2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 74
Page 74 of 271 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Taking DD over for her final sign-up then need to get back to the tear apart I started yesterday.
    -sort books from tubs/put in bookcase
    -working in dining area to clean china cabinet (incl, under)
    -wash window/more cobwebs
    -clean another bookcase/desk

More winter laundry to pack away/wash
    rinse old tubs/dry and store
    pay bills
    work 1 hr. in bedroom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jean, I'll post the recipe in a bit. I'll admit I spent all morning reading the new John Sandford novel and my head it still a little fuzzy. I'm mentally still down south in the Twin Cities, where part of the book is set!

Hkr, I'll start a thread and see if we can get it stickied. Thanks for the idea!

Not sure what's on the agenda today. Probably pretty much the same as yesterday, since I didn't do so well then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's the steps thread I started. I requested it be made sticky. Don't know if it will though.
    https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...post4112148841

This is my version of the South Beach Diet Quiche Cups to Go, because I'm too cheap to buy egg substitute and because I wanted more veggies in mine and I'm not that interested in low fat cheese. To get less fat from cheese, I reduce the amount instead of using low fat.

10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
    4 large eggs
    1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
    1/2 to 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    3 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
    Microwave spinach for 2 1/2 minutes, then drain. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until knife comes out clean. The cups will be lightly browned on top. I often sub a can of green beans, drained and cut fine, for the spinach, or a cup of cooked broccoli, finely chopped. I also add 12 olives, finely chopped. I also like to throw in a small can of mushrooms, you guessed it, finely chopped. I have a little chopper that goes on my blender base so I can chop up stuff in seconds and it works better to get everything distributed equally in the cups. I don't add pepper sauce because I serve them with either green Tabasco or hot catsup. Made with 12 olives, broccoli, 1 onion, 1/2 cup Cheddar, and four large eggs, PER TWO CUPS: Calories, 97. Points Plus, 2.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD Thanks for posting the recipe, going to give it a try, no hot sauce, and maybe no cheese,, sounds good!

Hi to everyone!!

My day is all screwed up, and frankly I really dont care!! lol

The son woke me up this morning yelling come here Mom, I got you some whits fish, Holy cow did he get me fish He caught 3 Huge walleye!! He went fishing with his friend when they got off work, and got lucky getting these, I have fish to last me for awhile! They are going again tomorrow, have my fingers crossed!

Was sitting here trying to drink my first cup of coffee, when ther phone rang, well its my bff,, we talked for almost 5 hours, laughing and being silly. We are going on 48years of being friends now, thats hard to beleive its been that long, I dont know what I would do without her.

So I guess I will just have a lazy day. Dh got his tooth pulled finally, so will se how that goes. lol

I joined the walk challenge, but dont know if I will be able to keep up.

Have a wonderful day1
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-sounds like a great day to me.
    I also sat on the deck talking w/ Dmom while I waited to pick up DD
    She did well and came out happy. Bought herself a little sandwich and everything. Can't take credit for her getting the job but i sure am glad I yack it up so often w/ people and found out they were hiring. She wants to turn her notice in now-yea!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today. On the way back from the farm, my car decided to split a radiator hose, so I'm car-free tomorrow. Thank goodness my mechanic is able to squeeze me in. He's the best! I picked up 2 quarts of snow peas and 2 quarts of green beans and 3 quarts of oh so sweet local strawberries. I'm going to hull them tonight in front of the TV and make some jam tomorrow. The peas and beans are going to be blanched and frozen. I may have to go get more when my car comes home.

Tomorrow:

1. Make a small batch of jam.
    2. blanch & freeze the veggies.
    3. Clean the AC and fan filters.

Have a fabulous day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't really taste the cheese much in that recipe, Pinetree, so if you leave it out it probably won't matter. I should start using some kind of cheese with stronger flavor, like blue or Swiss.

Lucky you, walleyes! Sounds like you had a good day all around.

Finally got the quiche cups made and a load of dishes washed plus a rack full of plasticware washed, too. Still working on my 5K steps. Maybe Husby and I will walk down to the dock again. I want our bikes in the lake by the end of Sunday, or at least mine! There's too much money wrapped up in them and too much fun to be had and too much exercise I need and too little summer to waste any more time having them sitting up here in the yard. They need to get wet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well only got 2/3 done today, didn't get to the bathroom. Took Beastie to the park tonight since she's been driving me batty. With having the kids last weekend and recovering yesterday, she hasn't gotten enough exercise. She's conked out now so I'm happy. (whenever you want the monsters pinetree, I'm ready!) Not sure what my plans are for tomorrow but I hope to at least get some things done.

Wednesday
    1 - clean bathrooms
    2 - wash floors
    3 - laundry
    4 - vacuum carpet and furniture
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Here's the steps thread I started. I requested it be made sticky. Don't know if it will though.
    https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...post4112148841
    I made it a sticky
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning....

SD way to go o the fish yummmm
    jc good luck n with the jam and veggies.
    Got up at 3:30 this morNing feeling dragging
    Supper pancakes and eggs
    inventory freezer
    make meal plan for month using 4 new freezer recipes from pintrest
    need to take nap
    let u know how I do

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Russ for making the stepping thread a sticky (that sounds very "ungrammatical")

Today we are back to the painting / taping etc. While DH does some of that I will work out on the pool. Gotta vacuum and check levels etc. We had a lot of rain the last couple of days so I suspect there may be some adjustments needed. Thankfully today is a little bit sunny. Not full on hot sun but it's peeking through.

DH is down at the house working right now and I've got potatoes in the microwave to cook as I need to prep for shepherd's pie for lunch. Once those are out and mashed I'll head down.

I also need to vacuum this house and empty the dishwasher. I also started cleaning out the fridge this morning too. The shelves on the door were looking a bit grungy so I emptied them and put them in the dishwasher. Once that's done I'll reload and work on the shelves in the body of the dishwasher if there's enough time after I go down to the house to work on pool and help DH.

Tonight is my craft night so I'm looking forward to that.

Oheohs Mama what freezer recipes did you pin? I'm always on the lookout for those. I got a freezer recipe cookbook when I went to the Taste of Home cooking show in April but haven't had a chance to make anything from it yet.

Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started modding the computer desk we got back from my mom when she moved. It's small and it's on wheels, so I want to get rid of the two tiny folding geezer tables I've been using that have no space and start using the computer desk after I modify it to work when I'm sitting on the couch. That will be a huge help to me since my office is in another building and I do most of my work on my laptop in the living room, so I always need a place to set books down and need a space for notepads and pens and other small office things. With the top section removed from the desk and some other mods done, the desk should work out great. I hope it won't be too much work, but even if it is, it should be worth it.

It stormed last night and poor Sugar had to go out during the worst of it. I waited and waited and she didn't come back, so I had to go out and get her in the pouring rain. She was standing at the bottom of the steps we had just blocked off and couldn't find her way in the dark to get up the ramp. Poor girl was drenched and so upset. It was a fun night-not. But she's doing okay now. Both our boy cats had gotten locked out in it too, and they weren't happy at all to be so wet. That's very unusual because we habitually count kitties before closing up the dog doors at night, to make sure everyone is in and safe for the night. I'm grateful all they got was wet and it wasn't thirty below last night.

Got the quiche cups made yesterday, maybe I said that. I've been off track with my eating lately so that should help me get back on the right path to have a good hot breakfast every day. I'm just over a pound away from my first 5% goal with WW, and I'd like to make it that far so I can reset to the next 5% goal. I like this 5% goal idea because each time it gets reset, I will have to lose less pounds to make the next goal. It seems easier and more interesting than setting ten pound goals or some fixed number like that.

Today I'll keep working on the computer desk, and I really have to get started on my column. It's stupid to keep procrastinating. I need to do some baking for that too, and take some pics.

I hope those who weren't feeling well are doing better today, and that we all have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr.... I am making a freezer creamy pasta, chicken rice and broccoli, sticky chicken, Hawaiian chicken. Taco pasta, and black bean burgers. Nothing out of families taste pallet... they don't like heat or anything too ethnic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, those all sound so good!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody!!!! I forgot to post yesterday---just got busy, plus this crazy internet is still of and on, off and on...what a pain.

Yesterday we did lots of errands, which involved much purchasing of items, which led to having to put away said items, which took a while. Plus the basics of resetting the house, meal prep and clean-up, etc. And then I just had to take a few (or more) minutes to peruse my library books I checked out yesterday.

For Wednesday:

1) Mop (I'm trying to do better with mopping but I absolutely abhor that task)
    2) Wash chair and sofa slipcovers
    3) Do some filing
    4) Record June's expenditures
    5) Work on some financial stuff with DH
    6) Make a good dessert but not sure what yet
    7) See what's in fridge that needs to be used up

Have a good Wednesday, ladies.