2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 77
Page 77 of 271 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I use jolly time popcorn, air pop it in my 35 yr. old popper, and spray it with I cannot believe its not butter,,, yum, no calories, sugar, carbs,,,, its just yummy! But I might try your ideas. Thanks for the pictures it sure is beautiful where you live, does that lake have walleye?? umm.

FW, I sure hope things would straighten out for you. So happy you got some sleep and got rid of the headache!

ilc, Thanks, try some walleye if you can.

RABBIT, thanks, sometimes theres nothing to do but laugh....

Jen, feeling for you.

Hikroo, hang in there!

Niko??? You sleeping? Sure hope so!

OM, I dont know why the U but, thats ok, loves hearing from you!!

Just got another 3/4 in.rain dumped on us,, now the sun is out and boy are those clouds growing....

Bye, climbing back under my bed..... This is going to be one heck of a weekend, any guesses??
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All our lakes have walleye. It's a huge game fish here, along with muskies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All this talk about popcorn has made me realize I need another popcorn popper. Mine died a few years back and I don't like the microwave ones. I used to put a few drops of Red Hot Sauce on it, yum!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use one of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-...ds=whirley+pop
    We think they make the best popcorn and we have the option to use as much or as little oil as we want or none at all.

I try to keep microwave popcorn out of the house, but we buy it for camping because it's more convenient in the camper to just use the microwave. We bought it in anticipation of our trip to South Dakota that got canceled, so unfortunately it was around. The Whirley Pop takes about the same amount of time to make popcorn as the microwave, but of course we have to stand there and turn the crank, such a hardship.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use one of these:
    Amazon.com: Wabash Valley Farms 25008 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper: Electric Popcorn Poppers: Kitchen & Dining
    We think they make the best popcorn and we have the option to use as much or as little oil as we want or none at all.

I try to keep microwave popcorn out of the house, but we buy it for camping because it's more convenient in the camper to just use the microwave. We bought it in anticipation of our trip to South Dakota that got canceled, so unfortunately it was around. The Whirley Pop takes about the same amount of time to make popcorn as the microwave, but of course we have to stand there and turn the crank, such a hardship.

I just ate the last of the WW meals from the store and have to wonder why I bought them. A moment of madness. It was nice to have a break from cooking for a minute though. But this was rigatoni with chicken and broccoli and almost all pasta, which is bad. I didn't bother counting the pieces of chicken but did read the ingredients. Why does chicken need sugar added to it? Or tapioca? And four or five kinds of sugars listed by other names in the entire product? And I'm not even going to discuss the sodium. I never buy that kind of frozen dinners otherwise. Why did I think just because it's WW-endorsed it would be any different than the usual processed crap? I did count the broccoli. There were seven little pieces. All of these dinners were that way, hardly any veggies in any of them. Yet the program encourages people to eat more fruits and veggies. Oh, well, it was worth the experiment. I'm saving the boxes from the ones I liked. There are similar recipes in my WW cookbooks that I should be able to compare to the ingredients on the boxes (the good stuff, not the stuff I can't pronounce) and then make WW freezer meals myself that actually are healthy for me, and add in extra veggies for extra flavor. It's going to be fun to see what I come up with. I have several favorite WW freezer meals but need to branch out a little and get more variety, which is why I was willing to try out the ready-made ones, I guess. Boredom with food is the kiss of death when I'm trying to eat right, so I try to avoid that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 today. Too much pain, and I cannot get warm. I hope I'm not coming down with something.

Tomorrow I have to take hubby to get a blood test and x-ray. He is still having trouble with his knee. Maybe we can stop at the farm after that. I also need to make my Zaycon order. It's the last of the $1.69 chicken breasts. Hopefully I can get some of this laundry done this weekend, too.

Have a great weekend, Everybody!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

I just had the point about whole grains proved to me again. I ate the WW rigatoni, made with refined pasta instead of whole wheat, an hour ago and I'm already hungry. It's no wonder I'm fat, considering I love pasta. Another reason to DIY it and limit all pasta. Veggies are my friends. That should be my new mantra. LOL.

I got my walk in, a short one because we're leaving any minute to do errands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

went to the Sportsman Club and had the the fish dinner w/ Dh,DD and her Boyfriend
    It was nice. Managed to spill a piece of key lime pie on the floor! But we had a nice time getting to know each other. I laugh he has a lot of similar traits to my DH.
    But he is more personable. We got to eat out on the patio and it was nice.
    The beach will wait for another day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Forgot to say DD got a personal call from the Neimans. (owners of the store). They want to get her on the schedule soonest. She was flattered. I guess her old job had Caleb quit on the spot and Kaitlin has an interview w/ Neimans. So the owners wife pulled the manager outside for a whats? UP?. They now are at 1/2 staff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saturday:

1. Find pail to gather dock tools in for storage. Then when we need them, we can just grab the pail out of the garage.
    2. Level dock and put legs down.
    3. Move four pallets down to lake.
    4. Figure out where the heck to place the pallets.
    5. Drag HydroBike down to lake and see if pallet idea works.
    6. Drag second HydroBike down to lake if pallet idea works.
    7. Take bikes for a spin, finally.
    8. Figure out how to chain up bikes to trees.
    9. Call it a day.

Hopefully this all won't take too long.

If we have any energy left, we can get started on the garage gutter project. Not holding my breath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, fabulous about your DD's job! And the boyfriend---glad you got to know him a little better. Hope you are able to sleep well.

SD, those processed frozen things from ANYbody seem to be mainly artificial or bad ingredients. I'm always amazed at how few really good things are in them. Have a productive day doing lake/water stuff.

Jen, I sure hope you start feeling better SOON.

pinetree, I hope the weather there is better today than it has been.

I Googled "walleye" and found out that there are a few rivers/lakes way up in north Georgia that have them. There's even a Walleye Fishing in Georgia handbook online that is published by the state. I'm now well-educated about walleye!

Went to dinner at a good fish place last evening with DH, his brother and brother's wife, his sister and her son and daughter-in-law. Huge portions and great service and a lot of fun. We ate too much and spent too much money, so eating out the rest of the month will be very limited except for breakfast after church on Sundays, and then we get the senior citizens' breakfast $2.99 each.

Didn't get the porch cleaned yesterday so that will be done today with DH's help.

For Saturday:

1) Clean porch
    2) Record recent expenditures
    3) Sweep/polish upstairs hall, downstairs hall, and stairs
    4) Decide on menus for the coming week
    5) Package ground beef for the freezer

Have a good Saturday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen - hope you and your DH have a better day today

fw - how nice to enjoy the company of your DD boyfriend. Happy to hear that she can leave that other job behind her and start one that will treat her right.

SD - have fun on your spin around the lake!

ilc - after you get your porch cleaned you'll have to sit on it awhile and relax!

Didn't get anything done yesterday because I had to meet DH in town to look at lawn cutters. We were there two hours trying different ones out and I think we made our decision. I HATE the thought of spending the money although we need something to replace our old one.

Saturday
    1 - finish cutting lawn
    2 - run through on house (done)
    3 - find planter in pole barn, this is going to have to be dug out (DH = hoarder)
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

feeling so much better today mentally and physically. That mess really blindsided me. Supposed to be garage saleing in the the sub next to us but we are overloaded w/ stuff already. I can always find something to upgrade to but should I?? lol
    This one is close and gets a little wild w/ the driving because it's tight in there so I debate. We also have a grad party at 2 p.m. about 1/2 hr. from here..

Oh,this guy may be the one! DD was asked if she could work at Neimans until 2:30 a.m. shift to fry donuts. And I said I am not picking you up then and DH said sometimes because he has to leave for work at 6.a.m. that would be bad. So BF says I will. I said you will get up and drive her to work all the way over here and go back-yep. Oh,he loves her! Drat,now I may have to help him untangle his financial aid loan mess. But my DD has someone who is devoted to her! That is so lovely and about time after all these mooks!

3 plus
    -laundry
    -vaccumn/sweep
    -put dishes away
    -pay the health ins.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Its so good to hear you feeling better! I hope you DD has found the right job, and a new love just for her. Sometimes these kids need help, see what a good Mom you are!

Jen hugs to you and Hubby, hope you feel better soon.

ilc, what kind of fish did you get? love fish, and if you have walleye, you need to go fishing!! Storms again today, its almost 1 pm and the skies are getting black, ugh

RABBIT, have you noticed that those bikes that we put bids on are being moved around and maybe put in the water? I was under the impression that SD was going to buy one on her own?? lol, lol Hope you have a blast and dont foget the camera!!

Geez, I was feeling like my popcorn popper was realy old, well I guesss it is, but my son bought one yesterday, he bought the presto air popper, the darn thing looks just like mine, so now I feel like mine isnt very old and feels pretty modern! Now I dont have to hide it all the time!! lol

Niko, getting any sleep yet?

SD, if you have fish ,dont you fiish? Fish has almost no calories, and would be a good food for weight loss, plus the vitamins from it. And you have walleye and pike??

Ok, I need to go, I am bouncing around, and it will only get worse, so you all have a great day, I will be thinking about all of you!
    Thank you all so much for everything, I appreciate each and everyone of you!!

OH, OM, having smoked Hamburgers in lettuce wrap, bakes beans and fresh pineapple, brocolli I need to figure out if I can stil have that potato salad you taught me how to fix, with the dollop, of sour cream!! Did I ever Thank you fir It?. Thank You!

RABBIT, I found a recipe for baked fries from you!! Thank You!!

ah geez, I forgot, No list today except try to walk and move around. This is an example of not being able to focus...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

PI e tree baked taters half mayo half sour cream cheese, bacon green onion ranch if u like...it be cackling when I figure the budget..will post success and flops..