2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 9
Page 9 of 271 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen - hope today went better for you.

piney - $180 - 200 for a shot?! Yikes. It's crazy how out of control medical care is.

SallyC - I enjoyed your post, thank you for sharing your daughters journey. She obviously has learned from her parents! WTG!! I love the fact, that at her young age, she sponsors a child.

1/3 today, I knew my streak couldn't last. I got into my book (I am Pilgrim) and couldn't put it down.

Thursday
    1 - try to catch up with dailies
    2 - paint store
    3 - make hair appointment

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3
    today
    make appts
    clean off headboard
    unload dishwasher
    3/3 all done

Thurs
    no list yet

Ok guys I went down for all my appts got there at 2o got home at 6:15. I had
    ekg
    blood draw
    appt with my wonderful heart Dr.
    echoicardigram, not sure on that spelling

Good news, there is No change, which is good cause theres no more damage, but I was hoping for improvment.

Had to make appt for a Dr. to implant a defribulator,( its like a pacemaker) and start rehab. So I still cant do too much yet. he also turned my oxygen up alittle, which is really helping alot.

I got my salt substitute taken away, he said no way, because of the potassium. The Mrs Dash should be ok. No fats oils or cholesteral if possible. 2000mg on sodium, 2000 on calories, stay on the diabetic diet, no processed foods and salt is my enemy from now on.

So I guess I just keep plugging along.. feeling alittle down today..

ilc, Really praying about your tests, Its So hard to feel horrible, I was thinking about you.

Thanks everyone for the warm fuzzies, its really helps when you feel like you are alone.

Jen, I feel So bad for you, its like you cant catch a break, wishing you all well for tomorrow!

Niko, Thanks for the recipies, This is So hard, My taco bell salad has like 2200 mg salt, its my entire day, I really dont want to look at chic fil a, I really dont want to give them up!!

SallyC, great job on your daughter.

Piney, DH went to get antibiotic for a tooth from walmart and they were $200, we thought they were on the $4 list, so be careful when buying you pills. Too bad you cant get that shot.

I got to go out in the back yard today, got to see my old guy and our new black one, havent seen them since we were painting the house, they made me cry, they both came charging at me, old guy even let me pet him,,, I couldnt stay out very long, it was too cold. I miss them so much, but so grateful I got to see them.

Have a wonderful Thursday, please take care.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3 again. Did the laundry, but I think the dog bed is toast. the apples are still(mostly) here. They're being eaten, so I don't feel too bad about not drying them.
    The vertigo was a little better today, but I still can't move around normally. Moving too quickly makes me sick and dizzy, so I'm moving at a snails pace.

Pinetree, I'm sorry about the salt substitute, but hopefully you can get used to it.
    ILC, I really hope your doc is going to help you. I had to fight to get the natural thyroid meds, and as soon as I did, things got closer to normal for me.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Work on February menu plan and budget.
    3. Shred some old files. There's a lot of old paper around here.

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    So, to today's list:

1) Study all of my information about FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
    2) Gather my information and estimates for 2014 taxes
    3) Fill out and submit FAFSA
    It's been a marathon day, but I got it done! It's submitted online as far as it can go. Once our taxes are filed, I can make corrections to it and have it finalized.

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 done yesterday and a good nap to.
    Thursday
    clean off kitchen table and put things away in cabinet and pantry
    clear off computer desk and table beside my chair
    Fold load laundry put away

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, hang in there! As a cardiac patient your emotions will go all over the place for a while. Don't get discouraged---things will get better. You aren't getting worse and that's a LOT to be thankful for. I'm so glad you got to see your kitties. And I hope the weather cooperates so you can go outside more.

piney, you are doing well with your To-Do lists!

Jen, I feel for you. Vertigo is awful.

For Thursday:

1) Pick up prescriptions; go to Dollar Tree and the library DONE
    2) Catch up on recording this month's expenditures
    3) Do a load of laundry

I think that's it for today. Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm suffering from a bad attack of laziness. I was so happy that I got my FAFSA done yesterday that I kind of have a "reward myself" mentality today. Well, life needs to go on so I better get some work done.

Today's tasks:

1) Dishes
    2) Get cash at the bank for envelopes
    3) Plan meals for the weekend
    4) Come up with another 3 tasks

Have a good day, everyone!

Kind regards,

Sally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 done today
    Friday list
    clean bathroom
    rerange things in pantry see what I need to use and what I need put on grocery list
    get back to my embroi dering haven't work on it in 3 days

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today though it was a rough day. Still dizzy and sick and moving very slow. It was cold today and I never even got outside. Hopefully I'll be able to take a short walk tomorrow.

Tomorrow:

1. Spend 15 minutes working on the basement. It is an awful mess!
    2. Make list of what boxes I need in my craft room. I have a lot of supplies and they need sorted.
    3. Go get storage boxes for craft supplies.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!

So sorry to see everyone running in to all these challenges and obstacles... and SO PROUD of you all for keeping at it, overcoming what you can and working around what you can't! Personally, I've got a terrible case of "January" at the moment. But I'm pretty sure it will be better in 10 days or so. "February" can be an equally awful affliction, but usually not, because hey, half-price candy after the 14th!!! Plus it's shorter. Once we get to March, it's smooth sailing... But back to January. Ugg.... short days, cold weather, ugly brown landscape... then there's all the school calendar wackiness... MLK day (off), half-days all this week, semester break next Monday and Tuesday... snow delays... on and on... DD11 doesn't handle disruptions to her schedule very well, so all these little things are basically an attempt by "them" to kill us, I swear!! ;P

So my list most days is: (1)get everyone out the door without bloodshed (2)make sure homework gets done and meals get eaten... minimal bloodshed... "none" is too lofty a goal when homework is involved (3)get everyone to sleep (I'm failing on this one tonight... it's an hour and a half past bedtime and I can hear they're still awake in there...

Tommorrow, however, DD11 meets her new therapist, so tomorrow's list is:
    1- pick up kiddos a bit early and go to the doctor
    2- cooking project with the kids
    3- get the kitchen all cleaned up

My life is *SO* glamorous!!! ;P

Pinetree, I'm glad to hear you're doing alright, as in not-worse... and, honestly, 2000mg sodium is all they recommend for ANY of us... just we all ignore it. I remember decades ago my mom went on 1000mg a day, trying to keep off of blood pressure meds... she got used to it and her taste buds adjusted over time. Are you still on restricted fluids? That sounds BRUTAL. I'd be eating celery all day just to cheat and get extra water (but really, it's diuretic, so not much the Dr could say about it...)

Ok, I'm off to sit in my kids room and glare until they fall asleep. Ergh. ;D

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, that vertigo can be a b!#*@h, can't it? I remember several years ago I found something online about a physical exercise you can do that will cause the vertigo to go away, but I have no idea what the link is. Maybe you can Google "how to banish vertigo" or something like that? It seems like you started by kneeling on all fours and then did a few movements and it would rebalance everything in the inner ear. DH has had vertigo once and I've had it twice and we both agree it's probably the worst thing we've suffered through.

SallyC, you deserve a "lazy" day! Enjoy!

RABBIT, I did what you did the other day----got involved in my library books yesterday and that was my day....and evening....

So for Friday:

1) Clean up kitchen
    2) Reset den and breakfast room
    3) Do some laundry
    4) Work on finances
    5) Enjoy not having to go anywhere today

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 done today to tired after cleaning and reranging things in pantry to think about embroidery but on the up side I figured out if I would stay on course of cooking from pantry and freezer I could probably cut my grocery bill by 1/2 next month and I do need to use more that I have here.
    Not sure what Sat. list is but there is always something to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today, I didn't go out to get boxes. The vertigo is still with me, but I can tell it's getting better. Hopefully it will be gone soon.

No list for the weekend...Hubby has things he wants help with and I'll most likely just work on the basement when I have time. I really don't like working down there during the week, because it always sounds like someone is walking around above me. I know it's the dogs, but it creeps me out anyway.

It's snowing, so I'll stay home tomorrow, unless hubby drives. If he does, I'll go get boxes.

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For Saturday:

1) Errands DONE
    2) More laundry
    3) Make menus for the next few days
    4) Enjoy the sunshine

Have a lovely day, everybody, and take care of yourselves.

Page 9 of 271 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast