2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 58
Page 58 of 271 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108158 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to S.A.
    got 2 summer tops LN for $12/2.
    Found a small square boot rubber tray for the dogs water bowl.
    Got 2 cookbooks
    a flea comb for the cats NIP
    a new inside crock for my oval crock pot-hopefully it fits
    Spent $23. well worth it.
    Looking for a sugar bomb or dispenser like in a diner. I need it for DD's coffee station in the appliance area.
    Should go to Kroger for the $1.99 milk sale before the afternoon rain hits.

Waiting for the DW to cool
    Going to flip a load
    Cleaning the patio furniture will wait for Sat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok guys, I think I will take the next 2 days off. I'm OK, feeling great!!

Sat is my 35 wedding ann. The kids are smoking me a huge pork shoulder, oh yumm!!! Plus its my Grandma's Birthday, (Happy Birthday! she passed in 1962)

Sun, mothers day I get smoked hambugers, the kids are on vacation all this next week, I want to spend alot of time with them, they are both afraid to leave me alone, and of course I love having them around!

So if you think of me this weekend, you can picture me stuffing my mouth with pulled pork and bbq sauce,,,lol

I hope you all have a wonderful day with your famlies, give them all hugs, and heres a hug for all of you, my friends, Happy Mothers Day Ladies!!
    Thank you for all the support, love, hugs and letting me vent and throw my tantrums!! I dont know what I would have done with out some of your encouraging words.

Love you all,
    Pinetree
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

have a good Mothers Day. I hope Ds can get away to call me but 2 jobs is tough.
    Nothing planned. Dmom is going to Dbro's. for lunch out.
    Dont' eat too much pork.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doc says I have a virus. It will resolve itself eventually, and in the meantime, I'm to take it easy. So no lists for a few days. I'll be around, but I usually don't have a lot to say, so....

Pinetree, Happy Anniversary! Enjoy yourself.

ILC, my hubby is just the same, gotta love them, though. Hopefully Sadie will make a quick recovery.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mothers Day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're back. It's been a long day.

We delivered Mom to the hospital at 6:15 and they said it would be at least 10 before she was done. So we went to run our errands. We got back and 9:30 and she was ready to go and had been waiting a half hour. We got home and stayed with her till about six tonight. She's feeling fine and is relieved nothing bad has been discovered. She'll have to wait till the follow-up on the 20th to get the final word, but no one seems to think there will be any bad news. So we're all feeling pretty good.

I have to say having her transport chair sure made things easy. No more running to the building while she sits waiting in a cold car, no more pushing a big clunky wheelchair around crowded hallways. It folds up nice and small and it's so easy to lift in and out and fold up. We found it for her at a garage sale last year and she's been using the heck out of it ever since.

My food plans got blown up AGAIN! I packed and planned so carefully and then when Mom was done with her surgery, she announced she was hungry and wanted to go to a diner! Argh! So off we went. There was absolutely nothing on that menu that made sense for me to eat, so I ate half portions and drank lots of water. Supper wasn't a lot better. But I walked over 8,200 steps so that should help offset the disaster. Overall, I don't think it was too bad, considering.

Normally on days like this, my feet and legs feel like they're on fire and my back hurts so bad I can hardly get off the couch. But today I don't feel too bad at all. I guess the walking I've done for the past five weeks is starting to pay off, along with losing almost ten pounds. How great will I feel when I've lost thirty, fifty, and more? Can't wait!

We bought Mom roses and she cried because she hasn't had anyone buy her roses since my step-dad died in 1984. I didn't realize that. They're pink roses and when we got home, I put them in an antique carnival glass pitcher because she didn't have a big enough vase. With the pink in the iridescent pitcher, they are just gorgeous.

We splurged on a $20 articulating ratcheting wrench to use exclusively on our dock when we have to take it apart and put it together every fall and spring. Hope it works. We have spare ratchets and sockets we were hoping would work, but there's no room for the socket where it needs to go. We had the wrong tools when we were working with it when we moved it, and at times it was a battle. I'm going to put together a pail of tools that will be used only for the dock, so all we have to do is grab the pail when we need to deal with it, instead of having to run or drive up and down the driveway numerous times when we forget something. We should have everything else we need. I'm also going to take the cheapo box end wrench we got at a sale somewhere that we'll use on the burrs and on the bolts for the legs, that has the name STEVE etched on it, and put it on a leash. We'll have to drill a small hole in it, put a piece of clothesline through the hole and tie a knot so it can't slip back out, and then put a loop at the other end. Then we can put the loop over the leg of the dock we're working with, and then when we drop Steve into the lake, we'll be able to fish him out without any trouble. Once you've dropped a few tools into an ice cold lake and had to go in after them, you start to think about these things.

