2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 68
Page 68 of 271 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have managed to take the whole weekend off and will pay tomorrow.
    Dh did both lawns.
    I grilled enough burgers for 3 days. Opened a can of beans.
    Needed a break. Dmom finally got Ddads stone set from Sept 2013.

Making a list tomorrow to really focus.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

do 4 loads of laundry-1 washed,1 in washer
    put away 3 loads of laundry-done
    DW unload-done
    mix a spice cake
    make a vat of tea
    work an hour in the bedroom cleaning (transfer school supplies to hope chest out of bins)
    lets start there after 3 days of lolligagging
    vaccumn downstairs-again
    clean out potato bin
    rotate and fill pills
    wash bedding
    change cat litter
    fabrese new furniture
    box up 3 tubs of cookbooks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's going to be a full day here.

The roofer is coming to experiment with the roof some more to see if it's still going to leak. I sure hope we don't have a dry summer or this might never get solved. So I have to be around for him.

Then I need to wash up a mountain of plastic ware so I can get that off the cupboard and stored who knows where.

I need to get a start on my column which I haven't even thought about in weeks. Not good.

I need to go for a walk first thing before the roofer comes, or I won't get it done.

I hope I can get the prep work done for moving into the new TV cabinet, so when Husby gets home from work we can finally move into that. That means cleaning up the entire living room and also clearing a space in the back porch for the bookcase the TV is on now. It could get interesting.

Need to throw some chicken in the Crock-Pot for supper, too. It's been marinating so that part's done. Maybe we should grill it instead. Nah, we'll be busy with the TV cabinet. I need to make coleslaw to go with the chicken, too.

Husby was home on vacation (some vacation, working our butts off!) for the past 12 days. There's nothing like having a husband underfoot to help a person get behind on housework.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

do 4 loads of laundry-1 washed,1 in washer
    put away 3 loads of laundry-done
    DW unload-done
    mix a spice cake
    make a vat of tea
    work an hour in the bedroom cleaning (transfer school supplies to hope chest out of bins)
    lets start there after 3 days of lolligagging
    vaccumn downstairs-again
    clean out potato bin
    rotate and fill pills
    wash bedding
    change cat litter
    fabrese new furniture
    box up 3 tubs of cookbooks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The puppy has gone home and I didn't mop.

So for today:

1) MOP
    2) Work on some financial stuff with DH DONE
    3) Reset downstairs
    4) Menus for the week
    5) Clean litter boxes
    6) Wash up a lot of dishes

Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I finally have all the plastics in the entire house clean, except of course the stuff that has food in it. Now it's a mountain drying in the rack, stacked up to the bottom of the cabinet again instead of piled on the counter. Still don't know where I'm going to put it all. But I love having the right containers for the tasks I bought them for. It helps me so much when I create WW meals for the freezer and fridge, so I get the right portions every time without having to think about it.

I rearranged the pantry and put in one of the new folding shelves I had to run back to GW for last Saturday, which as you all know because I can't shut up about it I consider to be a very fortunate thing indeed. Not sure I like the shelf where it is but I'll figure it out eventually. I have a second shelf to put in too. Not sure where I'll put that one.

Dragged out the old Crock-Pot with the chipped liner because I was so sure the new liner I got a while back at GW would fit it, and I wanted to try it out. Nope, no go. That's the second liner I've wasted money on so I give up. I'll just use the chipped liner till the CP dies or the liner breaks and call it good. It looks ugly and has stuff on the base that won't wash off, but I still like it and decided to use it in spite of how it looks. No one sees it but us and we know it's clean, so why not? Gotta make space in the pantry for that CP, too. It's been stored elsewhere for a couple years now.

The chicken's in the crock so that's an easy supper. Still have to make the coleslaw. Sure is nice to be getting the kitchen whipped back into shape so I feel like doing more cooking again. I hate when we get so busy and things just pile up. It seems like it takes forever to get caught up.

