2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 51
Page 51 of 271 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry, I've been absent for a day or 2. Went to see the doctor today and he gave me a new pain medication. I haven't tried it, yet, but I'm hopeful that it will do the trick. I've also got to get serious about losing some of this weight, so I need to get more activity in.

SD, sorry your Mom is dealing with that. I hate those parasites who prey on the elderly!

Tomorrow:

1. Start a food and exercise diary.
    2. Do some mending. I'm getting behind on this and I need to empty the basket.
    3. Update calendar for May and put in new appointments.
    4. Pull out some kitchen cotton and crochet a few new washcloths.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, do you have a way to track steps? I need to boost my activity too, and hate exercise. But since my diet buddy sent me a Fitbit One that counts my steps, I'm suddenly excited about walking. It seems so much easier to walk 2,000 steps instead of a mile, which for me is about a mile. And it helps you realize how much you're walking just doing chores around home or running errands even in small stores in a small town. I find myself looking for stepportunities now, where in the past I would have avoided any extra walking.

Just a thought. They're expensive but for me it's worth it and I'd buy a new one if the one I was gifted died or got lost.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Evening,, geeze reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock!

Sounds like everyone is doing well!! WTG!!

Went to DR Tues. said my problem now is from my vertigo,, wtg just what I need is something to make me dizzy,, ok No laughing !!

Hes put me on a different statsin (sp) lipitor was makng all my muscles hurt so bad I couldnt take it any longer! I must admit I amtreally feeling ALOT better!! I have actually worked the last 2 days, well kinda part time, but its alot more than I was doing.

I started applying for my social security, I see no reason why I should apply now instead of waiting. Hopefully it wont mess the money situation too much.

ilc will get ahold of you later but got your surprise, Thank you so much, I really love it!! Really!! and I found it interesting!! I might have to travel back that way one day!!

I am going to try and fix dinner tonight,, we will see, I am getting kinda of tired...

SD,, get those people off your Mom!! Can you block their number? Will the phone company help?

miss you guys!

Have a wonderful evening!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 04-30-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad the change in meds is helping. It's no fun being sick all the time.

We're in favor of waiting a couple weeks and seeing if the idiots leave Mom alone or not. If they continue to harass her, then we'll have to look at doing something else to get them to cease and desist.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, OH. MY. GOSH! I think my head would have exploded by now if that was my mom. I second pinetree's suggestion to see if the phone company can block the calls.

Jen, hope your new pain medication is effective.

pinetree, I'm glad to hear that your starting to feel better, finding the right meds is so tricky.

Got my second wind so I knocked out the coupons. Even went to the library too to pick up some books I had requested.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If they don't quit calling her, I may give our state attorney general's office a call and see what they say. Most likely the company has a lot of different phone numbers they could use so I don't know if blocking one would help any.

In the meantime, I'm trying to think of an alternative for Mom for some kind of an alert system. She lives in an apartment and I'm thinking all she needs is one of those little personal safety alarms. She lives right across the hall from the building manager who has master keys to everything, and if she set off a loud alarm in her apartment they'd hear it and come running, day or night, and be able to instantly get into her apartment to help her. They're really nice people. Same if she was down in the community room alone or anywhere else in that building. A loud alarm would get attention and help any time from other residents. She's not out of her apartment much at night, and people are around during the day. She never goes anywhere else alone that she really would need one of those alert services. But whatever, if she's driving around town, there are people around and the same at stores or wherever else she might be. If she goes out of town, she usually doesn't drive herself so she wouldn't need an alert service either. I'm going to mention that idea to her tomorrow. I see they're available on Amazon starting at around $8. She could have several at that price. I think that would make her feel better. She's afraid she will fall and not be able to get any help. Those damn commercials these companies use to scare old people do a pretty good job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh wow SD the stuff with your Mom is ridiculous. I'm so sorry you all have to deal with that. That's just terrible. We had a company call us repeatedly but no one would speak and the number came up as private on the Caller ID. In our phone book there were instructions to report harrassing calls and it seems like we had to call the police station and open a case file. Then each time we got a call we had to note it down somehow...I can't remember if we had to call the police and let them know or if we had to push a couple of buttons on the phone to track the call? Seems like it was that option (pushing certain # to track call). Once there was more than one or two calls made to our home the police got on it and tracked it down. Turns out in our case it was a water company that sold their product for home use (you buy one of those water dispenser things and they deliver the jugs every week etc). It was an automated phone line so that's why no one spoke. Apparently my voice was undetectable by their machine. Anyway, the police got a hold of the main office and our # was removed or blocked or something and we've never had another call. It might be worth checking into that too if it keeps up. Maybe if the police call the company that's hassling her they will get their act together between the police and the attorney intervention? That's just crazy

