2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 82
Page 82 of 271 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby's home from St. Paul so we went out for a spin. It looks like we might have some weather moving in. Hope it doesn't storm. I finally remembered to wear water sandals and found out I actually have to try in order to get my feet wet. I guess my legs are too short or something.

I also found out making a loop to hold my bag wasn't good enough. Once I unfastened the buckle, duh, the strap pulled out of the loop that's sewn into the bag and the bag dropped. Luckily I found that out once we were back on dry land! And luckily as well, the strap I made was long enough to just tie around the bag's strap, so no more work was needed and it can't fall off now. I can just set the bag on top of one of the cup holders and it stays right there. The strap goes around the frame where the handlebars are in case it decides it might like to go for a swim.

Saw a beautiful large walleye out in the lake. Unfortunately, it was dead. But I'm sure an eagle or somebody will find it to be a tasty meal. Maybe that's why it's dead in the first place. But there were lots of live fish jumping out there, with the lake so still and the bugs landing on the water. It was suppertime for everyone, I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I got nothing on my list done today. I was busy all day, but never got to the list. I guess I need to manage my time a little better.

My sister in law called and let me know the farm has a sign out for berries tomorrow, so I'm going to be there bright and early!

Tomorrow:

1. Go to the farm and get some goodies.
    2. Clean out my car. This is dependent on the weather. If it's too hot, I won't be outside.
    3. Pick some cherries and some more snow peas. It looks like the regular peas might be ready, too.
    4. Crochet some washcloths. I did get the yarn out today, but never got around to actually using it.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-last week alone-the entertainment center,A huge metal garage cabinet and a single dining chair that looked fine,and those flat baby gates. All of which I left.
    We have a lot of turn over right now so that was just our block except the chair.Plus the guy up the street sells for his friend who cleans out apt.after evictions and that.

My hands are back after a night of just burning and vibrating. Stupid me-nettles are no joke. I went to go out and work more but literally as I touched the door handle the skies opened.

Rented the "duff". kinda cute. Really want to see Jurassic World. Prob. wait until the crowds die down. Dh would like that as a Fathers Day gift!

yum Walleye $9.99# on sale. You should fish off those hydro bikes!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! Missed my updating the last couple of days. Yesterday was beautiful. 85, sunny and breezy. We spent an hour and a half in the pool. The water temp is 70 (this is Maine, things don't warm up fast. LOL) and that's the bare minimum I like it at before I"ll go in. I've done the ocean swimming at 55 degrees when I was younger. I'm not younger anymore! I gotta say the first few steps in were the worst. The water felt like it was about 40 compared to the air. Once I got in though it was blissful. DH finally made it out there and it took him a while to get in. I told him I wouldn't splash him but I swam around him humming the theme song to Jaws. He was very impressed. ROFL!. He did finally take the plunge though and get all the way in. So that was lovely. And a good calorie burn too. I need to find a waterproof stopwatch so I can do some laps and time myself to try and increase my speed. I like to do some exercise type stuff for a bit then goof off and float on my chair or just leisurely swim then switch back to exercise mode. Our oldest granddaughter loves the water and she'd stay in there till her teeth were chattering. It's hard to get her back out.

The craft room is done! Now he's got the other bedroom taped out and will start painting that either tonight or tomorrow. We are taking this morning off and going to the wildlife park then out to lunch. We allow ourselves one day to eat out and it's always Friday and typically lunch.

FW2 holy moly! The stinging nettles sound awful!! I'm so sorry you got into those. I am glad though you've made some progress on the bushes etc that you wanted to clear out.

Jen happy shopping at the farm! And yay for berries. DH and I were just talking about berries yesterday. Strawberry season is coming in the next few weeks and he's waiting to see what the prices are this year for pick your own. I need to plant some raspberry and blackberry bushes at the new house back towards the woods area because I love to use those to make jams etc. I don't want to plant them though till the excavator is done with his grading etc and lawn work because I'm afraid I'd put them in the wrong place and he'd bulldoze them.

OM thanks for the chicken recipe. That sounds pretty good. I love finding new recipes. I bought a spaghetti squash the other day and am going to have that with sauce one night soon. I've never had spaghetti squash but in the interest of trying new things and decreasing my sodium intake I'm going to give it a shot.

