2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 64
Page 64 of 271 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh is going in late because he has a next level interview w/ one of the jobs he has been looking at. After he leaves I may try again for Sams Club.
    We are prob. dropping COSTCO because the only thing we buy the pass for is cat food at the point. We like Sams better for our needs.

Need to finish wrangling loose cookbooks and putting them in clear tubs. Should do a shelf.
    DW unload
    wash load
    Mackey needs a brush out if the sun ever comes out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning, I will be glad when I can see to read every ones posts. Paige called me a baby shower zilla, so I have quit planning I will worry about it when she Does . She still has 4 months to go. But I am a planner. So I plan early. She and her friends are fly by the seat of your pants types........I tok off the transition lenses and saved 80 dollars. So my price 180..... hopefulay I will get help. I need to find something to sort my meds in this week, I am on 16 different pills a day. So I have outgrown a zip lock bag.

To do today
    wash and dry 1 load
    fold the forgot about lold
    cook supper

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, this is terrible. It sounds like they are doing everything in their power to screw you. Hope you have a really good attorney to straighten this out.

fw, fingers crossed that the interview will go well for your DH

oheoh, you don't have to quit planning, you just have to not share your planning ideas!

....and here I sit, fooling around on the computer instead of working on my list. Dreading going to the dentist.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, I'm so sorry about your situation. You should write a book and warn people.

Jen, feel better soon!

fw, let us know about DH's interview.

RABBIT--we are hot here. I wish we could trade weather.

om, hope the new lenses come soon.

Ayanka, have a good day.

SD, a scarlet tanager? What a gorgeous bird. I've never seen one in person but I've seen pictures. Yes, it's time you and DH got back to your own Things to Do. Your mom will be fine--it sounds better than perfect.

pinetree, let us know about the test results.

For Wednesday:

1) Laundry IN PROGRESS
    2) Change sheets
    3) Swish 'n' swipe bathrooms
    4) Reset downstairs
    5) Clean litter boxes
    6) Make grocery lists/gather coupons
    7) Eat cheesecake

Have a wonderful Wednesday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Roofers are here. They think they'll finish in three days. I hope so.

I walked over 26 miles in the past week, mostly because of moving which means I was either pushing or carrying heavy stuff for most of those miles. I suppose it was good for me, but it sure doesn't feel like it right now. Husby walked over 56 miles.

This is a scarlet tanager, but not the one we saw.

Really gorgeous. The one we saw must have been hunting bugs because when it wasn't in trees, it was on the ground among the dandelions, where it stuck out like a sore thumb with those bright red feathers.

We're not moving too fast around here today. You know how it is when you have to go, go, go for any reason, and then the reason ends and you crash. That's us. We're just tired. We plan to catch up on some housekeeping today, nothing strenuous or requiring thought. I'm going to stick something in the Crock-Pot for supper, no work required. I bought a board yesterday and got one side of it painted so I can build a box for Mom's TV to sit on. It'd be hard to paint the inside when it's assembled. The inside of the box, open on the front, will provide a place for Mom's VCR and Dish receiver to sit with the TV on top the box. Dish is coming Thursday to hook that up so I need to get that done, but it shouldn't take long. Then I can get the outside painted today and tomorrow morning and maybe deliver it tomorrow afternoon. Hope so. It would be one more thing off the list.

Hope everyone is feeling better today and able to have a productive day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SCORE! The roofers unloaded the shingles and I asked what they were going to do with the two pallets the bundles came on. Um, throw them away, do I want them? Yes, please! Mom's new grill table, thank you very much! Just have to figure out how to do it now. And how big to make it.

Roofers are tearing the shingles off. It's LOUD in here! Can't wait till they start banging the new ones down. Maybe I'll get some work done in the garage this week. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, My gosh is that a beautiful bird!! I have never seen anything like it!! Sounds like you are taking it easy today, Not, lol

om, you need to check out zennia optical, you remember we all started getting out glasses from there? All you need is your eye test and the measurement between your eyes. DIL last glasses were $30. Check into it.

FW, holding my breath, sure hope it works out for your DH!! Hows Your Mom?

RABBIT, its fine with me if you eat the cake! lol

Jen, hope your feeling better.

Ayanka, Have a wonderful day!

ilc, sure sounds like you are busy, yum on the cheesecake, lol

I hope I didnt miss anyone...

Wow the news just said we are up to 39* heat wave!! Havent heard anything on the blood test.
    We are suppose to get more rain, we have standing water everywhere, plus one road out of town has totally washed out, and its low on the list to fix because its dirt. The lakes are over filling and east co are now flooding,,,No sun is driving people nuts,, and we have until Monday until it moves out.
    Poor Dh is at the dentist, getting that tooth pulled from a month ago, that he never got in to take care of, so this should be a fun weekend.

todays list
    try to getr some work out
    fix dinner
    load dishwasher

Have a fun day ladies!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AWw Niko, I left you out, I am so sorry!!

Please let me know if theres somethng I can do, I keep hearing about all this crap they re pulling, but I thought someone put a stop to it? Call you congressman, ask them what to do, I would call everyone I could think of, It has to be illegal not to give someone a recipt, Sp. ??

Praying for you, this HAS got to end sometime soon... and in your favor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    AWw Niko, I left you out, I am so sorry!!

Please let me know if theres somethng I can do, I keep hearing about all this crap they re pulling, but I thought someone put a stop to it? Call you congressman, ask them what to do, I would call everyone I could think of, It has to be illegal not to give someone a recipt, Sp. ??

Praying for you, this HAS got to end sometime soon... and in your favor.
    Attorneys office called back early this morning. Supposedly taking them to court. He said to make the payment anyway .. send them a fax of check, etc.. but whether they cash it or not HUBS says his woman said they're going to court. Since I didn't hear the conversation... he ( attorney ) says they can't refuse plus they didn't apply the money as it should have been applied. I guess when his woman called Bank of Hell they gave her the same bullshitttttt they gave hubs. WRONG. I guess that stoked a fire.... She told hubs attorney was pissed off.

So supposedly going to court. We'll see. Nothing stops them. Bank of Hell can do whatever they want. Most people don't have the money to fight them. Luckily this will fall under what we have already paid. But 3 1/2 more years of this???
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, you have got to be kidding?? Somehow, someone can stop them, didn't the goverment just fine them again? 3-1/2 yrs is along time, starting it all over again.. I am so sorry...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all. Dh's interview went well and they should decide w/ in a month. Dh called the contract house and they told him they are not interviewing anyone else. SO FINGERS crossed he gets it and at a fair offer.
    Unfortunately,HP (his old employer) called just a few minutes before and said the board vetoed him and tat policy is in 2 yrs wait time to rehire. Definate BS! but Dh is a takes it at face value person. He needs to let it go. I just hope he didn't let that effect his interview w/ the other.
    I personally need him to land somewhere. Sick of being overly cautious about every dime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Niko, you have got to be kidding?? Somehow, someone can stop them, didn't the government just fine them again? 3-1/2 yrs is along time, starting it all over again.. I am so sorry...
    Wouldn't be starting it over. That's what's left on the loan. There's only somewhere around 17,000 pay off left on the loan. It's worth more to them to take it and resell it than for us to finish it out. It'll be paid off in November 2018 I think.

But there's no way anyone would convince me that even if this was straightened out that they wouldn't pull it again LONG before 3 1/2 years. We need to find a way to pay it off. Refinance is undoubtedly not an option. So...
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Half our roof is nekkid! The poor workmanship on the original build is truly shocking. They're finding 4x8 roof panels that don't have a single fastener in them! Except for what held the shingles on, of course. It's amazing we have a roof left. First the house was dragged up here from the factory in Indiana at 60 mph, but then we also had a derecho blow through here in 1999, featuring hurricane-force winds that bent the big trees in front of our house to almost 45 degrees and took down about 25,000,000 trees (NOT making that up) in our local area. It was quite the storm. We love our house but I don't think I'd buy a manufactured home again.

Luckily the leaking we've had for several years that numerous people have tried to fix hasn't done any real damage, so we should end up paying only for the original quote of $9,000. That's a huge relief. We don't know how many thousand we'll be spending on the new driveway yet, so the less we have to spend on the roof, the better.

All in all, things are going well, so I hope we don't get any rain in the next few days. The forecast says there won't be any, but you never can tell up here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, they ripped the entire roof off today and then stuck down some underlayment, so we're all dried in again. Always nice, just in case there's an unexpected shower. So the house isn't nekkid anymore, since it has its undies on again already. The mess is all cleaned up and I would think most of the mess is over with now.

I'm taking it easy since I managed to drill a hole in my finger with a Phillips driver bit. Husby tried to clean the blood off the deck but it's on there for good, apparently. Good thing we plan to paint that this year. At least I got the broken screen door we use for a dog gate over the six-foot opening on the deck steps is fixed again. It probably won't last long anyway. The dogs have been unhappy that they can't come outside lately.

I didn't get the board cut for Mom's TV stand. Maybe tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, yikes! That had to have hurt. Thanks for posting the picture of the bird, it's beautiful.

Niko, So sorry you have had to deal with all this and for so long.

fw, hopefully your DH will hear something in less than a month

ilc, hope you were able to get to number 7 on your list!

Well got my teeth cleaned and found out I have a cavity, I also need a crown so there goes $1000. The next month is going to be a very costly month for us and here we said we weren't going to spend any money this year. I have been trying to find someone to come out and give us an estimate on our back porch, we need a new cement slab. Cannot find anyone who will do it. Once they find out it sits on blocks no one wants the job, only cement on the ground work. Frustrating and we need it done since water is getting in my basement when it rains. And here I though the hardest part of this job would be writing the check.

Well 2.5 today, I got Tuesdays dailies done but not todays. Seems like I'm going to be a day behind all week.

Thursday
    1 - dailies
    2 - call Township Hall and more cement places
    3 - laundry
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON