2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 65
Page 65 of 271 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875115165 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ended up going to Costco. That's the one that goes. We just get cat food there and the $55. membership doesn't make sense so no renewal next time. I shopped the whole food section and bought rice I can also get at Sams Club.

Rented "Big Eyes" and am going to watch it next. I am on a Red Box kick. DD was saying we can use her Netflix w/ our Chromecast if we do dump cable down to basic w/o home phone. Need to go get a cell phone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning not a lot going on here. Hope everyone is well hubby told me I was doing enough for the baby shower. I am making chicken salad, ham and swiss, and turkey roll ups, dorito salad, ranch and bacon pasta salad. Meatballs. The fruin crib and home made dip. I buying a crib and decking it out.. plus bOught her a few maternity clothes so far.

Our daughter is helping us with the crib. We are chipping in for it. She wants a crib with a changing table.she has not made her mind up about the bedding yet.

To do
    sweep mop floors.
    clean kitchen sink And cabinets
    dust lr

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok should have started checking into this thread a long time ago. Can't work on anything today as we are having a date day. YAY! Tomorrow however it is finishing up the office.
    1. Go through the boy's clothes
    2. Organize the filing cabinet.
    3. Go through the storage shelves again and see what needs to be there and what doesn't

On top of that I need to clean the kitchen, start laundry and do my daily chores on the computer. WHEW should be a busy day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to do dishes but don't think I will till I can get a good scab over my injured finger. Too bad Husby doesn't know how to load a dishwasher, or at least that's what he conveniently claims. LOL.

But I can still cut and assemble the box for Mom's TV today and get it painted. I really want that done before Saturday. She needs it, too. Maybe I can look at those pallets today too and see if I can figure out how to make them into a nice little outdoor table to set The Pig on. She might want to grill something for Memorial Day and having a place to set the grill would be nice.

Husby just came in and said one of the roofers is buying our stupid pool table! I hope it actually happens. The guy said he could get it in a week or two, so I sure hope he does. We'd give it to him if he didn't want to pay for it, that's how bad we want it gone. So much else depends on getting that out of the way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the TV box made. It's not pretty but it'll do the job and she won't care. It looks a little better since I put the first coat of paint on. I also added a brace to a little table my dad made years and years ago. It wobbles and Mom thinks it'll fall apart. It wouldn't, but it's a little more solid now.

The dog fell into the water dish and then couldn't get out of it. So of course as soon as I lifted her out, she had to run all over the house, including up on our bed. What a mess! I should have put a leash on her before I got her out and made her go outside, but there's crap falling off the roof all the time because of the roofers so don't really want to leave her out there. Eventually I got it cleaned up.

Wish I knew exactly how big The Pig is. Then I'd know how big to make the table for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working on collecting all details for the house listing. The technical surveyer has checked the house, the photographer has been there, the cleaning crew has gone through it, and we have written down everything we know. DH came home wednesday in the middle of the night. He has done a gigantic job painting and flooring. But of course, there are still details left. There always will be, but there are a couple of things we have to get done before the open house:

1) A window is broken. We have ordered a new one, but I don't know when it will be delivered.
    2) There is something wrong with the toilet. Some sort of blockage, I think. DH tried fixing it, but it didn't work. So we have to get hold of a plummer.

Some photos. I think it looks lovely, and hope a lot of potential buyers think the same.

2015 To-Do Challenge-loftstue.jpg2015 To-Do Challenge-kj-kken.jpg2015 To-Do Challenge-tynnparkett.jpg2015 To-Do Challenge-panorama-fra-veranda.jpg
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's beautiful, Gaja! It looks so light and bright. I love that fireplace. I hope it'll sell quickly for you. I think it should, based on the pics. I like the neighborhood, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

jayceef12, welcome!

SD, your poor finger! Hope it heals quickly.

Ummmm, how did a dog fall into a water bowl? Is it a really small dog or is it a really big water bowl? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the visual....

RABBIT, so sorry you need a crown! Around here $1000 is a good price for one.

FW, we haven't been a member of any warehouse club for years. It just didn't save us enough to warrant the membership fee. If we need anything from Sam's we tag along with my best friend on her card.

om--your baby shower sounds as though it's coming together well.

gaja, what a clean, bright home! Good luck with it.

pinetree, how's it going?

I got my list done yesterday. Did an especially good job on #7.

For Thursday:

1) Go to free organ and violin concert DONE
    2) Lunch with DH, DD, and sis-in-law DONE
    3) Water garden at best friend's house
    4) Clean up kitchen
    5) Revise menus for the holiday weekend
    6) Put away clean laundry DONE

Hope everyone's Thursday is a good one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The dog, Sugar, is thirteen and not too steady on her feet anymore. She weighs forty pounds so isn't a small dog. She falls frequently these days. This time, her butt landed in the enamel fridge tray we use for a water dish, which holds about three gallons. It has high sides so she couldn't get out by herself, poor girl.

