2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 75
Page 75 of 271 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a full day, ILC. I love days like that because then we're all re-stocked on needed things for a while.

I did my walk and surprised myself how far I can walk in fifteen minutes. I used my little kitchen timer for the first time because I want to walk fifteen minutes instead of going by mileage or steps, so I get my thirty minutes of exercise in. The only thing is I can't hear the timer go off if it's in my pocket, so will have to figure something out. Or just check it periodically. I wear a lanyard with a dog tag containing my emergency contact info in case someone has to pick me up off the pavement someday, and maybe I could figure out how to hang the timer from that. I'll have a good idea now when the timer will go off since I know where I turned around today, and I'll find out how far I go tomorrow when I walk the other way, too. I'm at about 4,600 steps so far today and will be able to get to 5K without having to think about it anymore, which I like. It looks like I'll do about 3,500 steps in thirty minutes, but I'm hoping to pick up the pace and walk faster and farther and more steps in that time as I lose weight and get into better shape.

The computer desk is laying around in pieces, so I have to figure out what to do with that now. I think I only need to do one cut and then drill some holes and put it back together, then move the keyboard tray down lower, where my laptop will sit. That shouldn't be that bad unless I mess it up. I already located a spare drawer organizer that will work in the space where the computer tower used to be, after I add some shelves to that. That'll be great for pens and other small items and it's free since it came with a set of flatware I bought for a dollar recently. I don't need it for that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc, Strawberry Cheesecake!! Strawberry shortcake! oh yum... pineapple upside down cake, ok theres my suggestions! Thank you so very much for the beautiful card!

om, the fish dinner was wonderful!

FW So happy for your daughter!! Glad your Mom is still doing great!

Jen, so sorry about the car but WTG with the farm!! It all sounds so good!

RABBIT, ready to go when you are!!

Hikroo, Good Luck with the paint, I promise I will never do it again!!!

SD Waiting to see the maiden voyage on those bikes!!

Think I got everyone, if not i'm sorry!

I had such an exciting day yesterday, I was wired all day and when I went to bed I was exhausted, I am starting to feel really good again, But have to start the new meds next week, so hopefully I can keep feeling better...

I froze enough walleye for another 2 meals, big meals, cant wait, I love that fish!

Todays list
    empty dishwasher
    load dishwasher
    make phone calls
    dust
    other small things I can do...

Have a beautiful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh those sound good Oheohs Mama! The Hawaiian chicken in particular DH would as I suspect it probably has pineapple in it (or on it?). Let me know how they are and if the family likes them.

SD I look forward to seeing your modifications You are so good with those.

ILC you've got a busy day ahead! It's so nice to get all that stuff done.

I got the pool all vacuumed and checked all the levels. Two days of cold temps in the 50's and incessant rain dropped the water temp to 62. I won't be swimming in the next day or so!

Shepherd's pie in the oven for our lunch (late lunch). With us both being retired it makes more sense to eat our big meal at lunchtime and have sandwiches for supper when we will be likely sitting around more in the evening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree I hope the new meds keep you feeling well. I'm so glad to hear you're starting to feel really good again! That is wonderful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better now! I hope you continue to improve.

We did the maiden voyage last fall, on the one day of nice weather we had before winter arrived, but we're looking forward to getting them wet again, too. I'll try to remember the camera. Hopefully, it'll happen this weekend sometime. The plan is to just get the minimum done to be able to use them, because we have to get the gutters on the garage before the dirt guy comes to fix the driveway, and he's been working in the area so that could be any time now.

I dunno if I'll take any pics of the desk because I didn't take before pics, but I'll let you know if it works for me or not. I can't imagine it won't.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, ok did you think you could sneak that peanut butter candy by me?? lol Do you have a recipe that I might try?? Please??!!

Thank you so much Hikroo and SD!! Its So nice feeeling So good and friends like you that care!

Now I am not going to mention that my blood sugar just took a nose dive again,,ugh....I was shaking so bad I couldnt drink my Coke!

I'm ok now, amd back to being a smart alec,,, lol

OMG I forgot Niko! Did you find something to help with sleep? thinking about you!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aaaahhhhh, supper's done and I'm stuffed. I made a WW couscous salad, had some cantaloupe with it, and two fish sticks. I'm in cleaning out the fridge, pantry, and freezer mode and used up a bunch of stuff. Love that. I really need an empty shelf in the big freezer for WW meals to help me stay on track and some other freezer stuff.

