2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 70
Page 70 of 271 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess I'm doing better getting things done today. I have all but the quiche cups and my column done, and of course the eating right is a work in progress. My walk was only half as long as it should have been because when I was halfway to the destination, our dirt guy came roaring by in his dump truck, so I came home in case he was headed to our place. But no, he went on to the job he's doing before us, I think. That's a good sign though. The dump truck must mean road restrictions are off and that we'll be second on the list. Can't wait to drain the bank account some more and get the ankle-twisting driveway fixed. Guess this means we better get the gutters on the garage ASAP, since most of the driveway erosion happens from the water pouring off the garage roof. At any rate, I'm counting my walk as an entire walk. It was good timing because it started to rain just as I got home. It may have stopped now, not sure, but it was a good enough walk so I'm counting it done.

Found a deer tick on me today, my first ever. Oh, joy. Now I get to wait to see if I have Lyme disease. Chances are I won't, and the tick bite is on my hand so it'll be easy to watch for any developments. It could be worse.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Oh Yuck!! I am scared to death of ticks. My Uncle was the first one in Co to survive Rocky Mt. spotted fever, I have never checked into it tho.. Ticks arent out here yet, its still snowing in the mountains! Wow are you guys getting alot done!, did your roof quit leaking?

ilc, Oh my Gosh, I didnt even think about grilling the pineapple,,, oh geez, pulled pork, with special sauce with grilled pineapple, and smoked corn on the cob... I Need To Put My Request in for this weekend!!! Oh yum, Glad everyone in feeling better!

Jen, Its so nice to have you back!
    I had blood clots in my lungs when I went to the hosiptal, my angieplasy (cant spell that one!) showed no blockages in my heart, but did find the lower part of my heart is dead. I dont know why I had the attack, since I waited so long to go in. I just had all the legs tests ran to make sure I have no clots. I dont know how to answer your question, but need to make an appt with my cardo. DR. so will ask him. When it happened he said I had no choice but to be on one, and yes my clorestrol (sp) is high, havent ever been able to get it down.

RABBBIT, all ready to babysit here, hope the cats get along!! Mine are kinda old and set in their ways, plus being so blasted spoiled!! Warning, The owners of my puppies use to bring me a list of how much to feed, and walk and etc... they new darn well they were getting back spoiled rotton dogs, and alittle weight added on. I never did follow their instructions! My favorite, Jay. didnt even walk with me, he would lean against my leg, and look at me with those sad eyes. I would pick him up and go on our walk, he would get down to do his business and then I'd pick him up and off we go! This owners would just crack up. They were the little weiner dogs, miss them something horrible.

FW,It sounds like you are getting alot done!! Send me some energy.

OM, Did you get your glasses? Sounds like you are feeling better. Glad to see you back!

Niko. Just wanted to say Hi.

The suns shining here, growing the clouds so we get nasty weather later today.. guess the rain is back for awhile, sure wish it would go away, but at least the water bill is way down, we havent even turned it on yet and yard is all thick and green, so are the weeds!!

Giving thanks we arent getting the mess like texas, ok, kansas are getting, those poor people.

today
    laundry
    exercise
    phone calls
    nap, feeling really tired.

have a great day everyone!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate ticks. They're just disgusting and I can't figure out what purpose they even serve. This tick was so tiny I thought it was a little grain of dirt, and couldn't figure out why it didn't brush off. Then I realized it had legs.

It hasn't rained enough yet for us to know if the roof is still leaking. The roofer told me again yesterday he'll get it dried in if it takes him all summer. It's nice to have someone who stands behind his work. The problem appears to be the LR addition and the way the new roof was built against the old dormer.

Still haven't gotten the quiche cups done but I did finish scraping the burnt-on crud off the tray for the small oven so that's ready, and put the bread flour in its jar so that's out of the way. And I dragged out the book I'm reviewing for my column. Maybe it'll give me some ideas how to start writing. I'm just really blocked today and can't seem to get started.

Mom called, all upset, saying one of her new neighbors told her it was going to cost her $40/month for trash. So I called the trash haulers and got the real story, which is she doesn't have to pay by the month, she can pay per pickup which is what she thought they had said when she called to order the service, but then the neighbor messed her all up. She doesn't generate much trash so $40/month would be way out of line. If she fills a 30-gallon can in a month that would be unusual, especially since she never throws anything out, but that's another story. So she's feeling better now because she's only going to have to pay $5/pickup instead of the flat rate, which isn't $40/month either, but $49 quarterly. I can only assume the neighbor either doesn't pay her own bills or is just confused. Mom's also upset because she's convinced she can't deal with rolling the can to the curb which she probably can't, but we had already told her Husby will do it for her since he drives right by her place twice a day on his way to work. She's still in a dither over that can and wants to buy a smaller can she can handle herself, in spite of the fact I told her they won't pick up anything that's not in their company's can. It must be hell getting old and not being able to stop obsessing over inconsequential things.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As much as I hate ticks, they really do have a purpose. LOLOL
    What Good Are Ticks?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dang, I hate ticks! I still don't think they serve any useful purpose that some other less disgusting bug couldn't serve, but thanks for the article. We're losing many of our moose up here and the damn ticks aren't helping that situation. I'd much rather have the moose, and it's not like the ticks only attack the old and sick or that we have an over-abundance of moose, either. I hate mosquitoes and black flies, too. It seems like their main function is to drive everyone and everything crazy. Or maybe their real purpose is to make lots of money for the companies that produce DEET. I'll admit I do enjoy the clouds of dragonflies that show up to wage war on the mosquitoes just when we think we can't stand to see one more flying bloodsucker though.

Pinetree! I came over to this thread because I thought of you again when this blog post came up in discussion on my Prevent forum.
    DIY Salad Dressing — Kath Eats Real Food
    Our health coach posted it. I'm interested in it myself because it reduces HM salad dressing to a formula you can adapt easily to your own tastes or health needs, and I also like the idea of being able to mix up just enough for one serving, right in your salad bowl. The link within that post looks interesting as well. Some of the recipes call for salt, but of course you can leave that out. I think this is also a recipe you can do a lot with.

I really need to get an herb garden or two going in a couple of our AeroGardens. HM salad dressings with fresh, homegrown herbs, yum!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

now I'm going to have the willies!!

Spent 2 hrs. outside Neimans grocery waiting for DD to get done meeting everyone
    during her interview. I pray she got it. I want her to work day hours for a boss who values her!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    now I'm going to have the willies!!

Spent 2 hrs. outside Neimans grocery waiting for DD to get done meeting everyone
    during her interview. I pray she got it. I want her to work day hours for a boss who values her!!
    I missed this. Is she looking for another job? Is she ok?
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fw, I misssed it too, Wishing her Good Luck!!

SD, thank you so much, going to try the orange one! I'm on an orange kick right now, its sounds wonderful and I cn get away with no salt in it. I have been using Annies lite raspberry vinagrette, 2TBSP 40 calories, 35mg salt. Its not bad but I can really knock it down making my own!! Thank you SO much!!

I will also check out her recipies!

And you can keep the skeeters, love the dragon flies!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/4 today. I ignored my desk all day. I think I need to do a remedial vacuuming class for hubby, he apparently thinks the house vacuum is a shop-vac and will pick up anything.

I picked snow peas today!!! I love snow peas, and they've just started getting big enough to eat. Hubby is going to clear out the spinach bed this weekend, and I'm hoping to get some neck pumpkins planted. I do love my gardens.

ILC, glad to hear that the family is getting better.

FW, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your daughter!

SSD, I'm with you...hate, hate, hate ticks!

Pinetree, it sounds like the statins are needed after all. Bummer. I hope the doctors can find a good dosage for you.

Tomorrow:

1. OK, I'll clean off the desk.
    2. Put the sewing stuff away.
    3. Run a few errands. Including a run to the farm stand for strawberries.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everything done yesterday. Not feeling well so not much here. Will get my glasses next week.

Washed 2 load and drying. Towels and jeans.
    Cleaned up dog mess (forgot he is housebroke)
    Found remote
    All done

Supper patty melts and tater tots

Can't wait to see betterv so I can resond...hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worked several hours on finances yesterday and that wore me out, plus this nagging headache that won't go away, and I can't take NSAIDs like Advil, and Tylenol does absolutely nothing for me. Whine whine whine

So for today:

1) Mop
    2) Give bathrooms a swish and swipe
    3) Forget about dining room for today
    4) Weeding DONE
    5) Put away some clean laundry DONE
    6) Put a roast in the crock pot DONE

pinetree, we absolutely love grilled pineapple. It goes with so many things. Your menu plan sounds good!

Have a nice Friday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was worth it, she got the job and goes in Tues. to fill out more paperwork yet.
    She is on 30-90 day trial. She gets less than she was for now and works part time. I can see the owner losing it because she is 1 of 2 night bakers. He thinks he owns his people and treats them as such. After that time period she get $9.50? so not bad.Her current boss never gave her a raise,didn't pay when she was injured and took away free coffee. The no more nights is her perk out of this so she is happy. HOPEFULLY she can leaves the jerks who swore obscene things at her behind. And I like the fact she isn't alone all night. The store needs her in by 6 a.m. and it closes at 9 p.m. so we shall see.
    The part that worries me is the fact that she now will be taking direct orders now working alone. That will be an adjustment. I will talk to her in my unwelcome advise from mom talk. I will be rebuffed. And I will smile knowing it went in regardless of whether she likes it or not. I hope this works out for her she needs a break.
    Her Bf recently got fired from his job because the manager was stealing and they clean swiped all the people in the store. He works at a Speedway gas station now but at least he's working.His former job carroted a manager job in front of him for a year and made him quit Kroger when he took a second job. The they fired him for no reason.
    I can see that the millenials lives are pretty rough.
    She is excited that his parents are supposedly giving their house to him at $600. a month to cover taxes. I am wary. I don't want him to get stuck in a crappy neighborhood and suck her in too just because they can't sell it. His alcoholic 1/2 brother lives there now and I worry that will be trouble too. He already owes for a crappy truck and college loans in arrears from an unfinished degree. Hate to see his credit rating.

Just doing bits and pieces today and we'll see where it leads.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!

Whine all you want ilc!!

FW, Cingratulations on your DD getting the job, hope she loves it!

Om, feel better soon!

Niko, RABBIT and Jen, hugs

I"m gone for a couple days,, having problems again, sugar spiking up and down, they cut my diabetic pills in half to see if it helps,, Man Am I getting sick and tired of this crap!! WHine, whine, whine....

I'm ok, just really dizzy, weak and tired.

Have a great weekend everyone!! Take Care!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

went to Thai and picked up the bookcases I bought on the 25th at S.A. Can't believe there was no hassle. I just totally flaked w/ everything going on.
    Gotta get back to lists.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're back.

It turns out I do need cataract surgery, not just in one eye but both, so will have to call our insurance company, which is just an FYI thing because I have to have the surgery whether they cover it or not. But I'm pretty sure they will. Husby and I talked it over on the drive home and he wants me to have both eyes done ASAP because we rarely meet our annual deductible so if I do both, then that'll save over having the second one done next year. He also thinks the deductible will go up again next year and it probably will, so doing it now would save having to pay an even higher deductible, most likely. He and I also agree I should have the optional special cornea put in because it would get rid of the astigmatism I've had since high school. That's an elective item, so we'd have to pay for it ourselves, $2,200 for both eyes. So it could cost us several thousand with that and the deductible. However, I'm of the opinion good eyesight is priceless, and I may be able to avoid buying glasses, which would help offset the cost of the surgeries over time. I normally buy three pairs of glasses now whenever my prescription changes, so it gets expensive. Of course they can't guarantee I won't need glasses, but hopefully I could at least need fewer glasses or not have to buy bifocals.

I scored again today! We were at a thrift store and I found a really nice sewing table that used to have a sewing machine in it, but doesn't now. It's big enough for my new machine extension, and it has three wide drawers on the left side for storage, which is nicer than three drawers on each side because then the drawers are smaller and I have to sit in the middle of the table, which does not give me as much room on the left side of the table for large projects. At any rate, the shopkeeper said they had just gotten that table in and they had it marked $10. I asked if they could take any less and she said they could take $8. So I bought it! It's going to be interesting trying to shoehorn that into my sewing room, but I need it and I'll figure it out. It's about the same size as my mom's desk we just returned to her, and since that fit in I know this table will too. I've been thinking about getting rid of one of my sewing tables anyway because I will rarely use my old Viking, so it doesn't really need its own table. I'm pretty happy about this acquisition! It's going to be great to have a good table to put that extension on. As it is now, it hangs over both the front and back of my table and of course that's not good.

By the time we were done looking at the table and I decided to buy it, we had only enough time to pay for it and get to my appointment, but I managed to spy a really cute lampshade that will work on the lamp we got from a free box at the sale where we bought the dock box. I asked how much it was and she said fifty cents! Perfect! It really does look great on the little lamp, so now Husby has a neat little lamp for his desk that he's been needing, for just fifty cents. Hard to beat that.

When we came back to pick up the sewing table after my appointment, the clerk said she had had several people in that wanted to buy the table, so I'm glad we got there first. It's going to be a big help to me.

We didn't buy too much else at the thrifts. I did finally wake up and realize I had a really nice little Tupperware container that holds about a cup or so, that will work perfectly for tomato juice when we travel, so we can split the big cans into individual servings instead of buying those outrageously expensive little six packs. I happened to find another one like it today for .39 at another thrift, so now I'm going to BOLO for a couple more of those. We both like having the little cans of juice but it's crazy to pay the prices for the 6 oz. cans. I have some other containers that might work as well, so will have to experiment and see which is best. I found one like those today, too, for .49. Vintage T-ware is so expensive now and this store always prices it really cheap, so I like going in there to see what they have.

We stopped at a rummage sale and there was a husband and wife attending to it. It was pretty funny because the wife recognized Husby and was so glad to see him! Her husband said, "oh, you two know each other?" About that time Husby and the wife were hugging each other. I said it looked like they knew each other. We were all laughing. It turns out the wife is one of the telecommuters Husby works with all the time but almost never sees in person. He hadn't recognized her right away because he told me later she had lost a lot of weight, but he said she's one of the telecommuters he enjoys talking to most because she's so bubbly and friendly. I could see that! So it made his day to get to see her and chat a while, outside of work hours.

It was a good day all around! Even with the impending surgery. I had already accepted that I'd need it so it's not like it was a big shock or anything. To top it off, it poured rain all morning before we left and there wasn't a drop of water on the screen porch steps then, or any puddles there when we got home. Dare we hope the dang roof is finally fixed?