have my days pills in a container, sitting in front of me, and forget to take them!So I am no help to you!

have a wonderful day, enjoy!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He wasn't outside the campsite! That was the problem. He was standing on the gravel RIGHT BEHIND the camper! ROFL!

Here's a pic of the dock. Looks pretty bad, eh?

The left wheel is down in the trench the FD dug when they ran the pipe out into the lake. The way this hydrant works is they dig down below the frost line and run pipe out to the point in the lake where the water is deep enough not to freeze. Then in the winter, they can fill the pumper trucks out of the lake with water that's under the ice. Anyway, there's a special winch that will lift that side of the dock once we get the decking back on it, so eventually it'll be level again. So glad it's this far along. The dock will probably be a little farther out into the lake when we're done, but we need to throw a cable on it and tether it to a tree so it doesn't go on walkabout. Our only goal Sunday was to get it moved, reassembled, and shoved into the lake so it was out of the way of the FD if they need to bring their trucks in there.

I'm 2/3 today so far. I went for a walk and we met a boat and about a dozen vehicles. Very unusual, although I should have figured the power company would be out and about since they shut the power off for some maintenance. That was part of the traffic. A lady stopped me and asked if I had seen or smelled smoke while I was out because her husband is a spotter and someone had reported a column of smoke. She lives on the lake behind our house so they're close by, and if there's a fire back there it could affect us, too. But I hadn't noticed anything. Some of the other traffic was either DNR, Forest Service, and county vehicles, and they could have been out looking for a fire, too. No planes took off from the seaplane base though, so I don't know how serious the threat was. Haven't seen or heard any fire trucks or anything either. It was an odd walk. At any rate, I'm over 3,000 steps for today already which is good.

I cut out the lining for the carry bag. I'm going to baste that together and see if it will work. I only have one shot at getting the sunroof cover cut right, and it's a really nice piece of padded vinyl so I don't want to mess it up if I can avoid it. This is one of my usual design-as-I-go projects. Who needs a stinkin' pattern?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dont think it looks bad, except like you said, needs to be leveled a bit. You have a beautiful place, I would love to have those beautiful sights and sounds around me all the time, you are really blessed!

You are going to have a blast on your new toys this summer!!!

Thanks for the pictures guys, I love looking at pictures.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's also not perpendicular to the shoreline since it decided to roll in at a little angle, but I for one am not going to wade out and move it. Besides, that water is about 34 degrees right now. We may be able to pull on the part that's still onshore and straighten it out though, which is what I'm hoping for. We'll need all the space we can get because we'll have to bring the bikes into the space inside the L to bring them up on shore.

We do love it here. That's what makes it so dang hard to think about leaving, even though the medical care isn't the best. Do we stay where we love to be and take our chances, or move where we know we're not going to be as happy, just in case of a dire emergency that might never happen?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-you are going way fancier than i did. I didn't need to carry ours far so I just shoved it in an old electric blanket bag. My issue was no grease in the van please.
    DH had a fit anyway because he has this Boy Scout cook over a fire thing in his head. I just wanted french bread pizza-sue me. ANd a get tired of kneeling in wet dirt after a rain. Or digging out the pit to find dry enough dirt to start a fire

Rippin and tearing on the pantry project. Armed w/ my vaccumn many a spider went down.lol I want the floor clear of all the things the kids dropped. I got 4 more garbage bags out of the MIL.
    Had to push DH out the door today. Not happy w/ this new job. Long drive AND he is the only non Hindi speaker in the group. Everyone is nice to him so far but he feels out of place. It's not what he was making but fairly close so I am unsympathetic to a degree. That would be the day anyone would offer me that kind of money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, you have to remember I'm a designer and made good money doing custom sewing for people. I can't settle for easy. It has to be special. Besides, I put everything in the camper in padded bags. It helps minimize damage from things rubbing against other things.

I used to live in a neighborhood where I was not in the majority, racially speaking. I considered it a learning experience. It gave me a good perspective and helped me understand a little bit what it's like to be part of a minority.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I am not- and easy that works is good. And we dont have a camper just a tent.
    I did buy about 10 cloth quilted totes @ 1. each that I fold in the handles for appliance covers.
    I do have about 1/2 left and now i have the idea to use those for lighter things.
    I bet I could stick the plastic in one of those for the handle factor. and the picnic ware.

DH just hates change. But I can talk him into stuff if need be. He is used to working at home w/his dog is his office while throwing in laundry. His wife bringing him lunch. The environment as he only chooses. He had started to have to go to the office this year for the first time in 5 years steadily.
    He hasnt traveled to an office in 3 years before that. His boss a voice on the phone he never met.(although he traveled to diff. places for trips). He is out of social practice. Plus he knows he wont be staying. It will be ok. Everyone has to adjust to new things periodically if not constantly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it's a rough ride in our camper even with radial tires and a torsion axle, especially in the back end. So I try to keep everyone stored in there from the old 'he's touching me!' argument. And I really, really hate when there are those black marks from aluminum all over everything, so every piece of aluminum is in a case to prevent that. We can easily travel thousands of miles on a single trip and sometimes not all of it's going to be on nice roads.

I do use stuff like the plastic bags from blankets for things though. Not usually camping stuff, but if I needed it, I'd use it. I have a couple round bags in the camper that are made from white tarp material, the plastic kind. They came with some parts for our house mattress rolled up in them. Now they have our spare comforters stuffed into them in the camper. You know me, I love a good repurpose!