Today I tracked every bite and have four daily points left over. I also walked over 5,000 steps, so it was a good day all around. Gotta do the same tomorrow. The only way I can successfully lose weight is to stick together a long line of days in a row when I'm doing most things right. No cheating, no excuses, no whining, no lying, no kidding. It's not like anyone else can do it for me.

I got the cut made on the computer desk. Now I have to make myself drill some new holes. I hate that because there are several and they all have to be perfect or things wont' fit together. I'm not that good at doing stuff like that perfectly. But I might as well suck it up and get on with it. I think I'm going to need some extra hands to help me when it's time to hold everything in place while I put stuff back together, so I think I need to do the rest of it while Husby is home.

News is saying we got almost two inches of rain last night. I believe it, considering how much it was pouring at three AM when I went out to get my poor doggy.

Got my column started and did some research, so that should go pretty well now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today. My car was only $165, and he did the inspection and emissions test, and an oil change, so I'm good for a year. Hubby asked me to make waffles for dinner tomorrow, since there's strawberry jam, so I'll be bad tomorrow and eat too many carbs. I have been very good, so I can take the break...but only for one day.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Start clipping kitty claws.
    3. Clean off the table beside my chair...it gets so cluttered!

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pintree,have a neighbor that is 80 years old who makes peanut butter candy and gingerbread. .. I have never made it in my life..... lol she is so sweet

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes! Computer desk remodel is DONE! Except for the new shelves I have to install brackets or cleats for. I think I'm going to love it. This is the second time I've basically taken this thing apart and rebuilt it and it's particle board, so it's getting sort of banged up but it'll serve my purpose very well, I think. Overall it didn't go too badly. Glad it's done because I've been dreading it and that's why it's been sitting here, mocking me. My laptop is actually at a better height and angle for me now than it was before, so it's more comfortable to type on it.

I only messed it up a little by not asking for help when I should have. I had two pieces up in the air, the bottom of the desk and one of the side pieces which were screwed together at right angles, very heavy since they're particle board, and they broke apart. But I have deck screws which fix all kinds of things, so no real harm done. And my elbow will heal. Poor Husby felt bad. He's reading the new John Sandford I just finished and was sitting right there, but he was engrossed and anyway knows not to ask me if I want help because I will ask if I do. Not his fault at all. I'm so used to doing things by myself because I'm home alone so much, it just doesn't always cross my mind to ask for help.

All the running around after tools added almost 1,000 steps to my total today, so that's a good thing too.

I just love it when a rebuild idea comes together like I hope it will.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning I slept till 6 which is good for me I usually get up at 4.. so woot woo
    ILC, u sound so very busy to me
    SD proud of the walking and I always love hearing about your projects.
    Fw hugs
    hi Rabbit.
    Hikroo, hope the weather warms up..
    Jen I have to clean off my nightstand today..
    Pinetree, hugs.

Today clean off my nightstand
    sweep and mop
    clean kitchen
    unload dishwasher
    3 loads of laundry.
    supper steak sammies and pasta salad. Leftover birthday cookie for dessert

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM Pinetree mentioned peanut butter candy you're making. How did I miss the peanut butter candy?? LOL!! It's not like me to miss peanut butter and candy (particularly when they are together!). Sounds fabulous. What a sweet neighbor you have.

Pinetree that isn't good about the blood sugar taking a dive Do you know what threw the levels off? I hope that doesn't happen again or very often. That must have been scary. I'm glad you're back to your usual self now!

Niko I missed or had forgotten you'd been having sleep issues. Is that resolving at all? I struggle with sleep issues myself and it is a huge drag. I seem to run in cycles where I"ll do OK then BAM, I hit the brick wall and I'm back to waking up all the time. My issue is with staying asleep. I will fall asleep easily but I wake up after 2-3 hours and the rest of the night is a struggle. I find Benadryl works well now and then to try and break a cycle. I can't / won't take it every night because I fear becoming dependent upon it as a way to sleep but sometimes if I can get a good night in that will tip the pattern a bit so I do better.

SD you did great on the tracking, having points left over and walking! You are so right in that no one can do this for us and we can't cheat and make excuses or we will never get the weight off. I had a very successful day there too. I hit all of my nutritional and calorie goals and I got in extra steps as well so it was a really good day. So glad to hear you got the computer desk mod done. That's so cool you were able to do all that and have it turn out the way you wanted. Excellent!

Jen glad you got the car set for another year. Always nice to get out of the garage for under 200.00. Waffles w/ strawberry jam sound wonderful. I haven't made waffles in ages. I should do that again as DH loves them.

Today I have to run DH to a few places. He's disabled and gave up his driver's license several years ago so I'm the chauffeur for both of us. We did get some of the painting done in the new house. The room is all taped out and been painting along the edges of the tape. Today he plans to roll the bigger sections and then we can take the tape off. The blue is a little darker than he thought it would be so this is making me a bit nervous for the color I picked for the main parts of the house. I am hoping it's not going to be too dark.

I've got craft night again tonight. We met last night and I got some done on my current project. it's an applique wall hanging of the West Quoddy Head Lighthouse here in Maine. The design has lots of little pieces. I got the house cut out and ironed on the heat and bond to attach it to the background but putting it together before ironing it on it just doesn't line up right. I need to cut the roof and the windows and I think once I add those in it will line up better. I just don't want to permanently attach it to the background fabric unless it's going to line up or the whole design will be off. As much as I love this lighthouse I"m wondering what I was thinking purchasing this kit. I don't like applique! LOL!

Depending on how long it takes DH at the various places he needs to stop I hope to get some stuff done around here. I need to vacuum...the cat is shedding big time. Dinner will be leftover shepherd's pie so I only need to reheat today

Have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, good for you with the eating/exercising!

pinetree, hope those new meds work for you. I'm going to have to Google what kind of fish walleye is (are?)----I don't think we have it around here.

hikr00, DH and I are retired and I would love to eat our big meal for lunch, but we still have DD living at home and she goes to school and works, so for us to eat together, we have our big meal at night. Hope your lighthouse wall hanging turns out well.

Jen, only $165 for a car repair? Great!

om, glad you could sleep till 6. Sleep issues are so frustrating.

Niko, how are you doing with your sleep?

RABBIT, hope you're doing well.

I got everything done yesterday, plus washed/changed our sheets, except for mopping. It was raining and I think it's useless to mop on a rainy day, especially since we have critters who are in and out.

For Thursday:

1) Mop
    2) Look through breakfast recipes--we are having my best friend and her family over for breakfast tomorrow
    3) Appointment 4:00
    4) Reset the den
    5) Clean bathrooms
    6) Clean the dining room
    7) Revise menus

It's currently very dark and cloudy and looking like rain again so I'm waiting till later to decide about mopping. Hopefully I can get it done today.

Have a nice day, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like everyone is busy!

I still need to cut two shelves for the desk and figure out how to install them in the old computer tower space. Don't know if two will be enough, but it's all the matching material I have at the moment, till I decide if I'm going to trash the old top section from this desk.

It's rainy here but not windy, so I'll probably take my walk as usual but leave the dogs home. Otherwise, they'd be a mess by the time we got back.

I need to poke around the freezers and see what I can use up from there.

Of course my column didn't write itself over night. Darn thing.

Gotta make myself eat right again. And track.

Not sure what I'll focus on but there's plenty to do around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys!

Well the rain, hail wind and tornado's are back for a few days.. ugh We had a nasty storm about midnight, hail and lightning were horrible! But thank goodness, no damage.. The sun is suppose to come out this afternoon, it will heat everything up and we will have bad storms again.

Well, remember I told you I need to open my eyes, well I pulled a good one yesterday, I took my evening pills in the morning, then last night I was about to take my morning pills, when I noticed,, ah crap?? what do I do now?? Finally at 8:00 called walmart and the pharmacy there helped us with which ones to take and ones to skip...Yep, my new pill thing has the day so thurs morn, thurs noon, thurs eve, thurs bed, I just opened it up and took them.... So kinda taking it easy this morning to make sure I really didnt throw something off.. yea, leave it to me...

ilc, did you make a desert?? I am going to have to make something, thinking about a strewberry, rhubarb something, I can use stevia,I really want a pie.. but... Thanks with the pills, its another statin, so will see.

OM. boy do you have it made!! peanut butter and gingerbread, wow, well you deserve it!! ( eat one for me, ok maybe 2 ) WTG on the sleep!

Jen, WTG on the car!! Are you going back for more fruit & veggies? Waffles sound good!

RABBIT, HellO!!

Niko, hows it going?

SD I forgot about having the bikes in the water last year, I remamber now, I picked out the yellow one! Hope you get on the water!

FW, you sure are a busy bee! Did you daughter start yet?

Hikroo, I wish I was as crafty as you, seems you are always making something. My last pills made my sugar nose dive, I will just have to see what DR, says, in the mean time I eat every half hour.. Its hard when I am not hungry. Thanks for thinking about me.

Have a great day!!