2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 71
Page 71 of 271 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 today. Bad pain day, and then hubby had to go to the doctor for his knee. Not sure what he did, but it's swollen and sore. X-rays and blood tests are scheduled. I have a lot to do this weekend, so I'm hoping this wasn't a taste of things to come. Oh, well...I'll muddle through.

Pinetree, feel better. Take it easy and we'll see you soon!

ILC, I hope your headache goes away. Take care.

FW, I'm glad your daughter is going to get away from the jerk boss. It beats me why some people just think they're entitled to abuse those around them.

OM, I hope you feel better soon.

SD, I hope the surgery goes well. Nice score on the sewing table! You seem to find the best stuff at thrifts!

No list for tomorrow. I'll just be fitting things in as I can.

Have a fantastic weekend, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The guys in a panic because his wifes having issues w/ her spinal column bones and has had several issues and surgeries. This is her business. BUT he is super cheap and if the franchise had an inkling of all the things he does! And to tell the kids they can't have cheapo free coffee because someone at another store was giving it to their friends?? Non logical. And stupid. DD and all the other won't buy his food and bring their own. They are also not pushing the food. Definately not smart on his part.
    I really hope this works out for her.
    And thanks to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone I get my glasses Monday. So I will be able to see to respond. .... my dogs have forgot they are housebroke. ..

So I have cleaned up messes....so every 2 hours and take away their water at night...

Today I have already swept and mopped....
    Washed the mop
    next is cleaning the kitchen..

Then off to wally

Supper ravioli and tomato sauce. Probably salad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally, one thing crossed off the to-do list that I've been trying to get done for years and years. Today at a garage sale we found a really nice tan leather La-Z-Boy recliner. The price was $75 and Husby didn't want to buy it. I couldn't believe it and wasn't in the mood for such BS, so I told the guy I'd take it. Some days! Yes, we've been spending a lot of money lately but we can afford it. The seller said they had paid over $600 for this chair a couple years ago and I believe it. I know prices and Husby doesn't. The style is right, not those big gigantic chair arms that take up half the room and just look ugly, no icky microfiber fabric to gather pet hair, and it's so comfortable I wanted to take a nap in the guy's garage. The only thing wrong with it is it's leather, but nothing's perfect. So Husby and I start counting our cash and come up with $71. The guy said he'd take seventy, so we came home broke but with a great chair. Now I can haul out the old crappy one I bought used in 1991 that wasn't that great even then, that has a broken seat spring and is just too ugly for words, not to mention dirty to the point it can't be cleaned, and it's not like I haven't tried. Husby is going to just love it. I give it a half hour before he's snoring away in it. So comfy, and it looks so much nicer than the old crappy one. Chester has already installed himself in it, and is snoozing away, and like everything we buy, he is automagically color-coordinated. I don't know how he does that.

Between finally finding this chair, bringing home the 'new' TV cabinet, getting rid of the old dirty broken cat tree and building the new one, and cutting the couch down and making new cushions, it's starting to look like there might be some hope for this LR yet.

LOL. Husby just came in and handed me $100. My paychecks come into our PayPal account these days, so I haven't been getting cash when I get paid and finally ran out. Woohoo! Not broke anymore!

We also went to a sale at a storage facility, where they were selling abandoned stuff left in their storage trailers. They seldom have sales, but when they do, they're great sales and this was no exception. I bought a fair-sized box of NIP Tupperware and some other stuff for $10. You know I love me some new Tupperware! We got a really nice scroll saw mounted on a custom-welded table with a cool vintage piece of counterop with that space-age design for $20 just like one selling on eBay today for $80 without the custom table. I got four welcome mats, NWT. Seems like I always need those. I got six knitting and crochet pattern books, three new, three vintage. Husby got a package of socks and five coffee mugs. I got an expandable drawer organizer from Rubbermaid, NWT, $3 and a set of 10 pairs of small earrings for $5, NIB. I got a book stand I want to modify, NWT. I can't even recall everything we got for our $41 spent there. Good deals and lots of needed stuff. Mom got a welcome mat she needed for her new townhouse, and a really cute 32" fiber optic Christmas tree, NIB. She had said when she moved in she wanted one that size because she didn't have any space in her apartment for a tree, so had gotten rid of her old one, and didn't want a big one in the townhouse. She was so delighted to get both for $3. Then she was delighted again when she realized the tree was pre-lighted with fiber optics. It was kind of a madhouse at the sale and she hadn't seen the tree, really, because I picked it up and asked if she wanted it, so I was carrying it and she hadn't looked at it till she got it home.

Hey, we forgot to go to GW! Wonder what we missed.

We stopped in at the greenhouse to buy an ivy geranium, but ended up with three of those and then saw an enormous iris in bloom there. Couldn't believe how gigantic the blooms are and how beautiful, and they were priced at $9 per plant so we bought three or those, too. Seemed like a bargain, considering they're perennials. Then of course we had to hit Shopko for three matching planters at 50% off, and we used a $5 off $25 coupon after buying three pots, two gallons of water, and one can of cat food which came to $25.04. Can't get much closer than that! We're hoping we can put the irises in pots and winter them over in an unheated porch. If anyone who knows more about that then I do thinks this is a bad idea, let me know. We had barely set the pots down on the porch when there was a hummingbird hovering over the 6-8" blossom, looking like he couldn't believe it either. So they didn't lie when they noted on the tag those irises are hummingbird attractants. We're going to enjoy those so much, assuming Sota doesn't eat the blossoms. That's why we want to have them in pots, so we can set them up on tables and hopefully he'll leave them alone.

It's been an interesting day so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wooo hoooooo spirit deer great buys next living room suite will be leather. Microfiber is hard when u have pets and people sleeping on them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to mention in all the stuff we got at the storage place, I got a high-quality pepper grinder NIB. The bottom is marked $20. Nice! We only paid $21 for everything we got except the scroll saw.

We moved into the TV cabinet! It really looks nice. We're going to just love it! It has plenty of space for all the DVDs and everything having to do with the TVs. That'll be nice to get all that clutter corralled and organized so we can find our stuff. All my Wii stuff fits in there too, so I can do my exercise and everything is right there, handy. It's so funny how I found that cabinet and suddenly saw it in my mind's eye as a great cabinet for a contemporary TV setup, instead of a 1980s entertainment center. I wasn't even thinking about a new cabinet and it was sort of an impulse buy, although not without some on-the-spot thinking and planning. I'm glad it appears it's going to work out so well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-lucky you. Storage units here are sought and go high.
    We went to Sams and bought 4 bags of 50# dog food at $10 off oer bag limit 4
    Also had 2.5 # of real good crackers (toast master? thats not quite right?) for $4.01
    Splurged on a lg. box of 3.75# of raisins and 3 boxes of 4# Minute Rice
    Also got 2 rounds of softener salt (6 reg/2 iron)
    SPENT $230.02. Still need cat litter.
    It rained like we need to build an Ark so no lawns done until tomorrow?
    Watching "spam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typed Blood" w/ Dh. We both enjoy all the "inventions".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

dang-it can we PLEEEEASE take the spam off the word H.I.L.L.b.i.l.l.y. already.
    I can't believe that's still on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH is coming home today, that will be a relief. I would like to get som decluttering done before that. Especially the office is a chaos sone. At the same time, I'm trying to download as many audiobooks and podcasts as possible, to prepare for our camping trip to Iceland. I've also ordered a phone/wifi plan that is cheaper for international use.

To do:
    -Pay bills
    -Budget for June
    -Book boat trip to Denmark
    -Download films, podcasts and audiobooks for myself and kids
    -Declutter office
    -tidy living room and kitchen
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much here cleaning off the porch, our bedroom looks like 2 teenagers live in it.hubby refuses to put his clothes away. Breakfast for supper french toast and bacon

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning all It's 10 AM and I just can't get to moving and don't know if there's enough to make me. This not sleeping more than a couple hours when I go to bed then awake until about 3 or 4 is really really wearing me down. I'm tired all the time.

So I'm off today and tomorrow. I know tomorrow is the vets for the girls for nail trim. HAS to be. Other than that going to try to get these done in splurts. I feel a nap may be needed and I mean needed not "wanted". Does anyone know an over the counter sleep aid. I don't think there's one I've not tried and nothing works but maybe one of you know of something. Doctor tried one prescription but it gave me a hangover. Tried it a couple nights and couldn't do it. I don't do hangovers.

Dishwasher unloaded and started to reload.... DONE
    Put away some grocery/stockpile things that are on the counter ( been there for awhile )
    Pots and pans
    Top of stove
    Laundry. Know one load clothes. Want to do rugs and blankets. We'll see
    Sweep, mop "downstairs"
    Put away some clothes from that dam&*( couch catch all
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, this sale wasn't in a single unit. This facility rents defunct semi trailers as storage lockers, and they had cleaned out a bunch of trailers and moved all the contents to a large building they have. Most of the stuff was brand new, and they had all kinds of things from a snow machine to Barbie dolls, craft stuff, dishes, tools, and lots of furniture. I offered $75 on a beautiful 1866 (its history was noted in a drawer) hanky box dresser with marble top that was missing a drawer and needed a lot of work, but no go. She wanted $150. I don't think she'll get it. It's a beautiful piece but needs so much work, and it would need a drawer rebuilt in the same ornate style as the rest of the piece, for most people's purposes anyway. A lot of the stuff wasn't marked and had signs up saying to make an offer and to name your price, and they wanted offers on the stuff that was marked, too. I heard her say to someone else they're planning another sale, so if the dresser doesn't go then, maybe she'll warm up to my offer. She countered at $100 which was more than fair, and maybe I'll warm up to that! I'm just hesitant because it would be yet another big project I don't need. I'll have to see what mood I'm in when the next sale happens.

Today's to-do's involve moving furniture around. There's a bookshelf in the back porch I hope will fit in the sewing room. The new sewing table needs to go in that room, too, and my old sewing machine desk needs to be moved to where Mom's desk was so I have a place for my serger. The bookshelf the TV used to be on in the LR needs to go in the back porch, and we might have to move out a table to make that happen. The whole house is a jumbled-up mess right now. If we get through all that, then I need to disassemble and modify the computer desk Mom had in her apartment and remove the top section so I can use it in the LR for my purposes.

I found the little Plano storage box on Amazon. I got it for $4, NWT, at a church sale lately and it sells there for over $21. I just told Husby that. You should have seen his face! He always thinks the stuff I buy is overpriced, but I usually know my prices on stuff. He's always amazed and can't figure out how I know. I'm always amazed that he doesn't know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WtG Everyone, busy, busy!!

Niko, are you taking vitamins? If so take them in the morning, Not later in the day. Go to a health food store and ask them for 5htp, melatoin, or see if they can suggest something, my son has tried the over the counter and says none of it works. I have found keeping the bedroom around 65-67 helps too. Good Luck.

I went outside yesterday, pulled some weeds, helped DH plant some garden, I am feeling alot better dropping those pills in 1/2... and my blood sugar is still really low..The fresh air pooped me out, it was So nice!!

Taking it easy today, hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the sewing room furniture moved around, the new risers I've had for at least two years put under the desk I'll be using for my little serger now, and the new sewing cabinet in place. I love it! The only bad thing is I don't have room for my two thread stands because the sewing machine is all the way to the right of the table now instead of in the middle like the previous one was. I like that part though, because there's no space for clutter to collect to the right of the machine now. I'll figure out the thread holders. There's a window sill there I might be able to put one or both of them on, maybe with something on the sill to raise them up higher. The table with my embroidery machine is also back to back with the sewing machine table, so I could possibly put them there.

I also had plenty of space for a typing table that's been cluttering up the LR doing nothing for us. It's narrower than the desk Husby took out of there, and fits perfectly on the end of my 'new' serger table and the table my industrial sewing machine is on. Those two are back to back. So I still will have a table for my old Viking, and I don't have to get rid of the typing table which is a nice little table, though nothing special. It doesn't have drawers except one small, shallow one, but I'm thinking that nice little Plano box I just bought might replace the drawers for the Viking's accessories, of which I have just about everything plus dozens of spare bobbins so need a good place to store all that little stuff. That's why I'm keeping that machine. The only thing wrong with it is it skips stitches, which is really bad for stuff like buttonholes but doesn't matter that much for basting a ruffle on something and stuff like that. I have a lot of expensive accessories for it that I don't use a lot, but use often enough I don't want to be without them. Yet I don't use them often enough anymore to justify buying the replacements for my new Viking, which would cost a small fortune. So the logical thing in my mind is to keep the old machine just for such uses. I've decided I like that there aren't any drawers in the typing table, because now my big trash can has a table it can fit under. I try to put all my sewing room trash cans under tables to help prevent stuff from falling off of a table into a trash can, and getting thrown away by accident. There's room under the new sewing cabinet for that trash can to sit now, too, much more convenient and safer than where it was before. And I had space to move the sewing cabinet a little bit so I have more room between it and the antique oak wardrobe I keep ramming my chair into, so that's another big plus.

As I was moving stuff around in the sewing room I kept finding stuff I'm really not that interested in owning anymore. I need to get in there and start purging again.

I also got a big batch of dog food made up, much to the delight of Sugar and Sota. I had to clean the limescale out of one of the rice makers and will have to do the other one today, too. It wasn't very nice of them to both quit working at once.

So far, a productive day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Didn't actually create my to-do, yet, but I've already washed/dried/and put away the clothes for the youngest two boys and have our oldest boy and our clothes in the washer/dryer right now. I've made progress on cleaning out the laundry room, which is actually on my list for the summer, but emptying out a huge bag I had filled with stuff that I had cleared off the counter before company came, back in December. I have the grocery list and coupons ready to go, and we are having pork chops, rice, and green beans for dinner.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."