2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 271 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Hi Niko! So glad to see you, are you sitting down?

Remember I was having muscle spasms in my back, and it hurt so much it was hard to breathe? Well, I had a heart attack, well they think maybe two, So far I am ok, on oxygen and a whole mess of pills, but I'm alive and moving around slowly. I spent some time in the hospital, got out a couple days before Christmas.

I have No idea where this came from, am still in shock. I had no idea those were signs of a heart attack!

Anyway I am ok, Thanks for asking ole friend! I havent been on everyday, tho I try, I have also been watching your eat at home thread, Just incase I need to come back over there to keep you company...

Take Good care of yourself, and stay around, people miss you!
    Good grief! I'm glad you're ok. You need to stay down for awhile. No scraping, painting or anything else along those lines. I could't find where anything had happened...just that you weren't showing up to tell me you'd ate at home. Which by the way you'll have to come back over there. No one lasts anymore and I end up playing by myself.
    SO SO glad you're ok.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree!!! OMGosh, you had a heart attack?!! So sorry to hear and that I just now found out!! Happy to hear you are ok though, my friend! Please take it easy and Niko is right, you need to stay down for awhile!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. I'll do the grocery list tomorrow. Slept really late today, and was sluggish all day. The Fibro is winning again. Tomorrow will be better.

Tomorrow:

1. Make list for stock up trip.
    2. One load of laundry. Bathroom rugs and towels.
    3. Do some mending. Just a few things in the basket, but I don't want it piling up.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    Batch two:

1) Change the bed, toss the sheets in the washer
    2) Laundry: lights, darks and denims
    3) Switch over to my new, lighter, smaller back-friendly purse
    I got 2/3 done in batch two. I haven't switched over to my new purse yet but I can do that before I leave for my mammogram this morning. My house looked a lot better when I went to bed last night than it did when I got up.

List for Wednesday:

1) Mammogram
    1a) Switch purses removing 1/2 my stuff
    2) Pick up a few groceries
    3) Dust and vacuum

Have a good day, everyone!

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've managed to get through a day's list in 4 days Except for the Christmas decorations. DH brought down the storage tubs for me yesterday so I now have NO excuse whatsoever. He's about to go take a nap so I will get it done this afternoon.

For Wednesday:

1) Errands DONE
    2) Pack away Christmas decorations
    3) Boil some chicken breasts for chicken pot pie
    4) Put away groceries we got today
    5) Vacuum

Have a warm and wonderful Wednesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Everyone!!

I guess I havent posted for a couple days? I thought I did, but cant find it.

ilc, lol on the crock pot!! You are right, plus we are having a hard time coming up with what I can eat, they want me on no sugar, no salt, no fats and stay under 2000 calories. I have found there is salt in everything, They are now putting salt in cottage cheese, its in milk, potatoes, you name it.
    I hope you start feeling better, I know how it feels to be tired all the time. Will keep you in my prayers.

Piney, how are you doing? Everything ok?

SallyC, I am so glad you are getting your health checks done, you wont be sorry!

RABBIT, glad to see you doing your heath checks too. How are you doing on eating better? Scarey all the crap thats in our food huh?

Jen, you sure are having a tough time, hope you are feeling much better tomorrow, oh yeah, My Dr asked me if my big toe hurt, told him no, he said I tested positive for gout!!! I have the crystals, but he said sometimes you can have them but they dont cause problems? If my toe starts hurting to let him know, I thought of you immediately! Feel better soon!

Been trying to do aliitle more around here, I feel like I am not doing myself any good just sitting, no I am not running laps, just loading dishwasher, folding laundry, simple things, just to keep moving.

I have so many Appts coming up
    ultrasound on my heart
    appt with heart Dr.
    bone denisty test
    mammogram, they found a spot on my cat scan
    blood tests for thinner
    Appt with internal med. Dr.
    and it keeps adding everyday, so I am right here with you guys.

Wed
    check other grocery sales
    clean, fill cats water bowls
    find dinner,

If anyone has any recipies for no carb, no sugar, low salt recipies, please let me know.

Next year I am going to have to can without sugar, thank goodness I didnt put salt in 70 quarts of tomatoes!

Have a wonderful day!

ps, you are welcome ilc!!,( for the other thread)

Thanks Niko and frugalfriend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, if you have a gout flare, be very careful about the medicine! The side effects are horrible and with your health, it might not be a good thing for you. I'd recommend eating a lot of cherries. About 20 per day will keep uric acid levels down. Frozen is OK, but I don't know about canned. Also asparagus is good for avoiding gout attacks. I haven't had an attack since I started eating the cherries and I eat asparagus regularly, too.

3/3 today. It was an easy list.

Tomorrow:

1. Go to the stock up store.
    2. Put away all the groceries.
    3. I'll think of something.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 Done today
    Thursday list
    Go to Walmart return a neck massager I can not use get some grocery
    Make a phone call
    assess my car

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - boy, you have enough going on with doctor appointments, I don't know how you fit in anything else. My eating has been so-so but it is a life style change so I know it's going to be slow going. I got some DASH diet books but am reading a library book right now so I haven't got a chance to look at them yet. I know what you mean about sugar, fat and salt being in all of our food, when you start having to look for it, it's everywhere. I have been eating Ezekiel bread (low sodium kind) for a couple of years now and like that(DH hates it!), also I eat oatmeal for breakfast almost every day. No salt, fat or sugar in that although I put fruit on top.

3/3 today, didn't really get started until late but I did it.

Thursday
    1 - clean rabbits pen, vacuum furniture and carpet
    2 - Bed, Bath and Beyond - return
    3 - sew patch on vest for AWANA child

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree-- my only recipe that meets your parameters: To 1 cup of water, add 1/2 cup water, stir and gradually add 1/2 cup water. Do not drink too quickly or you might get a stomachache.... ;P

Hi Guys! My list for tomorrow:
    -clean the bathrooms
    -volunteer at the school
    -sort a little bit of laundry

Unless they have delayed opening for schools AGAIN tomorrow, then my list is:
    -get the little beasts on their bus
    -go home and drink
    -binge-watch Netflix

;p

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    List for Wednesday:

1) Mammogram
    1a) Switch purses removing 1/2 my stuff
    2) Pick up a few groceries
    3) Dust and vacuum
    I took care of the purse, the appointment and the groceries. I haven't dusted and vacuumed yet. I'm not highly motivated because it's not one of those things that will prevent family life from continuing in an efficient way. Not having clean clothes and dishes or prepared food would create problems but lint on the carpet will not. So, p-e-r-h-a-p-s I'll get to it today.

You know how you have cleaning to do but you don't really want to do it so you find every other task to do instead of the cleaning? I was in cooking mode. I made pots of potato soup and some broccoli cheese soup. Rationalizing? OH, yeah.

Thursday:

1) Make coffee cake for the Moms Next meeting at church
    2) Attend Moms Next
    3) Wash up clothing that I'll need to pack for a trip

Have a joy filled day and stay warm!

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    If anyone has any recipies for no carb, no sugar, low salt recipies, please let me know.
    Oven Roasted Vegetables

Toss vegetables in olive oil. Season with fresh cracked pepper and your favorite non-salt seasonings. Bake in the oven until bits of brown show up on the veggies.

I put mine in the toaster oven for 20-25 minutes in a glass 8 inch pan. I have no idea what the temperature is, just as hot as it goes. Favorite veggies for this are broccoli, cauliflower, carrots (bake longer). Oven roasting brings out the sweetness.

Here's another one:

Fried Zucchini

Get some olive oil good and hot in a pan. Drop in sliced zucchini and quickly stir fry it until it browns and blisters. Season to taste. This is another one that brings wonderful flavor because it's cooked HOT and fast.

