2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 271 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Monday List
    Call Dr office see when I can get in to get shot for shingles got a friend that had them she is encouraging me to get the shot.
    Work on embroider
    straighten up house

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Starting the new week and hoping it will be a good one.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Clean off the dining room table.
    3. Look for a project for the evening downtime. I spend too much time online, I need to make better use of my time.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen and daylily, I'm on Synthroid. My doctor doesn't like the generic---says it doesn't work the same. And I've wondered if maybe reducing the dose might help, but I guess I'll find out Wednesday at my appointment. I'm so tired and lethargic and depressed and I can't get warm---cold and shivering all the time. I've been forcing myself to get out as much as possible to at least feel productive. It's rather a miserable feeling.

For Monday:

1) Reset downstairs
    2) Start a shopping list for this week
    3) Put away clean linens
    4) Enjoy the sunshine

That's it, I think. Have a lovely day, everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ladies, thank you for the warm wishes and kind thoughts regarding our weekend trip. We went to Mall of America, a 6 hour drive from our home. All 3 of us had an open weekend and we really needed to do something together. It's kind of funny that after 12 hours in the car, over 700 miles on the road and two nights in a hotel, I didn't actually buy myself anything at the mall. We ate yummy food, including Rain Forest Café and The Magic Pan. We saw a movie, The Hobbit 3 and walked the Mayo Clinic Mile. I spent plenty of cash but didn't find anything more important than time with my family to spend on.

Today is back to normal:

1) Pick up my glasses if the eye doc is open
    2) Two loads of laundry and hand wash a scarf
    3) Update finances--pay VISA for the hotel, balance checkbook
    4) Make laundry detergent

I hope Monday is a good start to your week.

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

piney - thanks for the update

ilc - hopefully your doctor can figure out what the problem is, that is awful to have all of those symptoms.

SallyC - sounds like you had a fun time on your trip!

3/3 yesterday and today also, although I forgot to post my list for today. I've been trying to not eat after dinner and I am finding that I'm sleeping better at night, so maybe that's why I've been so productive lately! Hopefully I can keep this up, it's soooooo hard for me not to eat in the evening.

Tuesday
    1 - clean rabbits litter boxes, vacuum carpet and furniture
    2 - pick up flowers for mom
    3 - exercise

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. Never got to look for a project, though I have a few ideas. Hubby finally agreed to see the doctor today, so I took him and made sure he told the doc everything. Blood tests are next.

ILC, I hope the doctor can help. It's so hard to deal with sometimes. I'll be thinking of you.

Tomorrow:

1. Call to schedule Hubby's blood work.
    2. Try to repair the little dog bed...he has it all torn up.
    3. One load of laundry.

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 sun
    3/3 mon

Tues
    ultrasound test
    heart Dr. appt
    check grocery sales

I am a nervous wreck waiting for these appts tomorrow, trying really hard to to keep crazy thoughts out of my head.

Feel better ilc.

Have a Wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2 and 1/2 done didn't do very much straighten up house been lazy day.
    Tuesday list
    Laundry
    Dr get a shot
    get few things while I am in town

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts and comments. I am SO ready to talk with the dr. about how I've been feeling.

pinetree, make sure you let us know how everything goes with your tests. I'm thinking of you!

Didn't get laundry put away yesterday.

For Tuesday:

1) Reschedule appointment with periodontist DONE
    2) Put away clean laundry
    3) Go to luncheon with friends
    4) Make list of meds to give to dr. tomorrow
    5) Gather items to donate

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    Today is back to normal:

1) Pick up my glasses if the eye doc is open
    2) Two loads of laundry and hand wash a scarf
    3) Update finances--pay VISA for the hotel, balance checkbook
    4) Make laundry detergent
    I didn't do my finance updates or pick up my glasses yesterday. I'll admit, I wasn't highly motivated to do either. My finances are fairly current except for the VISA charges from the hotel last weekend. If everything comes through today, I can pay it all in one go. The glasses are prescription sunglasses; since I didn't go out at all yesterday, I didn't really need sunglasses.

I did realize that I needed more breakfast foods for the week so I made some maple syrup flavored waffles and pear muffins.

Tuesday's list:

1) Get the crock pot started at about 10:00
    2) Finance updates

After I get that stuff done, I'll figure out what I should do next.

Happy Tuesday!

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - thinking of you and your appointments today, hopefully all went well.

Tomorrow is day 29 for my great nephew, this is the day that they will test his bone marrow again to see if there is any cancer still detected. I was in my mom's area today (she's 40 miles from me) so I bought her some flowers as Thursday is the anniversary of my dad's passing. Between my sisters, nephew and his wife, my mom will be with someone all day. Thankful for that.

3/3 today again!