My plan is to leave the oven in the camper all the time, whether I plan to use it on a specific trip or not, so it needs to be well protected from damage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Speaking of a good repurpose, I've been trying to think all day what I could use to stash my food scale, WW Point Plus calculator, folding measuring cups, and some other tools I use all the time for portion control. I need all that stuff in the camper because I'm determined to do better when we're on vacation. I was going to use Velcro to attach the scale to the countertop, but it's getting to be so much more stuff now, and I was afraid the Velcro would fail when the trailer gets too hot, too. But I just remembered the casserole carrier I've used for years to store two fan/lights that hang from the ceiling in there, one over each bunk. It always worked perfectly. But I haven't used it in three years. We never bother to put the fan/lights away anymore, because we always use the lights even on overnighters, so we just put the fan/lights on the bunks for travel, bracing them with pillows and blankets so they don't fall off the beds and break. I haven't gotten rid of the casserole carrier, just in case, but I'm thinking now it would work well for the WW stuff. It could also ride on my bed for travel, and would only take a second to transfer over to the counter, so I wouldn't have any excuse not to get my stuff out and use it. Guess I'll walk down and see if I can find it. I think I left it in the camper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sounds like a plan. I year I used those bags you can vaccumn real small. We had a compressor feature on the van at that time and I think I used that?? They are costly but i got mine new at S.A.
    I have china cases to store the good china that can hold stuff. and I switched to clear tubs too. Depending on Dh and DD's schedule (so she can watch dogs) I might like to do a few days if DH's leg will let us.
    Still too busy to think vacation right now.

Overwhelmed and the cans are full for now so it's break time. I ate thai for lunch-wanted candy.!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted Oreos, which I don't even like that much. I'm having diet pop instead. It'll be time to eat some fruit pretty soon. We tried minneolas for the first time Friday and bought a bunch of those. They're really good!

I can see where those vacuum bags would be a big help if you can vacuum the dirty stuff as it accumulates. Otherwise it would be interesting getting everything back into the car!

I found the casserole carrier and it should be perfect! So now I'm repurposing it twice. Have to get my $1 worth out of it, dontcha know. I'll have room for the scale, two of those rectangular Land O'Lakes cottage cheese dishes for the smaller items, boxes of Ziploc bags in two different sizes for making 100-calorie snack packs and individual bag salads, the instructions for the scale and calculator in case I forget which isn't really likely, and some small thin cookbooks I'm putting together with WW recipes and other recipes for food that will travel well and/or go together quickly from food items I should be able to buy anywhere, although whenever I think I'm going to be able to get common items everywhere, I remember not being able to buy tortillas at a grocery store in Oklahoma. Go figure. Between this 'new' bag and our bentos which have our small dishes already in them and the tiny coolers I have, I should be all set up for eating right without much effort.

I'm just looking at WW cookbooks now and found a recipe for stromboli that should do really well in the toaster oven. It uses pizza crust that comes in a tube. I've never used that but it sounds easy enough for camping although I'm sure it's overpriced like most of that stuff is. We don't shop for bargains when we travel, and I'm willing to pay for convenience. Although we did buy two gallons of milk in Sheridan, Wyoming, once when we found it for only $2/gallon. Here at home it's over $4/gallon. I guess I should say we don't ALWAYS shop for bargains. If we find them, we might take advantage of them but I always figure we save enough by not eating out that it doesn't hurt to spend a little more on groceries if we feel like it. It's going to be a whole new culinary world having an oven on demand instead of using charcoal and Dutch ovens.

I use some china cases as travel cases for small Dutch ovens.

I hate tubs because I hate digging for stuff, so we only have two. One is the shower pan and holds all the pieces for the portable indoor shower. We can't really use anything else for that. The other one is smallish and holds large things like the CrockPot that we don't use very often. Since it's big stuff in that one, there's not as much digging. We do use lots of cat litter pails to organize things. We use five between the seats in the truck, where they double as a seat extender for the dogs. That has ended up being a great system that really cuts down on clutter in the truck. They hold souvenirs in one, travel info Husby likes to pick up, rain jackets and sweatshirts, charcoal, and dog snacks. There are a bunch of them in one of the cargo spaces under the dinette seat in the trailer, where we store all the power and water stuff. One has everything we need to hook up to fresh water. One has spare hoses. One has extension cords. Stuff like that. You wouldn't believe the frustrating mess we had in that bay before I finally wised up and split that space up! I resisted doing it because it seemed like we'd lose too much space, but in reality it's so much better organized we gained space and the only thing we lost was the frustration.

We used to tent camp and if we still did, I know we'd be using totes, too. Having stuff organized and packed in those would make car camping a lot easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/4 today. I cleaned in the basement. I'm starting to really see progress down there and hopefully will be done soon. I do work slowly, though and it makes a difference. If I was healthy, it would be finished. Oh, well.

Tomorrow:

1. Sweep the porches.
    2 Clean dining room.
    3. Scrub the stove.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yeah, I have the after 50's and need to see in the tubs- so clear tubs. I used to bring a small dome tent for stuff. Up North is not like is used to be though. There are Walmarts and that so your not just w/o.

DH actually came home and said the pantry looked fantastic. The floor is almost cleaned of junk. But it felt nice he noticed. A girl takes what she can get. I have a big headache but progress is progress. It better NEVER get close to this bad again but the kids that did it are out and grown. Should have this under controll by next month.