We didn't run into traffic on the drive home. It was around noon so a bit early. The only place we had any problems was when we were coming into Tower. We could see for quite a distance flashing lights in town there and finally got close enough to see the main street was blocked off by an ambulance, police squad, and a fire truck. The governor's fishing opener is in Tower tomorrow so I guess they felt the need to block a state highway for some reason or other. So we had to detour. Other than that, traffic was surprisingly light, which was also a relief.

Got a few good bargains at GW today, two large plastic storage containers for dry dog food, and my favorite, two identical six-hole muffin pans. I got rid of the twelve-hole one a while back and have been looking for the smaller ones for a while now. I wanted two the same so they would stack and was wondering if I'd ever find them. But today I did! Not only are they identical, they're vintage Mirro aluminum, the thicker, sturdy kind. Very nice. I love vintage Mirro and have quite a bit of it. The pans were only $1 each.

Also went to a church sale here in town when I was supposed to be at the grocery store. What can I say? The church and the store are on the same street, so close together that a lot of people,including us, park in the church lot when the church isn't using it, to go to the grocery store. Of course I had to go. The two places are kitty-corner across the intersection from each other. I've been looking for a long time now for those thin flexible plastic cutting mats in a large size. I have one I use all the time and it's starting to wear out. I found four of them at the sale for .50 each, not new but lightly used. They'll last me for years and years. I was very happy to get them. Also bought a 1,000 piece puzzle with milkweed and two goldfinches for .50. I got a big box of NIB LED bulbs for $1. There must be two dozen bulbs in there. I'm hoping they'll fit the track lights that will go in our living room, but I haven't checked yet. The savings on that box of bulbs is huge and I'm not opposed to retrofitting some of our light fixtures, if possible, to fit the bases on the bulbs. IMO it would be worth it. Got a vintage Mirro instruction booklet to go with one of my vintage Mirro pressure cookers for .50. Got a WW cookbook from the free table, also a fancy gold ruler that Husby claimed right away, and a small cloth binder I haven't decided what to do with yet, but probably something to do with camping. The find of the day was the four cutting mats though.

It's going to be a cool weekend here, too. I saw on a thermometer on the way home today that it was 37 at noon. It looks like rain here but we need it. Pinetree, I'm so sorry your area is getting so much bad weather.

All in all it was a great day. We're feeling pretty lucky about Mom's outcome.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-sounds like a full day. Glad your Dmom did well.
    I have those muffin tins and the same round cake pans they made w/ the (hmm) level that goes in a circle under the cake to get it out.
    Just love vintage. I just found more of that in the cupboards of the pantry. Not digging through it for a bit yet I have enough clutter/cleaning mess going.
    back to bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - Hope your mother has a good recovery after the surgery. Sounds like you had a busy, but good day.

My head feels like it is full of cotton, my cold has gotten worse. DD2 has the same cold, with a fever. DD1 is, as usual, full of energy. Before I got out of bed, she had been to buy bread, made french toast, cut her own hair (it looks horrible, but it is her hair), and generally made a mess. I don't have the energy to argue with her about tidying the house, so I sent her to the library. Moving within biking distance to the library is the best idea we ever had. Also, she did make a nice breakfast for us all, so it really is fair that I should clean the dishes.

-Do two loads of laundry
    -Tidy kitchen
    -Fold wool clothes in living room
    -Tidy living room
    -Tidy hall

Some time during the weekend I need to do some stuff for work:
    -Wrap up document A
    -Rewrite document B
    -Prepare study tour
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm up two pounds after the last two days' shenanigans. I expect that to turn around fairly quickly though.

Husby counted the light bulbs in the box I bought yesterday and there are 42. There are a few halogen bulbs in blister packs but most of it is LEDs in individual boxes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, have a wonderful 35th anniversary AND Mother's Day! I'm so glad you're feeling great for both these big days!! And bless your kids for spending so much time with you. You raised 'em right.