Wednesday
    1 - mop all floors, clean master bedroom and bath
    2 - desk work
    3 - shred cheese and freeze
    4 - make sloppy joes for DH's lunch

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3 today. Woke up with vertigo...took me an hour to get out of bed. Made Hubby his appointment, but that's all I did today. Hoping that tomorrow will be better. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow and I'll need to go pick up my car(tune up) so I hope there isn't too much snow.

ILC and Pinetree, please let us know how the appointments went. I'm hoping you both get good news.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Try to fix dog bed.
    3. Dehydrate apples. I bought them on Saturday, and keep putting it off.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    Tuesday's list:

1) Get the crock pot started at about 10:00
    2) Finance updates
    I got yesterday's small list done as well as picking up my glasses from Monday's list. I got deep into finance and planned out the budget for Friday's paycheck. I also did some conservative projections of where the college fund will be at various times in the year. My daughter is paying for junior year and we are paying for senior year. She'll be fully funded as of August 1 and we should be funded for our end by the end of 2015.

I never, ever could imagine seeing the end of this journey. When she was in grade school and college loomed far away, we started a tiny fund--just $25.00 per pay cycle. I reasoned that if we could only give her the most basic of basics when it came to education, that we wanted her to have a fully funded associate's degree at the community college 3.5 miles from our home. I didn't want to think about what went beyond. After we finished saving for community college, finished our emergency fund and saved for modest cars, I began to see what might just be possible. We owed just about $25,000.00 on our house. If we didn't have a mortgage, we had the potential to save for college like crazy.

When my daughter graduated from high school, a very generous relative gifted her with 1/2 the cost of her associate's degree. Between that amazing gift and what was in her savings account, she has paid the entirety of her first two years of college. We began to see what we had saved as the beginnings of the fund for her upper class years.

We paid off our mortgage on June 27, 2014. Over the summer we set aside enough money to replace our saggy bed and then got to work saving for her next two years at school. My daughter has also been saving an amount appropriate to her earnings as a part time manager at a local retail store. She also calculated her expenses (cell phone, car insurance, support for her sponsored child in the Congo, as well as personal expenses) and has been depositing those funds for the last 12 months. At the end of July, she'll have enough money to take care of her needs at school for two years even if she doesn't get a summer job between years.

Because she has done well at community college, the university she will be transferring to has offered some very generous scholarships. She communicated well with the advisors at school so that her credits would transfer. Having an associate's degree rather than simply earning two years of credits, more or less seals the deal on her gen ed.

That brings our family to today. This week our daughter started her final term at community college, humbly driving a rusty hand-me-down beater (with 206,000 miles), working retail and dreaming of the little college apartment she'll share with her best friend next August.

God has been very good to us. He has blessed our goals every step of the way. When we couldn't see how the plan could possibly come together, we just kept going. Things we never could envision happened to make this dream into a goal and finally, now, into a plan.

So, to today's list:

1) Study all of my information about FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
    2) Gather my information and estimates for 2014 taxes
    3) Fill out and submit FAFSA

Our savings goals were set assuming we wouldn't get one cent of federal aid. Hopefully, my husband being a 65 year-old Viet Nam vet might get her a few grant dollars.

Whew! I was honing my story telling skills this morning. Hopefully, it will help me be "in the zone" for what I need to do today.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    2 and 1/2 done didn't do very much straighten up house been lazy day.
    Tuesday list
    Laundry
    Dr get a shot
    get few things while I am in town
    I did the 3 except get the shot set for 2 hours or more in waiting room and Dr office to find out they don't give the shingle shots he gave me a prescription(not spelled right) take to a drug store they would give the shot but said it probably cost around $180.or $200.Insurance wouldn't pay so I never got shot.

Wed list
    sweep floors (done
    (done
    carry bag trash to dumpster (not done

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SallyC, you've raised your daughter right. How wonderful that she has been so responsible.

Jen, you poor thing, vertigo is the worst! I've had 2 bad bouts of it and wouldn't have minded if I'd died, I felt so awful. Feel better soon.

pinetree, how did your appointment go?

RABBIT, thanks for the update on Cameron.

For Wednesday:

1) Put that laundry away!!!
    2) Dr. appointment DONE
    3) Call for mammogram/bone density scan
    4) Vacuum den
    5) Remind DH to bring in some wood for fireplace---supposed to be 47 degrees and rainy on Friday
    6) Revise menus since DD's work schedule has changed a couple days later this week
    7) Gather more stuff for donation
    8) Renew library books

My appointment went well today. The dr. feels I may be depressed even though I'm already on an antidepressant and I don't feel depressed---just tired and lethargic all the time. I go back next week to discuss results of blood work, especially B12 and thyroid levels. Anyway, I like her and can talk to her. I forgot to tell her I'm cold most of the time so I will make a list to take next week. My blood pressure was down to 108/60 and I've lost 19 pounds in the last 6 months (some of it was due to root canals) but hey, it was worth it.

Have a productive day, everyone.

Page 8 of 271 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast