2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 92
Page 92 of 271 FirstFirst ... 428289909192939495102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-I have 6 ceiling fans in the house. I get the 4-5 light ones whenever possible and I love them. W/ the exception of cleaning. I hate it when they grow fur. It will really circulate the air.

Had a nap and I felt better. Dh is going to work tomorrow,we aren't on salary anymore (his insistence). I realized I need a cell phone when I was in the hosp. He was down in CT and I had a time finding out how to call DD on his. I think it's been 1 1/2 yrs. now w/o a phone.

Ditto on the pictures.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, hope you feel better today.

pinetree, did you get fish for supper?

Getting an early start today.

For Thursday:

1) Lunch with a friend
    2) Revise menus for the weekend
    3) Work in pantry
    4) Scrub tubs (didn't get to that yesterday)
    5) Help DH with project as needed

Have a good day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning and happy Thursday! I did call the doctor yesterday morning and they got me in for an appt yesterday afternoon. He feels it's TMJ. He's very conservative in his treatments and after ascertaining that while I do have insurance it carries a high deductible so he opted for me to start with a prescription anti inflammatory, twice a day for two weeks and minimal chewing. He said often it's a transient thing and by knocking the inflammation down that might be all I need. If in two weeks all is well then I'm done. If however the problem persists he said we'd have to proceed with xray, dental eval and possibly PT to fix the issue. I'm good with starting small and doing the cheaper of the options so here's hoping this takes care of it.

The soft foods thing is tough. Yesterday I finished out my day with 750 calories. That is NOT enough. I need at have 1450 calories to lose weight. Once or twice having a low calorie day is fine but my body has shown me again and again that when I dip below 1450 I either stay the same or I have a gain. Of course too many calories over that and I'll gain too! Also with watching my sodium a lot of the easy prepared foods are out because they are so high in sodium. So I'm combing my cupboards and my brain to see what I can have. Scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese (sparingly because cheese has a lot of sodium), oatmeal, ice cream, pudding. I don't like soup but I may have to see if I can find a low sodium recipe for some soup that I can eat. I like stews but usually when I make those there's meat and potatoes in there. The potato would be OK as it would be soft but the meat is out. Gravy though tends to be high sodium and stews always have gravy in my world. hahaha. I love gravy. Anyway, I started the med last night and actually slept pretty well. It really did help the pain. It was more sensitive last night vs actual pain so that was good.

Today the kiddos are coming. The 4 year old wants to go swimming and bake. So we will do those things. I have stuff for cake or cookies and I think I have stuff for brownies. I'll let her pick. So it will be a busy and good day. If I have any time left I need to get that planting done! Between the weather and yesterday with the doc appt for me and eye appt for DH, two trips to the pharmacy and the grocery store and working inside the house I haven't had a chance to get to that. We did find some lupine seeds at the local nursery though and that made us happy. We just love them. So we'll put those down when we plant the other wildflowers. I did get the pool vacuumed too.

Jen I hope you feel better. DH loves jalapenos and I saw you were planting some. I wonder if they'd grow well here. He'd love that.

Rabbit the fence and Coroplast looks great. Sweet dog too

SD sorry about the tourists. We get them here too. I'm glad they come because I know it's good for our state economy and a lot of businesses depend on them BUT they sure can be annoying and clueless. Sounds like you got home just in time to beat the major rainfall. How cool you got to see the loons and their babies. I love the loons. You're making great progress on your cabinets. And sounds like the eyes are doing great!

Ayanka when are you moving? I hope it all goes smoothly.

OM Yay for gifted ceiling fans! Those things rock! I hear you on the weight. I've lost 46.8 but still have 49 to go. We can do it together! I hope Paige's swelling goes down. Putting her feet up is a good idea. I loved my glider too. That was amazing.

Pinetree glad you got the papers all signed. Yay! DH loves fruit and he'd love fruit cocktail. I bought grapes yesterday for him and strawberries. We were at Sam's Club a couple of days ago and he also bought a bag of apples and a watermelon. Get eating DH! LOL

Well time to get moving here. Hope you all have a great day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone
    everything done yesterday but sweep and mop

ILC hugs u are a busy little bee

Pinetree love finding fruit on sale love finding good peaches.. love stuffed trout hope u catch some.

SD take pics. When. My mommy died the was like 5 or 6 for her whole life she was 72.. made me sad.. now I just smile even if I look like crap. . Tourism is the #1 industry here don't understand it.. not much here... hope your eyes become 100%...

A yank a that is a long shift hugs.... u work hard crany shifts..

Jen good use of swag points

Hikroo I am cutting back portions. Retraining my brain. My shorts are looser. . I need to buy a scale Paige took mine when she moved.....enjoy grands...

Fw poor hubby hope he gets better soon..

Rabbit can't waitb t o get them up.

Today's chores
    sweep and mop
    1 load of laundry
    inventory freezer

Supper chicken rice caserole...
    Personal facial and mani and pedi... Bible time. ..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, how did I miss your post last night? Scary stuff. I hope your husband is better now. I guess he is if he's going back to work.

I'm so tired and I don't know why. It's been this way since surgery. Can eye drops make a person tired? I dunno. Doesn't matter, I have to take them and I'll be tired, so that's how it is. I sat down as soon as I got up this AM so only have 325 steps so far today. But we're doing errands later and that'll net me a bunch. My Prevent coach said I only need to average 5,000 a day and I usually have around 6,000 most days lately. So I might take the day off from my walking and biking today and just try to get the energy to do some dishes and some cooking. I need to clean veggies and make salads at the least. I hope I have more energy tomorrow. I need to make dog food again.

The plan was not to replace our big flat screen till the analog TV dies, but I made the mistake of noticing the TVs in the ad of our local Shopko store. They have a 50" for $400 this week. I mentioned it to Husby and he's all happy, so we'll probably get one. We can afford it since we're not traveling much this year, so I guess it's not a big deal, and it would be nice to have one again. He said we'd be able to get internet with it too, via Dish, and we're sure sick of the unreliable, high-speed (yeah, right) internet that doesn't work half the time through our phone company.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My vision seems a little clearer today. Maybe the magic implant is going to do its thing all the way after all. I sure hope so. I can see individual trees now across the lake instead of a long green blur, and that's at least a mile. It's been years since that happened. The TV across the room now is a lot clearer, too. Again, years. If Husby decides to buy the new HDTV (TVs are his thing so I'm staying out of this decision because I don't care either way) the picture will be so sharp I'll hardly know what to do with myself.

I still don't have any energy but I did spend some quality time with the upright freezer. It appears we're overstocked on steak, a good problem to have, and have plenty of chicken, ground turkey, and assorted turkey and chicken sausage. I'm afraid to look in the big bottom drawer. I know it's full of beef too, and I'm hoping there's some pork in there, too. I found a big bag of meatballs that need to be used up so will have to do something with those. Found some cake Husby can eat. Put most of the overstocked granola cereal into a freezer basket so it won't fall out the door all the time, and ditto for the yogurt cups. Still have two fatties that need to be cooked. Maybe we can take one and cook it on The Pig at Mom's house over the Fourth weekend. The freezer is getting to the point now that maybe I can defrost it soon, which it needs badly. Once I make dog food and use up a bunch of stuff out of there, then maybe I can get it better organized and free up a whole shelf for short-term food storage like the dog food, and my WW OAMC stuff and Husby's lunches, stuff that usually turns over quickly. That'll help us both out. It's been impossible to find stuff in there and it's not being rotated like it should be, so things are getting too frosty and burnt. Can't have that, since I'm not willing to waste meats, especially. I get so mad at myself for letting stuff like that happen. I don't save any money if I end up throwing food away because we're not eating it in a timely manner. When that happens, then we've bought out of greed and not need. I'm also being hurt by not having OAMC WW stuff made up, and Husby needs good lunches instead of salty icky canned soup for lunch. I see now the only WW lunch in there is a single salisbury steak, and the only lunch for him is a lonely bowl of lasagna.

I don't have space in the kitchen cabinets for all the Corningware single casseroles or the T-ware Square Rounds now, with no freezer meals made up. Another problem getting the freezer in order will solve.

It's always interesting to me to see how one thing has an impact on other things, often in ways I don't really think about and connect.

At any rate, all this to say I'm really happy to finally be seeing some open space in the big freezer. I'm finding a bit more space in the side by side freezer, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-no harm/no foul I sorta tucked it in there. I would guess the anesthetic is still in your system and will flush out soon. Plus stress. Just the uncertainty of surgery will make you tired.PLUS it doesn't sound like you rested much. lol

Got dishes backed up fro yesterday. and vaccumning. In between bugging DH about eating and meds. Yes,he stayed home (kinda knew he would). I sent him back to bed w/ some more meds. They just zonk him.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone,

Jen, ugh, I was hoping you would be feeling great for awhile, I hope you feel alot better today!

Ayanka, too bad we all didn't live close to each other, we could all meet for a drink!! I think all of us could use one.. Take Care..

RABBIT, Thanks for reminding me I'm retired! I forgot. Now if I could just get paid, I dont get a check until the middle of Aug!

FW, OMG, Hope your DH feels better soon, wow, that has got to hurt!, How about a jitterbug phone from aarp? I hear they are cheap?

SD, I sure love hearing about your bike rides, I can picture the whole thing, Thanks! Hope you are feeling better too. and yes eye drops are absorbed. You have been doing so much, maybe you are just tired?

Hikr00, Mrs Dash, they have stew mixes, gravies, check them out! Make a meatless stew, or add beans for protein, noodles, spagetti, try SD's lasagna
    What is lupine? Will have to look it up. Hope you feel better too!

OM, do you have a sprouts around you? They have deals all the time. Apples are .39lb, going to buy some for applesauce.
    Hope you get your fans up soon.

ilc, Yes, I had crappie for dinner, cooked it in my butter and lime juice, oh my was it good, I ate it all!! Plus hardly no calories and No salt!!
    Hope you had a good time at lunch! BBQ?
    Thanks for being so positive, it warms my heart. Everyday seems to be such a surprise anymore!

Niko, HI

The family is getting ready for fishing tomorrow, I am not going, I have been so dizzy lately, that I don't know if I can handle the boat, I dont want to rain on their parade! Hopefully they can bring home some walleye, trout, crappie,, oh yum!!
    We have 3 boxes of chicken coming, I will work on getting it ready for the freezer while they are gone. The kids are smoking 30 lbs and cutting it up for lunch meat, oh does that sound good. Now I can have a chicken sandwich!

We have another day of storms today, had tornados out by the airport yesterday, but thats along way from me. Everyone stay safe.

I need to get busy, I am still in my jams, this is getting to be a habit!!

Have a wonderful Day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope he's better today, FW. It's always worrisome to have a sick family member, especially if it's required a trip to the ER.

I think the only med they gave me was a mild dose of Versed. The nurse anesthetist kept emphasizing the small dose over and over. It's not enough to knock a person out because they have to have people awake enough to respond to directions to look at certain spot or whatever. I didn't feel stressed about the surgery but my BP that day was sky high. I won't be as stressed next week, I hope, now that I know how dang easy that surgery is. It's also painless for which I'm eternally grateful.

I never get a good night's sleep and won't till Sugar dies, which we'll put off as long as possible of course. She usually gets me up around three but sometimes around one, and lately has started wanting out at about 4:30, too. I often lay awake waiting for her to need to go out, too. So I'm chronically sleep-deprived. I've been sleeping till 8 every morning lately but that's wintertime hours for me, so I hope once I'm completely through the surgery and recovery I'll be up earlier again.

Hahaha! Perfect timing strikes again! I need a certain size cardboard box to make trays to fit in the new craft cabinet, so I called Husby at work yesterday to see if he could locate that particular box at the store on his way home. Sure enough, he found two. I just looked at the ad that started yesterday and the item that comes in that kind of box is on sale this week. Hopefully we'll be lucky and get a couple more boxes. They're a perfect fit for that space, and I do mean perfect. All I have to do is cut them in half. Lucky me! We've sure been hitting things just right lately. Wish that could happen all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hahaha! Pinetree, you did it again! We're always posting over each other!

It sounds like you're doing well. I hope the dizziness goes away. Again, be careful not to overdo it.

I have been doing more than usual due to my Skills module, which means I don't sit around as much. It'll take some time to adjust to being more active but it can only do me good. And my house, too.

Thanks, about your opinion of my bike ride descriptions. I've always felt narrative was one of my best strengths as a writer.

Lupine is a wildflower, at least here. It grows in sunny areas on the edges of the woods, so it's often along the roads. There was just tons of it blooming on the way to Cook last weekend, and it's one reason I wanted to make the drive again on Sunday when Husby brought it up. It's still woodsy there, but more open than here, and there were really large patches of it on the way over there, plus large meadows with daisies and some kind of rusty-orange colored flowers. It was all just beautiful. One particular spot had thousands of lupine, all colors, and it was mixed in with the Ely greenstone that's so common here. It was like a cliff about ten feet high where they blasted through the rock to build the road, so we had lupine not only on our own level as we drove, but growing in niches up the face of the rock and then huge areas of it on top the rock, too. That whole area was just so pretty. We don't always have the right conditions to get so many wildflowers all at once like that here, so that alone was worth the price of gas to see such beautiful sights. Here's a pic, though not my pic. It could have been though. Imagine a couple miles at a stretch of flowers that dense, and with all those colors, and that's what we were seeing last weekend. Just gorgeous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG is that beautiful!! I have got to see if I can find some!! I cannot even imagine miles of that, what an experience!!

I could plant that with and under my pine trees, how pretty that would be!

Thanks about the dizzy stuff, but I think I am stuck with it, they have me on half doses of two different blood pressure medicines to help my heart out, I can't do a lower dose, and I dont think they will let me stop them, Funny cause I have low blood pressure to begin with! ugh, will find out july13.

I always love to hear about peoples adventures, specially since I dont get out anymore. It soothes the soul!

