2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 61
Page 61 of 271 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-don't you yell at me! lol take 12 pills a day I get in and have a hard time fitting in 2 more calcium. Besides they make me nauseous. I take plant ones already because shellfish and i aren't friends.

Weell, I finally got under the sofabed couch. I wasnt feeling good enough to lift it before. I sweep up about 12# of dirt,dog toy and bones,just tons of paper. I just hate seeing the results of not feeling well for so long. Mopping another day.
    I did find the ants were enjoying the peanut butter from the centers of those dog bones! vaccumned up those nasty bits too. Gotta get their scent trail. So beat right now. I removed the front skirt and can access the underneath from the front-woot.! Old couch I'd like toss soon. Gonna take a tv break and decide the next direction

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been bad in posting again... I am so sorry. However I did do useful things. Wednesday i went to my aunt to give her the magazines that were piled up for her. So they are out of the picture. Today I had a good chat with my mum about the elektricians and some of the plans I have for the house, plus I dropped off all the things for her. I did keep things clean and I spent more time outside when the weather was good. This might seem trivial, but we have about the same weather as New York, so any sunny weather you better enjoy it. And I had enough rest, which makes me feel nearly like another person. I have contacted another 2 elektricians, so hopefully one of the responds. Tomorrow I am going to clean the oven and do some grocery shopping. Not the biggest list, but the oven is a big job, so for now its ok. Better to keep rolling slowly than to overdo and stop again. I have to work Saturday and Sunday so just going to try to keep up then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got my DH (begrudgingly) to throw out almost all of the crap piled in the living room rocker and then I vaccumned up everything in that area.
    The living room is coming along.
    If Dmom and I dont go out to lunch tomorrow I want to dust,wash windows and light mop the room. We shall see.

Dcat of 17 yrs. got sick yesterday and today. Better make an appt. for extensive blood panel work. Wish it could wait due to DH just getting back working.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Just a friendly reminder to TAKE YOUR PILLS! lol Good Luck with your 17 yr old. gets scarey when they get old!

Ayanka, So glad you got to go outside! ick, cleaning the stove isnt fun, but thanks for the reminder, mine needs cleaned badly!

Niko?

Thinking about getting fast food tonight,, hum... I havent eaten too much today, so if I can find something low in salt I just might do it.....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back.

We got about half of Mom's bedroom cleared out, including a large bookcase with hundreds of cookbooks. It was a rainy day today so I guess I should be happy for what we got done in the three hours we were there, taking our van and her van packed full of stuff. Mom and Husby think we got a lot done, but I didn't impress myself. Maybe when we move some of the bigger stuff, it'll look like we're getting somewhere. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be better so if it is things should be easier and go quicker. I expect to finish the bedroom tomorrow and I'm hoping we get through the living room, too. Saturday we're doing the twenty or so sales in the city-wide garage sale, so we won't get as much done and we'll be tired to start with. Mom has a list of things she's looking for and we just like going to garage sales.

It was so cute when Mom got over to the new place. We brought in a chair so she could sit down, and she sat by the huge 5x6 kitchen window looking out into the trees out back. Since it was rainy there weren't a lot of critters out and about, but she did spot a squirrel climbing around in the boulders along the edge of the woods. She's so happy. She said it would be okay to move her bed over there right away, but we can't until we get the valuables moved out of the apartment. It probably wouldn't be good to leave that stuff there unattended. Mom also wants to move her table and chairs right away so she can sit by the window and look out. She said she can just imagine what it's going to be like sitting at the table for breakfast in the morning and looking out into the woods with the deer and birds outside the window. I bet they'd be right at the window if she fed them in the winter like some of the other tenants do.

The apartment manager and his wife think the world of Mom and don't want her to move. But they understand why she wants to.

I got in 6,600 steps today and I'm pretty sure I stayed within my points. Three more days to survive while eating all the wrong foods. With Mom in charge of the food, not much choice. I guess it's frozen lasagna for supper tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, how's the kitty today?

If I cleaned under my sofa I'd probably get enough cat fur to knit a cat.

SD, such good news that your mom is happy with her new place! It really does sound ideal.

