2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 67
Page 67 of 271 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All I've accomplished so far today is spend money. There were a couple of things I should have bought at GW yesterday and didn't, so we decided to go into town again. Ouch, ouch, ouch! $35 for sale meats at the grocery store, which we only went into to drop off an old letter to the guy who had that great sale last weekend to clean out his aunty's house as he tries to get her estate all settled. We found the letter in the dresser we bought for Mom to use for a TV stand, so wanted to return it.

Bought a bunch more plants we hadn't planned on at the greenhouse, too. I hope I can keep the boy from eating the eggplants this year. I nurtured them so carefully last year and was just waiting to experiment with them and ~poof~ they were gone. He's just an eating machine. He was eying the petunias when we got home already.

Then of course we hit a couple garage sales while we were at it. Didn't find much but got one big score I'm thrilled about. We could see this sale from GW and it was PACKED with people, so bad they were standing in the driveway unable to get into the garage. So we said punt and went to do other things. We drove by later and could see from a couple blocks away that the crowd had dispersed, so we stopped. Right out front they had something I had been looking for for years, a diamond plate truck box in good condition for cheap. They had it marked $35 and Husby decided to go for broke and offer $25, which they accepted immediately. Wow! It's a Husky brand which is a big brand around here, and it's in perfect condition, not even weathered. The inside is like new and still has the tool tray in it. It's exactly what I wanted for a dock box to stash our life jackets and HydroBike accessories and to double as a bench down there. It could not be more perfect! We couldn't believe it was still there, given that huge crowd that had been there. We said that to the sellers and they said they had forgotten about the box because it was sitting in their back yard, so they had just brought it out right before we got there. It was meant to be! We've looked for one over the years for various purposes, but they were always too expensive and/or in rough shape, or they were plastic which we didn't want. Now all we have to do is figure out the best way to bolt it to the dock. So glad now I changed my mind about the stuff I didn't buy at GW yesterday! It looks like a new one like it would have cost us about $300, and we don't want/need one that badly.

I think we're going to blow off the rest of today and go help Mom get some things done, like pot some of her plants she bought and get the stand set up for The Pig and see if she likes it. I hope we get home in time for me to do some dishes though. We're running out of flatware! Can't have that.
    Last edited by Spirit Deer; 05-23-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So, I started out the day by spending money we really didn't have, when we took the kids to the diner for breakfast, before the parade. However, that is our parade tradition, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Then, DH took our oldest boy to his baseball game and I took the other three kids to the parade. When the parade was over, I took those kids home and my Dd babysat the little guys while I went to the second half of Ds1's game.

Came home, and did one thing on the to-do list, which was to create the grocery list and match up the coupons, so I am ready to shop tomorrow morning.

Then, I did half of something else on the list...washed and dried Dh and my laundry, and what needed to be hung is hung and what needs to be folded and put away is in the basket, on my bed, and I'll put that away during Outlander, tonight, although tonight's episode is going to be pretty intense, so I might have to do it earlier.

As for the third thing...I have Dd vacuuming the living room right now.

I am about to print a card for my niece and then am taking three of the kids to the sweet 16 and my Dh and youngest son will meet us there later. We'll eat there, so I don't have to worry about dinner, and we kind of picked our way through the fridge and pantry for lunch.

It's been a good day, but it's about to become a long, tiring one, because entertaining a 4 year old at a Sweet 16 party is definitely a challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think I got anything done from my list today, even the must-do's. We ended up going into town twice and wasting time and money, and then went over to Mom's and did some chores for her. The salvaged dog crate will work nicely to hold The Pig and she likes it, and we got her flowers potted for her and her patio tomato moved outside. We bought lots of flowers and some veggie plants, so I hope something comes of those this year. We didn't buy any flowers last year so we're telling ourselves it's okay to spend twice as much this year. That's the way it works, right?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spirit Deer, you may not have gotten anything done off of your to-do, but it sounds like a productive day, nonetheless!

Today I want to:

Wash the car
    Do the kids laundry
    Clean the Kitchen

Already on number one...we'll see how the rest go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I have to do dishes. I'm starting to forget what the kitchen sink looks like, and we're out of knives. Besides, I may actually have to cook something again pretty soon.

I sorted the plants and now I'm trying to match them up with pots and also trying to figure out why we have a 12x28 deck we can't set any plants on because someone will eat them. And then again, if we set them down on the ground, someone else will eat them. Trying to grow stuff to eat in a woodland full of critters who also like tasty things is a huge challenge. But maybe we need to put things on the deck and never allow the boy out there without constant supervision. He's pretty sneaky. The eggplant can go in the little garden area, where he won't be allowed. Hope the raccoons don't like eggplant.

I'm going to have Husby sort the pile of old lumber today that we ripped off the old deck/ramp we rebuilt in the dog yard last year. It all got piled on the table garden, and I want radishes! As luck would have it, we got that job done just in the nick of time because our old girl is having more problems with steps now. Every time I look outside at the sturdy new ramp and rails and steps all ready to keep her safe, I'm so happy we did the big push last fall to get it done.

Still have to wash rugs. Stinky job, but it has to be done, right away. Ew.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking care of the visiting puppy is so fun, but I'll be glad when she goes home tomorrow!

I plan on being as lazy as possible today. But a few things HAVE to get done.

For Sunday:

1) Wash dishes (I'm right there with you, SD)
    2) Put away clean dish towels
    3) Take care of puppy
    4) Not much else

Have a good Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Did a load of laundry this morning before work and will put in dryer when I get home.

Unload dishwasher and reload with whatever is there.

Pick a portion of the kitchen counter that has totally gotten away from me and throw away or put away.

Stop on way home and get milk, bread and cat food. Out of all three. Sigh...

That's enough for when I get home. I could sure use a nap but I don't see that happening. Was awake half of the night.
    Well... It's Sunday afternoon and I don't have that list done. What I HAVE done out of it is

Stopped and got the milk, bread and cat food plus 2 lg canisters Coffee Mate for stockpile since it was Saturday and the $5 off $25 and I needed fillers to make the $25. Coffee Mate was on my "need to stockpile" list so it worked.

Got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded with what was there. Should finish being full today. Pots and pan are always by hand and in the process of that now.

Got the laundry load in the dryer with my tee shirts hung to dry but all of it is still in the dryer. Sigh

Nothing on the counter yet put away/thrown away/ ... and nothing is putting itself away.

So on the list left to do is
    Start the dishwasher
    Put the laundry in dryer away
    At least a LITTLE of the counter done. Why are counters a catch all?

Off work tomorrow too so might be able to get more done. Don't feel well. Woke up to an upset stomach and just a general feel like sh*)_
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the dishwasher filled and running, hand washed an entire rack stacked up to the bottom of the cabinet of nothing but plastic lids, washed the rugs and hung them out, fed the furry things, and now I'm relaxing a bit. The counter is still full of all the plastic dishes that go with the lids, most of which are new, so it's not as bad as it sounds. But both sinks are clear! I don't know if I'll have the energy for Round Two so that might have to wait. No idea where I'm going with all these new dishes either, but once I can clear out the top shelf in the upright freezer, it shouldn't be a problem because I'm going to designate that whole shelf for OAMC WW cooking, and woe to anyone who violates the sanctity of the Shelf of Healthful Goodness, including me. I'm finally gathering a decent collection of WW recipes for meals I can freeze, and all of the dishes I bought are going to be used specifically for that, plus the Corningware that gets used for everything. So a lot of the dishes will always have something in them on a rotating basis so I won't need as much cabinet space to store empty containers. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it. Most of the dog food containers are clean now too, and usually they're in the freezer, but now I have to store those, too. Suddenly I own a whole bunch of that cheap plasticware I hate, but just as suddenly have a need for. At least it stacks together nicely.

This is how my luck goes. Mom had surgery about two weeks ago and while she was there, we went to WM so I could look for plastic divided dishes to freeze WW salisbury steak in so the gravy doesn't invade the mac and cheese. Being WM, of course thye didn't have what I wanted, so I bought what they had. And then the next week I got the exact ones I wanted brand new at GW, twice as many for half the price. Guess I can't complain though. I do have a knack for finding great deals (coughdiamondplatetoolboxcough) and Husby can use the bigger divided ones from WM for his lunches since he likes bigger portions. At least until he starts complaining because they're not as nice as his beloved Pyrex and Corningware.

Can you believe Husby didn't want to buy that truck box? I wasn't going to back down on that one! Good thing I carry around my own money, although he did end up paying for it after I explained to him the error of his ways and pointed out what a great dock box that's going to be. Some days he practically makes my hair stand on end, because with something like that, it wouldn't be there long and someone else would have swooped in and bought it while he procrastinated. Good thing one of us can be decisive.

Still no plants in the ground or in pots, but Husby did clear off the table garden which needs dirt added to it, and washed the van which desperately needed it. Hmmm, remove the dirt from one and add dirt to the other. Too bad there isn't a way to make those two things coincide.

Is it really Sunday? I had lost track. So much happening so fast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The puppy goes home today! I really will miss her, because she's sweet as can be, but I'm ready to have my downstairs back.

For Monday:

1) Hang flag outside DONE
    2) Make red and blue jello for dessert
    3) Sweep and mop den, kitchen, and breakfast room (when puppy leaves)
    4) Clean screened porch

Have a good Memorial Day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Well... It's Sunday afternoon and I don't have that list done. What I HAVE done out of it is

Stopped and got the milk, bread and cat food plus 2 lg canisters Coffee Mate for stockpile since it was Saturday and the $5 off $25 and I needed fillers to make the $25. Coffee Mate was on my "need to stockpile" list so it worked.

Got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded with what was there. Should finish being full today. Pots and pan are always by hand and in the process of that now.

Got the laundry load in the dryer with my tee shirts hung to dry but all of it is still in the dryer. Sigh

Nothing on the counter yet put away/thrown away/ ... and nothing is putting itself away.

So on the list left to do is
    Start the dishwasher
    Put the laundry in dryer away
    At least a LITTLE of the counter done. Why are counters a catch all?

Off work tomorrow too so might be able to get more done. Don't feel well. Woke up to an upset stomach and just a general feel like sh*)_
    All done except start the dishwasher and going to wait on that until this evening as there's still room.
    Not a LOT done on counter but did the LITTLE I said I would. Will work just a little bit more on that today as I'm able.

Also got both doggy babies bathed and brushed and all the pots and pans hand washed AND put away. Added plus .. made sloppy joes yesterday ( thanks Spirit ) and made enough to have either today or tomorrow. Possibly both.

On the list for the rest of the day if possible.

Take one of the babies for a nail trim. Guess take the other one next week. I can't handle both at one time. Wish I could do this myself but I can't. The one is like a writhing pit of snakes wriggling. Just not happening.

At least a few of the clothes that's been dumped on that dang couch.

Maybe mop the downstairs ( add on ) ... this one depends on my back at the time
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe the puppy can visit again sometime. For a short time. Like fifteen minutes.

I just got back from a walk in the rain. I'm feeling very sloth-like because it's dark and rainy, but I needed the steps. I love the smell of the woods in the rain.

When Husby added the new dirt to the table garden, the bottom started to come out of it. We knew when we built it several years ago that the old wooden door we used for the bottom wouldn't last long. We're actually surprised it lasted as long as it did. But now that has to be rebuilt. We got a lead on some potentially free pallets, so I'll have to check on that and see if we could get some. We could use quite a few for the table and another bigger project. Free lumber would be great!

Husby put the dock panels back on and I walked out on it this morning. I've missed the dock! Still have to level it and put the legs down. I love that sound the legs make when they drop into the water. It sounds like summer.

We got most of the plants potted yesterday. We put two hanging baskets of flowers out on the birdfeeder hooks and right away had hummingbirds. I think maybe that's the solution to buying expensive hummingbird feeders that leak all over the place and just get destroyed by the bears and raccoons.

I looked at the new dock box some more and it does need a little work to make it right for our purposes, but I'm still just as tickled we found it and so cheap, too. The work it needs won't be much. The inside needs some light cleaning but is in great shape. It still has the storage tray for small items, which also only needs light cleaning. We have to figure out how to attach the box to the dock panels and then attach the dock panels to the dock framing. Otherwise, we're afraid someone would just pick up the box and the panels along with it. We may not be able to attach it till next year because I'm not going to get wet attaching it! But it's going to hold a nice amount of stuff in a very small space down there. So lucky!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Memorial Monday everyone!!

Welcome Amyboz, havent seen you in along time.

Niko, WTG on your lists!

ilc, Its always fun babysitting puppys, but it is sure so nice when they go home, I miss mine, they have all passed. Hope you enjoy being lazy!!

SD, you are going like crazy, as usual!!lol Still cant wait to see those bikes on the water!!

Jen, RABBIT, Ayanka, OM, Jay, hope you are having a relaxing day.

Dh is feeling better, got all of the jobs out, resting.. I am not sleeping again, so am not moving, may try and go outside, the sun is finally out, and no rain for a change.
    My fitbit just sits here looking at me,,lol .. I have no energy, maybe tomorrow, my steps have gone down to nothing.... aw well...

Going to try and post more, have been trying to catch up on things, then I just go to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have a right to take it easy, Pinetree. Your Fitbit will wait patiently for you to be ready for adding steps.

I can't wait to see our bikes on the water either! The issue we have right now is how to pull them up on shore after we use them, because the FD insulated with foam insulation under a bush so the water line in the lake won't freeze in winter, and there's a bush growing over the foam. It's in the way of pulling our bikes out, but we can't remove it because then the foam will erode away and the water line will freeze and someone's house could burn down because they can't pump water out of the lake to fight a fire. Not sure what we're going to do. We have some ideas involving pallets, so I'm hoping we can get some and that our ideas work. We also have to figure out how to secure the bikes so they're less likely to be stolen. Why can't people just leave other people's stuff alone. :poff: We did cut the bush down to the ground but we really need to get rid of it completely and remove the hump it sits on.

It's pouring rain outside! For the first time in ten years, it's not pouring rain in the screen room! I like that! It's weird though because the roofers put on some kind of underlayment that melts onto the roof decking or maybe the shingles melt on to the underlayment. I didn't get that part. Anyway, there's this nice pad of underlayment, an extra barrier under the shingles, which are really good shingles btw, not like the cheap ones that came with the house. So the underlayment and thicker shingles means we can't hear the rain on the roof anymore. I'll miss that, but it's a good trade for a dry house. I guess this means we'll finally have to rip the T&G off the screen porch ceiling and reinstall it, since it has some water damage that caused expansion and it doesn't fit quite right anymore. But finally we can finish that off! Don't know when though. It would be a good project for when the bugs are bad, maybe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's a long but interesting article on how the food manufacturers manipulate our food and therefore us. It makes me even more determined to limit the processed foods coming into our house.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/ma...agewanted=all&

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spoke too soon. $9,000 and the roof is still leaking. So disappointed. The roofer just left and will be back in the morning. He said he'll get it fixed if it takes all summer, and that it won't cost us any more. I hope so on both counts. This is the problem we've had all along, nobody can figure out why it's leaking and what to do about it. We got the new roof now even though the old shingles had a few more years in them because we thought an entire new roof would surely fix the leaks. What the heck is going on?