Greek Yogurt

Dump a quart of regular plain yogurt through a paper towel. Let it drain for 4 or more hours. It will be thick and creamy. Top with fruit. Save the whey that drains out and put it in fruit smoothies

Fruit Smoothies

1/2 cup milk (it's okay for it to be part whey)
    1/3 cup yogurt
    a small handful of washed spinach
    1/2 frozen fruit (I keep sale purchased blueberries and strawberries in my freezer just for this)
    1 banana

Process in a high speed blender. (I just got a Vitamix and it's been wonderful for my health.)

This may or may not be helpful. If sodium is the problem, white table salt is going to be worse than natural sea salt. I use Real Salt from Redmond Trading. It's expensive but doesn't cause the problems with blood pressure and the like that iodized salt does. You doctor probably knows a LOT more about this than I do.

Basmati rice has better natural flavor than regular white rice and requires less seasoning. Some folks compare the aroma to popcorn.

Trail Mix

1 cup almonds
    1 cup cashews
    1/2 coconut flakes (the big ones)
    1/2 dried fruit--raisins or cranberries or both

Granola sweetened with local honey, containing such items as oats, coconut, raw sunflower seeds, etc.

There are probably a BUNCH more. This is just my normal stuff.

I really hope that helps get you started.

Respectfully,

Sally

Whoops! I didn't see no carb until I typed it all in. Well, maybe it can help anyway. Sorry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got everything done yesterday! Yea me! First time in a while.

For Thursday:

1) Mop DONE
    2) Revise menus for the next few days
    3) Clean up my desk
    4) Vacuum upstairs
    5) Clean toilets

I think that's it for today.

Have a good one, everybody!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

thurs
    finish up a job
    look up recipies
    redo medicine for the week

ilc, wtg!! Hope you are feeling better.

Z, thanks alot!! lol, Thats about what I am eating, only I am limited to 28 oz of fluid a day, and I am not wasting my liquid for a meal!!

RABBIT, I gave up bread and torts, theres too many calories, carbs and started wrapping things in lettuce leaves.

Thank you So much SallyC, I will try the oven baked veggies, it sounds good,
    Dr says NO salt, doesnt matter what kind, and I can only have 400mg with each meal, which if you take the salt from a can of chicken noodle soup is 890mg for 1/2 cup, spagetti sauce is 610mg for 1/2 cup, so right there I am over for my meal. I am trying to cook from scratch but salt is in everything! My cottage cheese has 440mg for 1/2 cup. I can eat non starchy veggies, must be really careful with leafy green, I can only have the same amout or nothing at all, its something to do with one of my pills, and no grapefruit ot V-8 juice.

Last night I made zuchini lasagna, made my own sauce, put alot of zuchini and aliitle bit of low fat mozzeralla cheese, the family thought it was horrible, I thought it was pretty tasty!

Then watching the carbs, am testing my blood everyday to make sure my sugar stays steady, so I am eating like a dietbetic in that part. So there I have to be careful with eating fruit cause it turns to sugar, well along with all the carbs!!

I was so ticked off last weekend, Chicken was on sale so had DH pick up 2, DS smoked them for me, only to find out they were packaged in brine, which was all salt, I have never heard of them adding salt to chicken, but its here.

So far I have lost 24lbs. good thing I had some to lose!

Thanks for all the ideas, at least I have alittle to start with, the experts on the diets cant really help cause one does the cardiac, one the diabetic, and so on, they dont inter mix with each other. I fell like all I am doing is tearing apart all the help you are giving me, and for that I am sorry.

Enough whining, thanks for listening!! I will try to be more positive tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - Wow, that is a lot of weight loss. How frustrating to have to be on so many different diets, doesn't leave you with much to eat. I did not know that about the chicken!!! I swear the food companies add salt to everything.

3/3 today, I was so proud of myself that I sewed the patch on, I HATE sewing.

Friday
    1 - dust living room, 2 spare rooms
    2 - exercise
    3 - go through bag of freebies I got today

Page 6 of 271 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast