2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 90
Page 90 of 271 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok, I am back. Not feeling 100% yet, but a whole lot better than last week. The bad news is that I have a very long to do list and that I still have to try not to overdo it. So here are my 3 for today:

1. Go on an ID-reader hunt, which I need to be able to log on the site to fill in my tax papers. Anyone want to gamble what is on tomorrow's list?
    2. Put all of my sick papers in the mailbox of the company dealing with them.
    3. Clean the bathroom.

I might do more, but this is the absolute minimum I have to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made through the storm w/ power and not a stick down. The most heavy activity hit above and below us. Have to watch the news. I know 3 tornadoes hit yesterday west in the state. I just got no sleep tracking tornado warnings and storm warnings until 3:30 a.m.

My list will be short. I need to sleep after I call Dmom and make sure she has power. Her area got more rain than mine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone.hope all is well. Hugs

Yesterday was a very emotionally draining day for me. Too much drama. Like Payton Place... too many affairs, breakup, both spouses cheating, the boyfriend (I know he is lying) is supposedly dying...my friend is crazy......

No phone today at all...
    honey garlic chicken was a hit
    3 for 3 plus n personal, 3 done

Today no clue..
    spaghetti for supper
    will chat tomorrow. My head is ringing...like a bell hugs be safe luv, Pen

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so glad f or my dull life

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't let other people's dramas become yours, Pen. It's too much of a drain.

I'm doing well with not logging on to the computer for at least an hour in the AM and doing active chores instead. My Prevent coach called me this AM and I discussed this and how I want to gradually increase the time spent offline. She offered to make it into a formal plan that we work on together via PMs. I'm all for that! I want to get to the point I'm not online at all till at least three PM most days. There are eight weeks left in my Prevent program and if I increase the time spent offline by one hour per week, that should come out about right to make that goal by the end of the program. I've tried doing this all at once and it hasn't worked, which my coach said is normal because most people can't just stop doing something habitual and stick with it. That made me feel better.

While I was busy not being online this AM, I washed up the smallest entertainment center, the one we're going to put the TV on in the bedroom. Wow, was it grimy! It didn't look like it but the water sure got black. It looks so much brighter and nicer now. It needs a backer and shelves, so I should go poke around in the garage and see what I can use. I'd like to get that done and move into it ASAP so it's out of the way and the microwave stand the TV is on now can be donated and gotten out of here. I will gain a five-foot shelf to use for cookbooks once I get the travel books moved into the new cabinet, too, so that's another incentive to get the new cabinet in place.

I also rounded up all the bathroom stuff left that belongs in the new bathroom cabinet (the e-center that started the whole cascade this spring ) and got that sorted and put in the trays I finished yesterday. I hope I got everything now. It's good to have all that put away, finally. We'll be able to find stuff easier now and also know what we have.

While I was looking for bathroom stuff I unearthed a smallish box of stuff that was removed from the little table I used to use for my laptop. It's full of office stuff, camera cards, etc, so I'm sorting through that, too, and finding some stuff I've been looking for. The shelves I put in this new desk yesterday hold trays for that kind of stuff, so I'll be able to organize all that and be able to find it now, too. Progress!

So with the bathroom stuff and the computer table stuff, that's four boxes of clutter out of the LR today! I will get this place in shape!

Today I still need to:

1. Search for shelving and backer material in garage. Might have to wait till Husby gets home so he can help me move heavy stuff.
    2. Walk.
    3. Bike.
    4. Track food.
    5. Clean strawberries before I have to trash them.
    6. Prep at least one melon.
    7. Make a healthy supper.
    8. Make two cardboard trays for craft cabinet out of a box.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!

Ayanka, go slow, I always overdo and am sorry later.. Feel better soon!

Om, FW is right! Don't let others steal your joy!! If you can watch Joyce Meyers, her show is Enjoying everyday Life. She can give you hints and can really make you feel better!
    I am going to try that honey chicken, someday

SD, Well doesnt surprise me, you are running circles around me, no wonder I am so dizzy!! lol WTG girl, hows your eyes doing?
    My cottage cheese has 400+ mg of salt per 1/2 cup!! I never thought cottage cheese was that bad!!

Jen, WTG with your DD, have fun with your chicken, I get mine friday, got 3 cause it was so cheap, maybe it will last along time, until the prices drop back down.

FW, Glad all your furbabies are ok. MIne is sill sick, its taking her along time to recover this time.. So glad your DH took the new job, hope he feels better soon. Stay safe from the storms!

ilc, I assume you are out shopping!! Hope you found some good deals. also saw where the heat is going to get you? Hopefully its further north, its been hot here, well in the 90's, ac really helps!! How you doing?

Hikroo, Thats alot to get done at the new house, I hope it all goes smoothly

RABBIT, We use coroplast to make yard and realtor signs. Its pretty easy to work with.. and comes in all kinds of colors! Hot yellow is my favorite!! That would blind the dog before it could get to your dog!

Niko, Hi there!! missing ya!

I sure hope I didnt forget someone!

I got my test results back, they all look really good I think, since I dont have a Dr. to tell me I will take them with me and have my cardio. go over it with me

I got a release to do 30-60 min a day of exercise, 5-6 days per week!! Yippeee heee haww Its about time!! I guess the other day when I was working in the yard was a weeks worth of exercise!! I think I might see if I can find a walking video on utube and see if I can start getting my legs going with the rest on me, they are so weak, its hard to walk very far, maybe I could walk in 5 min blocks, or something

Got am eamil from DB, he finally got home, wow 3 days, I was starting to get worried, but I gues it is clear across country..

Have a notary coming to the house this afternnon to sign papers on the houses, it will be nice to get them done, and have the payment drop almost in half. Hopefully that goes smoothly..

list
    find dinner
    sign papers
    pay bills, get deposit ready
    work on job
    exercise

Have a woderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank u SD and pinetree.

I love Joyce Meyers can't find now that I switched companies...
    Paige called she got a glider today.
    she has a lot a baby stuff so far...
    A crib, a glider
    her in laws getting strollers and car seat
    my brother a bounce and swing.
    Bathtub
    Clothes...

We need feeding stuff. Diaper bag and diapers wpies, Destin, bed stuff.. it is all coming together the shower is still 3 mon the away.... we have been truly blessed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, that's fantastic news! Just be careful not to overdo. Your legs will get stronger now that they're letting you get more exercise. You're doing great!

My eyes are great, thanks. I go to my local optometrist tomorrow to find out for sure what's going on. He should be able to tell me how much my vision has improved. I can tell it's better but of course I can't quantify how much better. I found out I wasn't supposed to be lifting heavy stuff, about two days after surgery. Oops! But I don't think any harm was done.

I was surprised at the salt content of cottage cheese, too. It's so bland you wouldn't think about it being salty because it sure doesn't taste like it. All my life I've added salt and pepper to it to liven it up, till a couple years ago. Tomato juice too. No more! Frustrating.

I took the dogs for a walk and Sugar was such a maniac I probably burned an extra 200 calories just dealing with her and constantly getting myself unwrapped from the leash. She really is losing her mind. Then I tied her to the rail on the front deck and forced her to be brushed. She's at the age now where she completely freaks out when she's brushed so it's an ordeal and I feel guilty, but it has to be done. She has huge clumps of husky underfur sticking out all over and looks terrible, plus it all ends up all over the house. I made Sota comply, too. Now there are parts of my dogs blowing up off the deck in front of the house. LOL. It's like a blizzard. I had to brush my own clothes when I was done with them because I was full of hair from head to toe. It's barely a start but at least they look a little better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, all your news is so good! Your test results, your DB home, house papers getting signed....finally some wonderful things are happening!! I am thrilled for you!

Have you thought about vinyl siding for your house? Once it's done, all you need to do is pressure wash it once a year or so.

SD, so sorry about Sugar. I hope working with your coach will help you with computer time.

RABBIT, I agree with you about rain and reading. Of course, I think anytime is a good time to read.

Jen, black raspberries, yum!

fw, glad the storms didn't cause any problems where you are.

Pen, so sorry about the emotional mess. Yes, there's a lot to be said for dull lives.

