2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 85
Page 85 of 271 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know I've had more than one leech on me in my lifetime, but the one I remember is the one I got at a lake on a public beach. I was maybe fourteen and I didn't shriek or anything, just asked a really cute guy to pick it off my ankle for me. Chivalry wasn't dead yet back in those days so what could he say but yes? Nice guy. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled. I was, since I got to lean on his handsome shoulder while I had my ankle in the air.

Today I have to track my (in)activity for the entire day. It's supposed to help me find time to exercise. I have plenty of time to exercise, I just need more ambition. I did go for a walk today though. I'm starting to feel really guilty when I see two furry faces looking so hopeful as I/we get ready to go out on the bikes. They love to walk and I think I need it, too, in addition to the bikes. So I think I'm going to try to walk most mornings for at least twenty minutes and then bike later in the day, and then bike again on the days Husby wants to go too.

I also need to establish a new habit this week. I've chosen to try again to limit my computer time, but this time I'm starting off slower than trying not to turn it on till 3:30 every day. This time, I'm going to try to get in the habit of turning it on an hour after I've gotten up instead of right away, and use that hour to do active chores. We'll see how that goes. I think the word "addiction" is overused these days, but I've certainly developed bad habits when it comes to being online.

I'm trying to figure out what to take for food tomorrow. I have to be at the surgery center at 9:40 and should be done about noon, they said. Husby will want to snack in the meantime, I'm sure, and I may or may not be hungry when I get out. I'll be thirsty for sure, because I can't drink anything after midnight. So ice water and maybe some juice. That's the easy part. We'll be coming right home afterward, so maybe I can get by with some fruit and granola bars and Wheat Thins.

Naturally, since both my weigh-in days have passed for this week, this morning I'm down 2.3 pounds. All water loss, I'm sure, but still.

To-do:

1. Dishes in some form.
    2. Bike.
    3. Frontline.
    4. Prep food.
    5. Supper.
    6. Vinyl tiles in bathroom cabinet.
    7. Cut cardboard for at least one wire basket for bathroom.
    8. Lift strap for Husby's bike.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ick leeches

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, welcome back! Hope you're feeling better. You've been missed.

fw, call the doctor, please. Do it. TODAY!

pinetree, you just do what you can and don't worry about meeting goals. Any day you feel good is a good day.

SD, it's 97-100 degrees here every day probably through the rest of the month with humidity at about a gazillion percent. I wish I was where you are, on a lake, with a breeze... You are doing really well with everything.

RABBIT, feel better soon!

hikr00, picking paint colors didn't used to be so hard, but now it's a major undertaking. There are just so many colors! Hope it all turns out well.

Jen, cherry pie filling, yummmm The only cherry trees around here are the ornamental ones (Yoshino) for which our town is famous, at least in Georgia. We do have lots of peach trees--in fact, our favorite farm market opens tomorrow and we're going to see how the peaches are this year. 1/3 of the state's crop was affected by the weather, so I know prices will be up.

For Tuesday:

1) Laundry---our sheets, my clothes DONE
    2) Do some filing DONE
    3) Do some financial stuff with DH DONE
    4) Get grocery lists and coupons together
    5) Dust the dining room
    6) Clean toilets
    7) Continue gathering charity donations

Have a good day, ladies.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning everyone

Fw, Ayanka, RABBIT, hope you are all feelig better!

Hikr00, sorry about the squash, is there a spice you like you could sprinkle on or is it the squash? RABBIT, how to you fix yours?

ilc, have a good time with your friends, and you are right, " don't let others take away your joy"
    need to practice that!

SD, onward!! You are doing so much, and Thanks will think about keeping posting..

I am in shock right now, its a very good shock, its hard to wrap my head around it...

My prayers have been answered. My brother called me yesterday after 23 years, we are meeting before he takes off to Mass. clear on the other side of the country, We talked for 4 hours, oh my, I have missed him so bad, we were so close, and hopefully we can be again. seems strange, my little brother is 58, but he will always be my little bro. I am so excited and yet so scared.. all I can do is cry, hopefully that will stop before I see him!! The Story is Too long to post, I'm just hoping it has a happy ending, him and I both deserve it.

So if I am not around, dont worry, I am with him.

Have a wonderful week!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I don't think it's ever been 100 here. Now you know why I could never live in the south! I couldn't take the heat and humidity. At least if I get cold, I can put on more clothes, but if I'm too hot, there's no help for it. I just got in from my bike and you would have loved it. It's sunny with big, bright puffy clouds, and a light breeze, just enough to ripple the lake keep me cool. Perfect! After I got back I just sat down on the dock enjoying the day for a while.

I do love magnolias though.

We have wild pin cherries here. People do use them for jellies and stuff. They're quite small, and good luck getting them before the birds and bears and other critters get them.

Hikr, spaghetti squash wasn't a favorite for us at first either, and we'd still rather have pasta. But I found if it's over-cooked and mushy, it's icky. We prefer it so it's just a tiny bit crunchy, sort of al dente. Then it's much better. Spaghetti squash freezes well too, so if you don't want to eat it all at once you don't have to. I usually cut it in half and scoop out the seeds, then microwave it in a pan with a little water for about 8-10 minutes, then taste for doneness.

Pinetree! That's wonderful! I hope your reunion goes well and meets all your expectations.

I biked and walked so far today, so that's done. It's so gorgeous out on the lake I'm sure Husby will want to go out later too, which can only do me good. The carabiners for the lift strap he's been whining about should be here today so he's going to pick those up, and I better get the strap for that done! He'd be so disappointed otherwise. It's about a five minute job so shouldn't be a problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/4 today, I didn't go out at all.

SD, thanks for the link. It makes a lot of sense to me, too.

Hikr00, I have an Excalibur dehydrator. Hubby got it for me at Christmas and I'm still getting used to it. I had a cheap one(I think it was a Panasonic) for about 15 years and it did very well until the motor started to burn out. I love the Excalibur! It is so versatile. I use it all the time for things like dog treats and rising bread as well as veggies. I remember my MIL had a Ronco, and it burned and melted the trays. It was awful and she hated it. Ended up just throwing it away.

ILC, we just planted a peach tree this spring. I can't wait for it to start bearing. We waited 5 years for the cherries.

Pinetree, wonderful news about your brother! I am so happy for you both!

Tomorrow:

1. Wash inside of windows. Kitty nose prints are not very pretty.
    2. Get some sewing done. I think I'll stay in, since the temp is supposed to get to 90.
    3. Hole punch the articles and recipes I saved today, and get them into binders.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, that is such wonderful news!! I am so happy for you. Many, many wishes for a great visit with your brother.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Ladies, I called him today to see where he wants to meet, hes coming to my house, I will buy lunch, of course! lol Says we made mistakes and he wants to move forward, so here we go!! Now if I can quit crying!! That was my Dad's nicname for me, was crybaby, so I must be getting back to normal!!

I am so excited, its like we have kept in touch all that time. i know we will never let anyone get between us again,, Will keep you informed

Have a Happy day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - how exciting for you! I think the hardest part is over, your brother reaching out, the rest will be easy. Hugs going out to, you probably won't even be able to sleep tonight!!

SD - way to go on your inches lost! Muscle weighs more than fat and you are building muscle so I think that is why you aren't showing on the scale. It's all that playing on the water bikes, probably doesn't even feel like exercising it's so fun.

fw - I have never been to a GW, are they always like that with their prices? Hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better.

hikr - I too have trouble picking paint colors. I now go to a paint store that lets you get a free sample can of paint every month. I think it took me 3 months of getting samples before I picked a color for our office.

Ayanka - you've been so busy, no wonder your worn out. Rest!

om - your dinners always sound so good.

Jen - how lucky you are to just go outside and pick cherries. I love cherries but they are so expensive to buy at the store.

ilc - isn't that kind of early for that hot of weather?

2/3 today although I did help DH put 3 more pieces of railing up on the back porch. We never got to it last weekend because we were just too busy and not home enough. Only have one more section left and my porch will be back to normal. I did have a chance to try out the new mower last weekend and it really will save me some time cutting the lawn. The bad thing is that since it is much wider than the old lawn tractor, I won't be able to get into some spots that I used to be able to. I guess I will be building up more arm strength pushing the mower more (not self propelled).

Wednesday
    1 - take Gobie to vet, stop at library
    2 - dailies
    3 - weed back
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gw-we go to the one in Oxford Rabbit and they used to be dirt cheap on everything so no. I just think all the resale is getting a little big for their britches!
    St. Vincent De Paul near me has been reasonable but just reorganized the store very oddly. I expect next the prices go up. It's garage sale season and they are prob. getting less stock but it used people. EVEN NIB is technically used.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning everyone
    Hawaii chicken was not a hit either. I think I am to grill the honey garlic chicken.hubs said the Hawaiian chi c k e n was to twangy.so I am going to keep there recipes and tweak them. And grill them.....
    my list got completed yesterday
    today
    unload dishwasher
    clean bathroom
    sweep and mop
    call pharmacy

Fw feel better and that is retail oricing..no no no would I pay that

Spirit deer w a y to go o. The getting healthier. And the ww recipe sounded great

Rabbit thank u very much. How big is your yard.. ours is small we pay to get it cut once a month it is a bit shaggy now

Nice to meet u an aka

Hikroo we hate spaghetti squash here...

Pinetree so glad about your brother. To many missing g years. ...enjoy

Hugs jen and ilc...

Lots on my mind....biratic surgery. Whether to sell my treasures or not...these things are my most favarice processions. My mccoys, my jungle stuff,, my Hershey stuff, my crystal. ..my paintings.it has all been packed away since we moved.
    Hubby will throw a fit.. and

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All done sweeping and mopping will try later.
    changed the bed
    stepped on cat and he tore my foot up.2 deep punctures. 1 is still bleedit g washed with soap and water.
    Ran out of of nightly does of primadone, it is 250 mgs.it wil be delivered today.. so real shaky. My primadone is not working as well as it did.
    sausage and pancakes for supper. Easy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Surgery went well, I think. It's too soon to tell. I can't see anything really from that eye. The glare is so bad since it's sunny out that if I try to look outside all I see with that eye is a wall of white. They said the blurry vision could last two days. But the surgery itself turned out to be no big deal, which is how I always heard it would be so I'm glad people weren't exaggerating. I was only in surgery about fifteen minutes. The rest of the two hours was mostly laying in a comfy chair while they brought me nice pre-warmed blankets while the drugs to dilate my eye took affect. Then after it was over they brought me pop and cookies. The worst part of the whole thing was the stupid blood pressure cuff.

Stopped at GW before the surgery and got myself a nice pair of Columbia walking shoes for $8 and a big giant bag of crochet thread half price, $2.50. I'm surprised it was still there. Can't say I really need it but a lot of it matches others I already have, which is always good.

I didn't get the big GW box filled yesterday so I put what I did have in a smaller box and we got rid of that. It all helps.

I'm not doing anything today. I don't even have my Fitbit. Sitting down is nice. I think I'm still under the influence and feeling a little sleepy and loopy. Hope that goes away soon. Husby is here waiting on me hand and foot, but since that's not necessary I hope he goes out to prime the utility trailer so we can get that taken care of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Take care Sd. Didn't realize the surgery was so soon. Dmom really benefited from hers. She's 82 and barely needs reading glasses.

Finished cutting back my giant shrub and cleaning up the huge pile,shopped at Big Lot and got Cat litter and canned food for my 17 y.o. cat @ Pet Supplies Plus. I got 8/40# bags on sale for $6.98 each and 4 24ct. Fancy feast and saved $20. between sale and plus card. Its just not looking good to renew the Warehouse memberships for Either warehouse Club @ this point. Their sale litter was 17.2 cents a # and Walmart was 22 cents. And then I got more off for using the card. If I hadn't forgot the coupon for $5. off $30. I would have been happier.

Also dropped DD off at the new job for her first day. She will be done at 9 p.m.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, FW. My mom (86) had hers done years ago and didn't need anything for a quite a while, then readers for a few years, and now this year finally had to get bifocals again. I'm hoping to get by without glasses or with just cheap readers, but the surgeon said she can't guarantee that, so I just have to wait and see. The suspense is killing me! I had them put in the special lens to correct my astigmatism so I don't need glasses, so we're really hoping the gamble pays off.

I've never been able to figure out how to keep pet food from getting rancid when it sits around, so we've never been able to buy any further ahead than whatever they'll eat before spring. In winter, we keep it in cold storage in our unheated back porch.

I just had a two-hour nap which did wonders. My eye feels better and some of the meds have worn off. I can see a little better out of my new eye but it's still hazy and I don't want to go outside. Well, I do because I still have the urge to go out on the bike, but since it's another gorgeous, sunny day up here in the north land I'm not going to. The light glaring off the water wouldn't do me any good. I don't know how long the Versed stays in my system either and my balance isn't good. It probably wouldn't help my eye any to take an unintentional swim. I'm both surprised and delighted I want to go biking so much though. That bodes well for continued interest in getting exercise.

We counted the balls of crochet thread I got for $2.50 and it turns out there were 33 full and partial balls. It was mostly the full and close to full, with about ten that didn't have much on them, so it was a great price. See why I couldn't just leave it there? LOL. I'm still surprised it was still there. You'd think someone else would have snapped it up. They were just getting their truck in when we were there, so I'm curious what will be out in the store tomorrow when we go back for my post-op check.