2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 86
Page 86 of 271 FirstFirst ... 36768384858687888996136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, hope your surgery is as successful as you hope it will be. Not wearing glasses----I can't imagine. I've had contacts and/or glasses since I was 11 --been in bifocals for probably close to 15 years.

om, be careful with those cat bites. I had a cat bite get infected once. Not fun! Call the dr. if it swells or gets red at all.

fw, I hope your DD has a great first day at her new job.

Jen, how are you doing?

RABBIT, June is early to be having such dreadfully hot weather. And it is going to continue through the end of the month. A very long, very hot spell which is unusual even for us. These kinds of temps usually occur in July and August. Lots of our plants and shrubs flowered early this year too. My gardenias usually bloom very late May into June, and this year they started blooming in early May. Crepe myrtles are supposed to bloom in late June-through the summer but they started late last month. Global warming maybe. Something's out of kilter, that's for sure.

pinetree, I hope you are having a wonderful time catching up with your brother.

Today we spent with my best friend and her husband on a day trip. It was so much fun and a good chance to spend time together, which is hard to do even though all of us are retired. I got some peaches at our favorite farm market and tomorrow will make a cobbler. On the way home from their house we ran into Aldi for a few things so our cupboard is now full.

For tomorrow (Thursday):

1) Haircut 10:00
    2) Vet for cat's steroid shot 12:00
    3) Make cobbler
    4) Reset den and breakfast room
    5) Clean bathrooms
    6) Mop
    7) Maybe the library...

Have a good Thursday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-that what Dmom had too. And that was litter this time but our bsmt stays cool enough for the food. We keep it in the well pump room which is below the front porch. Like a root cellar -almost. I have plastic sheeting stapled to the top and its been water seal treated.
    I just got DD a bag of odd textured thread for $2.99. It's thick but soft. It was a great deal,came on small cone spools.

Picked up Dd and they had her on cashier working for the only one I don't care for at the store. This woman held me up for 25 min. on a Sun. trying to get the price for a rain check. IF she hadn't spaced off I had the paper w/ me. DD said she was showing her things on the register.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-love Georgia peaches. We have to get them at impromptu stands and pay dearly!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone
    my foot is stiff and sore. Going to evelation it.
    Hub's worked on the car yesterday. It is running better...
    today
    wash and dry sheets
    unload dishwasher
    Sweep and mop o missed yesterday
    black bean burgers and fried taters and onions.... first time making black bean burgers

Spirit deer congrats on the surgery. Hope u are less fuzzy....hope u have 20-20 vision. Wtg on the go finds.. a d I know unl o ver to crochet.

Fw it is harder and harder to find a bargain ... hope dear daughter has a great day.

ILC enjoy your day with friends..... I love peaches we use to drive down to Georgia for peaches and pecans at least once a year...

Hugs rabbit and pinetree.

Have a great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post-op check today. I'm curious what she'll have to say. Still fuzzy but improving slowly. She said it could take two days. It's overcast today so it's easier to look outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, please call the dr. about the cat bite on your foot! That's what mine did, it got stiff and sore and swelled up and was bright red. Once I started on an antibiotic it cleared up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-when Ds got bit by our cat he had to have an IV. Cats mouths are germy. Go it-yesterday!

Dropped DD off at work. She is getting good hours.-about 6hrs. at a time but will work today,tomorrow and Sat. so far. She trained as a cashier yesterday and will 1/2 the day today and do her dept. the other 1/2. It's a nice,clean environment. I's large like a groc. but old fashioned like a market

Grocery shopped this morning. Still deciding what to do today. I was thinking of G. saling but weather is rainy again. I may bleach mop to freshen up things from stinky dogs.
    We had to replace the slimline phone cord again-Kitten!! chewy chewy kittens!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going today.... when Hubs gets home..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Oh My Gosh, I didn't realize your surgery is already done!! I missed it, I am so sorry!! I am glad you are feeling better, it took my Mom a couple days. Hope your vision clears up to 20/20! Its your turn to take it easy for while!

ilc, Thanks you so much, Its amazing how you are always around when I need a smile!! Thanks! Stay cool I see its in the 100's, ugh

RABBIT, aw, sorry I missed cutting the back 40! Did you have fun? That baby will not work as a hover craft, BUT, we could cut the forest so it looks nice!! When we get hot we can jump on the bikes!! lol

Ayanka, I am so sorry to hear about the things with the house, hopefully it all gets straightened up and you can move in, Welcome back!

Jen do you have a 9 tray? I wish I would have got the timer, but I also just turn mine down and it does fine! Eat some cherries for me!

FW, Man , that a good price on cat food!! I sure wish I could find some of your sales!!

Hikroo, You are really doing well with the painting!!

Niko, HI!

OM, I keep peroxide around for the cats scratches etc..

I have something for you to try, instead of wishing for things say " when I get my new bed" make it sound like you are going to get it, Change it around that you are going to get it, does that make sense? Be thankful, even if you dont have much, you have each other, food a roof over your head,,, see if you can be more positive, and turn things around. You are reading your bible, ask for help, and for what you want, hugs om.. you can vent anytime you want.

Hope I got everyone and Thanks to all of you for the well wishes with my brother..

I am So blessed, I love him so much, I named him when he was born and hes been my buddy ever since.. He now knows it was not either of us that kept us apart and he is back in my life forever!

He gave me the best birthday present I ever recieved.. Its a picture of a couple mountain peaks, with the sun going down, its all yelllow, I love yellow its always been my favorite color.. anyway then he pointed to the top of a peak and said "thats where Dad's ashes are" OMG!! We were never suppose to find out where my parents ashes are! Boy, bet my Dad is upset, but I can see the peak from my house, so I know hes always looking over me!!,, sob...

We are back to normal, emailing, calling, he leaves Sat. but I know we will stay in touch.

I feel So good today, its like 23 years of pressure was taken off my shoulders, maybe now I can get some peace...

Thank you all for listening to me blabber on!! I suppose I should get off my rear end and get something done!! I told you I feel better!!!

Hugs to everyone,, Have the best day of your life!!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, all of us here love you dearly and are so happy that you have a restored relationship with your DB!!!! I'm crying from happiness for you right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree thank u. And I am So Happy For U Both

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No need to be sorry, Pinetree! You had plenty on your mind and like everyone I've ever talked to who has had this surgery, it truly was no big deal. I'm just so excited for you about your brother!

Hey, if someone wants to come and brush our seven acres, I'm all for that! LOL. And now that we've moved the dock, the water is deep enough for a good swim when you get too hot. Or you can take the bikes out and jump off them.

OM, I agree with what Pinetree said. Positive self-talk can help you feel so much better. If you don't feel positive, then fake it till you make it! You've come such a long way from where you were a year or so ago. Celebrate that progress! You're most likely doing better than you realize. Sometimes it's hard to see what you've accomplished when it's happening in small steps and when your journey isn't complete yet. But you'll get there! You're working too hard not to.

I had my post-op check up today and all is well, I guess. My eye was still very dilated when I was there but she (surgeon) said my vision is already better than it was before the surgery (she tested it). I don't need my sunglasses in the house anymore, finally, and I took the tape off that I had wrapped around them as an eye patch so had a normal ride home, which was a big improvement. She said I'm very young (haven't heard that in years!) for cataracts and that's why it's taking so long for the dilation to go back to normal. She confirmed that I don't need the expensive lens in my other eye because the astigmatism is very small and she doesn't think it'll get any bigger at my age. I guess I'm OLD for that part of it. At any rate, I'm thrilled to save $1,100 any day of the week. Insurance will pay for the lens in my right eye so that should save us a bunch. My eye seems to be improving by the hour now, which I'm happy about. She said it could take a week before it's completely back to normal.

We took a spin out on the lake when we got home. Perfect day again, with a cool breeze from the northwest, a nice little walleye chop, no bugs, and beautiful sunshine. We couldn't resist! Now that I can walk around with both eyes open my balance seems to be okay again and I managed not to fall in the lake. We had another boatload of fisherman arrive near our dock just as we were shoving the bikes into the lake, so of course we had to have a discussion with them about the bikes. Everyone is always interested. They sure looked relaxed, there in their boat. It's a great day to be out on the water no matter what you're doing, even doing nothing. We came back in about an hour ago and they're still floating around down there. Maybe the fish are biting, maybe they aren't, but I'm sure the fishermen are enjoying their time regardless.

I picked up two more flatware trays for .79 each to use in the bathroom pull outs. I should have bought them yesterday and luckily they were still there. The nice cutting board at GW for $1 that I should have bought yesterday was gone, but that's okay. And unfortunately we found a great entertainment center, #3 for us in the past two or three months, plus the one we curb-picked for Mom. They're everywhere! It's going to be great for storing yarn and crochet thread when we get rid of the pool table and have no place for the totes that are under it. I also want to get rid of the dresser my crochet thread is in now because it's not in the best shape, and the e-center can go there. So now I need to add shelves and a backer to that. Why do I do this to myself? They had just put that out less than an hour before we got there, and only had $10 on it. Practically a giveaway. It's in really nice shape and has really pretty leaded glass doors on the bottom. I'm hoping I can use the shelves from the damaged computer desk we got free last Saturday.

We dragged down a patio umbrella that's been stored in the garage rafters for years. Amazingly enough, it has no rodent damage even though it was full of bird seed, and still looks almost new. We put it down on the dock.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-fantastic. Better yet to come!

Well I scrubbed the patio table,4 chairs and 2 occasional tables w/ lysol
    And just for fun the whole deck w/ lysol too
    Picked up DD -who loves her new job!!
    and grilled burgers
    My lungs rebelled so I am done for today.

DD goes in by 6 a.m. and I 4 cats going to the vet in the afternoon.
    I had wanted to scrub out carries and clip nails?-doubtful

Pinetree-so happy regarding your brother.

Too tired. BBT

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's so great about your daughter's new job, FW! I hope she continues to love it.

I'm so aggravated. I started compiling a little cookbook of WW recipes for camping and can't find it now. I've been looking for days. Grrrr....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-typical at our age! Plus the stress of other things. Stop looking and it will magically appear. At least thats been my experience. Or redo it and then itwill show up for sure!

I did actually veg and watch Complicated. Seems fairly good,have to see where they take it.

wantto finish the deck tomorrow and get that umbrella up and cleaned