No walk yet. No roofer either. He was supposed to be here at nine but called at 10:30 to say he'd be here in an hour. Now it's noon and still no roofer. I hope he comes today sometime. I'd be more annoyed if I wasn't home all day, but I would like to get my walk in and can't leave the house till he's done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Omgoodness
    I got the 4 loads of laundry done,the 4 others put away. some of the closet organized. Dw emptied.some of the bedding washed,dog bowls cleaned, The spice cake made w/ frosting,cleaned part of the LR floor and walls,moved in 1 chair and cleaned that,cleaned 2 tubs for cookbooks and filled them.
    Washed the picture window -inside

Still no potato bins cleaned
    no vaccumning
    I need to clean 2 more Cookbook tubs and fill them.
    Still have to check and put away the jeans load
    Is it napping time yet?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The sun is shining, this hasnt happened for a week now, its suppose to be warm, 70, so maybe we can turn the heat off, finally? rain suppose to be back in a couple days.. ugh..

Ilc, thank you so much for the surprise, Gerogia bbq sauce, I cannot wait to cook a pork shoulder to try it out!!
    Are you missing your puppy? I use to get kinda sad after mine went home, but then I dont have dogs, those weiner dogs were kinda wild and I spoiled them somethng horrible

SD, I am SO sorry your roof is still leaking, what a drag, hope they can fix it today. Waiting for my fitbit to ask me if i'm still alive!! lo

FW, wow, thats on heck of a list!

Jen, hope you are doing better!

Niko, sorry about the vet being closed!

Hugs to everyone else

Waiting for Dr to call to see what we are going to do with the statins, seems like its always something..

list
    boil eggs
    go outside?
    find something for dinner

Have a beautiful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Fitbit wants to know why I'm not walking 13,000 steps per day now that we're done moving my mom. LOL. J/K. Mom, btw, is doing great in the new place. She said yesterday she loves it more and more there. She had some deer in her yard the other day and keeps seeing more and more birds.

I've been out playing with the new dock box and doing some minor mods to it. Love that thing!

Roofer's here! TTYL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc, I'm jealous you got a puppy for the weekend! I need to find someone that I can puppysit for! Beastie would love to play with a puppy.

SD, sorry about the roof, I'm hoping our project goes well.

Busy weekend and we didn't get done anything that we had planned on! We had a few different repairs that weren't even on the radar that we had to tackle. (won't even get into those) The men came to rip the old cement out and then DH had to replace all the wood against the house because it had rotted. So they have to come back sometime this week to finish it. Right now it looks like a giant sandbox off of the back of my house. I had the door wall open yesterday and didn't realize that because it was windy, we got sand all over my kitchen!

We had a few different old friends pop over this weekend that we haven't seen in a while so that was nice to see them. The unspoken code at our house is, if the garage door is up and you're driving by, stop in. I had a long weekend and didn't get anything done in my house so I guess I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Wednesday
    1 - cook chicken in crockpot
    2 - clean both bathrooms
    3 - wash all floors
    4 - vacuum carpets and furniture
    5 - laundry
    6 - mend dog blanket

I know there's more to do but can't think of what.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have lots of days like that, Rabbit. That's why some days I don't even try to plan. Today I got derailed because the roofers put a ladder in front of my door while I was outside. The other doors into the house were locked, so suddenly I was motivated to clean up the dock box instead of working in the house, so I dragged out the hose and a brush and got that taken care of, not that it was very dirty. I also used the radial saw and shaved off some of the flange on the tool tray that goes into it, so now it slides nicely instead of binding, found a longer prop rod for the lid since the gas struts are shot (don't care, still a bargain at twice the price ), removed the screws in the padlock hasp because we're going to use bolts instead, and added a tool clip to clip the prop rod to the underside of the lid so it's always easy to find. Then I cleaned it up. It looked good before but it looks really nice now. It was all worthwhile and I had to do it sometime.

Hope you can get your steps taken care of quickly, Rabbit. It's hard to have projects like that in the works and not getting done.

Our roofers came and did something with some eight inch wide tape, and said they'd be back tomorrow morning to do something else because what they did today had to dry or something. They were admiring the dock box. I told them where we had gotten it and what we paid for it, and they were as amazed as we were. One of them said, "But that's a $300 or $400 box!" I said I know. He just laughed and said I knew my tools. He got that right! The other one said he had sold his used one for $180. I knew it was a great deal because I've been looking at them forever, both new and used.

Still have to make coleslaw. I've been thinking about getting rid of a bunch of stuff from the storage above the water heater instead of thinking about things I should be thinking about. I could store small appliances there because it's right by the kitchen, and all that's in it now is stuff I don't care much about, for the most part. The shelves in there are some I put in when the house was new just for something temporary. That was at least fifteen years ago, and I could put in deeper shelves to hold more appliances and get them out of the pantry. Will have to give that more thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ME! Me! raising hand and waving,,, I'll babysit!

RABBIT, CAN you HeAR ME???
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nooo thanks on the pup. I just got Mikey trained after he had accidents by the door for a year!. He would drink the whole water bowl and then lose it. Messed up from the quanset hut rescue he came from. Then it took 6 more months to convince him to go #2 on the grass not the deck. Some days he still slips and he's over 2. Ds left him w/ us when he shipped out and we are too old and tired for all that energy.

Conked out for awhile and DH is on the BC/BS interview tonight so no vaccumn for a bit. I did find the 2 other tubs for cookbooks were new so I didn't have to wash them. I will try and push to finish that project tonight. There is a very bad storm warning for tonight until 10 p.m. though so I expect to lose power.
    I plan to finish a lot of this tomorrow. I just wish i could have gotten all the furniture in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I added a custom seasoning blend to my chicken just now and thought of you. The blend is just garlic flakes and red pepper flakes in a small pepper grinder. I got the idea in a grocery store a couple weeks ago when I saw a big grinder full of sea salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic flakes. They had other blends, too. I opted not to buy the store version because the main ingredient in all of them was salt, and because I didn't want to spend $7 apiece on something I could get at home using what I already have for like three cents. So anyway I mixed up the red pepper flakes and garlic flakes to give those a try and I like that. So I was thinking if you're like me and like lots of flavor on things, maybe you could benefit from this idea. It's simple and quick, just add any variety of herbs and spices to a pepper grinder and select the texture you want. I like it coarse, myself. But you wouldn't need a recipe, just add in the flavors you like and experiment for some instant salt-free seasonings.

If you like condiments with high flavor and some heat, you could try this:

Raw Chili-Garlic Sauce
    1 large Anaheim pepper, chopped
    1 small jalapeno, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 1/2 t. sugar
    1 1/2 T. white vinegar
    Process in food processor to a coarse texture. Store in glass jar in fridge. Makes about 2/3 cup. Serve on meats or whatever sounds good. You can use milder peppers if you prefer and more or less garlic to your taste.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!! I'm back!

SD I love reading your posts, I feel like I know you. WTG on the dock box! I never find stuff like that...I don't go to yard sales much, so that probably explains it. I'm so glad your Mom is happy in the new place.

Pinetree, I was on statins for a while and finally told the doctor that they were never passing my lips again! I already had Fibro, I didn't need that pain, too. Do you have high cholesterol, or is this because you have diabetes? I can't remember if you have diabetes or not. My doc prescribed them just because of my diabetes, I never had high cholesterol. So I just quit taking them, and he was fine with it.

Tomorrow:

1. Call Frigidaire and find out what the heck is wrong with my dishwasher. I'm ready to just take it back!
    2. Cut out a few aprons from canvas and start sewing them.
    3. Chop up the last of the spinach from the garden and get it into the freezer.

Have a fabulous day, Everyone!

Jen