2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 87
Page 87 of 271 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning..
    funny how things turn out. I am getting a full size bed from my brother... my brother got one and has never slept in it. He is a couch sleeper has for years. His room is mommy's it has not changed a bit. He said he would sleep in there. . This who.e house is almost exactly like mommy left it.... it is like a tomb...

Well any hoo he has decided to give me his. He got my sectional. So he is happy....

Yes ladies I need more positive self talk... my therapist said so also.. she also said this house is big trigger for me and I need to move... for my mental health but it is not possible now. Hubs is not making enough.. and I am not able to work. According to my doctors... so just convincing, ss I have enough paid in... so waiting game...

Thank u.
    Boiled out foot this morning. And I am on massive antibiotics

Wash and dry jeans
    cook supper barbecued ribs mashed potaotes, veggie corn bread.

Thank u ladies so much.. me day today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I found my little cookbook. It had slipped off a stack of stuff on the end table and ended up behind the couch. So now I can continue adding the camping recipes to it. I have several of these little thin photo albums I'm going to make into mini cookbooks that will fit nicely into my WW tool kit for the camper.

If your umbrella is vinyl and has mold, we've found Tilex works great on that. Test a little inconspicuous place first, of course. We've used it on vinyl camper awnings and they've come out looking spotless and looking new when they started out almost black.

Sounds like you're making an outdoor room on your deck like we are on our dock.

OM, could you make living with your brother in that house a permanent thing? Maybe it would make you feel less like you're in limbo and help you move forward instead of feeling like you're homeless. If you knew you were going to stay there you could make some plans for the house because you'd know the spaces you have to work with. If the three of you get along okay maybe it would be a good arrangement for everyone. From things you've said it sounds like your brother needs you around. Can you do things to make changes to the house and make it your own? What's under the carpets that are ruined? Can you just rip that old carpet out and paint the floor underneath? Even if it's just plywood, that would work. I've done that in other houses we've owned and it made such a huge difference and was much easier to clean until we could afford new flooring. Can you paint the walls with bright, happy colors? Change the drapes/curtains with nice new things from thrifts or garage sales? I know you're short of money. Can you ask around if there are housing assistance programs that could help you do some minor renovations? Maybe they could even help out with volunteer labor. Call Habitat for Humanity. I know they help people in need but if they can't help you, they may know of some other organization that can. Do you have a church that might be able to offer you some assistance? Ask! You never know. If you could get the house changed a little bit so it's not so much your mom's place anymore, that would help you, I think. Ask your therapist about the idea. She might even know of some organizations that could help. No one should live in a tomb. It just seems like, if you can't afford to get into a different house now, it would help to make some changes to the one you have. Maybe you could find some of the things you'd need on Freecycle.

If you can't stay there, aren't there apartments there that would charge rent based on income? Maybe that would help.

My vision isn't any fuzzier today than it was before surgery, so that's progress. I hope it improves though. Otherwise I'll still need glasses. I don't want to need glasses.

I got a big stack of non-dishes washed up already today, and some dishes too. I think I'm going to like this idea of leaving the computer off for at least an hour every morning, and gradually increasing that time. I sure need to do that! I could easily dedicate an hour every morning to kitchen duties, cleaning, cooking, whatever. I also cleaned out three drawers, changed some stuff around, and installed two of the new drawer trays and another tray I've had for a long time but never had a use for. I washed up the other two I bought yesterday for the bathroom pull outs I still have to put together, so I guess that's another to-do, cutting the cardboard liners for those. Then I can sort the last of the bathroom stuff and get that out of the boxes it's in in the LR. That would be nice. I only purged about four items from the kitchen drawers but I've been through my kitchen several times in the past few years, so I'm not really surprised.

Husby wants to go to the Million Dollar Garage Sale fifty miles away. The Lion's Club saves up stuff for the entire year and then sells it all one weekend a year. Basically they fill up an old school. I'd rather not go, but if he's going, so am I. I need to make a list for that today so I can stay focused. I guess stuff there is well organized so I could hit the areas where I might find stuff I need. I hate crowds though so I'm not that excited at the prospect.

Wish the new entertainment center was in the house but it's still in the truck. I was LMAO at Husby because we put it in the truck yesterday with the covers on the truck box, and even though there was nothing else in there, he had to lock the tailgate. WHY? Like someone was going to grab that heavy thing, put it in their pocket, and run off. It was especially funny because there's no way to get it out without taking the covers off the box because the latches are in the way and because part of it is on the mat that keeps things from sliding in there, so it can only be moved by lifting it up off the mat. I know, the weirdest things strike me as funny.