Did you get snow? We are supposed to be in the low 90s the next several days. Last night it was 80 upstairs so we turned on the AC. I've managed to keep it off except for a few hours last month but I guess those days are over for the next few months.

SD, glad your mom is all right. You always find the best things at thrift stores, etc. Ours around here aren't that great.

Jen, gaja, and fw, hope you can all take it easy and get well soon.

For Saturday:

1) Grocery store DONE
    2) Make cheesecakes
    3) Scrub tubs (didn't do that yesterday)
    4) Cook soup and cornbread for DS
    5) Enjoy my family

Have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow, those of you who have children.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We hit the garage sales this morning and didn't get much. I bought a T-ware Square Round, vintage, for 50 cents, a three-piece set of canvas bags for .50, like new, and a Pet Net, NIP, for $1 to keep the dogs out of the front of the van. I've been going to make something and now maybe I won't have to. At the least, I got a nice big piece of netting to make something from, so even if it isn't right for the van, it's still worth a dollar.

It's 46 degrees out there today. We're not starting up the furnace again is we can avoid it, but I did start the fireplace in the LR. There are a few boats out on the lake for the opener but it has to be darn cold and miserable.

There was about a six foot section of the tree the beaver took down left down by our dock, and it's gone now. There are a couple piles of wood shavings so he much have come back for it. I don't know how they move that heavy stuff. Wonder if he'll come back for the last piece, which is about three feet long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bought a plain wok at S.A. Went to get a sugar container that pours. They wanted all this money for used stuff I can get for a dollar at the dollar store new.
    Seems like they don't even try anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just finished my second Prevent lesson. I knew most of the stuff but it's good to have a refresher. I had gained two pounds following two disastrous days of food chaos, but dumped that overnight. In the chaos, I tried to eat mindfully even when I wasn't tracking and to be very careful about portions even when I didn't have good choices available or didn't make good choices when I could have, and apparently it worked because I dumped the two pounds overnight, so had a one pound loss this week. Hopefully I'll do better this coming week.

The roofer just left. Sounds like the shingles and trailer are coming tomorrow, but the forecast is for rain and snow this week, so who knows when they'll come to do the work. Can't wait to get this all done and find out if there's any damage under the old shingles and if so, what that'll cost to fix. Can't wait for this all to be done, get the screen porch dried in once and for all, and then be able to repair the water damage to the screen porch ceiling and finally get that project finished off.

Husby finally got his new Fitbit to synch. He's really going to love it. I got him the burgundy one and the display is in pink. I think I'm jealous! He's tracking his food now, sort of. He said he's estimating portions. I laughed and said estimating in that case means lying. I taught him how to make chocolate covered peanuts so we'll see how far his estimating gets him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Double post.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm feeling much better tonight. I'm sure it was a virus, I have enough green goo to prove it, but I also think this was a case of exhaustion. I worry too much about the houses, money, the kids, doing a good job, etc. I think I've slept 18 hours a day this weekend, and now I'm feeling substantially better.

DD1 did a decent job of her chores this weekend, while DD2 and I were resting, so thanks to her a lot of the list above has been done. Now I just have to finish my job related tasks, and then I'll hit the madrass again.

Next week is a three day job week, with thursday being a national holiday, and friday not being a school day. So the plans for monday and tuesday are simple: get work done, eat from fridge and freezer. There are two paydays, but we don't plan to buy anything. Wednesday after job we'll start driving north to help finish getting the house ready for sale.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good evening all! Been catching up on various threads. Got off yesterday at noon and haven't done a dang thing except fix a little bit of food. Yep... it's piling up again. Just so tired. Stress level is stretched to break point. Mind doesn't want to shut off which stretches it further and no... nothing takes my mind off. It just goes back.

So... between MAYBE starting this evening and have the day tomorrow what I HOPE to get done...

dishes out... dishes in. May not be a big enough load to actually start the dishwasher. Won't run unless it's full and it's not looking that way.

At least one load laundry and if I can scrounge enough then a second load. Won't run washer unless full either.

Put whatever is washed away.

Put the debits from last couple days in the checkbook

Been out of BP meds for 4 days. NEED to go to Walmart. Hate going. Not so much the store as the walking. Especially the parking lot. Gets harder and harder. Not happening tonight. Tomorrow

Have other stuff to do but this is my list.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4