2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 89
Page 89 of 271 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all! Woke up to sun but now it's clouding up again. Blah...

Today I need to toss the robot in the pool to vacuum and while that's going I need to plant the wildflower mix I got for the hilly spot on the side of the new house. I worry about DH trying to mow that area. He has some issues with his mobility and instability so the last thing I need is him misjudging the slant and sliding down the hill with the mower. Or worse being on the riding mower and tipping sideways. I realize these things are a long shot (and I am paranoid, I own that too) but why chance it? So I suggested we plant that area with wildflowers. No mowing and they will look nice. We found a large bag of seed at Home Depot with various wildflowers so I'm going to see about getting those in today. If I don't get moving on it they won't have time to grow before winter comes. LOL.

DH wants to work on the mudding in the family room so he can get that taped and painted. He was working on taping it last week but discovered the builders left chunks of mud here and there at the top of the walls so he's sanded those down and remudded in the places it needed it. Hopefully he can get that done this week so we can start painting in there by the end of the week.

Our excavation guy is coming today to look over the new house property and see what needs to be done there so we can get the lawn started. Also he needs to finish the area around the pool. I'll be glad to see a lawn over there. So tired of dirt, dirt and more dirt.

Otherwise I'm shooting to get in 5000 steps today and am going to try a new recipe for dinner. Loaded Baked Potato And Chicken Casserole | Inspired Dreamer
    I'll be making some changes to work around my weight loss plan and keeping my sodium levels down too. I hope we like it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everything done yesterday

ILC my foot is still sore and stiff but not swollen... thank u for asking.

SD great u made me think I could buy used I want Leather sofa...... I have seen them... beautiful and eventful trip with the wildlife sighting.

Fw that back yard will look nice. Paige said Jurassic Park was great movie... hope Hubs feels better.

Pinetree sounds like a productive day. Don't over do it.

Jen congrats on the cherries. Sounds like a great day6and hope it was a great birthday

Hikroo good kind of a wore out..hugs

Rabbit hi what is a cyclone fence.

1 load of clothes onthe rack.
    1 quilt in the dryer
    Sweep and mop all done

To do exercise, Bible reading, sun bathing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh forgot
    honey chicken and rice

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody!

Jen, happy birthday to your daughter!

hikr, that recipe sounds good.

fw, the job sounds great for your hubby.

RABBIT, my critters are shedding too. I guess because it's summer.

SD, I am so jealous of all the good things you find.

om, I'm glad your foot is better. It may take a while for all the soreness to disappear.

pinetree, I hope the weather there holds so you can continue to enjoy the outdoors.

For Monday:

1) Maybe mop if DH finishes his porch project and isn't constantly in and out of the house with dirty shoes
    2) Go through pantry and see what I've forgotten is there
    3) Clean toilets
    4) Do some financial stuff with DH DONE
    5) Enjoy our air conditioning

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, if you're looking at used furniture with soft surfaces, be sure to check for cat scratching damage especially on the back, and don't be shy about putting your face close to the furniture all over to give it a good sniff test. If someone thinks that's weird, so what? You don't want to drag home something someone has smoked all over or that cats have peed all over. But I think if you're careful, buying used can get you some really nice things for not much money, especially if you're willing to work a little bit to clean things or do minor repairs.

I'm liking my Habit Helper challenge with Prevent this week. I have a hard time staying off the computer so for that challenge, I'm waiting at least an hour every morning to turn the computer on, and doing active chores instead. Today I just logged on and it's four hours since I got up. I've gotten a lot done and also racked up about 2,000 steps mostly walking around the kitchen cleaning stuff. I can see my stove again! The counter by the sink is still full but a lot of that is a three-drawer Sterilite storage thingie waiting to be washed. That counter is only the width of the dishwasher so not huge. I might actually get caught up in this lifetime.

So far I loaded and ran the dishwasher, washed another stacked rack of plastic ware, partially disassembled the damaged computer desk I dragged home for parts, removed two shelves, and installed the shelves in the desk where I needed them for the little pull outs I needed to store some officey things. I think the desk project might actually be finished. I potted the marigolds finally, right before the torrential downpour started, and rounded up a pot for the petunias. I measured the bookcase and cabinet I want to put in the back porch, which we had before the entertainment center onslaught. I sorted a few things for GW and put them in the box. I went out to the cabin and measured the two new cabinets out there and concluded they are both the perfect size for the spaces they're going to live in and that they'll go well with the other furniture around them, size-wise. I figured out how to remove, but have not yet removed, the hinges for the missing glass door on the one that will become storage for my potting stuff. I love that one because the top section closes with tambour doors and really looks nice. We don't need the glass doors so the broken one isn't a big deal. I'll just remove the one that's there. I decided I absolutely love all the 'new' cabinets and I'm so darn glad we went back and were able to buy them and somehow stuff them all into the truck. I also looked over the small cabinet we installed in its spot in the back porch last night and concluded I couldn't have done much better if I had custom-built it. It's plywood and hand-built by someone who had decent skills, and it's a great size for the space we have. Can't believe it was only $2. Our Cobb grill and two small coolers that we use a lot for day trips fit great on the bottom so those finally have a home, and the recycle box for light bulbs fits on the top shelf which is not very tall. There's some more space on the top shelf for other things, too. It only sticks up above the windowsill about two inches which is less than I thought it would and completely acceptable. Perfect!

Still can't believe we got all that nice-looking storage for only $37, plus another La-Z-Boy for only $18. Even factoring in $40 for gas for the two days plus Husby's stop to buy rolls at Timmy's, still a huge bargain.

It's been a busy and productive morning!

We've bought six entertainment centers this spring, plus the one we curb-picked for Mom's new bookcase. I think we're done now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!!

ilc Keep on smiling!! Been thinking about you often, are you doing ok? Drinking enough?

FW, Your DD is doing wonderful!! Hope you hubby feels better and gets the job he wants. Your yard must be looking really good!! Hope you get rid of your creping crud soon!!
    Funny thing I thought about my furbabies when you said last week yours were going in.. well mine is doing better, seems we always have cat problems at the same time!

SD, man can you find the sales!! You make my trip to the dollar store look petty!! lol

Jen, Happy Birthday to your DD. That is the nicest thing I have ever heard of for a Dad to do, those girls have wonderful years of memories!!

OM, lol I hope you don't fall out! Good Luck finding a leather sofa, theres been a bunch here lately on craigs list for free, they looked in new condition, but had to move, needed to get rid of them..
    Too late on not over doing it,, I always do! Feels SO good!!

RABBIT, Good Luck painting, At least you will be done and its all finished. I never thought about coroplast, neightbor up the road used 3x8 foot (?) metal roofing, put up posts the ran the metal sideways, works good and guess it was alot cheaper.

HI Niko!

Hikr00, recipe sounds good, my family would love it, let me know how good it is, sounds too much for me. WTG on the painting!!

Remember all that painting we did last year? well the deck is now peeling off in big pieces, all that sanding and cleaning and priming for nothing!! We were looking at the house and its the same way, theres spots where it looks like it just came off, clean down to the wood, it doesnt even looked like it was priimed! ANd we had to prime the primer!! I am done painting, it almost killed me last year, someone else can do it!

We have both houses to sign the refi papers on, plus have a couple big jobs to get out, plus the yard is a total mess.. So I aam hoping I can get some of it done, DH and DS decided to get me a canopy, one of those 8x8 things that you can put over a picnic table for shade, that way I can work in the yard out of the sun.. We will see..

We have one more nice day, one with no rain, then the monsoon moves in, great, we have so much water now, most of the lakes were closed because the boat ramps and campgrounds were under water! The rivers are flowing like crazy, we are in the middle of the mountains melting off the snow, so the rivers are closed too. At least we have not had to water outside yet, yes, sure saving on the water bill!

unload dishwasher
    work on a job
    find dinner

I dont have an idea on dinner

Have a great day everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-cats are just due for yearly shots. Except Chocolate (one of the "kittens")
    He keeps squinting his eye. Turns out the eye is fine just the eye lid rolls in. I didn't notice it when he first came so it is worse. We will let it ride unless it gets bad and then surgery is an option.
    The yard looks like a bomb went off! Dh cleared so much so fast. I have to rim and rake up messes we couldnt see before. We still have the other side fence to do. And I have a section to trim up. Dh weed whacked the garden by the house w/o consulting me -"helping" and now I cant pull and dig the weeds but it will grow esp. w/ all the rain!

I was making the lasagne tonight but it takes 80 min. and I don't know if the power will go out. I can smell the ozone from the storm. I may just vaccumn and hang on dinner for now. We have lunch meat if necessary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Where is everybody???

2.5/3 today, didn't make a salad, will do it tomorrow. Got the porch railing wiped down and did the patio furniture too while I was at it. Finished just in time because now it is pouring. Makes me just want to plop down on the couch and read.

fw - scary about the dogs! You just don't know what they're going to do, good thing Mikey didn't do more than touch noses. I have to worry about dogs, cats, ducks and chickens/rooster. Since my dogs can't get to the (fill in the blank of whatever animal of my neighbors is over on my property) they will start to do the misplaced aggression and fight with each other. <sigh> This started a year ago when they moved in. I really need to live on 50 acres.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weird, there was no posts for today except for fw, now I post and they all come up! FV is always wonky on my computer. Never have any problems with any other site except for this one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, yeah, we do seem lucky when it comes to finding bargains. Maybe we're just open to too many ideas. But it's time to cut back on sales or we'll backslide all the progress we've made purging excess stuff. Still have a long way to go on that. Most of the furniture we've bought lately is upgrades, like the entertainment center for the bathroom that replaced the ugly too-small wire shelving in there. So that means it's replacing something else so not really taking up more space.