ILC what flea meds did the doc give you? I"m trying to remember the name of the one they gave us but I think it began with a C. Comfortis maybe? We had one cat that was flea free one day and the next day he was covered in them. As luck would have it he was going in that day for teeth cleaning so I asked them what to use and they gave him the Comfortis pill. The vet said they gave him that and had him on the OR table sedated for the teeth cleaning and fleas were literally jumping off of him (so she said anyway!). Seems like we gave him a pill once a month for three months maybe? We never saw a flea on the dog or the other cat but we treated them as well. Plus had to spray the floor (carpet) with some flea stuff and vacuum that up to get any hiding there. Oh it was awful

I hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning house work done. Sweet and mopped. Washed 3 loads of clothes 1 hanging on dry rack today, 2 for dryer. Changed sheets, cleaned off patio table. Hubs helped me. He is bathing the dogs.. Taco pasta for supper
    Fw be gentle on those hands
    Spirit deer u are having too much fun lol
    Hikroo congrats on the craft roo. U have busy
    ILC I need to pi k up fleas meds for my dogs
    jen hugs
    rabbit hugs
    pinetree hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, just reading about your hands made my hands hurt. Take care. We use Gold Bond itch cream and it feels wonderful.

I got a Shark steam mop so today I'll try it out. We forgot to go by the vet yesterday---all our errands were in the opposite direction of the county.

For Friday:

1) Mop
    2) Wash a load of towels and washcloths
    3) Reset the house
    4) Hose down screened porch
    5) Clean out car
    6) Call about having old fridge picked up

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to post yesterday!

hikr - how nice that you were able to swim in your pool, even if it was a little cold! I love spaghetti squash.

fw - never heard of stinging nettles, how awful. Glad your hands are better.

Jen - hope your DH's doctor appointment went well. Have fun picking berries!

om - now the "thanks, WTG, hugs" buttons are working!

ilc - how do you like your new mop? I have never used a steam mop.

SD - were you in socks in the picture? Wouldn't that be hard on your feet? I'm thinking of bike pedals which would not be comfortable.

Well, I am one of those people who would like to get rid of my entertainment center. We have had a pine 3 piece unit for 23 years and I'm sick of it. When our tv died a couple of years ago (at 27 years of age) we had to buy a new small tv to fit in the doors. It was smaller than my old tv. That's not why I hate it though, it's just such a big piece of furniture and I'm all about less is more now. I love the bottom part of it but hate the top part where all the shelves and tv doors are so DH suggested cutting the top off and painting the bottom and using it that way. I LOVE the idea and that is what we will do when we have time, probably this fall. I just hope that it is paintable.

I have the day off and no where to go. Love days like this where I can stay home all day, I could stay here for 2 weeks straight without leaving my property in the summer and not get sick of it or bored.

Friday
    1 - make crockpot black beans, roast veggies for tonight's pizza
    2 - dailies
    3 - vacuum furniture and carpet

Our zero radius is being delivered today and of course it's supposed to rain every day this weekend so we won't even be able to test it out. It's already poured this morning and I think it's supposed to rain on and off all day.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sleep late and then do some work in the kitchen before logging on, and this place explodes! Everyone has a lot to say today. Love that.

Jen, have fun berry picking! The strawberries are in bloom there but we rarely see any. All the wild critters love them too. We do get some wild raspberries sometimes. Our house is surrounded by them.

FW, we've picked up several metal garage cabinets from the metal pile at the dump. One is an old exam table, like a medical clinic would have. It's on really nice wheels and has lots of good storage. Someone had put a thick wooden top on it, so when I get that far I'm going to put my drill press and router table on it. Or maybe the chop saw. I like cabinets on wheels because then I can easily move tools to the center of the garage floor so there's plenty of space around the tools for long pieces of lumber or pipe or whatever. We might have been interested in the metal cabinet! Jurassic Park does look interesting but we'll wait till it comes on the regular channels on Dish. We'll have to watch reruns of the first three till then! LOL. We could fish off the bikes. People do, and there are accessories for fishing from them. We just can't get into fishing though. I know, we should have our Minnesota citizenship revoked and be forced to move off the lake. We're a disgrace as Minnesotans.

Hikr, I'm so impressed with the progress you're making on the painting. You'll be able to move in in no time! If it was me, I'd be moving stuff already because I wouldn't be able to stand waiting.

OM, we are having fun! I've been worried all winter we wouldn't like the bikes once we could really use them. We don't have a good track record with outdoor toys and usually end up liking the idea of them more than the reality. Which is why we had a runabout, a canoe, and a paddle boat we never used and finally got rid of.

ILC, I love that phrase: Reset the house. Let us know how you like the new steam mop. I've looked at those and think they're a great idea, but never have heard from someone who actually has one how well they work.

Rabbit, yes, I had my shoes off in the pic. The Crocs just weren't working for me. They felt like they were going to fall off for some reason, so I beat them to it and took them off. The bike pedals are comfortable and I'm sure there will be times I pedal barefoot when the weather gets hotter. I'm not a person who wears shorts, so when it's hot out I like to put my feet in the water to cool off, so that's the plan. Although I wore one of my pairs of Keens (the cheap thrift store ones ) which are meant to get wet last night, and those were very comfortable to pedal in so I might designate them my official bike sandals. The bike pedals are flat with ridges on them for traction, but they're not sharp or anything. There are instructions online for painting different surfaces, so I bet your entertainment center can be painted. Taking the top of it off sounds like a good plan if you like the bottom. Maybe the top would make nice storage in some other spot. You know me, not afraid to slice and dice if something isn't working for me, so I'd go for it of course! I'd love to see before and after pics when the time comes, if you want. I love a good redo and it doesn't have to be mine for me to love it!

Husby agreed with me that moving the rocks he moved Monday improved the problems with our lake shore and makes it easier to lift the boats out, so for now, we don't have to do any more with the project. Things are always subject to change due to erosion, but for now I'm very glad we didn't waste any more time trying to figure out what to do down there. The new dock box still has to be bolted to the dock, but I don't expect to do that till next spring because I think we'll have to get underneath the dock to do it, and I'm not very interested in doing that with the dock still in the water. My luck I'd lose a toe to a snapping turtle or be attacked by a giant muskie and need 900 stitches.

My eye surgeon's office called me yesterday afternoon and SURPRISE! they want me to come in today to measure my eye and make sure the new lens they ordered for me will fit. I love how doctors assume we can just drop everything to make these last minute appointments. So yippy skippy, we get to make a 100-mile round trip on a June Friday afternoon, when northbound traffic is always crazy. At least it's not a holiday weekend and hopefully all the boat-pullers will have gotten a little practice already after not towing anything all winter, and nobody does anything too stupid around us, like pass on a blind curve while towing a huge pontoon or camper and yes, that happens more often than I really like to think about. I just keep reminding myself we chose to live in a town without all the medical services of a bigger place, and are choosing to stay here now because of all the other benefits we have, and chose to live in a tourist town, too. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm just grumpy about having to go.

I got salads made for supper, so when we come home hungry, it'll be ready to eat. Fast food at its best, and I used up a bunch of stuff from the fridge and some cooked chicken I had forgotten about from our over-stuffed freezer, which is actually beginning to show some empty spaces, finally. I'm trying to figure out what to take in the cooler for snacks because I'm sure we're going to be hungry. I'm hoping we don't go anywhere but the eye place. That would save time and money and general grumpiness.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-no because if i got after you for that then you could get after me for the never had venison thing. Yes,i've been offered to try it but I worry about eating wild game people offer and health of the herds.

Still sick and it's gone from my nasal area to my chest. I will just curl up today and work tomorrow in the yard. Weather is off and on dreary w/ a side of rain anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like venison but can't eat it anymore. Have I mentioned we live in the woods and don't hunt, either? I know, I know...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon

spent most the day sitting here blabbering with bff, Boy can we talk, it never ends!!

Didnt post yesterday, went to Dr. didnt get home until after 6, I quit my new statin, we are starting an over the counter on. this one gives you hot flashes, so this should ber fun!! lol. Also staying on the half of my diabetic pills.

Made appt with my cardiologist, cant get in until july 13, but have no choice, the Dr, here cant really treat my heart, so hes going off what my big town Dr is telling him, He told me yesterday I give him headaches, and doesnt have time for my questions.. Made me feel really good, I almost cried. He did show me test with a graft on it and says This is really good, this means your heart is healing itself,,, Yes!! yippeee!!!

My potassium is high, now I have to give up green leafy veggies, squash, beans, fish, oranges, bananas, almost everything I eat is on the list, even potatoes..was feeling pretty depressed today, but hoping he was just having a bad day.

But, after the Dr I decided to go to the dollar store!! My bff asked me why that store was the first one to go to in months??? I dont know but I have Fun, bought some catnip, cat toy, which they wont touch, popcorn bowls, that look like what you get in the theater, mini coke glasses, glass coke glasses that look like a can, a 6 large ones..( gave those to the kids) A bucket for me pulling weeds, 4 new planter pots, and 6 new pot holders and hair ties... and I made it back to the truck, on my own!! I am alittle tired today lol! Kids are teasing me its Christmas in June, cause I couldnt do it in Dec, lol

SD Put a fishing net on your bike, that way you can just scoop up the fish!!! Hunting, I dont have anything to do with that one! Great job on the bikes, they really look like fun!! lol 900 stitches, lol, I think my Mom had a lens put in her eye, years ago, to help keep her vision, she was legally blind, but she could see after the lens and wearing her glasses. the surgery was no big deal. Hope it works as well for you too!

ilc, how good is you mop? I get on the floor on my hands and knees, my kitchen is small tho, maybe 8x12. How was your sons Birthday?

FW, I never heard of stinging nettles either, are they a weed or do you plant them? Glad you are feeling better tho, that sounds horrible! Now if you can get rid of the creeping crud in your chest!!

Jen, Hope you get lots of berries and peas, love them all. Sending up good thoughts for your hubby!

RABBIT, If you have time off, head up to the lake!! I'm sure her DH will let you have your bike!!

OM, thanks for the recipe, I am going to try that recipe for subisitute soy sauce, that has way too much soy sauce,, specially if you double it But it sounds good! Heres that baby shower thing, I hope this works.. you know how computer stupid I am.. try misssmaesdays.com (baby-shower-on-a-budget) I hope it works for you.

Niko, Hows it going?

Hikroo, enjoy that spagetti squash, I love them too! yum!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 06-12-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lost my message, now it showed up?
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - that's cool that you don't really have to wear shoes on the bikes. I hate wearing shoes when I'm by the water or in a boat so that would be wonderful. I was thinking that the petals would hurt without shoes. When we do the entertainment project I will certainly take before and after photos and post them. I'm excited about doing it and I think it's going to look great. (at least in my mind it's going to!)

pinetree - I can't believe your doctor said that to you!! Glad to hear that your heart is showing signs of healing. You really have been working hard on taking care of yourself, it must have felt good to hear some good news. As far as SD's husband's bike, I was thinking of offering him a trade, he can "play" on our new zero radius (I'll even let him turn the blades on and drive around the lawn!) ((wink)) and I'll play on his water bike. Think he'll go for it?!

fw - sorry to hear that your sick, something is going around. Hope you kick it quickly and it doesn't stick around all weekend.

Where did this day go? I slept in this morning till 7 which I never do and you know what they say, "lose a hour in the morning and you'll never find it", well I lost 2 hours. I hate when I sleep in, I always regret it. I thought I was getting a migraine and took something and went back to bed to try to get rid of it, at least that worked.

I did get everything done that I wanted to so I feel good about that. I have been watching the cottontails out front and the hummingbirds out back. I love how the hummingbirds will go to the feeder and then fly to the maple tree to rest for a few minutes and then back again. Until I started to feed them, I never knew hummingbirds rested in trees. Gobie, my Boston Terror, caught a gardner snake today. I knew he had got something in the yard but thought he had a bird or a bunny. I got my gloves on and a bag and went out there to pick up the kill and saw that it was a little snake. He didn't kill it so I let it go in the field. Hopefully it was okay. I refer to my backyard as the "killing fields" because my dogs will kill anything in it.

Tomorrow is volunteer day with the dog rescue so I won't get to much done. DH has to work so I'm hoping when we both get home there will be enough time to put another railing section up on the back porch. With all this rain we've been having I'm so appreciative of my new cement pad. No more having to squeegee off the back porch a hundred times and clean up water in the basement.