Husby got most of the sanding and cleaning done on the rusty frame of our utility trailer, so that's progress. It's been sort of a wreck and we've put off doing anything about it because of having more pressing matters. But this year it's so bad there's no more ignoring it, so we're hoping to get it done before long. The sides are falling apart and if the rust wasn't taken care of this year, then there would have been real damage instead of just surface rust. He said he'd prep and paint the frame and rewire the lights if I build the new sides, so I guess I'll be busy with that tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-we used to do that. I would get Sams Club for $10. through MIL's membership and Costco was free for my friend through her Dh's work. Then over time is gradually went to $110 for the both-enough! So just Sams for $45. for cat litter,dog food and other foods. W/ Ds moved out some of the quantity is packaged too large so next year we reevaluate.

Spent the whole day at Dmoms and going out to lunch. Too much time used up!
    loaded the dishwasher and it was making a weird noise so Dh will need to look at it. Always something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody, I know its late, been busy !! Yep busy.

Welcome jayceef12, just jump right in!

Gaja, I love your house, Good Luck Selling it!

Ilc, I'm good, thanks for asking, and you? WTG on your list!!

Jen, Hi!!

SD WTG! poor puppy getting wet.

FW, Hope you had fun today with your Mom!

RABBIT, SO sorry on the dentist.. good to see ya!

Niko, still hoping things work out for you!

om, Sounds like you are having fun with the shower!

Ok, DH went to get his tooth pulled and ended up with a big abcess, the whole side of his face is swelled up, has to put ice on all the time, and pain pills. We have a bunch of jobs suppose to be out by tomorrow, so been really trying to get some done.. I am pooped, but thank goodness I'm feeling better, after stopping those pills, now if I can just get this stuff done. Dont worry I take breaks so I know I'm not doing too much...

today
    worked alot
    cut up and froze chicken
    have dinner prepped and ready to go

hope you had a wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, your poor hubby! Oh man, I feel for him. I had an abcessed tooth last summer and it was awful awful awful AWFUL. Tell him I'm praying that the pain meds work and he will heal quickly. And so glad to hear you are better!!!!! Just don't overdo because of it. Tempting, though, isn't it? Also glad you will get to see Pastor Jim tomorrow.

SD, thanks for explaining. Poor baby, it must be confusing and embarrassing to her when she falls.

fw, I hope the dishwasher will be easily (and cheaply) fixed.

My kitchen is still messy and my menus are unplanned. Some days are like that.

For Friday:

1) Clean up kitchen
    2) Plan menus
    3) Go to library, Dollar Tree, and Kroger
    4) Help DH with house repairs he's involved in, as needed
    5) Call vet for appt for one of the dogs (rabies shot) and one of the cats (steroid shot)

Have a nice Friday, ladies.
    Last edited by ilovechocolate; 05-21-2015 at 10:38 PM. Reason: addition to list

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just put the last coat of paint on the TV box for Mom, so we can deliver and install that tomorrow, one more piece of that giant puzzle put in place.

I have a medium sized dog crate I salvaged a while back that might work for a table for The Pig. That wouldn't require any work and also wouldn't catch any wind and blow over with the grill on top, so I'm hoping it'll work and she likes it. It's galvanized so shouldn't rust. Now I just have to dig it out but that shouldn't be too bad.

Today I have to clean up the kitchen. I haven't touched it in over a week since we were either gone, exhausted, or too busy, and the dishes have just piled up. Plus I bought some new dishes that got added to the wash pile from GW and the city-wide sales and some I bought new and hadn't gotten to yet, so there's quite a mountain out there now. I hate washing dishes but I guess I can't complain, because dirty dishes mean we have plenty of good food to eat. But my finger seems to be sealed up nicely so I can't use that for an excuse anymore.

I put my new blue carnival glass bowl in the fridge for a fruit bowl, which was always the plan, and I absolutely love it. It doesn't take much space but it holds a lot of oranges and apples, all sitting there just ready to eat. Perfect.

I hope I can get to notching the shelving that goes in the new entertainment center that's still not done and still cluttering up the living room. The table with the TV box is sitting in front of it now, but when that dries a little more I can put that on the pool table out of the way so I have space to work. It shouldn't take long to do and then that would be ready to move into place. It's supposed to be rainy Sunday and Monday so if I get it ready, we'd be able to work on that when we can't be outside.

I'm glad we're getting to some of this stuff. It'll help with our own gigantic puzzle here at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are all sick here.already made my morning perzonal phone calls and business ones. Finished my BIble study.
    for the weekend
    keep up house
    take flowers to cementery,
    some shopping

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om---I hope all of you feel better soon.