FW, you can make lasagna in the microwave in half the time, if that helps. And you don't have to cook the noodles first. Here's the recipe in case anyone is interested. As long as the sauce to pasta ratio stays about the same, I'm sure this technique would work with most recipes. Hope the storms stay away from you.

Lasagna
    1 lb. hamburger, browned and cooled
    1 egg
    2 c. cottage cheese
    2 t. parsley (optional)
    8 oz. mozzarella, divided
    4 c. tomato sauce
    2 t. Italian seasoning, or to taste
    9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
    Pour 1 c. tomato sauce into glass or other microwave safe pan. Sprinkle with some of the Italian seasoning. Lay 3 noodles in the sauce, breaking to fit as necessary. In bowl, mix egg, cottage cheese, 6 oz. mozzarella, hamburger, and parsley. Spread half of mixture over noodles in pan. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Pour remaining sauce over all, making sure to cover all the noodles completely. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning, then remaining cheese. Cover and cook in micro at High 15 minutes and then Medium 20 minutes. Let stand five minutes before serving. Leftovers freeze well. I usually skip the parsley and replace it with Italian seasoning or a combo of basil and oregano. If you want to use the hamburger while it's still warm, then don't mix it with the cheese mixture but just sprinkle half of it over each of the cheese layers instead.

I finally made myself cut the cardboard liners for the two new racks in the bathroom cabinet. As I estimated, the box my sewing machine extension came in worked out perfectly. I cut it in half and each half worked out perfect for one drawer. It's nice cardboard so I'm happy I thought of it. So I can move all the remaining bathroom stuff into those drawers now. It'll be good to get that part of the project done. I'm closing in on the end of that one too. If only I could stay focused it would be done in no time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby and DD had a very nice day. As usual. I didn't even have to cook dinner! She wanted subs, so we ordered out. What a nice treat! I stopped in at the farm today while I was getting a few errands done, and I got more green beans and 2 qt of black raspberries! I absolutely love black raspberries and heavy cream! This is my one big indulgence every summer. I'll be freezing at least half of them for jam, but I must have some as a snack!

Tomorrow:

1. Go get sugar so I can start making my jams and jellies.
    2. Blanch and freeze the green beans. I may want to pick some from the garden, too.
    3. Start cleaning out the freezer. My Zaycon chicken order is coming next Monday.

Have a fabulous day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-stouffers lol. lazy girl.

Rabbit-very interesting. Maybe that is Mackeys issue. The monster they adopted (like 130#? and jet black) barks at Mackey and I yell if he barks. Maybe thats why he is picking on Yogi. He wasn't like this before that dog moved in. Hmmm!

Storm hit and passed now. We lost power and back on in 5 min. Yeah!!
    I bailed both the window wells w/ a handy dog food bowl. Too fat for this. We have an electric sump we use but that meant getting that orange cord and the toads were drowning. Hopefully the weather is done. It is muggy but beautifully sunny. Bought a new red camping chair and the poor thing is wet more than dry this last month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om - don't know why I call it a cyclone fence, it's chain link.

pinetree - DH had an idea of using the material that is on a pole barn for the fence (like a metal roof material) but it would have been more difficult to cut and he would have had to drill holes in it to attach to the existing fence. The coroplast is 4 x 8 feet and he just punched holes in it with a scratch awl. Then we attached it with zip ties. I'll try to post a picture of it sometime.

fw - we had that eye problem with a dog we had years ago. She had to have surgery though because her eyelashes were rubbing on her eye making it very painful. I also had the problem with the window well filling with water and was so sick of climbing in and bailing out the water. DH finally, last fall, covered it with a piece of coroplast (very useful) cut to size and that has worked. He is going to replace it with a piece of clear plastic but hasn't got around to it yet.

Tuesday
    1 - dailies
    2 - clean rabbits pen and cat/rabbit litter boxes
    3 - yard work

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-we had window well covers made of clear plastic. One of the old dogs we don't have anymore decided it was a toy and drug it all over the yard and I came out to pieces. I should google the stuff you keep talking about.

Well round 2 of this storm is passing over. Don't know if it will rain again or not but most likely. If I am mysteriously absent tomorrow you will know why.
    Cats don't have as much in the way of eyelashes but I will be observing him regularly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No,that stuff wouldnt be tough enough for my obnoxious crew.