2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 66
Page 66 of 271 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976116166 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the little garden patch weeded and prepped, so we better buy our plants this weekend. Maybe we can plant some stuff in the next week or two. The bunching onions and walking onions are both doing very well after about five years.

I'm thinking of ripping out the strawberries since we never get any anyway, and the currant bush too. Luckily, we don't have a resident snapping turtle in that bed this year.

Found out the boy loves to eat dandelion flowers. Everything is food in his eyes. What a weirdo!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok laundry is going on the second load right now. Kitchen is somewhat clean have run the dishwasher twice already I went through the boys clothes. Bagged up a great big garbage bag full to give away. Told dh to give it to his coworker with a little one. I need to finish cleaning the house and by that time dh should be home. We are going to put in our plants today. We got cukes, tomatoes, rhubarb, and peppers. Just going to go with about half of what we did last year. DH wants us to be in the garden over an hour each every day. I told him I don't have time. He said make time. I said start helping out with the house then. Ya right!!! I'm thinking when the kids are older we can do a lot more with the garden. Just in that stage of life right now where some things need to be cut back on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got errands done today but no dishes. Sadly, I'm not expecting the dishwashing fairies to bail me out during the night, so they'll still be there tomorrow.

Someone at GW slipped up. I got a 500+ page Chinese cookbook for $2! NOT half price! I like that it has the nutritional info with each recipe. I try not to buy cookbooks that don't. This one came out in 2003 so not that old.

We got our garden stuff, too. Not very much. Husby was all hot to buy flowers, so I told him to get whatever he wanted as long as he planted them and took care of them. Suddenly he couldn't find anything he liked. Sure.

The roofers are done and paid for. What a relief! Can't wait for it to rain now and see what doesn't happen in our screen porch, which has been leaking for ten years in spite of numerous people trying to fix it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok went through those clothes check. I finished about three-four loads of laundry check. Made some breakfast burritos for the freezer check. Cleaned out the kids toys and got rid of a LOOOOOT of them check. I also finished the general picking up of my house and vacuumed. I lit two candles to help the house smell pretty. I need to go outside and help dh finish putting the plants in. Tomorrow I am going to finish going through the office. I think Sunday I will bake bread, zucchini cake, and go through my coupons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Hey WTG on that cookbook!! If you run into something with lower sodium, please feel free to post, I love chinese food but cant find anything I can have yet. Well except steamed veggies , and I dont consider that chinese! WTG on the roof!! You can have our rain, suppose to rain all weekend, ugh

ilc, I missed P Jim, sob... Your kids going to be home for the weekend? Dh says Thank you, he's feeling better, kinda

om, get well soon

Niko. thinking about you.

jayceef12, WTG!

tgif, I am So pooped, and we have to keep going, DH called the dentist, his eye is swelled up, if it doesnt go down he has to go to the er and have a antibiotic drip put in... so far its ok.

Todays list
    emptied dishwasher
    got a big job out
    grocery list

I hope everyone has a relaxing and fun weekend!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, Chinese probably is high in sodium because of various sauces, but I'll keep an eye out for something good with lower sodium.

It's supposed to be rainy here Sunday and Monday. The roofer said he'd call early next week to see if everything it okay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, your poor husband, hoping he doesn't have to go to the ER

Well DH found someone through a friend to do the porch so they will be out tomorrow to break up the old one. Not what I had planned for my weekend. I came home from work and cut the back yard, then had to take all the patio furniture, bbq, 2 large planters, ect. off of the porch. I then dug up most of my plants in the flower beds around the porch that I want to salvage before they get crushed from the workers. At least it's still early and hopefully the plants will make it. My back and shoulders are paying for it. DH will be upset that I carried it all off the porch by myself but he isn't getting home from work tonight until sometime past 10pm (started at 6am) so I don't want him to have to do it. He still has to get up early tomorrow and take the railing off. The men are getting here at 8am.

I will just be glad when this porch is finally done the right way. We have been living with this for 12 years. Kinda sounds like you SD with your roof.

Saturday
    1 - cut front lawn
    2 - get haircut
    3 - dailies
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yup. It's always such a relief to get a big problem corrected, especially if you've lived with it for years. It's going to be worth the work and pain. Kudos to you for taking it on and not waiting for your tired husband. Sounds like a lot of work to do alone. Take it easy tomorrow if you can. But how exciting to get it done! Take some pics to show us, if you're comfortable with that. I bet the difference will be amazing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Saturday is going to be a full day with a parade in the morning and a Sweet 16 party in the afternoon, but I can't let the other stuff slide. So, by 9:02 tomorrow night, I will have:

1. Washed/Dried/Put Away the laundry for DH and I
    2. Created the grocery list and paired up the coupons for the trip
    3. Vacuumed the living room
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have some must-do's today.

1. Wash lots and lots of dishes. Why do I hate that job so much? It just irritates the heck out of me, especially having to hand wash the dishes before they go in the dishwasher. Why do I have a dishwasher?

2. Wash rugs. Our old dog can't make it out the door in time sometimes and they stink. But she'll need them when it's rainy and she comes in with wet feet which is supposed to be tomorrow, or else she'll hurt herself falling on that metal frame around the dog doors when she slips. So I have to get them taken care of and back on the floor instead of laying outside so they don't stink up the house.

Those are the main ones today, but I want to get at some other things, too.

3. Get the shelves in the new entertainment center.

4. Prep salads to use up the romaine in the fridge before it goes bad.

5. Try that stupid little Weber grill again in hopes it'll actually work this time.

I stepped on my scale today and was shocked to see I was down two pounds since yesterday. I guess all those thousands and thousands of steps paid off last week, moving Mom's stuff. I passed a decade mark and hope the last one stays gone forever now. This is the least I've weighed in over five years. I should be able to move down a jeans size soon, since I've lost 12 pounds since 1/1. Tracking my food and having a Fitbit has made such a huge difference, and being accountable every morning when I step on my scale and my weight is automagically uploaded for my coach to look at keeps me accountable and in line. I found out yesterday that not only am I getting this sixteen-week program to help me learn to stay on track, but once that's done I'll be followed for at least eight months more! I'm so excited about that! Prevent, combined with WW, is going to save my life. The two of them dovetail very well so what one lacks, the other provides. Together they are a near-perfect program, at least for me. Finally I feel like there might be some hope for me to lose weight and keep it off. I joined Prevent because our health insurance offered to pay for it, but after being on it for a while now and seeing how much it's helping me, I would gladly pay for it and WW too. It's the program I've been hoping for for years and years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, we are puppy-sitting DD's boyfriend's family's 5-week old Lab puppy for the weekend while they are out of town. Oh, she's so sweet. She's black and roly-poly and adorable. She's already crate-trained so that helps. Not potty trained, so we have lots of puppy pads all over the floors. She's taking her mid-morning nap right now. We played and played for a solid hour and it wore her out.

Got yesterday's list done.

For Saturday:

1) Take care of puppy
    2) Sweep den, kitchen, and breakfast room
    3) Record recent expenditures
    4) Help DH as needed

Have a great Saturday, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In a week or so I will have my new glasses so I will be able to see to read all these posts instead of them running together.

Everyone is gone so I am deep cleaning the family room. Sweeping and mopping . Stripped our beds and washing it. Stripped the sectional of the dog covers and washing them. The dog is quite upset.

Also changing the cat litter here

Supper is barbecued chicken and pasta salad.

If it warm-up laying I n the sun this weekend

Also putting flowners on parents graves

Be safe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did a load of laundry this morning before work and will put in dryer when I get home.

Unload dishwasher and reload with whatever is there.

Pick a portion of the kitchen counter that has totally gotten away from me and throw away or put away.

Stop on way home and get milk, bread and cat food. Out of all three. Sigh...

That's enough for when I get home. I could sure use a nap but I don't see that happening. Was awake half of the night.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh pinetree your poor hubby ouch! Went through my recipe cupboard mostly cleaned up. Going to switch laundry and take the boys outside. I really can't do much with my filing cabinet yet as my two year old won't leave my side House is much better. I should be able to do a general clean up today. I need to finish laundry too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I am back (after working 3 nights). I am sorry for being not so good in posting, but at least I am checking in regularly . And I managed to make a pillow cover for one of my ugly made from leftover scrap material, so I can use it in the new place. I sew by hand so things like that take time, but I like the end result that makes up for it. To do for today:

1. Go grocery shopping. Check
    2. Do the dishes.
    3. Prepare dinner for tonight.

Not a very long or challenging list but these are the 3 things I have to do. Anything else is surplus as I am not taking a nap and staying up late, but can't make too much noice for the neighbours.