2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 76
Page 76 of 271 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, that's scary about the pills. It's so easy to get that stuff mixed up. Sorry to hear about the storms. We've had a few rumbles of thunder here and rain, but nothing catastrophic.

I got my walk in today. Here are some shots of what I saw:

Here's a shot of part of our washed-out driveway. Pictures really don't do it justice. We have ruts in it at least a foot deep in places. The little rivers leading down to the road are growing, and so is the delta at the end of the driveway. Can't wait to get the thing fixed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 today. I did make waffles, but I did nothing else. It hurt too much today. Hubby will help me with the cats tonight, though. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Clean off my table in the living room.
    3. Go back to the farm and get more strawberries if they still have them.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

whoo hoo, I love red vines strawberry licorice, Sp well DH found me sugar free, Plus I got hersey dark chocolate special bars, sugar free,, aww, never had anything taste so good,I love chocolate too!! lol i am in 7th Heaven!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

U Pinetree had some delicious cantaloupe this evening. Instead of s teak sammies we had pasta...
    my lower channels on my dish are not working. So no hannible tonight. Did not get my nightstand..will get it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I'm happy for you! I know what it's like to not be able to have something you really love, and then suddenly you find a good alternative. It's like winning the dietary lottery!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, glad you figured out your mistake with your pills. I have to say, with everything that you have been through, you always find humor and have a very positive attitude. Even when your venting! God has definitely put you in my path to teach me a lesson. Great job on finding the chocolate that you can eat.

S.D. - great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I do remember pinetree calling dibs on the yellow water bike because I already had called dibs on the green one! They look like so much fun, enjoy them.

Jen - hope tomorrow is better

om - glad your back. I always have loved to hear what your cooking. I had never heard of corn bread salad until you had posted about it years ago and now that is one of our summer favorites.

hikr - have fun at craft night!

fw - everything okay?

Yesterday I got everything done on my list plus:

ran dishwasher and put away
    sprayed driveway for weeds (hate this job)
    sprayed weed killer around fence in yard
    filled a 40 lb. bag with pinecones from under the tree, there about the size of my thumb - not big ones
    cut coupons
    walked at park with Beastie and friend

So all in all a very productive day. Today I woke up at 1am with a migraine. Went to work but left early because I really didn't know if I was going to be able to drive okay. Got home and slept for a couple of hours and then felt better so made dinner and cut the back lawn. We're having problems with our old lawn tractor so DH wants to get a zero radius with a steering wheel for me. He is dragging me to look at one tomorrow. I told him I will try it out in the parking lot of the place but I'm not making any promises.

Friday

1 - stop at Costco to look for more weed killer
    2 - finish cutting front lawn
    3 - dust
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yipppeeeee Pinetree why did I type u lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aww thank u rabbit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning everyone
    the only thing on list today is the living room
    shave the sectional
    sweep and. Mop
    dust
    get cob webs down

Steak sammies tonight we had pasta last night

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok guys, I have nothing planned for today.

We are suppose to get bad storms again today and I am frazzled out from last night, we went under tornado warning, crap, tornado came down about 5 miles away, we got 5 inches of rain, theres a bunch of towns now with flooding and washed out roads that we just got fixed, bunch are evacuated again, suppose too have this until the beginning of the week, we cant take much more water! We are also having spring run off from the moutains which is really mellting and flowing like crazy down the rivers, everything down here is full and overflowing, I sure hope they can use it down stream.. Tho out east is under flood warnings from all the water heading downstream, watch out nebraska, you might get it again.

I am scared to death of tornados, storms usually come down off the mountains, this one started on the flat land and the tornado moved straight toward the mountains,, strange..I am going to go hide under my bed. lol

Happy Birthday to my sis, shes 70 today!

TGIF!!!

Have a beautiful weekend!

FW, you ok?
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry you're going through all the bad weather, Pinetree. Stay safe! You don't want to have to get your daily steps running for cover!

I haven't done much stepping today, but my column is finished. I just have to let it marinate for a while before I proofread and then type up the recipes. Glad it's this far along. Even if I get nothing else done today, I'll be happy with that.

Sunny here today for a change. Nice anti-mosquito breeze out there, too. Perfect for HydroBiking. Why aren't they in the water yet? Ack! Maybe tomorrow. We need to go camping somewhere too. Why can't every day be a weekend?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ROTHF!!! lol SD,, ha ha, oh that struck me So funny, why didnt I think of that!! Getting my steps from hiding,, sounds just like me!! I can put in alot of steps turning in circles, deciding where to go!! Good one!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, scary about the meds and scary about the weather! I'm glad you are okay on both counts. Praying for you and your area. And happy birthday to your sis! And sugar-free chocolate--HEAVENLY!!! So so happy for you What you said about being scared of storms---me too. Thunder and lightning make me want to hide in closets.

Jen, I hope you feel much better today.

RABBIT, glad that migraine is somewhat better.

om, fw, hikr00, SD, have a great Friday!

Much got done yesterday. For Friday:

1) Breakfast for guests DONE
    2) Clean screened porch
    3) Clean litter boxes
    4) Dinner with DH, DH's brother, his wife, maybe DH's sister 5:00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The headaches are finally gone. Had a few bad days from being very sleep deprived.
    Went to Garage sale and the rains hit. DD,her boyfriend and Dh and I were supposed to get a pizza and hit the beach for a park picnic but it's iffy now. DH also has an interview at home at 4 pm. I am wondering if we should go to the Sportsmans' Club for the fish fry. It's much more expensive but DD seems serious w/ this guy and we hardly know him.

Too those that asked if I am ok-Not so much right now but I will bounce back. Just many life "things" weighing on me. I wish i could bring Ds home,make Dmom well and put DH in a job and bid all these obnoxious recruiters farewell.

We hit S.A. and I fell prey to temptation. All the cookbooks were $1.99-$1. and some of those 1/2 off.I am a super sucker for club and school hometown ones,defunct restaurants and just odd things. Some I use and others just enjoy reading. So I think about 20 followed me home. I told Dh it was his own fault for going to the van to catch a few.So kidding,he is a tolerant man on that subject. I wasn't in there more than an hour.
    DH found a Tigers ball cap and was happy. Nothing I got was necessary but going out was.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you're feeling better, FW. Life gets us all down sometimes.

Pinetree, I was thinking about you again while I was trying to get stains out of my good plastic which is now permanently stained from microwave popcorn. Don't take that personally, since there's no connection between you and stained plastic that I know of. Anyway, what made me think of you was that I was also thinking about our good homemade popcorn instead of the not as good micro popcorn and how I eat the HM without salt, and that's what made me think of you because when I think of salt-free food, I usually try to figure out if it might work for you or not. Anyway again, when I make salt-free popcorn which I usually do, I add black pepper to it instead of salt. Just put it in the popper with a little bit of oil (doesn't take very much), and when it's just starting to pop, toss in a tiny amount of black pepper to taste. Finish popping as usual and you'll have pepper popcorn. Just remember to start out with a very small amount of pepper till you learn how hot you want the flavor to be, because it can get fiery if you put in too much. If you don't like hot foods, this probably isn't for you, but I thought I'd mention it in case.

It's just as easy to make homemade kettle corn, although if you can't have sugar it might not be acceptable. This can be made with or without oil. I usually use 2 Tbsp. popcorn kernels and 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, although I'm sure less would also work. Before starting the popcorn, measure out the sugar and have it right by the stove, ready to dump into the popper. Then heat up the popper and when the popcorn just starts to pop, quickly dump the sugar in and finish the popping. The sugar melts and makes a very light, sweet glaze on the popcorn. So good! This glaze is, unfortunately, next to impossible to clean off the popper so if it's something you want to do a lot, I'd buy a new popper and keep it just for making this. It's so much better than store-bought kettle corn it's unbelievable, all warm and crunchy with just that delicate sweetness. I don't make this often because I'm trying to avoid sugar myself, but I should try making it in a cast iron chicken fryer sometime. That would be easier to clean up afterward.