2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 59
Page 59 of 271 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109159 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear you're so stressed, Niko. Hang in there.

Pinetree, you asked about quinoa and TVP. I was going to buy TVP but ran out of time Friday and had to get back to the hospital, so didn't get a chance to stop at the whole foods place. We'll be back there in a couple weeks though so will try to remember then to look into it some more. I lost interest in the quinoa when I saw the price. It's a whole grain, and there are lots of cheaper whole grains. I haven't read any info on it that convinces me it's special enough to be worth the extra cost, so I'd rather buy stuff like wild rice, especially since buying wild rice allows us to buy locally and support our own region.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko-how about a drive up pharmacy. I do Kroger in part for that reason. Please don't play w/ your BP meds. I get sick and a grand smacking headache if I miss not to mention the tension.

Had pizza for dinner and got flowers and then rented a movie to watch. DD had to work tonight so her Boyfriend took her in-another gift.
    Went to do a shelf in the pantry and went-nope.
    Did 2 loads of laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok Im back in the game, but starting slowly. Starting today I have 5 days off, but last week I felt inbetween bad and like shit so the place shows it. My to do list for today is cleaning up. If I just manage to end the day with a clean living room I am going to be happy. I also have to go to the appointment with the elektricity guy this evening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, please go get your meds! BP is nothing to play around with.

gaja, glad you're feeling better.

Ayanka, don't fill up all your time with catching up on things, enjoy doing nothing some of the time. That always rejuvenates me.

fw, sounds like a good M. Day!

SD, I've only looked at Aldi for quinoa and it was some kind of a mix. Do you know if it comes in just quinoa with nothing added? I would love to try it but l would rather it not be mixed with other stuff unless that's just how it is.

pinetree, hope your weekend was fantastic!!!

Jen, hope you're doing all right.

Hope everyone is coping with the crazy weather! Snow out West, here in Georgia it's feeling like August, tornadoes in Texas....

For Monday:

1) Move some stuff from my closet to the "sell" pile in living room
    2) Organize my father's roll-top desk
    3) Check with best friend and see if they can use some of the 19 lb. ham I cooked yesterday
    4) Clean litter boxes
    5) Clean up my desk

Have a marvelous Monday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've seen quinoa just by itself, and also the mixes. Walmart had it, but I can't recall which section. I think it was with the rice. Both of our small local groceries have it too, so if they do it should be available everywhere. In one store here it was with the other "health foods" in a small section they have set up for that stuff, and in the other it's sort of at the end of the section with all the different flours, I think.

My mom is going to look at a small duplex in a retirement complex today. I hope she likes it. The apartment building she's in right now has become a haven for criminals. We finally got it out of her yesterday, in a roundabout way, that she's afraid to be outside her apartment much because of the creepy people around. The police calls are becoming more frequent there. Someone stole her cane on Friday. What kind of lowlife loser steals a cane from a little old lady? The manager got it back for her but still. We drove her by the new place yesterday and spotted what we thought were two vacancies in the part of the complex she liked best. I called today and they're both available. It all sounds good, lots of nice amenities, and nobody under 55 allowed. The neighbor next door can't be seen through the trees, and it's a church anyway so how much trouble could she expect there? Husby asked around at work this AM and someone said a lot of retired teachers live in the complex, so hopefully she'd be surrounded by mature, responsible adults instead of drug dealers and thieves. It's more money but she can afford it and comes with many more amenities. She said so wistfully this morning, "It would be almost like living in a house again." She's really missed her house and the birds and wildlife that was around it. This place is surrounded by heavy tree cover on three sides. Husby drives by there every morning and he sees deer there a couple times a week at least. With all the trees, Mom would have birds and squirrels galore. She would love it. I'm kind of excited to see the place(s) myself, and see what she decides. I hope she takes one of the places. If so, then we're back on the moving bandwagon but it won't be the ordeal it was before when we had to clear out her entire house and garage.

So you can extrapolate from all that pretty much what's on my to-do list today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, After what I have been thru, the stress, no sleep, working 24 hours a day, Please don't do it to yourself, Go Get Your meds, sit in the sunshine, and see if you can destress alittle, if not ask the dr for a mild antidepressent for a month or so... You have me worried...Neither one of us needs that!! pm me and vent if you want..

SD, That new place sounds beautiful!! I really hope your Mom moves in!!!

RABBIT, missing you.

Jen, Hope your feeling better today, take care!

Gaja, glad you got some sleep, amazing how it can help!

Ayanka, Enjoy your time off! It shouldn't take you long to get your house cleaned up, then you can go do something fun!!

FW, let us know what the Dr, says, hope you are feeling better!!

ilc, aww, you have such kind words... I hope you enjoyed your day with your kids!!

I had the best two days, and am So grateful!! I will start with the good first,

My Son, DIL and Dh bought me a fitbit !! Its the one that clips on, its kind of a pain having to enter everything, but its also fun. I even did a sit and be fit exercise show off tv. Boy am I in bad shape! But have to start somewhere!! I got to have my smoked bugers last night boy were they yummy. We didnt do the pulled pork.

We got so much rain, its getting bad again, it blew out an irrigation lake not far from here, washed out several roads, then Sat night we had a blizzard, holy cow, ended up with about 5 inches of snow, but it was super heavy and broke alot of bushes and trees Its almost all melted now, but had to turn the heat back on, they say we can plant gardens this weekend.

My Best friend called and said their town is flooding, the rivers are above flood stage now, then we had tornados east of here. Mountains got 2 ft of snow, plus the 2+ inches of rain from sat.

SD have you heard about the blizzards in black hills? Co. up to N. Dak. had snow. Its a good thing you didnt go out there, between the snow and tornados they had!

anyway I had a wonderful weekend, and hoping you all had one too!
    Have to go to the Dr tomorrow, MY DR. might have quit, they said he had a family emergency and dont know when or if he will be back..

list
    run dishwasher
    exerciise
    load of laundry

Have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree- thank you I am feeling better. That was some virus. The Dr. was pleased w/ my additional weight loss of another 10#/3 months. Coarse I was hoping for more. My BP was down to 132/80. He's esp. happy w/ the bottom. My A1C will be called in later. So I am 1/2 way to my this years goal of 44#.

Shopped at S.A. and G.W. Spent like a Rockafellar. If they did resale. lol
    Got a new Breadman bread maker 1/2 off for $8.50. Got a vaccumn sealer for $10.99. Got 3 boxes of latex free nitrile gloves for $2.00/50ct. A new lunch bucket, 3 summer tops for $2. and another for $4. (my pre weightloss ones are getting comical),2 pairs jeans,a new leather belt,3 pkg. moleskin bandaids,and 2 bottles of glucosamine/chondroitin for the massiff mix. A really nice sewing basket,and other bit and bobs. Someone had dropped off medical supplies NIP and they were super cheap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

South Dakota was doing the same. Talking right now to a lady in SD and it's snowing now.

Still working on my list. I have a load in washer now. It's going to be a 2 load day. Also had enough to run the dishwasher. It's on. Got a few other things done not on my list so that's good. Still puttering and doing.

Adding to my list washing doggy blanky and if I get the energy bath both babies.

Picking up meds is still on my list. Letting the kid sleep a little longer. She works midnights and want her to go with me. She's off tonight. I took his older meds this morning. Same med just 1/4 the milligrams and OLD. Eh... nothing wrong with that.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mom took one of the places! The first one we looked at was nice. It had nice blinds on the front windows. In these places, if the former tenants leave window treatments, then they're included if the new tenants want them but management does not provide any otherwise. So okay, having the three front windows covered is a nice extra. We looked through the whole place and it was quite large, compared to where she is now. Big bedroom with two closets and a big window. The living room and dining area are together and go the length of the townhouse, then there's a galley kitchen in an L off of that. At the end of the L by the kitchen is a big walk-in pantry. Mom gets a dishwasher, double sink, at least twice the counters she has now, full-size stove with self-cleaning oven, and a bigger fridge. There was a birdbath on the back patio the manager said came with it. That unit was his mom's but she had a stroke and moved out in February. He said the birdbath had been frozen down and they couldn't get it unstuck, so they left it. He explained that if Mom wanted a handheld shower on an adjustable rod in the shower and grab bars, they would install them free but she would have to pay for them. Well, okay, more money to spend but not a big deal. The bathroom is large and has a roll-in shower, plus a full-size, stacked washer/dryer and a long counter plus shelving above that, so loads of storage in the bathroom, too. Lots of storage in that place all over. Oh, and the single car garage has a door opener included and there's room at the front of it for more storage. So then we went over to see the other unit. We walked in and the first thing we saw were vertical blinds, like new, on every single window! In a nice, neutral color. There are three 5x6 windows in that place, plus a smaller one in the front entry, so covering those large windows wouldn't be cheap. Great! We looked around some more. The townhouses were pretty much the same but flipped, with slightly less space in the walk in pantry on the second one because the water meter is in a cabinet in there. We went into the bathroom and looked at that shower, and there, unbelievably, was the exact setup Mom has been wanting in the place she has, two big grab bars in the right places, and the adjustable shower head! That and everything else was the icing on the cake. I could see she really wanted to take it. All she will need to buy for the shower is a curtain and shower chair. Not having to buy the stuff for the shower and all those blinds will save her a lot of money. The only window coverings the place needs is a valance in the kitchen window over the sink if she wants it, and a curtain on the back entry door. Both over

It was hilarious because as we were all standing at the big kitchen window looking into the woods behind the house, here came the cutest bunny out of the trees and hopped across the back yard. It was as if the manager had it trained to appear on cue! Mom is going to just love it there for the wildlife and all the other perks.