I finally finished the Easter wall hanging I mentioned here a few weeks back. Took me long enough!! I can be so unfocused at times. Next up Quoddy Head Lighthouse wall hanging.

For today:
    1. Hit step count of 4200
    2. Sort through paperwork on my desk
    3. Do load of laundry from start to finish (by finish I mean put it all away!! I rock at washing, drying and folding. But then I completely drop the ball and it sits in the basket).

I second the ownership of a Fitbit as SD mentioned. I've had mine a couple of years and it has helped me so much in my weight loss goals. As she said sometimes I don't want to think about walking miles or something but thinking about walking a certain number of steps is so much more motivating to me. And I love to see them add up. I have been finding new ways to add steps in too besides just walking outside or on treadmill. Yesterday we left a store and rather than walk to the car we walked past that aisle down a few aisles then zig zagged our way back to the car walking up one aisle and down the next till we got back to the car. BOOM, 400 steps! We like to watch an episode or two of Frasier in the evenings. I'll watch it when it's on and when the commercials come on I'll hop up and walk around the house rather than sit in my chair and wait for it to come back on. It's really fun to see those ## add up!

Glad you're feeling a lot better Pine tree. My Mom dealt with vertigo for a period of time. I think she was on meclizine? It did help her a lot. it's tough balancing meds out.

JKuhns I use myfitnesspal as my food diary. It's free and there is also an app if you have a smart phone you want to put it on to track when you're out. I'm using it for weight loss though but I think you can set it up that you either want to gain, lose or maintain.

Rebbit I love our library. I stopped in yesterday. I could spend hours in there just lost in the stacks of books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like rain today but I don't think it will.

I want to get at least three more dock panels pressure washed today. It's harder than you might think to use the pressure washer for hours at a time, so I don't think I want to do all five at once. They're not getting perfectly clean, but it's sure making a big difference anyway.

Errands today, and a couple rummage sales. We're taking Mom so that'll slow us down. Should be interesting to see what we find.

I need to figure out what I did with the new AAR (Add A Room) for the camper. I'm hoping to get it modified tomorrow, at least making the two big giant darts that'll make the sides fit right. After those, the rest should be easy. I won't get it all done before we leave because I'll also have to make a new skirt for it and then install snaps and this and that on the camper, but if I can get the sewing done on the main part, that'll be the worst and make it easier to tackle the rest later on.

Today I also need to walk my 3,000 steps, of course. And track my food to the nth degree. The walking and not lying to myself anymore about my food is starting to make a difference. Good thing, too. Something better start working. But the tracking is why I'm so determined to get myself set up with everything I need to accurately track my food while I'm on vacation. You know how some people can just eat right and not think about it? That's not me. If I could, I wouldn't be fat in the first place. I can deal with money extremely well without giving it much thought, while others have to track every penny or they fly off the rails, but I just can't do that with food. We all have different strengths and skills and food is not mine. Maybe someday, but then again I know from experience if I get lax about tracking, I regain everything. I'm slowly wrapping my brain around the idea that tracking has to be a lifelong commitment for me.

I ordered Fitbits for Husby and for my diet buddy today. I think they'll both like them as much as I do.

Have a great Friday, everyone! I hope you all are feeling better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Who is that inspecting your work?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, I hope your new meds help you.

RABBIT, glad you got to go to the library! That's on my list for today.

SD, love the picture of the "snoopervisor"!

hikr, did you do the handwork that's in your avatar? Wow---very nice!

pinetree, you sound better!

For Friday:

1) Pay May's bills
    2) Go to library
    3) Go to Dollar Tree
    4) Mop
    5) Revise weekend's menus

Have a really great day, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's a woodpecker out on our deck banging on one of the rails. What a birdbrain! It's a steel rail! LOL!

That would be Sota. Yeah, he's a great snoopervisor. I didn't even realize he was in the pic till I looked at it on the computer.

I put them in the house before I started with the pressure washer, so they wouldn't get hurt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes,we have a pressure washer and pressure is the right word. I had Dh try it on the deck and it took some wood!
    Sota is much more qualified to be the boss than most dontchaknow!

Man am I a packrat! I just found a tub of gallon canning jars I didnt know I had. They are in the DW as we speak. In my defense if people would stop moving things! but also a case for clear tubs at this point. They should hold beans or pasta buy next week-I am so glad I didnt buy more.

Today I am immersed in swapping stray glasses out. I bought 2 new boxes about last week. Time to buy more when you only have 1 drinking glass left. I have to sort my irish soda mugs and A&W type mugs for DH and Christmas goblets. Leave it to me to make a simple project complicated. I am taking a dust bunny break to try and avoid the Zyrtec. Goal-no excuses glasses reset by 4 p.m.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So tired I'm not getting anything done.

It makes me feel stupid when I find things I didn't even know I had. It happens more often than I want to admit. I have some half gallon mason jars too. I have no idea where they came from. I do use them for canisters. I even have some vintage green glass ones.

I may not be getting my list done today, but I did get the grocery lists made and I've gotten a lot done on the vacation food organization.

I found out four mini Oreos fits in a Tupperware Smidgets container. Those hold two tablespoons, and I love them for portion control. Four mini Oreos are two points. Crazy! Nine of those little buggers are 140 stinkin' calories! So easy to gain weight eating that kind of stuff. They look so little and cute and innocent.

A half ounce of dry roasted peanuts fits in the Smidgets, too. Another 2 points. Half ounce of M&Ms is also 2 points. I haven't dug them out of the freezer yet to find out how few pieces make up a half ounce. I'm sure it's not much. A Snickers fun size bar is only two points. I'm finding lots of bad foods that will be doable in very small amounts. At home I avoid this kind of stuff, but I like it for car food. Still have to find out how many points are in one piece of that evil coconut candy we get at Dollar General. We used to only be able to buy it when we were on a trip because we couldn't find it anywhere else, but now we have a DG here in town. Better put that on the grocery list for today. I haven't dared buy any since DG opened a year and a half ago. Way too dangerous to have that stuff around the house.

Eight Wheat Thins are 2 points. With a half ounce of cheese (1.5 points) or an ounce of turkey pepperoni (2 pts.) that will make a nice snack with whole grains and protein. Triscuits are 3 points for six. My favorite.

I'm starting to feel like it might actually be possible to stay on track during vacation, for the most part anyway. If I can maintain my loss I'll be happy, but of course I'd like to lose some, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well the tub is empty and needs a rinse out
    All the glasses are re-shifted in the cupboard. Going to check if i have any strays in the basement. so I can store the ones I keep together and find something so wrap the departing in.

Sorting some cake mixes. Going to make Dh one to celebrate his new job at Fords.
    Soon as the DW stops steaming I need to get the other glasses out so I don't end up w/ strays back in the cupboard. I know how it goes around here.
    Plus Dh is on his way and the project in process makes him a bit crazy. Clutter is not his thing unless its his!
    After dinner I may brave the under the sink mess I have been skirting for a month now. Just hard on my knees on the tile we have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD that is one beautiful dog!! Thanks for the pictures!!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.