hope to move in a second chair
    need to pick up pills and a few groc.
    shave legs
    shower
    work 1 hr. in the bedroom
    potato bin
    and way back on the list-shred papers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I need to eat better. Yesterday wasn't good. It didn't really hurt me any but it will if I don't straighten up. I already had a 5 point breakfast burrito and properly weighed and tracked everything so I'm off to a good start.

I've called all over northern Minnesota already this morning and nobody carries the stock keys that would replace the missing keys for the new dock box. It has a padlock hasp on it so we can lock it once we bolt that back on, but I'd like to have keys for the lock it came with too. So it looks like an eBay order. What the heck did we do before eBay?

Still need to clean up the LR so we can move into the new TV cabinet but I think we need to do errands tonight, so probably won't get that done today anyway.

Seriously need to get started on my column. Why is the first sentence always so difficult?

Called around and the lumberyard is the cheapest place to get pallets. They charge $2 each and the money is donated to the school, so that decision is made. There's a lot of lumber in a pallet for two measly bucks. They thought we could get a pickup load right now. Pallets make nice firewood for campfires, too, and aren't subject to the laws that prohibit moving firewood due to the emerald ash borer. So I might have to pick some of those up later today. Better remember the tie-downs. Husby said he would build me some covers for the self-watering planters I want to build for gardening on our deck. I don't know when this will happen, but it's going to take lots of lumber we don't really want to pay for, so pallets seem like a good cheap solution. We want to rebuild the table garden with pallets, too.

Waiting on the roofers again.

I guess I don't really know what I'm going to focus on today, except eating correctly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, use that for your first sentence: Why is the first sentence always so difficult?

Ended up taking care of sick DD and sick DH yesterday---some sort of stomach virus. They both feel a little better today but not much. I've had to empty out throw-up buckets a couple of times and put cool damp cloths on heads and back of necks. DD is scheduled to work at 3 but I don't know if she'll make it or not.

For Wednesday:

1) Clean bathrooms
    2) Wash up the dishes piled in the sink
    3) Sweep and mop the tile floors
    4) Do some laundry while it's relatively cool
    5) Put something in the crockpot for supper---probably chicken
    6) Get shopping lists and coupons together

Have a wonderful Wednesday, ladies.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I glad for my quiet life. My friends have to much drama.

Making fried chicken today
    cleaning out the fridge
    bathroom
    sweep and mop

Was gone for 2 days and it went to heck

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The power company guy just showed up. I've been expecting him since last year when the HVAC guy cut the seal on the power box and bypassed the meter that gives us off peak rates for our heat pump last year. Before they did that, we racked up hundreds of dollars in service calls while they tried to figure out why our heat pump wouldn't cool the house. The power company said there was something wrong with the heat pump and the HVAC company said there was something wrong with the meter. After the HVAC guy bypassed the meter, he said he'd call the power company and tell them he'd done that, but the guy today said he'd never called. Why am I not surprised? So the power company guy replaced some parts although he didn't think it made any sense that the power box would be the problem, which I agree it doesn't make any sense. So we'll see what happens. The power guy showed me how to bypass the meter and said to do that if the heat pump won't cool the house, and then call him. So I will. What the HVAC guy said really doesn't make any sense but the fact is inarguable the heat pump cools the house down to meat locker temps as long as the off peak meter is bypassed, and won't cool if the house gets over about 75 degrees if it isn't. So we'll see what happens.

Before the guy left he gave me four free light bulbs which was nice.

Mom's property management people are confused. They think I'm her. Luckily I could help them with what they wanted when they called just now, so they didn't have to bother her.

The roofers just left and it's supposed to rain tonight, so we're all hoping the roof is fixed, finally. I hope it does rain so we find out right away.

I hope the rest of the day is my own now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!! Well it is here anyway!!

My hug, WTG buttons are not working....

RABBIT, I am SO sorry, I read your post as you needed a babysitter, not you wanted to babysit, but I am still available!!

ilc, Oh gosh, hope they are both feeling better soon! Its weird all the bugs going around now. Take care so you dont get sick too!