The water level in the lake is dropping and it's getting harder to pull the bikes out, so we're back to the pallet idea again. I hope we can drop a couple of those in there this weekend and see how they would work as skids. The problem isn't getting them in, it's making sure they don't escape. A pallet floating just below the surface would create a huge hazard for boat traffic and we sure don't want to be responsible for anyone getting hurt. I think we're going to try chaining them up using the old chains we took off the dock this spring. If that doesn't work, we'll have to spend some money and get some more cables.

Plenty to do today. I'm still getting some flashes of glare in my eye but overall I'm feeling much better and my vision in that eye is very clear now with my computer glasses on, much clearer than my right eye that's still waiting for its new lens. I wonder if I'll be less fatigued all the time when I get both eyes corrected and the recovery is done. That would just be perfect if I wasn't tired due to bad vision and I'm also gaining more energy as I lose weight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!!

SD how are you doing today? Find your stuff yet?

ilc, I can taste that cobbler!! I have some in the freezer, I need to make one too!! Thanks for the idea! Thanks for the kind words, it means alot, I dont know if I have ever been so happy, I just hope this never ends.

FW, I am sohappy for you and your daughter, you should be really proud! Hope you are feeling better too. Thanks for the Good vibes! HAve fun with all those furbabies!

Jen, you canning yet?

RABBIT, Sounds like you need help, you should be able to get most with the zero turn, um,, maybe I should come try it out!! Get some sleep!

gaja, Ayanka, Niko, hugs

OM,, hugs on the new bed!

Now you have all of your things, why dont you pack up your Mom's stuff, put it in the basement, for now, pull out your things and make it your house for now. Just tell her you want to use your things not hers.. Watch Craigs list, find some free paint, paint a wall, change things around. Maybe that will help you feel more at home. Watch for free things on Craigs list, you can get alot of nice things, even changing a blind, or curtain, can really change things up. hugs Thanks for supporting my brother and I.

We had to take Sweet Pea to the vet yesterday, she has another kidney infection, poor little girl, all she does is lay around, she quit eating so shes now on baby food, and so far is eating that. Praying I dont lose another one. Thinking positive, but she really looks like she doesnt feel good, so sad...

My list
    wash load of clothes
    unload dishwasher
    keep an eye on Pea
    sweep kitchen
    water plants
    wash cat blankets

Have a beautiful day!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, I'm so glad you are on meds for the cat bite. You'll feel better soon.

fw, good to hear that your DD likes her job.

SD, have fun on the lake.

pinetree, my heart is happy for you!

I didn't mop yesterday, which worked out well since we had a huge thunderstorm last night and got lots of rain. The temps have been so high that they spark storms.

For Friday:

1) Mop
    2) Plan menus for the next few days
    3) Do some financial stuff with DH DONE
    4) Gather more donation stuff
    5) Dream of fall weather....

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, sounds like we are both thinking the same way, glad you are doing alittle better, need water? We have a bunch here you can have!

Geez, I post SD, went ahead of me, I post again and ilc posts!
    I can't keep up!! Thanks ilc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I hope Sweet Pea feels a lot better soon. I know you're worried...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks ilc, I guess my babies are getting old, time goes by so fast and all of a sudden thery are 15 yrs old... shes only 12 so I'm still hoping shes got a few years. Her Mom is 17, that we no of.. we are really watching her, but she wont let us near her, since we got her spayed.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope your pet feels better soon. I hate when they're sick and especially as they get older. Our older doggy is thirteen and having trouble keeping her feet under her. I look at her and wonder if we'll have her at this time next year. It's hard, but I wouldn't give up the great twelve years we've had with her for anything. I'm like you, can't believe how fast they get old.

We live in the woods, so we can always use water! I did find out the big column of smoke that scared me a few days ago when I was out on the lake was a controlled burn, so nothing to worry about. It's amazing what I can see out on the water. Otherwise I can't see the forest for the trees, literally!

Got some quiche cups made and had some experimental HM WW salisbury steak for lunch. Not bad!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry I've been absent. I just haven't had any energy and was not getting much done. Hubby wants me to go back to the doctor, but I'm so tired of complaining and getting no results. Maybe next week.

SD, I'm so glad the surgery went well. Hopefully you'll be able to buy cool sunglasses now.(that's my one regret about wearing glasses)

Pinetree, I'm so glad things are going well for you.

OM, great news about the bed! I hope your foot is better quickly.

FW, feel better! Take it easy until you do!

ILC, Niko, Ayanka, Hugs.

If I missed anyone, I apologize.

The weekend is coming and we're planning a few things in the garden. I'm freezing and dehydrating, but not canning, yet...I'm low on sugar and the bulk store is not on the calendar for a few weeks. I won't pay supermarket prices for sugar!

Have a wonderful weekend, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was just looking at something on the TV, white letters on a black background. It's so weird now that I can look at something like that and it's clearer with my left eye than my right, because my left has always been my worse eye. Now I'm really noticing the halo around the white letters with my right eye, but not my left which was the surgery eye. And I'm starting to see the brighter colors with my left eye that my surgeon said I would probably notice.