Ayanka, enjoy your days off.

pinetree, did you find some fast-food? DH and I used our Chick-Fil-A calendar cards last evening and each got free 8-pc. chicken nuggets. We bought an small order of fries and each got a small drink and ended up spending $4.71. Not bad for a light supper.

Well, yesterday was a bust. We ended up going to DH's sister's house for him to fix some electrical outlets for her. We spent much longer there than we anticipated, but she wasn't having a good day so we stayed a while. Her husband's been gone only 8 months and she still has more bad days than good. We did get my best friend's garden watered (they are in FL) and did a big shopping trip at Aldi. That was my day.

For today:

1) MOP
    2) Reset den and breakfast room
    3) Swish and swipe the bathrooms
    4) Vacuum upstairs
    5) Anything from yesterday that didn't get done

Have a fabulous Friday, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-ok. He is eating but yesterday he seemed dizzy and was using his tail to balance.I also suspect his sight is iffy but he still seems happy and purrs when I pick him up. The arthritis is really advancing and I think meds are crucial now. Everyday is a gift at this point. I picked him up at a shelter for $19 fixed years ago on a fluke (over 14 yrs ago) and he's come a long way. I had gone to the shelter to see if the Persians they had were picked up by a new rescue group I was contacting. He was so large,no one wanted him. They had him labeled as "maxine". He used to have trouble getting along w/ any other cats or dogs. He and the kittens are big pals surprisingly.

Anyway,going to do the HW pills today-finally
    need to do another shelf in the pantry
    talk myself out of the church rummage sale
    sort and box some cookbooks
    and possibly mop depending on my hips and shoulder.
    Laundry
    maybe a spice cake for Dh this weekend..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally found something fast food I could eat, well last night anyway,, guess what it was ??

A whopper, no cheese, pickles, ketshup, mayo came in at 490 calories, 460mg salt

had enough to get a hersey sundae pie 310 cal. 220mg salt. put on my own mustard and no salt pickles here at home, it was wonderful!!

Ilc, I have to really watch what I eat to be able to eat chick fil a

Grilled chicken 320 cal- 800 mg salt

chicken salad sandwich 500 cal - 1120mg salt

8 pc chicken nugget 270 cal - 1060mg salt

calories arent bad its the salt I cant have, I try to stay around 600mg per meal, yesterday I had to stay under 700 mg salt.. It was good, but It will be along time before I do it again, I really want my happy family chinese food..

Woke up this morning and could not get out of bed, everytime I sat uo I almost passed out, took blood pressure, heart rate, sugar levels,oxygen, and they were all normal, so laid there for a little bit, Dh helped me get up slowly and leaning into him and I finally made it,, ?? No idea what happened.I am tired today, the exercisse it kicking me in the rear end!

FW, Hope you arent't upset with me, I was being a real smart alec yesterday,
    i worry about people not taking their meds, after all this crap I have been thru,,, hugs

I have nothing for a list today, I am just going to sit here and veg out.. do nothing, seems to be a pattern here......

have a ggod one everyone!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

furious Pinetree oh and devastated. lol

Started dusting books and the dogs have been out 4x. Kinda a restless day. Doubt I will get tons done in this gloom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, call your doctor if that happens again! The only thing I can think of (and I'm not in the medical field) is maybe dehydration? Are you drinking enough water?

Good news about the Whopper! Plus, they're good. And oh, those Hershey pies....

I had no idea there was so much sodium in Chick-fil-A. Scary!

fw, if you find meds for an arthritic cat, let me know. My vet has told me that there isn't any. For dogs, yes, but not cats. And one of my cats seems to be getting stiff and creaky.

Another bust of a day. Worked on dealing with bulk ground beef and now have 3 meatloaves and a bunch of burger patties. Also 5 loads of laundry, some of which were pet blankets, which of course have to be shaken out vigorously prior to washing. About to bake a couple of batches of brownies for the freezer. And I did clean toilets.
    And planned menus. Wait a minute! I wasn't a total slug today!

So for Saturday (list will be the vitals):

1) Vacuum upstairs
    2) Mop
    3) Enjoy my family

Have a good Saturday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I agree, call the doc and see if they can tell you what's going on. Check the paperwork that came up with the drugs you're taking and see if dizziness is a possible side effect, and tell your doc. That reaction is worrisome.