FW, man your list makes me tired!! Where are you getting the energy?

SD, Thank you So much for the recipe, I am going to make it for sure, Plus I think I will add some tomatoes and make a salsa sauce.
    Will also leave out the heat, I'm a wimp when it comes to hot sauce.

Jen, So glad you are back!! Take it slow so you dont wear yourself out!!
    I am on the statins to keep me from having another heart attack, they keep telling me I have an extreme risk of another one. Yes, I do have the diabetic too. He said I need to keep my blood thin and veins clear.. I am like you I am so tired of being sick and tired.

Niko, Thinking about you.

Well my girl just called we are trying another statin, if this doesnt work she wants me to do an over the counter one.. Will see, I gotta at least try..

Its been 7 months since my heart attack, and it feels like I am still the same,,, ugh
    I started to exercise again yesterday,, one step forward two steps back!

I celebrated by eating a slice of triple chocolate bundt cake, aww chocolate, heaven,,,,yum.....

King soopers had pineapple for $1 Dh got 6, man do they look good, need to ripen then I think I am going to start the tops.. I love fresh pineapple.

today
    exercise
    grocery list
    try and do some walking

Have a wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, if you like just a little heat, try the chili sauce (or salsa) using just the Anaheim. I love Anaheims because they have a little heat to make things interesting but it's not searing like jalapenos can be. You can just leave out the jalapeno. If you don't like any heat, then sub bell peppers for the Anaheim and jalapeno. If you like garlic, add more. Or add some onions if you like those. There are lots of ways to change the recipe. I think tomatoes would be good too, like you say.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, we usually grow them in the garden, the anaheims, then roast them on the grill, peel, seed and freeze. they are wonderful all winter long, we use them on mexican food.
    Dh grows jalapeno, makes a green chili, that he eats himself, its too hot for the rest of us.
    Garlic, we will have plenty, we planted over 100 last fall, they are about 12 inches tall now.

I am grateful you posted it, I can do all kinds of things with it!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. No joy on the sewing. My dailies took longer today, because I was catching up. Frigidaire is sending a repairman out on Monday to look at the dishwasher.

ILC, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and husband! I hope they are better quickly. Take care of yourself, too. Too often we end up ill because we forget to take care of ourselves.

Pinetree, was your heart attack from a blockage? That's the only reason I can think of for taking a statin for that. I'm certainly not a doctor, but there are other medicines that do the same thing. Has your doctor talked to you about those?

Tomorrow:

1. Take apart vacuum cleaner & fix. Hubby used it and now it doesn't suck anything up.
    2. Clear off desk. Seems like every time I turn around there's another pile of paper!
    3. Clean up in laundry room. The repair guy will need to go in there to check the plumbing for the dishwasher.
    4 Dust the ceilings. Why do I always have so many cobwebs? I never see any spiders!

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At 7 am this morning, DH called to tell me that the men were on there way to do the cement. I get up at 5am so it was no big deal. My lawn is a little torn up but the porch is in and it's pitched right with no dips!!!! It rained this afternoon so I was so relived to see the water running back off of the porch instead of toward my house like it had been. There's nothing like people working on your house to motivate you to get stuff done. I got my list done and then some.

SD - crossing my fingers that your roof is finally fixed. Dh gets oak pallets from work that we use for fire wood in the wood burner. They normally throw them out.

pinetree - darn it! I was hoping you didn't catch your mistake. I was going to drop off the 4 dogs and 2 cats and DH and I were going to go on vacation! Ha, ha!! After not eating chocolate for 7 months, I bet that cake was delicious.

ilc - hope you don't end up catching the stomach bug

Jen - how frustrating to not have your dishwasher work properly, hope you can get it fixed quickly

fw - your list reminded me that it's that time of year again that I'm going to have to shave my legs every day again.

oheohs mom - I don't do drama either!