I did some more research on the new implant I got, and it sounds like it's supposed to correct distance vision. I was always far sighted and losing my distance vision has been a big frustration for me, so if I can give up the bifocals I'll be thrilled. I'll probably still need glasses for reading but then maybe not. I keep thinking about the possibilities. It's hard to wait and see what I can see!

I'm also noticing my computer glasses, which are old and a much milder prescription than my current reading glasses, are correcting my surgery eye vision to almost perfect, while my other eye can't focus with them. The letters on my screen here are sharper and the black font looks much more crisp, too. With my right eye, now the white background on the screen looks dingy and grayish. My reading glasses aren't doing much for either eye right now. It's going to be a long few weeks until I can get new reading glasses, if I do need them! Without glasses my surgery eye is still pretty fuzzy for near vision, but it seems to be improving fast now. I'm curious when it will stop improving, because that's when I'll know if I'll need a corrective lens for that eye or not.

I know I'm strange, but this whole eye surgery thing just fascinates me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Came on here to catch up and boy there was a lot to read! I have been doing other things instead of going on the computer so I've been absent.

SD - glad the eye surgery went well.

pinetree - hope your kitty is doing better. Glad to hear that your time with your brother went well.

om - so happy to hear that you got a bed! You asked how big the yard is, we have 3.5 acres. I usually split up cutting the front and back so I don't have to do it all in one day. Don't know how much land the fenced in yard is, 1.5 acres or so?

Jen - hope your feeling better by next week so you don't have to see the doctor

Hoping that DH gets home early tonight so we can finally finish putting up the last railing. I have a Graduation party tomorrow for my nephew to go to so I probably won't be making any lists for tomorrow. I just want to putter around the yard and get some stuff tidied up. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

lots of plusses tonight. Glad to hear about the vision and the bed and all.

Got the carriers rinsed out and the umbrella up. It's cloth I was just worried about mice but there was no sign. Got the 4 cats to the vet. Charlie my giant cat only weighs 20# but is 3 ft. long wanders all over the room and grabbing the attention of several techs. My buddy wanted to get his snarl and i dared her. He let her get part. My sweet wild rescue is down to 1/2 her teeth at 11 yrs. but has her molars so the vet isn't worried. (bad early nutrition and genetics). My fluffy cat is doing well. And I took the kitten w/ the squinty eye. The eye is fine the lid turns in. I can give her dry eyedrops-HA! sure I can. No pain so that made me relieved.
    Also groc. shopped at Kroger so I am beat.
    DD loves her job. I was annoyed. The boss said she was going to make her Asst. Manager but can't if she won't work the 4:30 a.m. shift. I told her to find out if it pays more and I can take her. Before it was just to see if she liked the shift and now it's " A deal breaker" I'm a bit annoyed. But mouth closed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, we were sure our umbrella would be chewed up, but luckily it wasn't. It's not even dirty. How did that happen?

Couldn't unload the new entertainment center because it's raining. Thanks, Pinetree! . We need it.

Got our errands done, too.

Stopped at DQ because it was getting late, and had the garden salad. Pretty good but Marzetti's should be ashamed to put their name on those DQ dressings. However, I just ordered a side of Flamethrower sauce and mixed some of that in with the ranch dressing, so problem solved. Everything's better with Flamethrower sauce.

Picked up some freebies at the one rummage sale that was today. The guy really wanted to get rid of stuff and just about everything I looked at, he told me to just take it. I got two tall wire CD racks I'm going to use for small trellises, and then I got a free brass frame that used to have a glass top on it for an end table, but the top is gone. They had a coated wire shelf dealie that made no sense to me but it was a quarter and should fit the top of the brass frame perfectly. I've been thinking what I could put down on the dock for a little table that would let the wind just blow through it so it doesn't blow into the lake. This should work great for a quarter. Husby got a rechargeable weed whacker free that the guy didn't know if it works or not, so we'll take a gamble. The FD normally weed whacks the hydrant, but since we're parking the HydroBikes on it now, we don't want them to weed whack our plastic pontoons. So we're going to have to figure out something since there's no power down there.

Good luck with the porch rail, Rabbit. It always feels so good to get stuff like that all done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-because the little booger prob. ate something else!! Like a tent.
    We pulled thru DQ too today. DD helped me w/ the vet trip so I bought her a caramel MOO-Latte. I got a strawberry shake but 3 little cow eyed dogs conned quite a bit of it away from me. Just as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning will catch up Monday. With everyone hugs to all
    today we are going to jeremy's house too see grandbabies. We don't see them much. And he just re enlisted. So we have to see while we can..
    weekend to do list
    king-size bed gone
    full size one put in
    laundry
    sweep and mop

Enjoy your weekend