2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 80
Page 80 of 271 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my column done! Should have been done last week.

I have no energy all of a sudden. Might be the low moving in. It's been cloudy off and on all day, but it's hard to tell what's clouds and what's smoke. We're not at risk here for fire, it's the Canadian fires blowing their smoke our way. Makes the whole area look a little surreal.

Hope I can get a little done in the kitchen. Should have been thawing out some ground turkey to cook up but didn't get it out yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - I bet as the summer goes on you'll find you are getting stronger and you'll be able to go faster and farther on your water bike. Sounds like a great workout and fun at the same time. Would it be impossible to jump off the bike to take a dip and get back on? Just wondering.

pinetree - enjoy your walleye

ilc - my vote is for you to make pie. Wasn't even thinking about pie until I read your post.

2/3 today, decided against the making the salad. Will make tomorrow to go with dinner, tonight I decided on tacos.

Wednesday
    1 - make salad, sweet potato salad, cinnamon muffins
    2 - go into town to pay for zero radius
    3 - dailies
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all and happy Tuesday!

Successful day so far. I'm so excited. I found the second barstool I'd been looking for and two lamps I needed for the living room. Yay! I also found two sheer curtains I need for the living room. I need three more for the windows in the other rooms that face the road but they didn't have them so I'll check back. I had thought I had the DVD for High School Musical and told DH we'd watch it (he's never seen it). However, when I dragged out all the DVDs we had packed and went through them to find it I only have the Third one. I asked DD if she had the 1st but she only had the third one too. I'm not sure why we bought the last but not the first? Anyway, I checked our local Walmart and Target and no dice. I remembered this little independent music store in town and I checked there and they had a preowned copy for 2.97. He asked if I had a store discount card. I haven't been to this store in probably ten years so I said I wasn't sure, it had been a long time. He looked it up with my phone number and they still have me on file and I had enough points to get the DVD for half off. So I got out of there spending 1.57. I don't care if it's used! So that will be fun to introduce DH to it. He likes some musicals but not all so we'll see what he thinks. I have that on tap for tomorrow night as tonight is my craft night. Back to working on the applique...

OM I've heard of sticky chicken but I've never made it. I need to find some new ways to cook chicken and that might be a good place to start.

Pinetree way to go on your sugar free cake and celebration! Party it up! You deserve it And yay for retirement!! DH is 100% disabled so won't be able to work again (seizure, brain cancer, memory issues etc) and last year he asked me to retire early so we could spend more time together. He's very afraid he doesn't have a lot of time left and he didn't want to spend it waiting for me to get done with work. I hesitated because I'm 53 and I feared I might be bored. Oh no, quite the opposite! I'm just as busy now as I was when I was working but I'm having a whole lot more fun with it. Glad your first check is coming soon!

So glad you're feeling better Jen. Hope you hear soon on your DHs test results.

ILC thanks! He got the master all finished and touched up and has moved onto my craft room now. I like the color! It makes me a little nervous though because it's really what I had visualized for the living room and the one I picked for the living room is a bit darker than that. Looking at color chips against the wall is not a good way for me to tell. I'm hoping I love the one that's a bit darker too. But I am nervous...if I hate it we're stuck with three gallons of the stuff! Tonight he says he's going to roll out the rest of the craft room then do any touch ups once it's all dry and then I can start moving in any projects or stuff that I don't need to have here. Progress!! Glad you had a good visit with your DS.

SD I love the bikes! I'm coming up with the others and taking my turn at a spin on the lake! What a beautiful spot. Good luck making the boat hook (you're so clever...I always think of you like MacGyver. That man could take a paper clip and make a car out of it. LOL!

Rabbit aren't rubber ducks the best? When DD got married I bought two rubber ducks...a bride and a groom. I ran them through the dishwasher so they'd be sterilized then threw them in the punch bowl. Everyone loved them. So cute floating along in there. That's a bummer your fence didn't fit right. We need to put up a fence at some point and I dread it.

Hope you have a good night everyone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, I know I'll get stronger, quicker, and hopefully thinner as the summer goes along. It can only be good for me to ride.

