2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 55
Page 55 of 271 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865105155 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I got it now..in that case he was a salty. But like I said he was only on the Great Lakes a short period of time. The rest has all been ocean going. I do love our striped lighthouse but I am cracking up that I somehow got it posted twice. Typically I can't get a picture to post and that time I got two. Go figure! Yay for the weight loss and the lowering of points! It is exciting when they drop you down like that (at first I typically panic when MFP drops my cals down but I readjust and it's nice to get going LOWER! Yippee and fingers crossed for getting that star.

Pinetree good luck with your testing. Keep us posted.

ILC You're moving right along

All we've accomplished is getting DH to the doc and back. Oh and he needs a new trash can but we're been to multiple stores and he can't find just what he wants (or he refuses to pay the price for what he wants) so it's looking like we'll have to canvass the state to find the perfect can. Good thing we don't need it immediately because this is turning into a huge deal. I reminded him "it's a trash can" but yet...it has to be just right. He cracks me up (and exasperates me at the same time).

We did hit the grocery store as we were low on some things and the sales had rolled over so we finished that and now home to have lunch then get some painting done.
    Enjoy the day! It's beautiful, sunny and 71 right now here in Maine!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I haven't noticed you rambling. Now my posts, yeah, there's some rambling!

Hikr, yea for painting! Where did you decide to start?

I still haven't gone for my walk. I just can't up any enthusiasm for it, but I have to pull on the big girl pants, stop whining, and do it anyway. My inner child is pitching a fit and getting her way today, the brat. Hey, it's time to eat! Not chocolate covered potato chips though. At least I'm in control of the dang food today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feel like I picked up something yesterday. I have been dizzy and nauseous.
    Just on and off though. I stayed home and did a little on "the project". I got a bit more to toss but nothing near when I started.
    Rented Paddington and need to watch it tonight. May give in and rest. I hate it when I am itching to work and i feelsick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate it when I feel fine and still can't get the energy to work. Hope you feel better soon.

I did just fix the dog door for the second time in three days. This time I used duct tape though, the handyMe's secret weapon. Hope it holds together.

I got my steps and my walk in, too. Had to laugh because the old lady was bouncy and sniffing everything and looking at stuff, while the Snail was barely moving on the last half of the walk. What a bum that boy is!

No more work being done on the beaver's leftover log. It's kinda big so maybe he has abandoned it now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. No laundry...I got really tired after the litter boxes. I got my pinking shears, and the action is so smooth, I'm going to love these.

Pinetree, I hope the tests go well.

FW2, feel better. It stinks when your body lets you down.

SD, please keep "rambling" I love reading your posts!

ILC, I'm glad Sadie is doing well. It's funny, even if we know it's a routine procedure, we still worry like crazy.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Clean out the dishwasher. The dishes were a little greasy last time and I got grossed out and rewashed them by hand.
    3. Organize some of this paper and get rid of some, too. Why does paper clutter always seem to get so out of control?

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As I said, I did get my steps and walk in. No beavers or otters to report. Lots of neighbors out enjoying sitting by the lake though. It was a gorgeous day.

No salads, since we had the fennel salad left over.

Nothing done with the AAR. I sort of want to finish the awning on the house first, because it would be easiest to just take a sewing machine out on the deck and work out there. The AAR has so much fabric it'll be a lot harder if I have to do it in the house.

Picked up Husby and completely forgot about looking for a timer.

Nothing done on the dock. It seems like Mondays are always hard for us because we're tired from the weekend work. Tomorrow, maybe. We want to get the HydroBikes ready to go. I keep saying that, but we have to get the dock ready first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

IDK Mondays are either epic or tragicly lame around here.
    I got the diced tomato shelf cleaned and organized,made a plan for another bottom shelf. It so must sound like gibberish but I am progressing to reclaim a lost area of my house. An important area.
    Going to watch paddington. I almost passed out from standing up too quick. I am down almost 25# and my sugar was 104 earlier in the day so ?? Almost wondering if i am of too much meds now. My BP on Thurs should tell something.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did yesterday's chores . Nothing planned for today though. For one or another reason I feel like crap, so just tidying up and going to work will be enough for today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

SD we are going to start the painting in the laundry room. It's a fairly small room and I think if we can get one successfully painted it will give DH that "push" to keep going and just get it done. I love your dog stories

FW I hope you feel better today. I can't wait till we move and I can get more organized like you. Right now we are living in a sea of boxes and piles of things to be packed etc and it's overwhelming. I have been getting rid of stuff as I've gone along packing but still---it's a lot. Good luck with your doc appt Thurs.

JKuhns glad you got the pinking shears. I love mine. I made a bunch of wreaths as gifts that required cutting tons of 3x3 squares with pinking shears. I wound up buying a pinking blade for a rotary cutter which made the job go quicker. But for regular projects I love my pinking shears. I have yet to solve the mystery of paper clutter.

Today I have a hair appt at 9:00 and the pool guys are coming at 11 to open the pool. After that it's painting time. I'd love to think we'd get the whole laundry room done today but we shall see. Tuesday nights are my craft nights with my friend but if we are still in the throes of painting I'm going to skip crafting and just keep going with the painting. I hate to miss crafting but we really need to get the house stuff done so we can move in.

Hope you all have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oh yes. I have played w/ pinking shears since I was allowed to use scissors. Poor Christmas cards-everyone turned into a tag w/ edges.

Feeling a bit better for now. Headed out to a small market. Going to pour.
    I stayed up until 4 a.m. so I will crash soon.
    Paddington was cute-ish. I would recommend it.
    Laundry I didn't get done yesterday needs doing today and of course more pantry. Did all the fruit,veg,pickles and tomatoes sauces. Managed to clog the vaccumn on a bit of stuffie stuffing under the couch so that another project today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dunno what's on the agenda for me.

I'm determined to clone some of the WW frozen entrees we've been buying. The main one is the salisbury steak with mac and cheese. I think I'll look at the FV cookbooks. So many good cooks here, past and present. I know Cricketlegs has a recipe for salisbury steak that people seem to like, so I'll start there. I have a mac and cheese recipe I like to pair with it, but it'll need some tweaking. I also really liked the WW Santa Fe rice and beans, and that one should be easy to figure out. I found a recipe last night I'm going to try sometime which looks very similar. Most of the WW stuff seems to be rice or pasta and I think they're cutting the points values by making smaller portions, easy enough to do. I don't like that they don't use wheat pasta and brown rice, and don't put much in for veggies, and the sodium is too high, but all that's easy to change. Since they don't use whole grains, some of their meals aren't very filling which means I'm hungry right away when I shouldn't be. So I'm confident I can improve on them.

The tree removal crew from the power company is running chain saws right next door. They've been busier than a whole herd of beavers lately. And they're LOUD. I'll be happy when they're gone. It makes me not want to go outside at all. But I'm LMAO at their trucks parked all over the driveway of the Alaskans' cabin next door. That would the same Alaskan who is convinced we have trailers parked on her property which we don't, but she refuses to believe it in the face of irrefutable evidence and won't even believe the surveyors she thought would back her up but who told me they think she's nuts, too. It would be so interesting if they came back right about now and found that crew there.

I don't have a good track record for getting my chores done lately, but here's today's list:
    1. Walk 30 minutes.
    2. Walk at least 4,000 steps.
    3. Toe-screw awning leg supports to deck so they can be permanently attached. If I'm really ambitious which doesn't seem likely, I'll crawl around under the deck and get them attached. After that it should be total cake to finish the awning, which would be really nice to have done so we can use it. We've already been wishing for it and it's not even hot out yet.
    4. Run dishwasher.
    5. Stay on my meal plan. All day, every minute. No cheating, no screw-ups, no excuses, no kidding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!

FW, careful with those drugs!! You might call and find out if it is too much. Glad you are feeling better

ilc, I am so glad sadie is coming home, give her lots of hugs and kissses!!

Jen, that is a wonderful price on those shears, they run $40 here!

Ayanka, rest when you need to, take care of you first.

H00, I changed your name!! I cant remember hikroo, please forgive me until I get my brain back! Oh, I really dont even like those words paint, anymore,, long story!! Hope you get it finished.

SD, try cricketlegs steaks, they are really good!! I even went out and bought her seasoning.

Niko, HI!!

well, I pulled a good one yesterday, I forgot to take my morning pills!! I remembered at 5:45pm, Dh called the office to see what I should take, aww man, messed up by blood pressure, my sugars are up, Its So important I take these, and I cant remember to!! I started my new statin to day, boy I m hoping it doesnt hurt my muscles like the other one did,,, think positive!!

Thanks for the good wishes for the tests,, will let you know, must get ready to get down there.

Have a beautiful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-appt. on Thurs. so I'll just discuss it then thanks though.

Heading to the bank. Got hit again earlier. dizzy,lightheaded and nauseous. So I napped a bit. Should pull out my BP machine I have never used-huh?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Hi guys!

Niko, HI!!

well, I pulled a good one yesterday, I forgot to take my morning pills!! I remembered at 5:45pm, Dh called the office to see what I should take, aww man, messed up by blood pressure, my sugars are up, Its So important I take these, and I cant remember to!! I started my new statin to day, boy I m hoping it doesnt hurt my muscles like the other one did,,, think positive!!

Thanks for the good wishes for the tests,, will let you know, must get ready to get down there.

Have a beautiful day!
    You pulled a me didn't you? I know you said you had the pill/day/counter thingy but do you still drink coffee? Or any sort of drink first thing in the morning? If you do lay your pill thingy right beside the coffee pot. I put the bottle inside my coffee cup at night which is also right by the pot.. Or... lets say MOST of the time I do. I admit there's times I forget to do that and THAT'S when I forget to take them. If they were "put up" such as in a cabinet .. forget it. Plain sight.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I did find the recipe Cricket uses. Now to make it WW-friendly. I was looking at the package for the WW version and see it uses TVP (textured vegetable protein) along with beef and pork, so I went looking for how to use TVP mixed with meat. No luck there, it's all vegan or vegetarian, but maybe I'm over-thinking it and just need to rehydrate it and mix it with the meat. I do plan to mix lean ground beef with 97% lean ground turkey, so maybe that'll work if the TVP doesn't. I might pick up some TVP Friday at the food co-op when we take Mom for her surgery in another town. I've never thought TVP sounded very appetizing, but from my fast and dirty research this AM and the ingredient list on the WW package, it's clear most of us eat a lot of it already without realizing it and apparently I haven't minded it so far. It's low in cholesterol and fat so it probably would be good to have some around to experiment with. I doubt we'll ever be vegetarians but we don't mind a good meatless meal now and then, and this stuff can be used to make burger-like patties. It's supposed to take seasonings well and pick up flavors from other foods, so it's sounding more like a blank canvas to me that I could do a lot of different things with. We recently tried edamame (soy beans) and liked those. I would assume TVP might have a similar flavor.

I take Simvastatin and haven't had any problems with it, but of course we're all different. My HBP meds make me lightheaded if I get too warm, like if I'm working outside on a hot day. Husby takes the same thing and it affects him the same way. My doc told me the two meds I take have a cumulative effect that builds up in my body, so it doesn't hurt to miss a dose once in a while, but I'm sure that's not true of every drug. But it makes me feel better when I do miss one.

If you're looking for salt-free seasonings, search online for recipes. There's a ton out there and it's so much cheaper to DIY them, plus then you can adjust them as you like. I sometimes use the regular seasoning recipes too, and either leave the salt out completely or use much, much less.

Speaking of seasonings, I got myself a really nice Olde Thompson pepper mill for $1 at GW yesterday to replace the one I used all the time that just broke. I had never heard of that brand but I looked it up online and it sells for $17, so I guess I did okay.