2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 56
Page 56 of 271 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I ll take my rest thank you I don't know what kind of phone you have and how handy you are with it, but if I get particularly bad with my shifts (as in waking up trying to remember what day it is, what shift I have to work that day), I put everything I shouldn't forget in my phone. Because you take your medication every day at approx the same time, it wouldn't be that much hassle to do. Just a suggestion though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing done today. Too much pain. I think the weather might have something to do with it. As much as they say Fibro is not arthritis, it sure acts like it is sometimes. So tomorrows list is the same as today. I took a pain pill, so I'm not terribly coherent. I'll be back tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WHHo hooo,, yippeee Back from the hospital, 61/2 hours,, the lady doing my ultra sound on my legs told me not to lose any sleep so I am praying I have no blockages!! Doing the happy dance in th4e rain!! Off to fix some dinner will catch up in the morning!

Have a wonderful, relaxing evening!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gosh I had a lot of reading to do to catch up! Now that the weather is nice I don't have the time to get on here as often as I'd like but I will when I can. Adoption event was fun and I plan on volunteering every other Saturday. Did too much last weekend though between walking/running dogs and digging up dead grass spots in the yard and reseeding. My back is paying for it so I'll have to see how far I get today with my list.

Wednesday
    1 - dailies (vacuum/vacuum furniture, clean master bath, master bedroom, wash all floors)
    2 - make cranberry chicken, cut up Spam for dog training treats, make turkey meatballs
    3 - de-clutter kitchen counter
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The usual, for starters. Meaning walk 4,000 steps including a one-mile walk, watch my food, drink my water, blah, blah, blahbiddyblah.

Also:

1. Make dog food. You know that's going to get done so they don't turn on me.
    2. Measure HydroBikes and start getting to the nitty gritty in designing the trailer.
    3. Figure out menu for Friday's trip.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This rain is getting aliitle old, now they are saying it won't move out until Monday. The rivers are running full and the mountains are getting snow, but after the last flood everyone is kinda jumpy. We cant plant or work in the garden, its mud...

ilc, is sadie safe at home? Sure could use some of your sunshine!

Jen, Feel better soon, does your new medicine help?

FW, feeling better? You should try your blood pressure cuff, they really are easy to use, except putting them on! Hope you are better.

SD, Thanks, you have to watch the salt free, we have found they are full of calories! I never have used salt at all, my Mom never used it so I never did. Great job on the peppermill

Ayanka, Thanks for the idea about the phone, but my phone hangs on the wall with a 20 ft cord on it,, I never have had a cell phone.

Niko, oh hahahaha, Yes I still drink my coffee, in the morning I grab my coffee, my stuff to check my blood sugar, my pills and my orange ( dont ask why but I must have an orange first thing in the morning I check my blood, drink some coffee, eat so I can take my pills which are sitting here right in front of me...lol if they were a snake i would have been bitten a million times! And I forget to take them!! If I put them in my cup I would pour my coffee over them!!!lol

RABBIT, congrats on your 21/2 pounds!

I think I got everyone, sorry if I missed someone!

My ultra sound tests were something else, I had 5 blood pressure cuffs on each leg and one on each arm, they did one at a time, the ankle one felt good, but the highest one up really hurt, on both legs, they overfill them too. but hoping they all came out ok

The pulomary one I refused to take the albertol inhaler to see if I could breathe in more air, yea, probably, but thats not why I was in there. He said It didnt matter anyway.

I thought I was done then got a letter in the mail to go down for a retina test,, geez,, they can just wait for awhile

Between all the tests and Dr. appt, seems like I am always running somewhere, its probably just me... venting!!!

Thank you all for all the well wishes on these tests!!

Have a fantastic day!

shoot I forgot my list!!
    empty dishwasher
    fold clothes in dryer
    clean inside of mirowave
    Last edited by pinetree; 05-06-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, Ayanka, fw, and Jen---hope all of you are feeling better soon!

SD, you amaze me with all the interesting plans you have.

hikr, how's the painting coming along? I've found I sometimes have to start a project like painting before DH will admit that I actually do have a good idea, then he'll help. Our first house had a huge (20 x 25) den with the ugliest fake-wood paneling ever created. Friends, we are talking mega-ugly. And it was a strange shade of gray. For years I talked about painting it. DH said that paneling couldn't be painted. Finally I got disgusted with it and bought some Kilz and started priming it. After I completed one wall DH picked up a brush and started helping. We painted it twice with Kilz and twice with a lovely yellow and it was gorgeous. DH then decided to paint the fireplace brick, replace the mantel, get new carpet----he was so proud of that room.

pinetree, I'm so glad you're able to do some things. I just wish I could send you some sunshine! Thunderstorms are predicted here for next Tuesday then back to sun.

Wasn't able to do much yesterday once we brought Sadie home from the vet because she was restless and wouldn't sleep. DH was in the garage doing the prep for the new door so I stayed in with Sadie and tried to keep her comforted. Once she got her pain meds she was able to rest and she slept very well last night. Her surgical site looks great but we still aren't letting her and Jaxx play together for another couple of days. They miss each other so much.

For Wednesday:

1) Water garden at best friend's house (DH may have to go without me, depending on how puppy is doing)
    2) General reset downstairs
    3) Bake banana nut muffins and brownies for the freezer
    4) Do some figuring on the household budget
    5) Get grocery lists and coupons together
    6) One load of laundry
    7) Take care of Sadie

I think that's it. Have a good Wednesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sure not getting anything done again today. It's overcast here and that always makes me feel tired. I did get my walk in before the little bit of rain came. It's so dry here it didn't help any. Wish some of your rain could come north, Pinetree.

I didn't even get the dog food made. Just couldn't face it, so they were stuck with eating all kibble today. The look Sugar gave me and the frown on her face made me feel guilty. "Where's the good stuff, Mom?" Poor girl, so neglected.

Hope your doggy recovers quickly, ILC. We always stick close to ours till we know they'll be okay, too.

I have been working on the menu for Friday though, and spending a lot of time on the Prevent, WW, and Fitbit websites looking at info. I'm learning a lot from all of them, so it's worth the time.

Since I might melt, I'm not going out in the sprinkles to measure the HydroBikes today either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well Im feeling a little better today and went to the store, took an extra nap and worked an 8 hour shift. That is about it. I wasn't really capable to do much more and I still didn't eat normally. But I ate more than yesterday so that is good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sometimes a person just needs a break.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's not just the Fibromyalgia. I'm having some other symptoms, too, so I guess it's time to go to the doctor. I did get my dailies done today, so at least I'm not behind....I'm just not getting ahead.

I'm hoping I can get something done tomorrow, so I'm making a list.

Tomorrow:

1. Pay some bills online.
    2. Draw up some plans for a cat tree. Hubby asked if I had any ideas for using some of the wood scraps he has laying around.
    3. Work out a pattern for a sundress. I need a few new ones, and I have a lot of nice fabric.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Drove Dmom to a double Dr. appt. Her numbers for her pacemaker were great. The kidney function is not the best but so much better. It was 2.8 at the worst and now 1.7. Goal is 1. The pacemaker seems to be helping.
    Also took her to Target and she got a microwave but still needs a new table to put it on. We ate at Subway but it was super dry. I am exhausted. I was feeling fine but them got lightheaded again when i got out of the car and walked to her door.
    Tomorrow is the DR.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all!

SD let me know how you do with the TVP. I bought some once years ago to try and while I don't remember what I was going to make I remember being thoroughly grossed out by the stuff when I opened the package and dumped it into the pan. It was just a big white block that jiggled. LOL! I couldn't do it. I tossed it. I've debated buying the crumbles they have and seeing if I can sub them for hamburger and see if DH notices. If he knows I'm doing that it will be a gag fest for him but if he doesn't know he'll eat it no problem. Then if he says something tasted off then I'll say OK and that will be the last time.

I tried for a long time to get him to try a lower fat milk besides whole. Nope, that was awful and he wasn't having any of it. He comes from a long line of people with high cholesterol and his was borderline at the time. Finally I just went without him to the store and bought the 1%. Poured him a glass at dinner and never said a word. He drank it no problem. Later on that night I asked how was his dinner and his milk etc. Oh fine honey. BOOM! I dropped the bomb it was 1%. He clutched his throat for a second but moved on and we've had 1% since then. He never fails to make me laugh. I did try the Morningstar and Boca burgers and they were a no go.

Pinetree no worries on mixing up my name! I do what Ayanka mentioned with DHs meds. He has a seizure disorder so it's vital the meds get taken every 12 hours. I have recurring alarms set on my phone that go off on the time in the morning and night so we know. I also keep a dose in my purse in case we have gone out and things take longer than we think and we're late getting back home. That way we've always got some with us.

I'm glad the testing is done although doesn't sound like it was a lot of fun When do you think you'll get the results?

JKuhns I hope you're feeling better. A dear friend of mine has fibro and she has some really good days but the bad days are really, really bad and she struggles a lot with them. I hope the weather breaks and your pain subsides.

ILC the painting hasn't come along at all. There's a long back story but in a nutshell he's got a seizure disorder and therefore some neurological deficits and he gets easily overwhelmed and very down on himself because he can't do what he used to be able to do. Therefore I try to minimize my frustration with his delays because it just makes him feel even worse about his issues and those aren't his fault. We got a couple of estimates to have someone else do the job but the prices were quite high. Although my hope is we will start this stinking project and he'll realize just how big of a project it is and he'll agree to pull the trigger on hiring one of the companies. It's a lot of money but I think it's worth it. But again, if I pull the trigger on it it reinforces to him in his mind that I don't believe he can handle it and therefore he thinks he's just useless to me. This is in his mind, not what I really think. So he needs to be the one to pull the trigger on hiring someone. Traumatic brain injuries are just awful. I would do it myself but I stink at painting ( I attempted to help him paint this house in 1991 and I accidentally painted over a window. That went over really big with DH and I was banned from painting. He was right, I shouldn't have been anywhere near the paint brush!). If he wouldn't feel so defeated by letting me do it I'd give it a shot but again, it reinforces in his mind as one more thing I don't trust him to do. He has a very fragile ego after all of this stuff with the seizures and all the things that he now can't do that used to be easy for him. Blah...but thank you for asking!

Ayanka glad you're feeling better and Niko I hope you feel better too!

FW2 I'm glad your Mom's appt went well and that the pacemaker seems to be helping. That's good news!

Today I need to do:
    Vacuum and do some dusting. That needs to be top of the list.
    Pay bills but I did that already this morning so one thing off the list!
    Walk my 4200 steps. I seem to be hitting that easier than I was so I'm debating bumping it up to maybe 4500? Not sure yet...I don't want to set myself up to fail but yet I do want to challenge myself and now that the weather is better I can get out and walk more.
    Keep up my water intake and stay on track with my eating.

Hope you all have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, great news about your mom. Are you taking water with you wherever you go and sipping on it? It's scary feeling lightheaded and wondering if it's leading to fainting. Ever since my fainting episode last month I'm very cautious, especially when driving. Not fun, but necessary.

Let us know how your appointment goes.

Jen, call the doctor!

hikr, I taught a few kids with TBI and emotional lability is definitely part of it. Your DH is lucky you are so understanding.

Ayanka, hope you continue to feel better.

SD, I get down and listless with too much rain. April was an incredibly rainy month here---rainiest since 1979---and it was a struggle some days for me to get up and going. Of course, right now we're in a dry spell and we're all wishing for rain.

pinetree, been thinking of you today!

For Thursday:

1) Leave DH puppy-sitting Sadie and do errands: pick up prescription, go to Dollar Tree, get raffle tickets from local cat rescue group, go to library DONE
    2) Change sofa slipcover
    3) Do laundry (from yesterday's list)
    4) Clean out fridge
    5) General reset of downstairs

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm So excited,, I just can't hide it!!

Ok I will quit singing, but still doing the Happy dance..

Drs. called with 2 test results

!)my leg tests, Both legs came out with No blockages and normal blood flow!!! Yippeee!!

2) bone density, I have osteoperous (sp) she said I am probably low on Vit D and need to take a supplement, which I have been on fo r5 months? Will talk to the dr next tues.

I was So afraid of my legs tests, I am really giving Thanks they came out ok..

Now I want to Thank you all for the suggestions on taking my pills,,

now to make me feel even More Stupid, Get this,,, I forgot to take them yesterday morning, 2 days in a row! I remembered at 7:00pm wed night!! Can you believe that?? Now I am really messed up.....DIL is going to start calling at noon to see if I have taken them, and boy do I feel stupid!!

Jen, I agree with ilc, call the Dr and find out whats wrong, hope you feel better.

FW, Let us know about you appt. tomorrow, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.. Hope you are doing better.

Ayanka, so glad you are feeling better, sneak in some naps! Hows your house buying coming along?

SW, tvp?? You have to fill me in, where do you buy it? Also what is quinoa? Think I spelled it right, I am trying to expand here but not doing a very good job...
    lol, you won't melt!!

Hik, opps changed your name again! Have you tried using a paint pad? I cant use a roller, it easier for me with a pad and and a small brush, I dont use alot of tape , but do have a soapy rag with me incase I paint where I wasn't suppose to.

That has got to be frustrating for your DH, too bad they can fix things these days, I keep saying they can send a man to the moon, but they can't fix this?

RABBIT, missing ya!

Niko, HI!! You Must say something here and there or I worry! lol, hugs

ilc, Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, I thought about you yesterday when they had me all hooked up with those wires and hose's
    Been watching the weather in ok, texas, kansas, boy I hope that doesnt head your way, the water totals from that storm yesterday are unreal.
    Really happy Sadie is feeling better, I feel So sorry for them while they are healing.. poor baby! How did your family get to gether go? Wasn't that last week?

Today
    celebrate, I might eat a cookie
    run dishwasher, then empty
    work on a job when DH gets home from DR.
    I'm off to sing in the rain, I dont melt, lol

Have a wonderful thursday!
    Last edited by pinetree; 05-07-2015 at 02:30 PM.