Hikr, the boat hook looks weird, works great. It took my literally five minutes to make and that's only because I had to walk into the house for a drill. I had to take Husby to work and he was sitting in the truck waiting when I decided to make it. He didn't even have time to get impatient! I found an old bathroom P trap made of PVC and a hunk of PVC pipe that would slip into it perfectly in my little pile o'junk by the garage, and then just put a screw in to hold the whole thing together. Couldn't be simpler. It works well for pushing and pulling. I know because I needed it this morning after my ride. Now I just have to figure out a boat roller of some kind. I spent some time calling around to various big box stores all over the Range looking for parts and think I might have figured out how to build one of those on the cheap too, since I'm not willing to spend a couple grand on buying one. Not sure about that yet but I have an idea to try at least. I walked down to the dock again (steps!) and looked to see how a boat roller might work down there and got some more ideas, so I'll let all that marinate for a while and see what develops.

I also bought two carabiners at Ace for $3 and made an assist strap that goes from the front tip of one pontoon to the other. Now I can grab the strap in the middle and use both hands to pull the bike up on the hill from the lake, and not have to try to pull it up with my hands three feet apart using the factory loop straps on the pontoons. Much easier. The only thing I don't like about it is it drags in the lake and makes an annoying noise. I can't shorten it either, so I'll probably have to just adjust. I'll look forward to your arrival to take your turn on the bikes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Trying to kill Dh apparently.
    Started killing black ants and then cleaning areas he hadn't gotten all the wet leaves and having him mow. Then in my usual all or nothing mode I yelled get the pruners. I pruned 6 bushes and trees that hadn't been done and had him behind me w/ the bag. He went in wheezing so I pruned 2 more. I can see the whole corner again! I been begging since before Ds left for college.
    I really am debating about another mortgage. I know its so stupid but the back deck needs ripping off and I'm pretty sure the back wall in rotting,the driveway needs doing,the Fam. rm. ceiling,the Fam. floor,a new furnace,etc.!!
    Hopefully, this impulse will pass if i just get one thing done. Right now i want to gut it!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If it's something that's damaging our investment and/or a safety hazard, we move heaven and Earth to pay for repairs because it costs more money in the long run to let it go. The safety aspect is self-explanatory why we feel some things need to be done right away. We've been down that road before and some things just shouldn't be put off. JMO, of course.

You could rip off the back deck and not replace it right away. Just build a small porch and steps for now, to save money while still making the place safer.

Today:

1. Bike or walk if it's not too rainy.
    2. Cook some turkey.
    3. Pre-op check up.
    4. Repack box of stuff for GW.
    5. Load dishwasher.
    6. Make muffins.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning
    llc what did u bake.
    Pinetree I never get tired of fish.. I am as content as I can be...tmi information here. I am sleeping in the bedroom mommy was sick in, and 2 people were molested in.. it has been a big mental issue for me. .. triggers anxiety attacks.. I know I will have my home again. I miss having g a regular income and my own home.. I will have it again.. one day....
    spirit deer u area MacGyver. Thone bikes look like ablast. I wanna turn lol
    jen my linens are a mess.
    rabbit what is sweet potato salad.
    Hikroo I would have retired too. S o undo like the house is coming together. Wtg, on the dvd.
    Fw sounds like u worked hard, our house is not falling down or rotted. But it is very bad shape. Rugs needs replacing I trip on them al, the time..safety issue t can't afford to fix it...

Today clean living room
    clean. Bathroom
    laundry
    sweep and mop
    pasta Alfredo and green beans

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Change of plans going to nursing home to see bestie debbie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD hey the boat hook may look weird but if it works it's perfect and who cares how it looks? I love that you could create one and in a fast time frame too. I'd still be pondering the design years from now...and most likely would never get around to the actual construction. Whoops!

FW2 you got a lot of pruning done. And those black ants..I hate them with a passion. We had an issue with them for a couple of years here in the house. I bought every spray / ant trap known to man I think plus some homemade ones I tried from Pinterest and nothing worked. I finally snapped one day when I walked into the bathroom and there were 15 (yes, 15!!) of the little buggers racing across the floor and I ran around killing them, left the bodies there and called Modern Pest Control. LOL! I came completely unglued. (I did clean up the floor though after I had my fit and fell in it as they say). They came out and began treatment and we have been ant free since then. Worth every penny. When we move we plan to transfer the service to the new house too.