I am ROFLMAO at my stupid self! I was really good with food today and by the end of the day had 18 daily points left for supper, although I didn't know the exact number at the time. I knew I had plenty of points though, so decided a large DQ Blizzard would be a great supper, considering how exhausted I am after working on Mom's place all day. Oh, boy! It was tasty, all right. But I looked it up when I got home to see what the damage was, exactly. That stinkin' thing was FORTY POINTS! FORTY! I won't make that mistake again! Luckily I had the 18 daily points and all 49 weekly points left to cover it, but FORTY!!! I knew it would be bad, but not that bad. Here's the damage in non-WW-speak:
    Calories 1430 (this is approximately one whole day's worth on a weight-reduction diet)
    Calories from Fat 600
    Total Fat 67g
    Saturated Fat 42g
    Cholesterol 120mg
    Sodium 750mg
    Total Carbohydrate 189g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 153g
    Protein 23g

Holy moley! By the end of it, I kept thinking about what my diet buddy always says about the first two or three bites of a food being the best. I think in the future I'll be enjoying mini Blizzards, or a small at the most. So not worth it to have a large. Although a small is still 12 points.

After a day and a half, we have most of Mom's apartment cleared out except her bed which we'll move sometime this weekend, some things in her hutch, the entire kitchen, and her two lockers. It's going well. Three of her new neighbors stopped by to welcome her to the neighborhood, which was nice. I think she's going to fit right in. The neighbor who lives in the other half of her duplex invited her over to see how she had arranged her living room, which is long and narrow with a space for a dining area, same as Mom's but flipped. Mom really liked it so I think we'll try that arrangement.

Tomorrow are the city-wide sales. I hope we have the energy to attend. Husby walked over 20,000 steps today, and I did over 12,000, about 5.25 miles. Not that easy when you're eighty pounds overweight and have to carry stuff besides, but I'm happy for the exercise. My feet are killing me but I'm glad we're this far along. The apartment building has two grocery carts for the residents to use and they're a godsend for moving. Such a big help.

I'm so tired I can't think, but I hope everyone is doing okay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-I have a joint supplement that's Cosequin.com for cats (chicken and tuna flavored caplets) that you sprinkle on food. Our issue w/him is he eats a little 3x a day. So the caplets are opened and you have to put less on or he balks. Sorry can't recall the price. It's an 80 caplets bottle. Its a mix of glucosamine,Chondroitin and magnesium. Not a pain pill. (Nutramax laboratories,inc.)

Went to Thai and I drank a Pepsi instead of water. Just not thinking today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD it's tough to get those steps in isn't it......I have a fitbit and I use it mostly for my steps.....12,000 steps is A LOT......I try for 5000 a day but truthfully, I usually don't make it.....more like 3-4 thousand....dr. wants me to do 10,000 a day.....doesn't happen very often.....
    Good luck....Sounds like your Mom is going to be happy in her new place!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bookworm, You are doing alot better than I am, my highest so far is almost 900, I have only been doing it for a week, but its hard!

SD, lol, sounds like me, something sounds good, and if you look at it before you eat it, they are full of calories and salt! At least you could cover yourself!! I am So glad your Mom is loving Moving to her new home!

FW, Thanks about all the info about the furbabies, wlll keep it in mind for later years

Jen ans RABBIT, hope you are doing ok.

Ilc have a good weekend

I have told the Dr about being dizzy, he told me I am on the lowest dose of blood pressure meds, and its my vertigo.. I got up this morning, kinda slow and got dizzy again, so laid back down and got up very slowly, alittle at a time and I was ok.

The sun is out its warm, I want to go outside, so going to see if we can hook up my 60 ft airline to my little tank, maybe try and pull some weeds, but it rained again last night so will see

I need to exercise
    load of laundry
    clean off counters and table

Have a wonderful weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-ear infection? any pain even on and off/sinus infection? lots of causes for dizziness and my Dr. isn't the best at listening either.

Did another shelf and treated myself to Morticai (not spelled right) w/ Johnny Depp.
    It sucked,very long and boring. Glad I Red boxed it!