Saturday
    1 - clean rabbit pen, clean rabbit and cat litter boxes
    2 - reset house ( I like this phrase too!)
    3 - do errands in town before adoption event
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Only managed to get 2 quarts of berries today, but they will have more tomorrow, so we're going back. I keep hoping for black raspberries, but it is a little early for them. I didn't clean out my car today, it was 88 degrees with 81% humidity, so I decided not to take a chance. I did pick a few peas, but put off the cherries until tomorrow...it's just too hot. Still no joy on the crochet washcloths.

Hubby has a folic acid deficiency, and arthritis in his knee, but the swelling was just a strain and it's getting better. The doctor says the folic acid supplement will help with the burning sensation in his feet. I'm hoping it works.

We have a few errands to run tomorrow, so we'll be stopping at the farm again. Hope I get there early enough to get more berries. I make jam and jelly for Christmas gifts, and I hate paying supermarket prices for fruit!

No lists for the weekend, I'll be busy, but I'm not sure what I need to get done. I'm just going to wing it.

Have a fantastic weekend, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, do you see the steam coming out of my ears? I can't believe your doc said that to you! What a butt! He and I would have had words if he said that in my presence! But I'm very glad at least he gave you some good news. And I'm also happy you had such fun at the dollar store with your BFF. You needed that! Sounds like you found some fun stuff and some needed things, too. I'm sorry you're taking such a hit on your dietary restrictions. I've never heard of potassium being high before. Usually it's low and people have to take supplements. I hope that straightens out, and your statins, too. I think I'd be in trouble putting a net on my bike if the CO caught me! Not sure what the regs are but at the least I don't have a license for any kind of fishing. Good idea though! It would be interesting to see what got caught up in the net.

Rabbit, I'm not sure about Husby playing with the zero radius. That might be a lot like work! LOL. He couldn't use it around here. But he's happy to share his bike. I told him you guys are fighting over who gets to ride it, and he said to tell you it's ugly so you wouldn't want it. That's pure propaganda though. Maybe he doesn't want to share after all. I'm glad you took the extra two hours to sleep and avoid a migraine. Seems like a fair trade-off.

Obviously, we're back from Virginia and the eye doc. We dropped off two boxes at GW and bought a few things. (Very few.) I found a cute little metal bike basket for $1. I'm hoping I can figure out how to put it on my bike to hold my shoes when I decide to take them off in the middle of the lake again. That would be worth $1. I don't know how I'll attach it but cable ties are a marvelous invention. The big trick will be where to attach it. Not much for options there. Also got a couple more pieces of T-ware I can use for fifty cents each. I keep wondering when that store is going to wise up and start charging more but in the meantime I'll just enjoy paying garage sale prices.

I found Husby a really nice bag LN for $3 at GW. It has a ton of pockets inside and outside and will be perfect for him to use for a carry-on when he has to go to St. Paul again on the charter bus. When we got it home I realized it's a Fischer-Price diaper bag. No wonder it has so many pockets! I looked it up and it sells for around $20, so that's a nice bag at a nice price. He used three bags this trip and he said it worked, but they were too small and he had a hard time finding his stuff, so he's happy to get the diaper bag. It'll simplify things. He hardly ever goes to these meetings so it's not worth buying anything too expensive to use for those trips. He said the higher-ups want them to start having more of these get togethers though. The state must be in good financial shape them. Husby doesn't care that it's a diaper bag either. I'm glad I married a practical guy! It has one pocket that has a big opening in the middle to be used for baby wipes, so I'll have to close that up but it won't be a big job.

I took a chance and bought a T-ware lid that looks new for fifty cents at GW. I was almost sure it wouldn't fit the tumbler that's missing a lid, but thought I'd try it anyway. And it fit! So I'm glad now I gambled. We rarely use those tumblers but when we do we really need them, usually in the cooler where not spilling is a very good thing. I even love when little stuff works out.

Now the eye surgeon says I probably won't need the second expensive lens for $1,100. She said the astigmatism in that eye is really small. I'm all for saving a ton of money, so I hope we can avoid that expense and still get my vision where we want it. She's hoping at the most I'll just need cheap readers by the time she's done with me.

Anybody else think Girl Meets World is a really cute show? We always loved Boy Meets World, too.