2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 84
Page 84 of 271 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485868794134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, that's a long time yet before the shower. Try not to stress.

FW, sounds bad. Can you call your doc and see what they recommend?

Monday's to-do's:

1. Walk and/or bike.
    2. Wash lots of dishes. The stuff we've bought lately has sort of piled up, so I need to get to it. "Dishes" in this case includes stuff like a little three drawer Sterlite storage thingy and a big drawer divider, bulky stuff so it's taking up too much space waiting to be washed.
    3. TRACK MY FOOD. Haven't been doing well with that lately and, what a shock, I've been regaining. Can't let that happen. I have too far to go to have to keep losing the same pounds over and over. I'm smarter than that.
    4. Plan something healthy for supper.
    5. Look at dock to see where there are attachment points for the QuikShade.
    6. Replace pipe on dock to hold shade umbrella.
    7. Try to collect enough stuff to fill a big box for GW.
    8. Remove two shelves from damaged desk and install in computer desk.

Ta-done:

Only a couple so far:

9. Sort bags in bedroom and put in GW box.
    10. Start box to gather up miscellaneous sewing room stuff that has wandered out of sewing room.
    11. Handwash Husby's new travel bag.
    12. Sort through small garage sale items purchased recently.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit deer I am a detail oriented planner but it is under control. .. hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The shakes are gone and I woke up breathing better
    did 2 dishwasher loads,vaccumned part of the living room and took an hour long shower for the congestion in the chest.

Going slow but at least i'm out of bed.
    DD finished her last day of her job. She left it w/ class and worked a double to help a sick employee. If they have anything bad to say about her its on them. I am trying to think of a little thing to do for her. Also debating about lowering her rent temp. until part time training is over. Kinda depends if the vet bill for shots this year is outrageous or about what I thought.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I'm glad you feel better. Still, take it easy.

You raised your daughter right----lots of people get lazy when they know they're leaving a job. But she didn't. You did good!.

For Monday:

1) Dentist DONE
    2) Record recent expenditures
    3) Vacuum downstairs--cats are shedding like crazy
    4) Mop using my new mop that I loooooooove
    5) Plan week's activities with DH (didn't get it done yesterday)

Have a good day, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today. I think I'm going to add taking a walk to my dailies. It really does make me feel better. The carrots and celery are in the dehydrator. OM, I usually just check on them before bed and if they aren't crisp I just turn down the temperature and leave them in overnight. I really never time them.

Tomorrow:

1. Go through magazines and pull out what I want. Recycle the rest.
    2. Go to the Dollar Tree and pick up a few things I need.
    3. Stop at the farm...it's on the way to Dollar Tree.
    4.Pit some of the cherries and freeze for pie filling.

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its Monday morning,, ugh all dreary here, more storms acoming...

ilc, glad you like your new mop, is it really easy to use? I would have a blast shopping with your DH, I have to look at everything!
    I can't start my new meds for about a week, my old one needs to be out of my body first, Thanks about the Dr. I feel like I got the air popped from me. I 'm not sure what I am going to do, It's over a month till I see my cardologist.. bummer!

Jen, I hope you both stay feeling better for awhile! You two have sure been going thru alot! WTG on your cherries, I am not going to get one, but thankfully my trees are atarting again from the bottom. Its your turm to get them!! WTG on dehydrating too!

FW, I hope you are feeling better soon. I agree, you raiised your DD right! You should be really proud!

Hikroo, How was the squash?? Sure hope you liked it!!
    I have 5 dieticians, none of them are help. one tells me to eat something,and the other one says stay away from it, so I have no clue anymore..

gaja, I am surprised your house didnt sell! Maybe the market is just slow, and it will go next week.

OM, glad everything is settled with the baby shower, now you can relax and enjoy!!
    AS for what I cab eat I must stay under 2000 calories, been running around 1050, under 2000mg on salt, running 1500. 28oz on liquids, water, tea, coffee, jello. Watch eating vit k, now limit potassium, no sugar, watch my carbs... think thats it.. SO I can eat,, NOTHING! Its how it feels. hugs

RABBIT, ummm... been thinking,, my son and I will cut your lawn, weeds,, road,, we lOVE RIDING Anything,, DS will take the zero turn I will take the regular,, oh how much fun!! Your Dh could ride the yellow one, while we are having fun on the mowers!! The kid is trying to see if he can put a lawnmower on the back of out 4, wheeler. Its the fast one, not the lawnmower 4 wheel drive type!! lol

SD, KIck some tail on those bikes!! You guys are doing so well!!! I an having so much fun living thru you right now!! I love seeing your pictures, even if they are of your feet!! I love the lake being like glass, reminds me of my old water skiing days! Tho, we pulled the boat uo to Minnesota, once, My BIL, jumped in to ski, and came out with leaches attached to his legs,, yep, never got in the water,, around Albert Lea,, oh icky!!
    I am going to drop out of you stepping challenge.. Yea, I know but I scared now that I have talked myself into feeling better than I am.. So will back down for now.. but I will be back..to join you!

Niko, are you ok? Please say something! sending hugs..

Got all the refi paper for noth houses, so need to start reading, making sure its all correct, then go into town to have it notorized, finally... maybe it will keep my mind busy for awhile.. take Care everyone!

Have a good Monday!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-you sound feisty lately!! good for you.

The humidity is way up again from the rain so I am wheezing again. So until it cools off I am down for the count for awhile. We are under a flood warning watch I believe. Counties near for sure. Hoping to dye my hair tomorrow depends on my lungs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Thank you so much for your kind words!! At least you didn't say I sound pissed off! lol

Sure wish I could hit the right keys, or learn how to type or spell!

Feel better soon!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - thank you so much for your kind offer, I can't wait to retire from lawn duties! I will have the lawn equipment all gassed up and ready for you and your son. I even have protective ear muffs with radio for you to use. Now I'll to find a volunteer to push the small mower around the parts of the yard that the big mowers don't reach. Anyone????????? I'll make lunch!

fw - gosh whatever you have is hanging on, isn't it? Hope your feeling better tomorrow.

Allergies are flaring up so I don't have any energy. Just trying to get the basics done today.

Tuesday
    1 - dailies
    2 - weed back flower beds
    3 - go to mom's
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, I've never thought about it that way before, but I'm a detail-oriented planner too, so I understand why the shower is on your mind so much.

Jen, this week my Prevent lesson was all about the benefits of walking. Here's an article the lesson linked me to: Walk Your Way to More Energy Makes sense to me.

Pinetree, stay safe in the storms. Please be sure you're eating at least 1,200 calories per day unless your doc says less is okay. Keep posting on the steps thread, even if you can't walk as much. Or lower your goal! Remember, you don't have to publicly state your goal, just say if you made it or not each day. Or just say you had a good day! Whatever you're comfortable with saying.

Hey, Rabbit! Maybe that zero-turn would work as a hover-craft. Bring it along when you come to the HydroBike party and we'll have a race!

Eeeewwwww, leeches! They're the creepiest things. I've had a few myself, but I don't swim in lakes anymore. I used to get the most awful rashes when I was a teen, from all the farm chemicals that ran off into the lakes. So I quit swimming in lakes. Sad, really. Now I'm just creeped out by underwater stuff, even just rocks. I don't know why. It's one of those weird things where it's creepy but fun at the same time to be creeped out. I can't wait to get the bike trailer done because there's a big bay in one of our local state parks that has all kinds of weird weeds and stuff growing in it, and I'm looking forward to taking the bikes out and seeing if it's as creepy as when we used to canoe out there.

FW, hope the weather straightens up for you so you can feel better.

I did okay with my list today:

1. Walk and/or bike. Took the bike out this afternoon but the waves were like a foot high. Ride 'im, cowgirl! Not pleasant. So I came back in after about ten minutes. We went out later after work and I gained 1,000 steps. It was fun but chilly with a wind from the northwest. Shoulda had a jacket.
    2. Wash lots of dishes. No, but I did wash up the wire racks we salvaged from some dishwashers, to use in the bathroom cabinet. It's good to have those all ready now.
    3. TRACK MY FOOD. All day long.
    4. Plan something healthy for supper. Rainbow salad with slider-size burger. Mmmm.
    5. Look at dock to see where there are attachment points for the QuikShade. Yup. Should be easy. I need to buy an aluminum bar to make some parts though. It'll be nice to be able to put that on the dock without bolting it to the dock panels, which prevents the panels from being removed so it's sort of a PITA to deal with. Being able to just zip-tie the canopy to the brackets I want to make will make everything so much easier. We really need shade down there when we want to just sit and relax and look at the lake.
    6. Replace pipe on dock to hold shade umbrella. Done, and Ms. Butterfingers even managed not to drop the tools in the lake.
    7. Try to collect enough stuff to fill a big box for GW. Made progress, but didn't fill the box yet. I asked Husby if he has anything for the box so maybe he can help fill it.
    8. Remove two shelves from damaged desk and install in computer desk. Nope.

I've been frustrated lately because I'm stuck at a certain weight. But tonight as we walked down to the lake I realized my PFD was feeling a bit loose. Since I've had it, I've always had the straps extended to the max and it barely fit me. But I tightened the straps a couple inches and it was still too loose. What? So I tightened it some more, and suddenly the two front halves were touching. How did that happen? They were always quite a ways apart. I tightened the straps at least four inches! Now it's snug like it should be but not uncomfortable. It fits a little bit longer, too. As soon as I lose even a few pounds more, I will have to take it in or I won't be able to wear it anymore. So I guess I must be making some progress even if the scale is being stubborn. My jeans that were skin tight a month ago have started to hang off me, too. So something good is happening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

went to GW to get out-AHHH! they have nerve. They get stuff from Target and price it full retail. The stuff comes from Salvage. They had a Ninja electronic blender for $79.99? $40.on sheet sets NIP. Maybe I don't know prices? Spent $10. on a few books and a Y split charger Dh wanted NIP $2.99

Decided to do 1/2 a huge bush we have in the front. I starts growing out and blocks the sidewalk to the trash. I'll take another crack tomorrow . The old lungs are filling again! Time to veg-again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ah ha! I just tweaked a tasty-looking WW recipe to use whole eggs instead of egg substitute, added a cup of beans to it since I hate splitting canned goods, reduced the cheese by half so I can use regular cheese instead of reduced fat, and made it 6 servings instead of 4. The changes make it doable with ingredients I usually have on hand, and reduce the Points Plus by 1. I hope I like it because it should freeze well. It's for Huevos Rancheros and has rice, beans, and eggs among other things. Hard to go wrong starting with that combo.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! I"m behind again. LOL! I miss a day and I miss a ton!

FW hope you're still continuing to improve. Sounds awful whatever it is. Take it easy and don't push yourself too hard. I can't believe the prices they were asking on that stuff at your GW. Yikes! I think those are very close to what the retail is around here for those items so no real deal at GW.

OM glad you've got the details to the shower all worked out. That takes a load off your mind having that all set. It's going to be such fun!

SD great tweaking on the recipe. I love when I can do that and knock calories / fats etc off and still have a yummy meal.

Pinetree you do sound feisty! I'm glad you saw a nutritionist but doesn't sound like they were much help. The spaghetti squash wasn't a hit but it wasn't a miss either. We didn't hate it but we didn't love it either. We have some leftover so we're going to have that for lunch and maybe after we reheat it we'll like it better. The texture was a little tough and it may have just needed more cooking? Or that just may be the texture. So while it wasn't a huge instant hit we are both willing to give it another shot and see what we think after another try. We haven't given up on it yet!

Leeches! Yuck! I had one on me ONCE when I was a kid and I have yet to forget it. That was nasty. And of course being a kid I came completely unglued running around the camp shrieking. Poor Mom trying to chase me down so she could get it off me. Oh that was a good time. And this is why we have a pool. I can see the bottom and there are no leeches. <shudder>

Rabbit how's the new mower going? Zipping right along? I thought of you as DH was out mowing a couple of nights ago on his lawn tractor. He doesn't have zero turn though.

Jen what kind of a dehydrator do you have? We bought one a few years back and did some strawberries in it but it took days to dry them. We thought that was way too long and just never really did anything with it. We still have it but I told him we either need to use it or sell it. It's just taking up space now. I am wondering if we just got a bad one maybe and that's why it takes so long? I think it was like three days maybe to try a tray of strawberries?

ILC seeing your mention of recording things made me remember that I hadn't updated the checkbook from my use of the debit card the last couple of days so I pulled the receipts out of my purse and got that caught up.

The kiddos are coming today so that will keep us hopping. I have craft night tonight too. DH is ready to get the family room taped out to prep for painting. We have a dresser in there that my Dad didn't want and we could use and that's currently in the family room with a pile of screens that need to go on the garage and mudroom windows. So we need to move the dresser into the bedroom and put the screens on so that will free up that wall where they are all resting so DH can get that taped out and start painting. I'm really nervous about the color and so hoping we like it. I'm not wild about the one we picked for two of the bedrooms. It's supposed to be a sort of light gray and it's turned out when dried to be more white with almost a tiny blue tint? Not at all what I expected. The paint chip looks more gray (to my eye) which is where I was going with it in my head but it's more white than anything. Oh well..I don't hate it enough to need to paint over it but I'm not thrilled with it. Once we get the furniture in and stuff on the walls I'm sure it won't even register with me. But because I was so far off on what I thought that one would look like I'm nervous about the gray I picked for the family, living room and kitchen. I hope this one isn't too dark. I wanted a light gray as it would go with most anything and I really wanted to avoid white even though I know it goes with everything. We have had white in our last two houses and I'm just tired of it and wanted something different. So we shall see. I am really lousy at picking out paint!

Anyway, better get a move on Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW please go to the doctor. This really sounds serious and not going to the doctor in time can get you into really big trouble, especially being a diabetic already.

Further I want to apologise for being off so long again...I got ill last week, though nothing serious apparently I am just overly tired. So its a lot of rest for me right now and not so many to do lists. I ll post a longer post when Im feeling up to it .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikroo hugs hate white walls problem with being renters. ..love color on walls..
    morning all
    Cable guy is coming today.
    already swept and mopped
    dishwasher started
    putting away valuables and meds in my room to do
    done called in meds

Doctor day.
    Hawaiian chicken and rice f or supper