2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 78
Page 78 of 271 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - I was under the impression that SD was getting *our* bikes in the water and testing them to make sure we wouldn't have any problems with them! LOL! Race you around the lake!!!!

3/3 today and I got a lot more done outside. Had to cut some lower limbs off of some trees because the new lawn machine sits higher and I don't want to get clunked in the head. Have to say, I'm even looking forward to getting it. Well it's time to start thinking about what's for dinner. Have a great evening everyone.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Take 2: I had a long post all typed up and lost it. Hate when that happens.

ILC, it's not just the frozen food that's so bad, it's all the stuff that comes in a box or is processed in pretty much any way. Even stuff like frozen turkey is pumped full of sodium. It's really hard to find food that hasn't been messed with anymore.

Pinetree, I'd love to have you and my other friends drop by for a spin on the bikes! Minnesota is a world-class destination for fresh water fishing, but no, we don't fish. Color us weird. Even if we did fish, most fish anywhere in the US is loaded with mercury so consumption should be limited. Plenty of people eat it though.

OM, sounds like you're getting a handle on the budget.

Rabbitt, feel free to drop by and test out the bikes! You guys can race around the lake all you want, but keep in mind it's a 2,500 acre lake so if you stick to the shore, it could take you a while! Congrats on the new lawn mower. Sounds like a nice improvement for you.

I have to confess we decided not to work on the bike project today. There were lots of reasons, but mostly we wanted to just take a day off and have some fun, so we went to a nearby town for their city-wide rummage sales. We spent about $65 and got lots of goodies. Among other things, we got:
    ~a box of crochet thread, $1.
    ~smallish crewel embroidery kit depicting a squirrel, NIP, $1.
    ~four piece set of Pyrex Visions saucepans, two each pans and lids, perfect condition, free.
    ~big roll of bird netting, $1.
    ~set of tools in hard case, $5.
    ~set of ramps, $15.
    ~bag of clothes including four brand-name zip-front sweatshirts and twelve tees, $1.
    ~box of sewing patterns, all women's, most of them new and uncut, $1. I kept 17, gave Mom 7, and donated 17 to GW on the way home.
    ~beer stein depicting wolves, NIB, $2.
    ~two dock bumpers, $1 each. Almost bought those for about $20 each last time we were out of town, so those paid for a good share of our fun today.
    ~four vintage Corningware single serving casserole dishes, $1.
    ~bag of assorted hardware, .25.
    ~two Rubbermaid cereal keepers to use to store dog food, .75.
    ~vintage Corning seed sprouter, NIB, $3.
    ~assorted flower pots, free.
    ~vintage blue glass pint Ball jar, $1.
    ~2 large (72 cell?) plant starter trays with clear domes, NIP, $1.
    ~several yards of burlap, free.
    ~2 six-foot pipe clamps, $1 each.
    ~speed square, $1.
    ~drop hitch draw bar for utility trailer, $10.
    ~like-new large stainless steel veggie grill pan, $4. (Might have been less. Husby was working a deal.)
    ~Toby Keith CD, $2.
    ~water ski belt, NIP, $2.

I'm sure there was more but I can't recall everything. It was fun and we got good, useful stuff. We need to stay away from sales now for a while, and continue to only attend the ones we know are always exceptionally good.

Mom got some good deals too and some things she's been looking for, like a box of nylon fabric for $1. It contained at least ten yards of fabric in just two of the pieces, and several other smaller but still large pieces. She's been looking for something to make a cover for her grill, and this should keep The Pig covered for years. She also had just mentioned she might want to get another canary and not five minutes later we rolled up on a sale that had a really nice bird cage and hanging frame. That looks new and was priced at just $1. She bought it just in case. The stand would make a nice plant hanger in the house if nothing else. Otherwise, it won't break the bank if she donates it later.

We did get the dock leveled when we got home, and put the legs down on the lake bed, so the dock looks better and is more comfortable to walk on, plus a lot more stable. It's pouring rain now, and we're expecting strong storms overnight and more rain tomorrow, so I don't know if we'll get anything done outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my goodness I miss a day and I'm way behind on what everyone is doing!

DH finished painting the master bedroom and I went through today and put the switch plates and plug covers back on the outlets etc. Then I went to the next room he's going to paint (the craft room. YAY!!) and took the switch plates and plug covers off the wall. Our new washer came yesterday but the dryer won't come till Wednesday.

We bought this silly little rubber duck that you use to dispense chlorine in your pool. You stick the tablets in the base below the duck. Well our pool has its own built in dispenser thingy but we just fell in love with the duck so we got him and tossed him in. He looks so stinking cute floating around. Oh and he has two little solar panels so he soaks up the sun in the day and glows at night. BONUS! However, he listed a little to the side in the water so we purchased some of the glass aquarium "rocks" from the dollar store and dumped them into the base. Now he floats exactly right. Such a silly purchase but we just smile when we look out the window and see him floating alone. We named him Quackers (clearly we are really just large five year olds)

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warm so we are taking off for the day on a little road trip to one of our state parks. We need to get another stamp for our passport and this park has a nice little hiking trail. It's just a little over a mile and fairly flat so very good for DH. He is a little unstable on his feet so we avoid anything that's too hilly etc. Taking our little Cobb grill and picnic stuff. Looking forward to it.

Pinetree that is scary about the storms. I'd be hiding too! You mentioned my crafting the other day...It does seem I'm always making something but what you can't see is the thing I"m making takes me forever. LOL! I get so easily distracted that my projects tend to take a while. I made a quilt for DD out of her old baby clothes and it took me three years! I think she'd given up on it by the time I finally finished it. I kept getting distracted and would move on to another project then wander back to it. I am looking forward to moving to the new house as I will have a dedicated craft room and I can leave things there and come back to it now and then as the day goes on.

Rabbit enjoy the new mower! I love seeing those zero turn mowers in action. So very cool. I think you'll love it.

SD you got some good deals at the sale and your Mom did too. Have fun with the bikes Hope you can get them in the water or at least down to the dock. Your popcorn popper makes me think of making popcorn at my grandmother's house. It's a fond memory (except for the time I nearly lit the curtains on fire. Whoops). We have a Presto one that goes in the microwave. It does a good job but I haven't made popcorn in a while. I should make some and try just spritzing it with olive oil and seeing how that tastes. Maybe I can avoid adding salt to it?

Jkuhns I hope you feel better soon. Sending good well wishes.

FW2 it's good to "see" you smiling again Migraines are just brutal. DDs boyfriend sounds like a nice guy. Glad you got to spend some time with them. And I'm so excited for her new job. It will be so nice for her to get out of the other place.

Ilc if our DD was still living at home we'd wait and have our big meal together too. Family meal time is important and it's good that you stick to that even though you could eat your bigger meal earlier. Our DD married in 2009 and she and her DH live about 40 mins from us. Since it's just us we do the early big meal. When they come over for family dinners though we always eat later because of her DHs work schedule.

DH and I were talking about High School Musical and he doesn't remember ever seeing it. DD had bought it for me and I thought it was really cute so told him I'd watch it with him. He'll probably be asleep 20 minutes into it Hope you all have a good night!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD way to go. On your finds.. will post tomorrow. Will catch up, with all. Sleepy here

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OMG everyone is so energetic today.
    SD-cool haul but that is EXACTLY why I forced myself to stay home again.

Decided not to go to the grad party (DH issues) and stayed home and brushed out Yogi. He lost so much fur but I know it will take a few more times. Man he has a good nose. I was throwing a piece of wood 3/4" x 1/2 for him and he can find it even though I keep switching where and making sure he doesn't see.
    He missed his calling as a search and rescue for sure.
    Didn't do anything on a list-too sunny/don't care. lol I ate provolone slices for dinner! And I been playing an old computer search game about vampires. So official day off!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We'll be forcing ourselves to stay home quite a bit this summer. Most of what we bought was stuff we can and will make use of. Some of it, like the dock bumpers, is things we'd have bought retail anyway so it paid us to go today. Some, like the pipe clamps, we would never buy retail due to the cost but will use them enough to be worth owning them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi up early hi to everyone.
    How do u flip back page on a android tablet. .....
    well I am over myself now because I spent 25...not budgeted for....it was really a good bargain.
    today sweep and mop
    cat litter
    Bible study
    Omac, sticky chicken, chicken broccoli and rice, and taco pasta 2 of each. Will make creamy pasta next weekend. And black. Bean burgers later o n in the week.
    Have a great Sunday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sweep and moping done, Cat litter done, . Taco pasta done made 3 pans. Cooking long grain rice now f or chicken and rice...be back later....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am celebrating today, A few months ago I didnt think I would see today, but its My Birthdsy!! Yippeeee, I'm 62 and applying for social security tomorrow.

I'm Eating sugar free cake and frosting, had my smoked burgers last night. I guess you never know if this will be your last.

So I am not doing a thing today, well I mean cleaning, walking etc.. I might just sit outside all day, well until the storms move in!!

The kids bought me all kinds of flowers for my pots, and Dh picked some of my peonies and brought them in for the table, they smell so good!!

I will eat a piece of cake for each one of you!! oh yum!!!

Have a fantastic day and hugs to everyone!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So glad you're still here, Pinetree! It sounds like your family made your day special.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy birthday pinetree

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

happy birthday pinetree. I vote you eat a bite of cake for each of us so you will be here next year.
    Have a wonderful day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

happy birthday Pinetree, enjoy your cake

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday, Pinetree!

Got a good bit done this weekend. The Zaycon order is done, and my house is (mostly) in order again. Hubby is doing OK. He's not trying to do too much and staying off his knee. I got over whatever it was that was making me feel so bad, too.

Looking forward to the new week.

Tomorrow:

1. Make appointment for hubby. He had the tests, now he needs to go back to see the doc.
    2. Make a grocery list for my stock up shopping trip... I'm planning to go on Tuesday.
    3. Dehydrate some lemons and potatoes. I'm a little overstocked and don't want them going bad.

Have a fabulous day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone
    Jen I have never had dehydrated lemon, before...?
    today I changed the bed clothes in t he wash now will put same ones on the bed again
    not feeling good today.my essential tremors are in high gear today.
    steak and mashed taters for supper. ..
    Dr Who and tea for me today.