2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 52
Page 52 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OOps forgot to add the rest!

Good Afternoon to all !

You are all SO busy! Makes me feel like I am standing still... Wait I am!! lol

Feeling much better today,
    already cleaned up a mail mess,
    cleaned off the table,
    fixed my breakfast,
    folded a load of whites
    helped DH find cheraper medicines yippee!
    DH found a pedometer for me to try, the kids are buying the fitbits, I think Its too soon for me to have one, I can count my steps...lol

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope everyone is feeling good today!

Have a wonderful Friday!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were so shocked when we first saw Sota. We know from experience that when we ask a shelter person if a dog is a purebred Siberian husky and they say yes, it doesn't mean the dog will look even remotely like a Siberian husky. I had discussed Sota on the phone with the shelter person and explained the personality traits we were looking for and why, and some other things we were hoping to find, and he sounded so perfect we were prepared to love him if he was the ugliest dog on the planet. But we got there and couldn't believe how beautiful he is! And he's such a good boy, too. There's not much more we could have asked for in a doggy, especially one that would be good to and for Sugar, our thirteen year old Siberian. We're so lucky we found that big boy!

Some Fitbits will track your sleep, too, so you can see if you're sleeping well or what.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Sota is beautiful! Love to hear when people rescue their dogs.

3/3 today. I will not be posting for tomorrow as I am going to be volunteering at a dog adoption event all day. Now that we have had beastie for a year, it's time to give back to the rescue that saved her. Have a great weekend everyone!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks RABBIT, I hope they all find forever homes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I only managed 2/4 today. The mending basket is still full, and the washcloths are not done. I got sidetracked and went to Dollar Tree and Big Lots. Got a few bargains and a little exercise, so I'm not complaining.

SD, I don't have any way to track steps, but I am thinking about getting a fitbit. I'm just not sure I can afford it right now.

The weekend is looking pretty light as far as chores with hubby...he twisted his knee and wants to take it easy, so maybe I can get to the mending.

Have a fantastic weekend, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are pedometers that are less expensive, around $20 or maybe less. They're not as gee-whiz as the Fitbits, but I used mine a lot a few years ago when I was walking a lot, before the electronic trackers came out. Mine tracked miles and steps, but at that time I didn't like tracking steps because it seemed like miles made more sense and sounded like more. I've completely flip-flopped on that now though.

I didn't get much done today but did get in over 4,000 steps thanks to running errands. I think I had about 600 steps when I left home, that's how little I moved at home all day. I usually have to get up with Sugar between 1 AM and 3 AM, and often can't get back to sleep. The sleep deprivation accumulates and then all of a sudden I'm just so exhausted.

Husby was on my list again today. He's not having a good week. The deal around here is no car is ever to fall below 1/4 tank of gas in case we ever have to leave due to an emergency. A quarter tank would get us to the next town. And empty tank would mean we have to go into our own town, opposite of the way we'd need to go. Well, the truck is going into the body shop on Monday to have the paint that was done last fall redone because it's starting to rust again already. So he's been running the gas out of the truck because he's paranoid someone will siphon it out when the truck is sitting at the body shop overnight. As soon as I hit the key today the LOW FUEL light came on. I knew I wasn't going to run out of gas even though it was sitting on Empty, but we're well into wildfire season and if we had to evacuate, we would not have our best tow vehicle and wouldn't be able to take the trailer with the truck. Unacceptable. Needless to say it now has a quarter tank in it. I can't believe I didn't notice how low it was when I drove it Wednesday.

So my to-do list took a beating today. Oh, well.

Saturday:

1. Drive into town to pick up package at PO.
    2. Measure some stuff on the camper for the AAR.
    3. Move camper up by house for the summer.
    4. Flush water system and get it sanitized. Hate that job.
    5. Try to make myself alter roof of AAR so it'll fit the Aliner instead of the R-pod it was made for. I need Husby's help with that because of the huge mass of fabric involved. He can help move it as it moves under the presser foot. I'll have about 48 feet of sewing to do on that, for starters. Hope it goes well and I don't mess up a brand new $200 RV cabana. And I hope I don't talk myself out of doing it. It would be a relief to have it done, and besides, we'll need it if we do all the weekend trips we're talking about this year.
    6. Do much, MUCH better staying on my food plan. I tend to blow it on the weekends when we're busy and there's no time to prep the right foods or even eat them if they are available. This has to stop, NOW.
    7. Walk 3,000 steps.

If I can get all that done, it will have been a very, very good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, Im actually feeling quite good today, so I am going to do another attempt at a list. Please note that quite good is relative, I slept 6 hours this morning, so I am going to be more than beat by tonight. I am sorry for the vent earlier, but venting keeps me mentally healthy at times. I sadly spend quite a lot of time on my own, which tends to make me feel worse. And I know I should be happy to have a job, but if you have been depressed up to the point that you don't wanna go back whatever it takes, you get scared things be that bad again. Anyhow, another long week ahead next week and then I have 5 full days off. Woohoo!

To do list for today:
    1. Do the dishes.
    2. Do a quick inventory of the freezer so I know what I should be buying.
    3. Go grocery shopping.

I should do some cleaning, but I ll see about that after I have done this to see how my energy levels are then .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, feel free to vent whenever you need to. We're here to support each other! I know you're excited about having 5 days off--you need it.

SD, let us know how you do on that list. If anyone can do it all, it's you.

RABBIT, thank you for helping out the innocent creatures. I hope they all find homes as good as your beastie has.

Jen, sorry your hubby hurt his ankle, but good to hear you're doing better.

pinetree, don't overdo. But you sure sound better, and that makes us all happy.

For Saturday:

1) Keep checking websites for the latest on Will and Kate's new baby princess (I'm an Anglophile from waaaaaaay back---maybe because I'm part English??)
    2) Plan menus
    3) General reset of downstairs
    4) Put away clean laundry
    5) Watch the Kentucky Derby
    6) Bake something good

Have a super Saturday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I responded to your post earlier, Ayanka, but it got lost somewhere. Feel free to vent here. It helps to let it all out sometimes.

ILC, I laughed at your post, but not in a mean way. I laughed because Husby came in this morning and said, "Kate had a baby girl." I sat there for a while, thinking he'd explain, thinking Kate was a co-worker of his or something. The last person I would have thought of was Princess Kate. LOL. It just strikes me funny sometimes how different we all are in our interests. Happy royal watching! And Derby Day, too!

I bought a microwave cookbook today with a recipe for microwave (of course) muffins that are supposed to bake in about a minute. The batter is supposed to keep in the fridge for a month. I'm definitely going to try a half batch and see what happens. That sounds so great for camping! We'd be able to nuke a fresh muffin every morning instead of eating a cold PopTart with who knows what weird ingredients in it. I think I can make them in cupcake papers if I use two instead of one, and that would be great too. If that doesn't work, then I'll think of something else because I'm not washing dishes before we hit the road every day. Silicone muffin cups would work, if nothing else. I hope the recipe works out and we like them. This cookbook also has some microwave scrambled egg recipes, and I'm hoping those could be made in cupcake papers, too. I see some experimentation in my future.

So far all I've gotten done is pick up the package at the PO, which was the scale for my Prevent course, a tape measure since they're going to make me measure my rotund self, a booklet to track my food which I probably won't use since I track with WW Online, and some other paperwork. Very nice. The program starts tomorrow and I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations.

I've also walked 2,000 steps so should meet my goal easily.

As soon as we got home from town, I took the time to eat. CORRECTLY! And it's all properly tracked, too. Usually we're just moving from task to task on the weekends and grabbing whatever's handy to eat, which is usually the wrong thing. I'm determined to do better, especially since this morning I entered what my diet buddy calls VFT (Virgin Fat Territory) meaning weight that isn't the same four pounds we've gained and lost approximately 1,000 times. I'm a half pound away from going under a decade marker I've wanted to get under for at least three years, so I'm trying to be extra good. Now I have a new scale and my luck will be that it'll say I weigh two or three pounds more than my old scale. That would just stink!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, please dont feel bad venting, my gosh, I do it all the time anymore, it seems. Glad to her you get all those days off in a row!

Jen, So sorry about Your DH, glad to hear you are doing better, hope your new meds work!

SD, I am interested in your microwave breakfast, I eat alot of eggs anymore.

ilc, Thanks, I cant remember when I felt this good!! Also watching Kate, I am about 90% welch. Still have family in wales. Do you have a name you are leanng to? I can't wait to see what it is!!

I tried out a pedometer, one of the cheap ones, and it wont track my steps, so if you buy one make sure you are able to take it back if it doesnt work! What a waste of time and energy!

Todays list
    try the pedometer, done
    start a load of laundry
    make spinach casserole

Have a good weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, shoot. It's too bad the pedometer doesn't work for you, Pinetree. I had good luck with mine. Husby has been complaining about his. I guess it's like everything else, not for everyone.

All my ambition has escaped me. Sugar got me up as about 2:30 AM and I didn't get back to sleep till about 6 AM, then got up at 7. I think I need a nap. Never should have made the mistake of sitting down. I did get the steak wrapped in bacon and in the freezer though. I had sort of forgotten about that so it needed to be done right away. Husby has the hitch on the truck so we should be working on getting the trailer moved, but he doesn't have any energy either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh moved,cleaned gutter,is burning our old branch collection,he put down weed and feed and also the bug killer (not sure thats a good idea).Now he's washing down the deck so we can clean the patio stuff and put that on.

I went to the grocery and put it all away,made juice and not sure what else.
    Drifty day. Plan to grill chicken and steak for this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here are a couple recipes for eggs cooked in the micro. I haven't tried these so can't vouch for how well they do. If anyone else tries them, please let us know how it all turns out.

Scrambled Eggs in a Mug

1 T. butter or margarine (don't see why you couldn't use olive oil)
    1 or 2 large eggs
    1 T. milk or water
    Pepper to taste
    In 12-oz. micro-safe mug, microwave butter at high 45-60 seconds till melted. Add remaining ingredients. Stir or whip with fork. Microwave on high 35-60 seconds for one egg or 75-105 seconds for two or till eggs begin to set, stirring to break apart once during cooking. Remove eggs while still soft and moist. Let stand 1-2 minutes or until set. If desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese and crumbled cooked bacon during standing time.

Santa Fe Scrambled Eggs

4 large eggs
    1/4 t. dried parsley flakes
    1/4 t. dried oregano leaves
    1/8 t. black pepper
    1/4 c. chopped green pepper
    2 green onions, sliced
    1 small tomato, chopped
    1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    Beat eggs and herbs together in medium bowl. Stir in veggies. Microwave on high for 3 1/2 to 5 minutes or till eggs are soft set, stirring 2-3 times during cooking. Sprinkle with cheese, cover. Let stand 1-2 minutes till cheese melts.

These recipes are from a book published in 1986, so microwaves today might be more powerful and times or power might need to be adjusted a little. Also, IMO I think you could use silicone cookware to cook these and then wouldn't need any fats to keep them from sticking.

I also Googled for 'microwave egg recipes' and turned some up, in case you want to try that yourself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD Sota is absolutely stunning!! I just want to sink my hands into his fur! It looks so soft and thick. I just love dogs. And I love that he's "snoopervising". Also great job on finding out the points and what fits into the smaller containers that you have so you're prepared ahead of time. For me that's half the battle. If I'm not prepared it's way too easy to fall back into what's easy and fast (and not particularly healthy)

ILC Thank you!! And yes, that's one of the blocks in the block of the month quilt I'm making (eventually! I've had so many other projects I've gotten way behind on that one)

FW2 you reminded me that DH said we had some canning jars in the basement and he was asking if I wanted to get rid of them. I don't remember EVERY buying canning jars so I said no, let me check them out first. That was last night and I got distracted and forgot about the conversation till now. I know I've got jelly / jam jars down there but he said he's sure they are canning jars vs jelly jars and I am clueless. I've never canned!

Pinetree glad you're feeling better! Bummer though the pedometer didn't work

We had "pool school" this morning and sitting in the sun gave me a massive headache. I took an Excedrin migraine when we got home and crashed hard for three hours. I feel better now. Got some raking done outside and have been attempting to set up DHs new Fitbit. However, the setup connect says I'm not online? I can post on the board here and load other webpages so something is mucked up somewhere. I'm shutting the setup down for a bit. Either it or I need a break! I'm taking it easy the rest of the night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka venting is necessary and as others have said please feel free to vent! It really does help a lot to have an outlet when you're stressed.