Husby is lecturing the cat about bringing in live mice, like he did last night. It's truly pathetic to live in a house with four cats and have to call the dog to catch the dang mouse after the cat lets it loose. It ended up in the pantry and Mr. Fast-As-Lightning snatched that thing on the first try. Poor little guy. But we weren't about to let him live in the pantry.

Now the work begins. We've canceled yet another trip in order to get the moving started. Husby has time off this week and we were going to take a long weekend with the camper. Oh, well. Priorities. We're hoping we can get most of the small stuff moved and then call the movers to come for the big stuff next week while we're babysitting the roofers out here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's a webcam we watch out in Spearfish, SD, sometimes, and yesterday it was covered with snow. It won't last long. We weren't supposed to leave for our trip till Friday, and we have a three-season trailer, so we'd have gone anyway if we hadn't canceled due to the roofers coming next week. It's supposed to snow here later this week, too but I don't think it's supposed to amount to much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I wasn't quite sure which unit your mom is taking. Both sound great. Easier and safer for her and a load off your mind.

pinetree, let us know about your dr. appt.

fw, nice haul at the thrift store! And great dr. appt!!

Niko, hope you are feeling better.

Got 3/5 done today. With Sadie still under house arrest till her stitches come out, I spend a lot of time with her which cuts out some stuff I can get done. We're taking her to the vet tomorrow to see if the stitches can come out. So my list is dependent on the stitches.

For Tuesday IF the stitches come out:

1) Errands
    2) Mop
    3) Do some weeding

For Tuesday if the stitches DON'T come out:

1) Work on my desk
    2) Work in pantry
    3) Play a lot with Sadie to tire her out

I sure hope I get to work on the first list! Sadie is so tired of being inside when Jaxx is outside. Neither one of them understands why they can't play together.

Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to mention I asked if Mom could have the birdbath from the first place she looked at, over at the one she's getting. The manager said sure. Mom's so happy about being able to feed birds again, she's going to love having the birdbath, too.

Mom's taking the second townhouse, the one with like-new blinds on all the windows except the kitchen sink window and the window in the back door, and the perfect shower setup with the adjustable handheld shower and grab bars.

She gets the keys Thursday and her lease starts on Friday, so we can start moving in on Thursday. We're hoping to have all the small stuff moved by Monday. Then we'll call in the movers for the big stuff. Things always take longer than we expect though, so probably we won't get as much done as we hope to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Sd so happy for you (and your Dmom). That will be such a relief off your mind once she gets settled. Wish I could drag my Dmom out of her hovel (home) in the neighborhood (ghetto). Fat chance on that one!!

Ventured to Walmart and it was quiet.Got a few good deals on pasta sauce and such but they tend to be higher on a lot of stuff. Still manged to spend $50.

Going to watch a movie I think. Not tired just exhausted physically . KWIM?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD that is fantastic news about your Mom's new place!! I'm so happy for her! That sounds like a similar setup to what my grandmother had and it was awesome. I love that a bunny came out to introduce himself (or herself) while you were there. So cool.

Niko I hope you're feeling better. I see mention of BP meds in some of the posts and I hope you can pick them up today.

FW2 you got some good deals there! I wish our GW had stuff like that. Only a few times have I found something really amazing.

ILC good luck at the vet with Sadie. Hope house arrest ends soon.

Pine tree yay for the Fitbit. I love mine. I've worn is every day now for a couple of years. It really does motivate me to more more.

Today I have to assemble a pool vacuum. That should be entertaining at least . Once that's assembled it gets tossed into the pool to work it's magic.

Tonight is craft night and I'm working on my lighthouse wall hanging.

I also need to mop kitchen floor before the end of the day

Get in 4200 steps and 12 glasses of water

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I do know what you mean!

SD, your mom's life will be so much happier now! And that means yours will be too.

hikr,good luck with the pool vacuum. I'm not mechanical so I would be helpless against it.

Sadie got the stitches out!!! She and Jaxx are sooooooooo happy! Not as happy as we are, though!

Changing my list for today somewhat.

For Tuesday:

1) MOP
    2) Weeding
    3) Work on desk
    4) Get grocery lists together
    5) Laundry

Have a great day, everybody.