OM I hope you have a nice visit with your bestie. My bestie is up from Florida staying with her parents helping to care for her Mom and we've met twice for breakfast and a nice long chat. I treasure those times. I wish she lived closer.

DH got the craft room all painted last night. We need to go in today and check it out now that it's dried and make sure there aren't any spots that need touching up. If there are he will do that today and if not he will move on to starting to tape the last bedroom. I need to brush down the pool sides and toss the vacuum in and get that running. Hoping the temp climbs a bit outside so it will warm up. It was 64 last night and I am a chicken and don't want to go in when it's that cold. I've been in much colder (our ocean here gets to about 55 and that's it) but that was when I was in my 20's and 30's. In my 50's that's a no go. haha.

Our dryer is being delivered to the new house today so that will work out well. We'll be down there anyway so DH can paint / tape etc and I'll be cleaning the pool so we can be there for the delivery. Tonight we are watching High School Musical I hope DH likes it. I do need to do some work around this house too..should vacuum here as well as the pool. I need a robot vacuum for here too! LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-our deck is shabby but a center feature for us and If I tore it off I would have to replace it. Like I said if I do something soon maybe my brain won't want to do EVERYTHING at once. I worry about opening up a can of worms.

Laundry-bedding
    outside work
    putting away winter in tubs
    other????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT and om, I ended up making brownies from a box---Ghiradelli caramel turtle brownies or something like that. It comes with walnuts but I added a few pecans and boy, they are good.

Jen, you sound better. Great!

hikr00, I'm never bored being retired either!

fw, hope your DH feels better and the ants are gone.

SD, you are amazing with your ability to make things from other things.

pinetree, you've sounded SO much better recently. That makes my heart happy!

I was mopping yesterday when my mop (cheapie steam mop from Aldi) started making very strange and loud sounds. And the water isn't coming through at all. Rather than try to fix it I'm going to spend a few more $$ and get a really good steam mop. This one isn't awful, it's just that the cleaning pads wear through quickly, and it never has really cleaned all that well. Suggestions, anybody?

For Wednesday:

1) Church tonight
    2) Shop for new steam mop
    3) Reset den
    4) Gather stuff for recycling
    5) Go through old sheets, etc., and see what can be donated or used for critter beds

Have a wonderful Wednesday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, of course you're invited to the bike party! Can you bring some sticky chicken?

Rabbit, you asked if I could jump in the lake and then get back on the bike. I think I could, but trust me, it wouldn't be pretty! And I may be too heavy for that. The bikes only weigh 125 pounds so at some point a person in the wrong place would flip it, I would think. Some people use HydroBikes for dive platforms though, so it must be possible. I did see one video of a guy who flipped one by standing on the back end, so apparently that's not the way to go.

Back from my pedal. A truly perfect summer day, not too hot, not too cold, partly cloudy with a brilliant blue sky, no bugs, slight breeze that just barely ripples the water, some fishermen off the end of our dock to BS with. Poor guys had to reel in their lines to let me out. I'm aiming for twenty minutes a day for now, which is about 1,500-2,000 'steps'. It's really hard on my legs but I'm sure that'll get better, and should be better on my knees than walking, which has been taking a toll, too.

You guys think I'm creative, get a load of this guy! I'd love a couple of those but our dock wouldn't work for them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-AZ3N5VV0

Hikr, I was willing to buy a boat hook but the longest one I could find was only five feet. What good would that do me? Half the time the dock is two feet above the water, though not this year. If the boat was that close I could just use my foot. I put both pieces of the trap on the pole but I think I might change that. My creations are seldom perfect so have to be tweaked once I start using them and figure out how to improve them. I figured out the new lift assist strap too. I also found out if I'm headed into even a slight breeze, it throws water up onto the side decks which means I get wet, too. Not acceptable, since we'll be using these in the early spring and late fall when the water is really cold. So I mentally redesigned that while I was out on the lake today, too. I'll have to buy another carabiner and make a longer strap, but it should work fine and it'll be up out of the water, yet convenient when I need to pull the bike out of the water, all for a measly $4.50 for all three 'biners and tax. I'm sure Husby will want one too, so double that, still a bargain. I was going to buy the 'biners for his yesterday, but they only had one so have to wait till they get more next week.

Sure am glad we didn't sell our dock. We hadn't used it for several years and it was expensive and is still valuable, so we talked about it because we had decided against buying a pontoon. It seemed like a shame to have it just sitting there. But now it's just perfect with our bikes, even the size and shape of it which added a lot to the cost. I don't think we'd use the bikes much if we didn't have a dock. We found out last fall what a PITA it is dealing with them without one.

Got my pre-op exam out of the way, so now I'm all approved for the rip and tear and renovation on my left eye. I'll be glad when it's all done at the end of this month. I hate running to town just for an appointment. Their scale shows only a three-pound loss since February. WTH? I'm down into territory I haven't seen in over five years, and have recorded five pounds of loss just in the past six weeks, documented by my wireless scale which only lies a little bit for me. I'm bummed because I thought for sure I'd be showing at least ten pounds on their scale, since I'm down 13+ since 1/1. Maybe they weighed me on two different scales or something. Oh, well, I see my regular doc next month so I'm going to use this as an incentive to try to lose a few more before I see him.

I keep thinking about the cost of our HydroBikes and how expensive they were, even with sale prices and buying one of them used. Then today when I was driving past a hotel here in town and saw a yacht sitting in the parking lot, and realized it probably cost more than my house, I decided my puny little personal pontoons were quite the bargain after all! Of course our bikes don't have exactly the same amenities....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon, and its hump day!

OM, cant stand it any longer, sticky chicken?? Is it hard to make? Recipe? I think we all want it! Keep praying, he will keep you safe from all your memories, and remember they are memories, he is by your side, you are safe. Take care and have fun with your bf! I found a thing about having a frugal baby shower, now have to figure out how to get it to you!

ilc, brownies with nuts, oh yum!! Sure wish I was a baker like you. Happy Birthday to your son! I hope you get to spend alot of time with him..So glad your heart is happy! That means its healhly!!

FW, If you really look at your deck, you might find it really doesnt need that much work. Good Luck with yours. My black ants stay outside around the peonies, I have never had them inside, and dont think I would like that either!

Jen, hope everything is doing ok, how did you DH's tests come out, I'm praying he's ok!

RABBIT, sweet potato salad? Can I eat that? Is it good? I dont like sweet potato fries, is it like that?

SD, I am praying your surgery goes fast and smooth.
    I"m also glad you are allowing all of us up to your house, oh that would be So much fun!! Is there room to strap on my tank?
    Ive hit 2 days on my fitbit, yippee, have 12 more to go, before I can add on...

Hikr00, WTG on your painting, sounds like you are moving right along !

Thanks for the retirement congrats, but I am 62 and can draw early retirement from social security, I am still working, I can make a certain amout of money before I get fined. At 66 you can make as much as you want and they wont fine you. I applied for disability years ago, and then decided I would start the business, and could work my own hours, its worked out ok, as long as the business stays busy. Niko, I know you feel this one too..

Have Dr appt tomorrow, wish me luck! We have storms coming in from the hurricane in mexico, so we are back to flood warnings, etc,, man this is getting old! We still dont have the garden in, and wondering if we will.

Have a wonderful day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you, Pinetree, that means a lot. Plenty of room for your tank, and I will drive you up and down our hill to the bikes, too. You guys do recall I used to organize and host RV rallies, don't you? So gatherings are right up my alley. Which is really odd because I'm not that social.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, didn't you mention your family room ceiling is bowing? Do you know why? We had an incident in our house in Minneapolis where the drain trap in our bathtub was leaking upstairs above the living room and we didn't know it. One day the family was all sitting around watching TV and a three-foot circle of plaster let go and fell right into one of our easy chairs. Luckily, no one was in it at the time. Could a leak be the cause of your ceiling woes? We never had a clue about ours. There was never any sign of water stains or anything amiss in the LR, and the tub was enclosed on the bottom so we couldn't tell anything from upstairs, either. Just a random thought.