Ayanka, good to hear from you. Glad you're better.

The heat is terrible here but this weekend it's supposed to cool down and rain. And speaking of rain---after hearing rumbles of thunder all afternoon, it's now raining! We can use it.

For Tuesday:

1) Take DH and his buddy to canoe down the river (they didn't get to because we had a flat and then the spare was horrible so we came home and DH went to buy tires)
    2) Clean up lots of dirty dishes DONE
    3) Revise menus DONE
    4) Clean toilets (this on list for several days) DONE
    5) Reset den IN PROGRESS

Have a good Tuesday.
    4)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, ILC. Sugar's happy, that's all I care about. She doesn't know she's crazy. Usually she's okay but for one reason or another I haven't walked them (or me) lately, so maybe she was just overexcited. Plus people kept stopping to talk to us (tourists ) and that gave her more opportunities to wind me up in the leash because she couldn't keep walking ahead of me. Lots of traffic on our road today.

I'm sure with my coach keeping her watchful eye on me, I'll do okay with changing my bad computer habits. I'm starting to get back to some of the other things I've enjoyed that I've gotten out of the habit of doing because of the lure of the internet, so I think I'll do okay as long as I don't try going cold turkey again. I did great getting my steps up from less than 1,000 to over 5,000, just by adding some every week instead of trying to do that all at once, so I hope this will be the same.

Bummer about the tires, but it sounds like you were fairly close to home. It's so much better when stuff like that doesn't happen far from home in a situation where it's hard to deal with. So at least there's a bright spot. Hope they can go canoeing when it cools off.

I'm doing okay on my list. I haven't looked for lumber yet for the first cabinet. It looks so nice now I can't believe it. It's subtle but much prettier now and has a nice sheen to the finish. I'm going to have to scrub down all the others, too.

I walked over a mile today, and it was hot so it was a nice sweaty walk.

No biking, waiting for Husby. It's windy so I'm not sure how much biking we'll do but I do want to get out there.

Tracking all day.

Strawberries cleaned.

Cantaloupe cut.

SBD meatloaf thawing for supper. I made five side salads so they're ready to grab as needed. That works so much better for us than just cutting the lettuce and keeping it in one big container. I put in tomatoes, bell peppers, radishes, onion, and other goodies in each one, so all we need to do is add dressing. We eat so much more salads when I have them ready. Good for us! I'll make potatoes in the micro for Husby for supper and lunch tomorrow, and skip that for myself.

Haven't made the cardboard trays yet but I found a perfect size box, so that's something. I bought five unopened rolls of Contact paper for ten cents each at a sale earlier this spring, so I have plenty of that to cover the boxes so they'll look nicer and stand up better.

My diet buddy in Massachusetts e'd they booked their hotel and airline reservations for a visit here in mid-August! I can't wait to see them again! We met in person the last time at an RV rally about seven years ago, so it'll be good to have some face time. So I have a deadline for getting the house cleaned up, and also for getting the bike trailer done. The hotel where they're staying has one HydroBike, so with our two and a kayak from the hotel's marina, we could all have a fun ride. (They are kayakers.) But we'll need a trailer. I almost have the bike trailer figured out, thanks to picking up that cheap box of brackets at the sale Saturday. I was able to change the design to use a lot less steel tubing, so that will save labor for the welder, materials, and weight on the trailer. I just have a few more decisions to make about the design and then I can get all the paperwork in order so I can discuss the design with the welder, and hopefully get this thing done before too long. It's going to be spendy but custom work always is. Sure am glad the junkyard guy never came to get the old boat trailer when we were going to junk it for $25. That would have been such a costly mistake! I think Husby is going to pick up the new license plate for the trailer today, so that'll be an incentive to get moving on the project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - wow, your doing a lot of organizing. It's always such a good feeling to look back over your work when you're done and see all the improvements. We used to have 2 Akita's, so I can sympathize with the hair, not as much as Husky's but darn close.

pinetree - fantastic news!

Ayanka - take it slow, glad your feeling better.

fw - I was worried about the tornadoes last night too! Glad none in my area.

ilc - hope the rain cools you off at least a little bit today

Had the day off today so I got a lot done. Even got a nap in! I cleaned up all the flower beds and used my little hand trimmer to edge around them, trimmed a tree and even hand picked some weeks on the driveway. It was sooooo nice outside today I just was looking for things to do. Got the inside vacuumed, furniture de-haired, all tile floors washed, master bath/bedroom cleaned, stairs going downstairs washed, salad made, dinner put together and made tuna crunchies for dogs.

I am so sore from crouching down to weed. Can't wait to put my legs up tonight and relax. Oh, the coroplast is working, the dogs were so quiet today when I was out there working. It was blissful, I now love my house again.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! Didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped to yesterday. The rain began soon after I sent my post so no outside work was done. Oh well. Today we also had rain again The poor pool is going to overflow if this keeps up. Tomorrow is "supposed" to be sunny and mid 70's so hoping to get the planting done and the pool cleaning as well.

We took a ride to Sam's Club today since we couldn't work outside (and DH had to wait for more mud to dry on the taping job) and picked up the stuff we needed there. Grabbed lunch at Denny's as it's on the way. I've been having issues with my jaw. I suspect TMJ type because when I press right at the base of my ear towards the front of my face I can localize the pain there. I've been using Advil 2-3 times a day (one at a time) to try and knock the inflammation down but no real luck. I haven't been all that good about eating soft foods though and I need to do that. I may call the doc tomorrow and try for an appt early next week. So my lunch was a bowl of oatmeal, a scrambled egg and a small dish of mac and cheese. Came out to 523 calories and 650 mg of sodium. Could be worse, could be better. But at least it was soft and I didn't really have to chew. I didn't finish the mac and cheese.

FW2 glad all was well for you guys with the tornados. That's so scary. I can't imagine. We have had a couple here but they've been small and also not strong. The last one I recall was when DD was little. We got the warning and I was petrified but trying to act calm for DD. So we were eating dinner and it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop (DH was out to sea). All of a sudden the dog let loose with this huge sneeze. I let a screech out of me that scared the pants off DD and also made the dog start barking once she stopped sneezing. Then we just laughed. Clearly I do not handle that type of thing well! Blizzards and ice storms I'm prepared for, tornadoes I am not.

OM I'm with you. I avoid drama. It's just not good and not healthy. I like my simple life

SD great job on staying offline! I go in spurts where I'm on a lot, then I'm not so I'm inconsistent.

Pinetree that is great news about you being allowed to do some exercises!! Yay!! And yay for good results. When do you see the cardio again? July was it? Glad your DB made it home safely.

ILC I wish you lived near me because I'd have you come here and zip that mower around and get our lawn in shape. It needs help right now!

Ayanka glad you're feeling better but like the others said, don't push it too hard and have a setback.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today. The freezer was better than I thought, so I finished it today. Went to the dollar tree today and bought 4 new soup bowls. My old ones were poorly designed and these new ones have nice high sides without a lot of slope, so not as much sloshing over. Those are in the dishwasher and the old ones are in the give away box. I also got myself a new box of colored pencils, since I got an adult coloring book and couldn't find my colored pencils to play in it. It's such a neat book! Such detailed designs!

Tomorrow:

1. Go to Lowes and pick up a couple of plants to replace the lettuce and peas. Hubby wants jalapenos.
    2. Plant a couple of the black raspberries in the raspberry bed(there's lots of room). Maybe I'll get my own.
    3. Weed the garden beds. They're not awful, but I don't want them to get too bad.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr - yikes, please call the doctor tomorrow. Maybe they can fit you in?

Jen - Where did you get an adult coloring book? I would love one of those.

Here is what the fence looks like with the coroplast from my back porch. 2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0761.jpg
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

rabbit-love that back deck/porch.
    Hikr-we had 1 touch down at the expressway a mile up and 1 over from us and at a trailer park about 5 miles off in years past. I can't imagine what a mess it would be w/ all the mature old forest trees we live in.

I have accomplished throwing a load in the washer today and I picked up Thai. food. Going to bed and hopefully be perkier tomorrow.