2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 73
Page 73 of 271 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, I hope you like the recipe. I love them! I'm actively searching for recipes that are quick and easy and cheap to make while we're camping, and these definitely are all of that. They'll be great when we're running out of snacks the second week of a trip.

I ran the numbers comparing the oyster crackers with the Goldfish pretzels I used for the hot pretzels, and they're similar enough I'm confident subbing the oyster crackers and counting the points the same. The cheesy Goldfish crackers have different nutrition values so the Points Plus would have to be recalculated to see if it's still the same.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I was sitting here thinking about you and want to say I am So sorry,

it doesnt matter if your son is 2 blocks away, you are going to worry about him. I would be scared to death if that was my son, You are such a Good Mom!! But really I know he's ok, but you worry all you want!

SD, Ok we are on, going to try for 500 per day, I have to stay at that for at least 14 days before I can up it, then have to increase slowly, So you better get walking, lol

OMG, that recipe sounds So good, But, when I saw the soy sauce, I am done. I have found a recipe that suppose to taste like soy, but low salt, so am going to try it, I'll post it if its any good. Hopefully, I can use this to make some chinese food.

ilc, I didn't see your post this morning! I was wondering what happened to you, lol, I need to open my eyes!

I am feeling So much better again! Hope it continues, so far today

emptied dishwasher
    loaded dishwasher
    cleaned the sink
    swept the floor
    picked up the cat plates
    put tp away, stacked under sink
    cleaned the counter tops
    cleaned the bathroom
    put away a pile of junk thrown on a table

Off I go walking, need to get my steps in!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The problem with lower sodium soy sauce is that soy sauce derives so much of its flavor from salt. I've had lower sodium soy sauce and refuse to ever buy it again. I use less of the real thing, but it has to be the real thing. But please let me know if the recipe you have is any good. I'll cut salt when I can but it has to taste good.

I walked an extra half mile today so I'm at 4,500 steps so far. I'll do 500 or more just ramming around the house tonight. I got my Prevent pedometer today too. I'm going to put that one in my WW tool kit for the camper so I always have a spare in case something bad happens to my Fitbit. I'll probably use it for the four weeks of this exercise phase. It can be carried in a pocket like my Fitbit.

I made a batch of hot pepper oyster crackers and they're good too. No surprise really because pretzels and oyster crackers have the same ingredients except for the egg wash. Husby likes them and I put half as much Tabasco in those, so I'll feed them to him since he wanted to buy all those dang oyster crackers in the first place.

I'm trying to get him moving so we can go down to the lake and look for ideas about the HydroBikes, but he wants his coffee first. Can't blame him so I'm sitting here not saying anything.

Got my new Square Foot Gardening book today, too. Good reading.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks everyone I just have heard from even less than I thought I would. The time diff. and his 2 jobs plus bad communication is hard. He said a lot of media is banned.
    It's been 3 weeks now that he's doing field training and it was 3 weeks before that.
    I really try to push it off so I can do what I need to here. He's an adult.

Ended having to bail after I cleaned out the computer desk. DD needed a ride to get clothes for tomorrow. She has to be there to fill out paperwork at 10 A.M.
    after she works 10p.m.-6 A.M. tonight overnight. Should be interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heres the recipe for the soy sauce, maybe someone else wantsd to try it, I dont know when I will make it.

Soy Sauce Substitute

2TBSP sodium free beef broth
    2 tsp red wine vinegar
    1 tsp dark molasses
    1/8 tsp ground ginger
    1 dash black pepper
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    3/4 c. water

Combine all ingredients in saucepan, boil, uncovered for about 5 minutes, until reduced to 1/2 cup.
    Store in refrigeraqtor in a glass container
    Makes 1/2 cup.

It sounds easy enough, I need to find something besides noodles to put it on.. Let me know how it is if anyone tries it!

Cant wait for you to get those bikes on the water!!!

FW< My gosh those are some wicked hours, hope she likes her new job!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I think you misread my post. I was asking oheo's mama about FL and the Navy. Geography and I do not have a close personal relationship but I know Kuwait and the Army go together! LOL

Anyway, I didn't know where your son was, but I figured it had to be Kuwait or somewhere similar with those temperatures. Believe me, I admire and appreciate all our men and women protecting our country.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we like fried or grilled veggies with soy sauce. I just take the biggest frying pan I have because no matter how much I make, it's never enough, and add some olive oil, then add in chunks of whatever veggies sound good, matchstick carrots, sliced onions, maybe some potatoes (brown those a little bit first before adding other stuff), broccoli, cauliflower, etc, etc. I usually brown some ham or sliced kielbasa first before adding the veggies, but I know you can't have that. Cubes of chicken or pork is just as good and sometimes I do that, too, especially if we're doing this in grill pans over a campfire. Notice I said 'pans' because one just won't do it when there's a good smokey flavor added plus the sharpened appetite that comes with being outside camping. Along with adding soy sauce to the veggie mixture after it's cooked, we also drizzle over some dark sesame oil. Yum! I like to sprinkle on some red pepper flakes, too, but Husby the Food Wuss doesn't like hot food so he skips that.

We also like the fried veggies but made with mostly cabbage, same as above but it's usually just coarsely chopped cabbage, matchstick carrots, sliced onions, and chopped bell peppers with meat, sometimes just a couple slices of bacon diced fine if it's the really good bacon so it has a strong flavor, but it can also be done with the meat of your choice or even meatless with canned kidney beans. If I use bacon, I drain off almost all the grease and then add the cabbage and other veggies. Fantastic flavor and the accessory veggies make a colorful dish. Then again, we add sesame oil, soy sauce, and the cabbage I like coarse, freshly ground black pepper.

Soy sauce goes well with rice, too.

I like soy sauce and granulated garlic on pork or chicken.

Just a couple ideas you could try the imitation soy sauce on.

Didn't get the bikes in the water but did walk down to the dock (5,500 steps and counting, plus eight floors of steps thanks to our steep hill!) and look things over. We have a plan now, sort of. Don't know if it'll work out but we have to start somewhere. Sure wish the dock would have rolled into the lake straight, but it didn't and now we have to deal with it sitting there cockeyed which gives us less space, plus it's over farther than it should be in a space that's not big enough to begin with. ~whine~ I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Once again just trying to catch up on everything going on here, you guys have been chatty the past few days! My nephew and this wife closed on their new house on Friday so I helped them with their boys, ages 4 & 6. Then I picked them up after volunteering on Saturday with the dog rescue and took them back to our house to spend the night. I set up our old tent in the living room and they "camped". Had them all day Sunday and they wore us out! I'm still recovering.

Tuesday
    1 - visit mom
    2 - separate chicken, cook some, bag up and freeze the rest
    3 - clean bathroom

Just wanted to let fw and oheoh know how much I appreciate your sons service. Sometimes I think it's harder on the loved ones here then the ones serving. Prayers going up for both of your boys.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to post last night. Today I dealt with the dishwasher guy, did the calendar for June(it's an easy month) and damp mopped the kitchen floor. I picked some more snow peas and some radishes, too. Y'all should see my cherry bushes this year...they're loaded! I am so happy we'll be getting fruit this year!

Tomorrow:

1. Mop the bathroom floor.
    2. Go to the farm stand for berries and beans. I want to can some of these.
    3. Wash down the freezer and fridge. Fingerprint and pawprint city!

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-typing and reading posts w/out glasses can do that. Sorry~! I was wondering where in Florida it got quite that hot? lol

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post

Got my new Square Foot Gardening book today, too. Good reading.
    Love that book. I think you'll find that some things, such as tomatoes, are planted too close. If you get big bushy plants, they will become so entangled that reaching the fruit in the middle becomes nearly impossible without damaging the vine.
    Last edited by Russ; 06-02-2015 at 08:02 AM.
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning
    runs I have done that with my tomatoes.
    It is strange being able to see.
    My dogs have forgotten are house broke. Can't beat them...
    the baby shower is Sept 5.we have to get a venue the one we wanted quit giving employee discounts.....
    3 of our children are military. ..2 navy and 1 national guard. Mine have never seen combat......
    Today
    bathroom
    sweep and mop
    clean out deep freeze
    make grocery list

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate auto correct russ,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    2. Make quiche cups. (Yeah, still not done, and it's hurting me.
    Can you post your recipe please? That sounds like a great make-ahead breakfast. And I need a little protein to get me started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my goodness, you guys have been chatty! I love seeing all the chatter but I am so far behind on catching up. LOL!

Plugging away here on the painting of the new house interior. With just the two of us it's taking a long time but we eventually will get it done.

Today the only thing on tap is the painting.

SD I'm in for a Fitbit accountability challenge. Should we have a different thread for it? Something like a Fitbit Challenge thread or something like that? My goal is 4500 a day.