2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 50
Page 50 of 271 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Trying to figure out Microsoft Excel. I want to make a spreadsheet so I can list every ingredient needed for a recipe and make a checklist so I know what I have, what I need to buy, and what's already packed. I can't make heads or tails out of that program. Maybe Husby can help me. There must be a way to do it and it's probably not even that difficult.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my sympathies. I shorted out the plug in the house (popped the fuse) and had to reset old computer today. He balked and got confused. He is at least 10 yrs. old. Prob. more but we have tweaked over the years upgrading and replacing fans and such. It is all HP hand-me-downs from Dh's work castoffs for the bulk of it. The monitor button to shut off is broken. poor thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I have NEVER been able to figure out Excel. Never ever, and I've tried. Many times. I get to a certain spot and then---no clue as to what to do next. Maybe there's a Excel for Dummies book I could check out from the library.

Posting tonight since I've get to get to school early to help with the standardized testing.

For Wednesday:

1) School
    2) Lunch afterwards with my friend Jackie
    3) Everything on Tuesday's list except the financial work

See you later tomorrow, everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby helped me out. He's very familiar with Excel and loves it. He's nuts. I have the first couple of pages set up so that's a start. Now I have to round up my recipes and get them entered. I want it so when we're packing up for a trip, I can just select XX meals from the lists, and then go down the checklists and see what we have, what we need, and check it off as it's packed. I don't know if it'll work but it's worth a try. It should save time over coming up with a new menu every time we take a trip, and then I won't have to sit here and make new itemized lists every time either. I've been meaning to do this for probably ten years now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive. But work is eating me. Since changing to the new teams and dividing the work it seems like all back-up we had from coordination and supervision is gone. One of my colleagues will probably be sick for another month and working day shifts or not working at all. We have 4 people in training. And my team has 10 members, including coordination. So honestly I am just going to try to take it one day at a time and not think about the future.

Niko, you passed the 5 year anniversary of your bankruptcy didn't you? How are you doing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Easy to make my list for today:

1. Eye appointment. Goodbye, $500. Can't complain about being able to see well though. Priceless.
    2. Find pressure washer and hoses.
    3. Make grocery list and run errands.
    4. Roll fatties.
    5. Pin and baste lining for toaster oven case. Really want that done.
    6. 3,000 steps. Should be easy with two trips to town and running around setting up pressure washer and hoses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, work is what pays the bills so if everything else has to wait, so be it. Hopefully things get better at work for you soon.

You guys are really getting things done! You're making me look like a sloth. I have a long list for today so I guess I'll see how far I get.

1 - clean master bedroom and bath (bedroom is done)
    2 - wash bathroom walls (done)
    3 - laundry ( done)
    4 - call up patio furniture from basement
    5 - organize office ( working on it 1/2 hour at a time)
    6 - make calls
    7 - wash car/vacuum
    8 - take beastie to park
    9 - separate bags of newspapers for rabbit litter boxes
    10 - write letter
    11 - wash all floors
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1. Eye appointment. Goodbye, $500. Can't complain about being able to see well though. Priceless.
    2. Find pressure washer and hoses.
    3. Make grocery list and run errands.
    4. Roll fatties.
    5. Pin and baste lining for toaster oven case. Really want that done.
    6. 3,000 steps. Should be easy with two trips to town and running around setting up pressure washer and hoses.
    Well, those plans went down in flames.

First I showed up at the eye doc's an hour early. Hate when that happens. Whatever. So I go to visit my mom for a while and find out the nasty bee-och who gave Mom the hard sell to get the home alert thing when all Mom wanted was a brochure had called her again AFTER Mom's lawyer friend had already called and told her Mom didn't want the thing. Mom had already sent the device back and UPS had confirmed the company had received and accepted it. So the bee-och was giving Mom the hard sell again and trying to guilt her into accepting the service and bugging her about having to talk to "the lawyer". They've been continuing to call her but luckily, she's been using caller ID to screen calls and won't talk to them. Mom's lawyer had also talked to the bee-och and she had lied to him. He wasn't real impressed. He didn't think much of the contract either. As long as she ignores the calls the whole thing should be over, but she feels guilty for blowing them off. I'll never understand that when they're the ones who did something wrong, not her.

So I go back to the eye doc's and he's running way behind, having had two emergencies this morning that threw his whole schedule off the rails. No problem, sometimes it's my turn to be helped right away, but today was not that day. Did the exam and got the good news that I have cataracts. Yippy skippy, so thrilled. I'm not that worried about it and if it would get me down to one pair of glasses, that would be really, really nice. It might happen. So I have a consult for the surgery fifty miles away in June. I called Husby and informed him he'll need to take that day off. The good news is insurance should cover it all, and Husby can take sick days to drive me, so costs to us should be minimal, probably just gas for three or four 100-mile round trips, and new reading glasses, maybe, which I had planned to buy today anyway. I'm grateful for that and also the technology available these days to help me, and the surgeon who has a stellar reputation. She does these surgeries frequently so is very experienced and everyone who has had her do their eyes raves about her and about their results. I did save some money buying close out eyeglass frames for $39, since I'll probably be getting new readers if not other glasses. These are the fancy shmancy designer frames I would never buy, so technically I didn't save very much over cheaper frames, but similar ones they had that weren't being closed out are going for $240, plus the lenses. Crazy time.

So as I wove my way home wishing I could see after having my eyes dilated, I stopped at the dirt contractor's place in hopes of catching him around so I could talk to him about getting a bid for our wreck of a driveway. No luck. And then I discovered that Mr. Paranoia has not only removed all the tools and CDs from the truck in anticipation of having some work done on it, he has also removed EVERYTHING ELSE down to and including the dang pens and notepads that should be in there! I couldn't even leave the dirt guy a note. Husby is on my list today. At least he forgot the BR5-49 CD that was in the player, so I had some nice rockabilly to enjoy on my way to and from town.

I'm still hoping to get the fatties rolled and in the freezer. That hamburger needs to be used, and I need space in the fridge to start thawing out the turkey for the next batch of dog food.

I'm not doing errands today. While I was talking to Mom, we discovered an interesting-looking estate sale coming up on Friday at 4. Husby gets off work at 3:30 so that'll be perfect and we can all go, if he's off my list by then. Should be fun, and we'll do errands then and save a trip.

Not going to work on the toaster oven case. I'm not in the mood and I'd probably sew my arm into it since I still can't see details that well. It'll still be here tomorrow.

I did park three blocks from the eye doc and walk, so I've walked 3,600 steps so far today.

Such drama. I love my boring life. No, really, I do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, I meant to type "carry up" patio furniture from basement. It would have been a lot easier if I could have "called" it up though!

Sorry about the cataracts, SD. At least you have a good attitude about it. Everyone I know that has had the surgery has done fine and were thrilled that they didn't have to wear glasses all the time.

10/11 today. Didn't end up washing the car because I noticed it's supposed to rain tomorrow morning and my car will just get all mucked up again when I'm driving to work so I will put it on my Friday's list.

Thursday
    1 - cut, file, purge coupons
    2 - iron
    3 - make jumbo salad

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a couple dock panels pressure washed tonight. They're not going to be spotless. Some of that crap won't come off even with a scrub brush. I guess I'm okay with it. We're just going to walk on it, after all, and it's outside and not in the house, so what does it really matter? We have other stuff to do. But I think baking what's left on there in the sun all summer and freezing it in the winter might help loosen it up and maybe it'll come off next year, now that the dock won't by under sappy pine trees anymore. Even without being able to get all the crud off, it'll still be a huge improvement.

The home alert company called Mom this afternoon and left a message telling her she has to call them to cancel the service herself. Having an attorney representing her and canceling it on her behalf isn't good enough.

IOW, they want another chance to hammer on her and beat her down so they can get her to change her mind. I told her not to call them. UPS has confirmed that company received and accepted the package with their device in, and she never signed or returned the contract. She owes them nothing and has no reason to contact them. Her attorney also confirmed they tried to withdraw money from her bank account. They're really starting to piss me off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I hate the strong-arm tactics some companies use, especially with older folks, to get or keep their business. To me it's just unethical. And this one is trying to get money from her account??? Report them to the BBB and the local law-enforcement authorities. Also to any elder-care agencies.

Ayanka, just do what you can to get through each day. It's amazing how many things can wait when you're really, really busy. Pay bills, get everybody fed, have enough clean clothes---I've found those take precedence over everything.

RABBIT, WTG on that long list!

For Thursday:

1) More laundry
    2) General pickup of downstairs
    3) Gather more stuff for donation
    4) Enjoy the weather

Have a nice Thursday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thursday to-do's:

1. Cook chicken for supper.
    2. Make a good side dish for supper.
    3. Wash some more dock panels.
    4. Get out turkey to thaw for dog food.

Ta-done:

1. Walked down to neighbors' garage sale and got some goodies and then carried them home, about 2,000 steps.
    2. Fixed dog door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

throw chicken in marinade in gallon bag for grilling later-mesquite-done
    Dw flipped and run-done
    put wet load in dryer
    do fruit section of pantry-done
    do Asian section-in process

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got 2/3 done today. Don't know if I'm going to do coupons tonight, I'm exhausted. Hopefully though I will get a second wind, if not they will go on tomorrow's list.

Friday
    1 - wash patio furniture
    2 - wash car/vacuum
    3 - dailies (dust, wipe down kitchen and laundry room)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The latest from Mom is the company called and left a message about how she needs to call them because they "can't delete the file" until she calls and tells them herself she doesn't want the service. More .
    They also acknowledged in the message they had gotten their merchandise back. So let's review: She never signed a contract, so there is nothing for her to cancel. She had a lawyer representing her who told them in no uncertain terms she does not want their device or their service. They acknowledge and UPS has confirmed that she returned their device, so there's no need for further discussion about that. She made it clear to the original sales person AFTER her lawyer spoke to the same salesperson that she didn't want the service, therefore already telling them what they want her to call about now. The file in question belongs to THE COMPANY, so they can do with it whatever they want (I have some suggestions ) and shouldn't need her permission to delete it. Hmmmm.... What do you think is going to happen if she calls them and gives them another chance to give her the hard sell?

You would recognize the name of this company if I mentioned it. Their contract covers their butts six ways from Sunday while promising the consumer basically nothing. This has been an interesting lesson though, in just how worthless AARP's endorsement of products is, too. We decided years ago AARP is pretty worthless itself, and this episode sure doesn't make them look any better. According to this contract, the company defines "reasonable effort" to contact someone in case of a customer's emergency to consist of calling and leaving a message, sending an e mail, OR sending a text to the first person on the customer's contact list to be the extent of their obligation. WHAT? How would you feel if your loved one had that service and needed the help this company offers (but not in the fine print), and all they did was what I stated above? What if that person died because they didn't keep calling until they got someone? All I can say is and more .

I'm 3/4 today. I was going to make salad to go with the chicken, but I'm adding broccoli to the chicken to keep the points value lower so won't need to. Maybe tomorrow.

I did clean up the kitchen, wash a bunch of dishes by hand, unload the dishwasher, and load a half load back in.

As I was washing the dang dishes, it occurred to me how much of a person's life is spent cleaning one thing or another. It hardly seems fair.