Thursday
    1 - dailies
    2 - clean closet mirrors
    3 - exercise
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I hope you like the sauce. It does sound like you have the veggies to do a lot with it. We love using Anaheims to make pepper poppers. I like them with jalapenos too, but not bunches of them at once, so the Anaheims work better for us. I stuff them with cheese and then wrap them in bacon and grill them. Nothing much healthy there! But we don't have them that often.

Jen, it sounds like you're getting a lot done. It takes a while to catch up sometimes when your schedule gets disrupted.

Rabbit, congrats on getting the new porch in! I'm happy for you it's doing what it should now.

I decided to meet Husby after work today and pick up some pallets, so I backed the truck out of the garage and took the lids off the box and put them in the garage. There was a hummingbird flitting around in there because our garage door opener is red and this guy apparently thought he'd hit the mother lode of a gigantic red blossom. I walked out, making a mental note about the hummingbird and how I didn't want it trapped in the garage to smash itself to death on the windows trying to get out. But it whizzed right by me and headed out into the woods. For some reason my mind didn't really register that fact, so I left. I stopped down on the hydrant to look at the dock area and try to figure out how we could use pallets to make ramps for the bikes down there. I was sitting there in the truck when about eight feet off shore, a loon surfaced like a submarine from the depths. You don't realize how big those guys really are till you see them up close. I enjoyed him for a little while (I love where I live!) and then he dove again and I left. I was halfway to town when I realized I had left the garage door open. Ugh. I don't know why it bothered me because nobody can really see in the door with the trees all leafed out now, but I went home to close it. I hate when stuff like that happens, but better safe than sorry.

I picked up the new bolts for the dock box so the cost of that went up $1.68, big deal. I used some leftover aluminized Eternabond today to close up the slots formerly used to attach the box to a truck, so there shouldn't be any mouse issues now. Once the bolts are in to reinstall the padlock hasp, all that should be left to do with the box is figure out how to attach it to the dock. That's it. I love that it's not a big project. I have enough of those.

We managed to cram eleven pallets into Avvy's minuscule box. That'll be enough to make the ramps I want for the bikes and rebuild the table garden. I hope my idea works for the bikes. We'll be able to get more pallets if we need them, and we don't mind paying for them when the money goes to our local school. I think it's really nice of our lumberyard to do that for our district, and we got a lot of lumber for our $22. I don't think we got any oak but that's okay.

I sure hope I have a more productive day tomorrow. It seems like every time I started doing something, I got interrupted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No pinetree it was just a list today.
    I conked out from yesterday. The only things I accomplished were
    -shop at Big Lot
    -wash a load of winter to store
    -nap
    -make a tentative budget for June and July and close out May.
    I heated pre-made egg rolls and made instant rice for dinner
    I find if I go great one day the old body say-um nope the next. My head may be 30 yo. old but my body...HA!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, there's a body-mind disconnect with me too! There are so many times I wish I had the energy from just a few years ago. Plus, with thin hip bones and other issues, I don't dare do some things I'd like to do.

om, I'm very content to have a drama-less, boring life too.

Jen, good to have you back!

RABBIT, way to go on the porch!

SD, I wish we could find pallets (and everything else) like you do.

pinetree, I'm so glad you enjoyed that piece of chocolate cake. YUM! We love to grill fresh pineapple along with chicken or pork chops. DOUBLE YUM!

DD is somewhat better ---she made it to work yesterday--- and DH is much better. I cooked a bland supper of chicken and rice and he gobbled it up and said it was delicious. He slept better last night, too, which means I slept better.

For Thursday:

1) Mop
    2) Clean bathrooms
    3) Clean dining room
    4) End-of-month finances

Have a good day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I need to:

1. Work on my column.
    2. Take some measurements for dock pole.
    3. Measure for bike ramps.
    4. Make quiche cups.
    5. Install bolts for dock box hasp.
    6. Walk.
    7. Eat right. That should be #1.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I appreciate peace and quiet. I am really boring. Except for reading the Bible I don't do anything except cook, clean.

Today changer sheets,
    sweep and mop
    wash and dry 3 loads.

Alfredo and peas for supper