2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 54
Page 54 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104154 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has your husband sailed into the Twin Ports (Duluth/Superior)? On a salty or a laker? Or was he more of an ocean sailor and didn't make the inland ports that often?

I looked up Moosehead Lake. That is big! Wiki says it's one of the largest freshwater lakes in the US. We only have three that are bigger, Upper and Lower Red, Mille Lacs, and Leech. They're not counting Superior and Lake of the Woods because they're not entirely in MN. Lake of the Woods is in the 'chimney' of Minnesota, up there where the surveyors got lost and ripped off Canada. We took a hike along the shore of Lake of the Woods a couple years ago and couldn't see the other side. It's HUGE. And here's something I just learned: Lake of the Woods County is the northernmost county in the US, because Alaska has no counties.

I know you like lighthouses, so here's a pic of one of the best-known icons in Minnesota, Split Rock Lighthouse on the north shore of Lake Superior. The palisade it sits on is 130 feet above the lake, but it sure seems a lot higher when you're up there looking down!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got all finished then
    dusted the hutch
    swept the kitchen floor, then pooped out and had to have DH pick up the dirt!! oops,,

Ilc, thanks for the info on the stevia, going to get some!

Jen, I am So glad you are doing so well, WTG on the bowling!!

Hkr, yep the kids have the big fancy one, I think my heart attack scared them into getting fit, they are having fun with it! Thanks for all the well wishes!! I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days when I had my son, course that was years ago...but then again if I had people to make me look beautiful, well I might look good too!

SD, Trying like crazy to get the salt out of things, there is a low salt baking powder but we cant find it around here yet, And Oh wow Lake of the Woods, when I use to go to Minnesota, the BIl's would go up there and catch those big walleye, We woud have huge fish fry's and then bring home frozen ones! They use to fly up to fish, they lived down by Albert Lea, and a friend owned a plane. I think its beautiful up there,I just cant breathe with all the humidity!

That light house is awesome!! Not something you see around here! lol

Night guys, off to fix dinner, then an early bedtime, I think...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like Amazon has lower sodium baking soda, at 35 mg sodium per 1/8 teaspoon. Hope you can find it someplace more convenient though.

It can get humid here, but usually it's not so bad up north. And it's always cool at night. Southern MN, where I grew up, had more hot humid days in the summer. Where I couldn't breathe was in North Carolina and Missouri! The humidity was so thick it was actually painful. But I guess it's all relative.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD he said he did sail into Twin Ports but he said he wasn't on either a salty or a laker. I have no idea what a salty or laker is though. LOL! All I remember is he was on an articulated tug / barge hauling cement. I'm actually impressed I remember that much. Haha. He only worked on the lakes for a few months. He began that job in the dead of winter and decided it was a little too cold for him. He'd always worked in the south so it was a real change for him going from Louisiana in the summer to the Great Lakes in the winter! I didn't realize Alaska had no counties. I learn something new every day.

That lighthouse is gorgeous!! Here's my favorite Maine lighthouse 2015 To-Do Challenge-image.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	35882

Pinetree I totally missed that you'd had a heart attack!! I knew you hadn't been well but I missed the reason why. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and am very glad you're doing better. Have you checked to see if any stores online carry the low salt baking powder? Maybe if you can get a hold of one online you can bring it to your store to see if they can order it.

Hopefully I'll post this and the lighthouse pic will show up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-thanks but daddy just needed a $1. toy today (and a craft beer,new used Seiko
    and 1/2 my fries. lol I opted out of new ebay crimper for $50. he wanted that retails for $200. Although I may sneak back and knock on his door. He seemed very nice. Maybe it could be a Father Day surprise

hikr00-don't hate me but i was like that. Fast end labor and easy prep labor. I walked around dialated to 3 for a few days,was at 8 when I went up,10 as they drove me literally across the hall. DD was 3 pushes because her head was tilted a slight bit. After the birth we called everyone is the after delivery room. I addresses all the announcements and mailed them w/in a few hours while I waited to get her. I had a sandwich. Poor C section woman looking like they were in a prize fight.
    Ds was a 2 hr. labor w/ about 5 pushes because he had a huge head and was bigger. The stupid rail on the bed was broken and would collapse. No lovely birthing rooms back then. I roomed him in.

She did look good but dont forget she has a makeup artist. and fashion designer.
    Not usually one to care about such things but I am curious about the name. And I have stamps from previous royal wedding so i think I may get some for this-just cuz'

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh I have a love of light houses. We want to tour them in retirement. We have a good deal in Mi. of course.
    That tears in though. I am pitching a tent at SD's for vacation.. Standard campground rate and we wont bother you.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok, forgot to post here yesterday, but I have been busy. For yesterday I did the laundry, the ironing, made a batch of pasta and did the dishes. So I am about set for this week. Yes I also should have cleaned the floors etc but whatever, I ll see if I can get parts of it done this week. To do list for today:
    1. Call the realtor.
    2. Call the notary.
    3. Put my clothes away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL FW2! No hate here I'm still not sure I'm all that put together NOW and the baby is going to be 27 this month! Some women rock at childbirth. I am not one of them. Although if you ask the doctor it was textbook. I did only push for a few minutes though. I think it was 4 good pushes? But I was so stinking tired afterwards. The early labor dragged on and on and on. 17 hours (which again, they say is quick for first labor but maybe I'm a whiner?) HAHA!

Ayanka You got a lot done! Nice job.

Today DH has a doc appt this morning so we'll have that. Then we have to run to Home Depot and pick up a trash can then back home to do some more painting in the new house so we can get that done and move in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A salty is an ocean-going ship. Since Duluth/Superior is in the middle of the continent, lots of stuff is shipped by rail or truck and picked up by ships to be take all over the world, or brought in by ship from all over the world and then delivered by truck or rail car. The latest salty I heard about coming into port was there to pick up American wheat to take back to Italy to make pasta. Lakers only sail on the Great Lakes. The L.A. Lakers basketball team is named for the Great Lakes lakers. They used to be a Minnesota team.

I like your barbershop pole lighthouse! Can't wait to see the wall hanging of it.

FW, we keep talking about doing the Lake Superior Circle Tour to see all the lighthouses. It's only about an 1,000 mile drive so a fairly short trip. Maybe in the fall. But we always say that and so far we haven't gone. Still, since we have to cancel South Dakota, a longer trip later this year may be in the cards. Yellowstone is on the table again, too. Hard to know at this time, and a lot depends on how much work we get done this summer.

I know this is weird, but Weight Watchers just lowered my daily points allowance and I'm so excited! I've finally lost enough that they think I need less food! Go, me! I'm down 5.5 pounds since 2/2, but 9.5 since 1/1, so I changed my WW graph to show that because it's been bugging me that the loss from the first of the year wasn't being reflected. So next week, if I behave, I may have a ten-pound loss and get the purple star. My weight hasn't been this low in five years. Now, between Prevent and WW, I should start losing faster and making better progress. Can't wait!

Today I have to walk a half hour. Later today, I'm going to buy a little kitchen timer that fits in my pocket. Then when I go for a walk I can set the timer for fifteen minutes and when it goes off, I'll know I'm halfway to thirty minutes and I can go home. I can use it to time my exercise on my HydroBike, too.

I think we're going to take a long weekend on the North Shore of Lake Superior instead of our SD trip. So I really need to get the AAR done for the camper in case the bugs are out. We'll go the week before the roofers come.

To-do:

1. Walk 4,000 steps including a half hour walk. Maybe I'll see the beaver.
    2. Prep salads.
    3. Look at AAR and awning and try to figure out how to modify the AAR.
    4. Pick up Husby after work, since the truck is in the shop for the next four days for about $3,000 worth of work and tires.
    5. Buy timer at dollar store. Maybe more than one. Hope they have what I want.

We might work on the dock today, too. We have to get the panels out of our yard because the roofer plans to have the shingles delivered this week and they need to go in the same space. Besides, we want our dock done so we can play with the bikes. We need to get the bikes out of the yard soon too, because the roofer wants to put his tool trailer there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd- we did take a trip to Iron mt. area and camped in a park and also stayed in a cabin along the shore. Doubt Dh could do that hike w/ his legs but I did enjoy it.
    We went in Aug. and happened to miss the massive mosquito thrive. Boo to the hoo on that one. That may be the only time I was on Lake Superior.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Usual Mon.-pantry cleaning, DW and 2 loads of laundry,vaccumn and sweep. Snore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did you see they named her!! We were all wrong!

Charlette Eiizabeth Diana, spelling probably wrong.

Not sure what I am doing today, but get ready to go down and spend the day at the hosptial doing my tests, have 3 to do and will take most of the day between them.

So will be back later,,

Have a wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute name, Pinetree! It's nice they included Diana, but didn't name her that as a first name. It honors Diana without placing expectations on the baby.

Fingers crossed the tests will give you good news.

Haven't done any list items, but I did get my quiche cups made so I'll have breakfasts again for the next six days. I boiled a dozen and a half eggs for this and that while I was at it. No doubt some of those will go into our salads later. Maybe I'll wait on the salads, since I made a fennel salad last night and still have leftovers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Let us hear about your tests, pinetree!

Just heard the baby name. I'm glad they put Elizabeth in there, and also Diana.

For Monday:

1) Sadie to vet for spaying DONE and she came through it fine, and we can pick her up tomorrow
    2) Our big monthly shopping trip at Walmart DONE
    3) Put away everything we got at Walmart DONE
    4) Later today: Dollar Tree, library, and best friend's house to water their garden while they're out of town
    5) Work on menus since DS called and said he'll be home this weekend

Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ah man ilc, saw where you were worried about one of your babies, then forgot to ask!! Thank goodness she is ok, I really hate taking them in for that!

Dont worry about the tests guys I dont think they are really needed right now but then again they are done and i can go on.
    1. bone density test
    2. ultra sound on my legs to see if there are blockages, am kinda worried about this one.
    3 pulmonary test, I wanted this one to see if I can get off this oxygen!!

I guess the name is ok, I think they are smart using all the names, that way they are covered, and it honors everyone.

Today is a lazy day, its raining and gray and icky looking outside, besides, I'm kinda tired, think I over did alittle yesterday, but It felt So good!

The family told me last night they are glad to see me feeling so good, now if my brain would follow, it would help..? Guess I am rambling and skip topics in the middle of things,, so if I ramble, just smile,,, and keep reading ,, maybe it will make sense later??!! lol I feel so good I think its from being so excited!!

Have a good one!
    Last edited by pinetree; 05-04-2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling, what else