2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 91
Page 91 of 271 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, Rabbit, your grass is greener than mine! J/K, I actually love your siggy. Your back yard is really pretty. Your porch looks so inviting, too.

Got the box cut in two and it will be perfect to make cardboard trays. Now I need at least four more just like it. Hope we can spot some more at the store that one came from. So it looks like I'll need two shelves in that cabinet, and a backer.

We were out on the HydroBikes tonight and a boatload of tourists came by. There are tourists, and then there are people who should never be let out of their own hometowns because they don't know how to act right when they're confronted with anything unfamiliar. It was impossible to miss them whipping out their damn cameras and taking pics of us like we were a zoo exhibit. I would add that to the mental file I keep called "How NOT to Be A Tourist" to remind myself not to act like an ass when I'm the tourist, but I don't need a reminder about taking pics of people without asking permission first. I guess rudeness and ignorance are everywhere, even in the middle of a fairly large body of water. At least they weren't close enough to touch me. I really hate that from strangers.

The lake was really rough tonight and about the time we got to the little island we like to cruise around, dark clouds were rolling in and we started to think heading back to the dock was a most excellent idea. We were halfway back up the driveway when the rain started, and barely in the house when it started pouring. Good timing! So it was a short ride but we had a good workout between fighting the waves and the wind and trying to hurry to beat the rain. I added another 2,500 steps to my daily total, so it was worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grins, sadly last week I had to work 48 hours, and normally all nights. Thankfully, my bosses changed half of my shifts, so things were more feasable for me. The 20 hours I have to work this week are a luxury.

I did my chores for yesterday and made a big batch of tortilla/burrito filling. This means I have 2 portions for just defrosting in the fridge and ready to go, always handy and especially with the move coming. If that actually happens and the sellers don't cause more problems.

For today I am going to have a drink with a friend in the afternoon, so I ll have to plan my chores around it. My to do list for today:

1. Do the dishes.
    2. Clean up the living room.
    3. Find all of the paper work for filling in my tax papers (and if I have time actually fill them in, but its ok to do that over the weekend if necessary).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    lots to do today.

Fw glad u are safe hugs

Rabbit pretty yard and cuthe doggie.

A...... nights suck so bad gets your sleep system out of whack. ..glad u feel better enjoy your drink with friend

SD u are doing so good on your walking. .. cottage cheese I love it.. did not realize it had that much salt. Have fun with your diet buddy... good luck on the unplugging.... I am bad.?.

ILC the heat is awful it actually cooler outside than in my house.

Hi kroo, hope the tmi gets better hugs

Jen I lover adult coloring g books too and I hate weeding hubs always d o es it for me. But not often enough...
    Hugs pinetree

Nothing done yesterday

Paige loves her glider, she can put her feet up they are swelling. . We roasted marshmallows last night. ... I ate a sensible dinner. My problem is the pain in my knees and thigh from walking..it deters me. Going to look up sit and fit.. this is just too much weight on my little body.. I am only 5 foot and weigh 250... I want to get down to 199.. buying scale this weekend. Paige took mine. To her house.
    To day
    my daily list unload the dishwasher, straighten up sectional, Cat litter, sweep and mop, make bed
    1 load of laundry.
    clean bathroom

Personal increase water and Bible time....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got 2 ceiling fans give to me today thank God it is so hot I here. Hopefully put on up in our bedroom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, so glad you got ceiling fans! They do help. I'm sorry about Paige's feet. Mine swelled during my first pregnancy and I ended up wearing men's black flip-flops for the last 3 months because that's all that fit me! But it was worth it when my son was born. With my pregnancy with DD I had no problem at all with feet.

Ayanka, keep us informed about the house. Hope it all goes smoothly from here on.

fw, those tornadoes were close. Scary! Glad y'all are all right.

Jen, adult coloring books are new to me. I read the other day that there is going to be a Game of Thrones adult coloring book soon. I don't watch it, but DD and her boyfriend do, so I gave the article to the boyfriend.

hikr00, please get your jaw problem checked. Sorry it is bothering you.

RABBIT, your backyard/porch area is so pretty.

SD, weren't you embarrassed for those tacky tourists! Years ago I spent a few weeks going through Europe and we tried so hard not to be tacky Americans. We saw some fellow countrymen who embarrassed us horribly by their behavior and attitudes. Inexcusable.

pinetree, have a fantastic day!!

Niko, you okay?

For Wednesday:

1) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    2) Mop!
    3) Scrub tubs
    4) Go through this week's grocery ads
    5) Organize one shelf of pantry
    6) Make a good dessert

Have a good Wednesday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello!!

ilc, Thanks you, you do the same, heres to one fantastic day!

OM, hugs back to ya, yea,, to the ceiling fans!! Open those windows at night, see if you can cool it off, maybe your DB wont notice?! Joyce has a website you can watch her stuff on, try the sit and be fit, feels good just to stretch things out.

RABBIT, What a cute little puppy!! Looks like that mower really does the job! Your new patio looks great!! I love the railing around it!! WTG!

FW, stay safe, those storms are getting too close to all of us, we have severe ones moving in tomorrow, again,, so glad things missed you

Hikroo, I think I would see the DR. too, I hear that is really painfull

Ayanka, Boy you sure work some awful hours, changing them all the time has got to be exhausting! Heres crossing my fingers you get to move into your house soon

Jen, I have never heard of an adult coloring book either, that is something I was never good at my Grandma taught me that I dont need to stay in the lines.... enough said.

Niko, hugs

SD, I can see why those people are taking pictures and bugging you, they want to ride them too!! Those are SO cool, everyone wants to see them! Take it as a compliment sp, they think you are the coolest riding those!! Look at all of us going nuts over them!!
    Good Luck with all the new things you are trying, I cant keep up with alll the things you are doing, you must have all kinds of energy

Hope I didnt forget anyone... sorry If I did,

We got the papers all signed and off to the bank, glad thats over, maybe now I can get a snowball working on these bills.. I am keeping my fingers crossed

I am finding all kinds of fruit on sale this week, so am thinking about doing 24 quarts of fruit cocktail. I am just not sure if I can do all that, plus all the chicken coming Friday We are getting South Carolina peaches in like crazy, we will have no fruit at all this year, looks like we lost a peach tree, they are saying to leave them alone until fall, they still might come back.

I cannot get myself together today, its almost noon, I just ate breakfast, forgot to do my blood test then forgot to take my pills, sitting here in my jammies. ugh

DS went fishing this morning after work and caught me some crappie, yes, fish for dinner! I love fish, and dont get to have it that much. The kids are taking DH fishing Fri, to a big lake, trying for walleye and trout. I would love to have a stuffed trout on ther bbq,, yum

Gotta go help with a job,

list
    work
    exercise
    grocery list

fish for dinner

Have a super duper day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope everyone is having a productive day, and those who aren't feeling well start feeling better.

ILC, I wasn't embarrassed for them. I just wanted to give them the one-finger salute, but that wouldn't have been "Minnesota nice" so I just ignored them. I was kinda busy playing bronc buster and channeling Chris Ledoux so I didn't get tossed off my bike anyway.

My eye doc was full of good news. He said the fancy shmancy implant corrected my astigmatism by 75%. The goal is 100% and he said it might still become that good in a couple more weeks, so I'm hopeful. At the least, I know my sight can now be corrected to a clarity I haven't had in years with a minimal prescription, so that's something. I couldn't believe how clear the little eye chart was. I could read the last line without even trying! He said the eye has pretty much healed completely, no infection, the pressure is good, everything looks great. I can't wait to get the next one done. Six more days! It'll be at least the end of July before I can get new glasses, if I need them and I think I will at least for reading. It's going to be a long few weeks while I get by with blurry vision and glasses that don't work for me anymore.

I asked if I could get Oakley sunglasses without corrective lenses. ROFL! Oh, yeah, I can! The pair I liked was $140! So that won't be happening. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a pair at a garage sale for $2 again someday. Till then, it's Dollar Tree or GW for me. If I pay $1 for them and they get broken or scratched I don't have to care.

I picked up a cookbook I've been looking at for a while at GW, half price ($2) and also got a set of pillowcases, NIP, half price for $2, too. They're stamped for embroidery with a pretty flower design and also hemstitched so I can crochet a nice edging on them.

I had a good morning not being on the computer. Before 9 AM, I had repaired and modified the free computer desk we picked up a couple weeks ago and installed that in the new cabinet I'll be using for a potting cabinet. I hate particle board but it's good enough to hold up some empty flower pots, and since the project was half done and free and needed minimal work, it's good enough for who it's for. I also got the hinges off that are full of broken glass from the missing door on that cabinet, but couldn't get the other door off. The drill driver was at the wrong angle, and I didn't have a screwdriver. Once that door is off and I find another set of shelf supports, that project will be all done. Easy! I'm happy how it turned out and how little effort and time it took to get it ready to be put to work.

When I got home I cut three pieces of some stuff I found in the garage to use as a backer for the craft cabinet. I also scared up two helves we saved from our old kitchen island and will cut those down to fit the craft cabinet. Again, particle board but good enough for who it's for.

So even if I do nothing else today, I'm happy with my ta-dones! I want all these big cabinets put in place and put to work ASAP or else they're just more clutter and more projects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Pinetree. I don't have all that much energy, although the more weight I lose the better I feel, of course. I lose patience fast with rude people. And I do realize I don't have any expectation of privacy out on a public waterway, which is why I ignored them instead of being rude myself. But jeez, they practically ran us over with their pontoon, don't you think they could have at least greeted us or even just waved and ,maybe asked if it was okay to take pics?

You're doing so great! Just be careful. Can some of your kids help with preserving the fruit?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I had no idea you were into Chris, not many people even know of him! My sister was in school with him when we lived in Cheyenne, 100 years ago, hes one of my favorites, thats where I get cotton candy clouds from!! I got to see one of his last concerts in Cheyenne before he died..DH use to watch him ride the bronks 200 years ago!

Going to lay down SD wore me out!! lo

geeze you keep posting before me! No, people are just nuts when they get on water! If they can knock or run someone over they will.

Congrats on your eyes!! Thats wonderful news!!
    And You are Welcome!
    Last edited by pinetree; 06-24-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 of 3 done, though my paperwork was easier to find than I thought. My living room looks quite acceptable and the kitchen part is actually cleaner than it has been in months. Sadly my friend had to cancel due to slow working people working for the gov (seems familiar doesn't it?), so that drink is replanned to next week. No chore list for tomorrow, working 10 hours is enough planned for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't say I'm really into Chris but I like his music. And it's required to listen to at least one of his CDs while driving through Wyoming! He was in the CD player when I picked up the truck from Husby's work today. He had a great voice. Chris, not Husby.

Tourists are nuts wherever they are. I think a lot of times people go on vacation and once they relax, they just don't have a brain in their heads. Of course not all of them are a pain. Most of them are nice people and as thoughtful here as they are at home, so I shouldn't lump them all together as idiots.

I just woke up from a nap. I wore myself out! LOL

My Prevent coach just sent me a PM with a plan to decrease my computer time by four hours per day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 today. It was a bad pain day. I didn't even get my dailies done! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Rabbit, I bought my adult comic books on Amazon with my Swagbucks points. They have hundreds of them, but I bought two of the lower cost ones. Some of them are as much as $20...for a coloring book! I really just wanted something to play with in the evening. I also like that it won't matter if I make a mistake, since it's just for fun.

Tomorrow:

1. Get the weeding done.
    2. Catch up on my dailies.
    3. Start organizing the things I need for canning. I have a lot of stuff ready to be canned.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen - thanks, I too was thinking that they would be fun in the evening for something to do in the winter. Never heard of them before.

Ayanka - sorry to hear that your friend had to cancel, I'm sure you could have used that drink with all that your going through.

pinetree - your retired, your entitled to sometimes spend the day in your jammies!

SD - that would bug the heck out of me if people were taking pictures of me. I hate pictures of me! How rude. You'd think they would talk to you first about the bikes and then ask if they could take a picture. I had to laugh, I didn't get your comment about the grass at first (I'm a little slow) I even checked JKuhns (J/K) siggy to see what it was! Ha, ha!!

om - you're going to love the ceiling fans! We have them in every room, were here when we bought the house and they are really nice to get the air moving.

Worked today and then did some errands while in town. Came home and cut the back lawn, watered all the planters/veggies, did two loads of wash, one on line one in dryer and made dinner. Done for the night. Oops, not done yet, have to take the clothes off the line.

Thursday
    1 - clean dogs ears
    2 - clean up basement
    3 - pay bills
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-so sorry. But I just wanted a photo of you JK!!! Glad your eyes are so improved.
    My eyes have always been good until the diabetes 2 yrs. ago. DH comes come and tells me he is at the Oakley store at some mall and everyone for the company gets a discount,do I want anything. I'm like,have you entered the store yet-you best not buy anything there!

So hello to everyone else. I can't focus on specifics too tired
    I stayed up until 3:30 this morning because DD was off and I knew I could sleep in. WRONG!!! Dh gets me up to take him to the hospital an hour away because he's in terrible back pain. IT's 7:30 and I'm not awake. I'm asking can't we call an ambulance-NO! $600. So we get stuck in rush hour. Finally get there and a few hours later,a cat scan,CT, and some happy drugs to go w/ a blood test and urinalysis. He had a super teeny non infected kidney stone. Luckily no surgery.
    So $200. co-pay for the hosp.,$20. in gas at least,$12. in happy meds to go,and a missed days pay-he is doing much better. He has to drink 12 glasses of water today. We got home at about 12:30 and we both slept. Apparently,we were independently worrying about the drug test for his new job. The guy at the pharmacy said just bring the bottles. Hopefully, this will pass quickly-pun intended. What a day.NO list items done. I told him his air conditioning repair on the car might have to wait.So glad it wasn't so much worse.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate pics of me, too. But I think it's probably illegal to rip a guy's nine mega-ton camera out of his hands and toss it into fifty feet of water. Besides, I couldn't reach him. Seriously, I could not see the guy's face because of the lens in front of it. He could have taken my picture from Mars with that thing. There were two or three others taking pics on that boat, too.

We had a great evening today to make up for it though. The water was barely rippling with a slight breeze, so it was a relaxing pedal. We went probably a mile, two miles round trip, and were out an hour so this was our longest ride so far. There wasn't any boat traffic to speak of and the few boats out were far away so we didn't even get much wake from them. We saw five adults loons and two babies. We didn't try to get too close to the little family of four so they'd get upset. We saw them from a couple hundred feet away at least. They were quite a ways from each other and the one without the babies near it started to call to the other one and quickly swam over to its partner. Then it herded the babies in between them and started to swim away. Such a cute little family. Wish we'd have had binoculars and a nine mega-ton camera. We saw a duck fly by right at eye level, not far from us, quacking as it went by. Love the wildlife here.

We found the big honkin' PVC pipe the FD put out into the lake to supply the hydrant. It creeped me out. I don't know why underwater things freak me. I grew up swimming in lakes all the time and it never bothered me.

The cabinet for our gardening stuff is pretty much finished. I got the door off and the shelves all installed and all the broken glass cleaned up. It's really grimy and I'm debating if I need to clean it or not. It's just going to get dirty again with pots in it. I might put curtains in the bottom section someday just to make it look less cluttered, even though it's in an entry which is just a pass-through room into the cabin. The top has a tambour door. The bottom section is really two sections and it looks like both sections had glass doors. The right side was already gone. I wonder how they managed to damage three of the four glass doors or if the right hand doors were simply removed. Weird. We won't mind not having any doors. I'm glad to have that done. Two to go.