You are Welcome, keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can buy lupine seeds at garden centers, at least here. I don't think you can buy them as plants. I think I read somewhere they have a tap root so probably can't be transplanted. They won't grow under trees, but the instructions on the package will tell you where they can grow. They are perennials so once you get them going, they don't need any work. They also spread each year. BTW, it's pronounced LOO-pin, in case you didn't know. Here's some more info: Lupine Flowers: Tips For Growing Lupines

Too bad about the dizziness. I hate that. Husby and I both get that if we're working outside and it's too hot. It's from our BP meds. Then we have to sit down till it passes. Another reason we wouldn't want to live where it's hot all the time. We would never get anything done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks SD for posting the lupine pic! Aren't they beautiful? They are all along the roadsides here. We have a couple at the end of our driveway. They just grow wild around here but you can get the seeds as SD said and start from scratch. They self sow also so once you plant them they take it from there. We bought four packets of seed so hopefully we get a good bunch growing and they will multiply from there. I've never seen them sold as plants either. A friend of mine tried transplanting one and it did take although I don't know how she did it but it came up this year much to everyone's surprise. We debated moving the ones at the end of the drive down to where we are putting the other wildflowers but I do NOT have a gift with flowers so we opted to leave them out there and just rely on seed. As bad as I am with plants even I can toss a seed on the ground!

Pinetree I hope the dizziness moves along. Does it seem to be associated with movements? A lot of times BP will drop with positional changes so I wondered if that was it. Or it could be the heat like SD said. I know for me also getting dehydrated will bring on a wave of dizziness. It's funny you mention Mrs. Dash because I do have some of that kicking around. It got pushed behind stuff but I do have some. I picked up some Bells seasoning (also salt free) to try and make some stuffing for the next time we have chicken.

FW I got the dishwasher unloaded only to load it again. I made cupcakes with the four year old and then of course had lunch and she had a snack somewhere in there as well so hello dishes!

SD I'm like that with the freezer. Things get shoved to the back and I forget about them. We've been eating out of it with the impending move because we don't want to have to haul a full freezer over there and while it's gone really well and we're getting down to the nitty gritty I am shocked at some of the stuff I hauled out of there. A package of stew meat marked "best if used by 11/2010". 2010!!! Nearly five years ago!! Holy cow! So I took another package of frozen stew meat that was much newer and combined it with the ancient one and made the stew. I figured if I mixed the two meats then if the ancient one had some freezer burn it would be OK. It was. I made sure NOT to tell DH though before he ate it. LOL! He ate it and I asked if it was OK and he said yes and went back for more. I can't believe I hadn't found it before then.

The kids just left a few minutes ago and peace reigns once again over the house We had a great time playing in the pool, the house and baking cupcakes but the oldest was so tired by the time I think she'll sleep good tonight. She was so tired we skipped frosting and decorating the cupcakes with sprinkles so they headed straight home. I froze the cupcakes and we'll do that the next time.

Otherwise I've done nothing else but play with kids and cook meals. LOL! It's all good though. Fun day!

We spent about an hour in the pool too. Such a great day! We had such a good time. I put in this little fountain thing I bought at Christmas from Amazon and she had fun swimming around that trying to dodge the water. So cute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have some patches of lupines growing around here, but not like that stretch between Tower and Cook, on a long stretch about 30 miles from here. I think it's just that they have a bit more open space than we do. The forest is very dense up here, and even a little bit farther south there seem to be more meadows and even a farm field here and there.

We've had more wild roses than usual this year, too. We must be getting just the right mix of sun and rain.

Pinetree, thanks for your enthusiasm about the pic I posted. Sometimes we don't notice or appreciate what's right in front of us because it's so ordinary to us. But then when someone sees it with fresh eyes, it helps me appreciate where I live and the beauty around us every day all over again. We really do love it here.

Hikr, usually I do okay with keeping on top of the stuff in our freezer. Don't know what happened this time. But I have to admit you had me ROFL!
    A package of stew meat...Holy cow!
    My mind works in mysterious ways, I know.

Sounds like a good time with the kidlets.

Husby will be home soon. Wonder if he's decided about the TV yet. He went to the store over lunch to get the model number since it wasn't in the ad, but I haven't been able to find too much info about it. Not sure if that's bad or good. He did say the floor model has a really nice, sharp picture but then anything would after the old one we're using now. I suspect the fate of that $400 is sealed though. Husby loves him a good TV.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talk about losing a brain, I forgot my list again!!

clean out fridge, done
    clean bathroom, done
    load dishwasher from all the junk that was in the fridge, done

Well, the storms have started, hope it misses me again.

I tried to do a low areobic, (sp), walk video, lol,, I could not even make it 5 min!! Boy have I got some work to do!! Plus as hanging onto the table. ugh 30-60 min walkiing is aways off.

The Dr. took my blood pressure laying down, then standing up, when I stood up it dropped like a rock.. Its real hard to lay down and get up in the morning, I am so dizzy it takes awhile to do either. But thanks for the concern

I am a real nature person, it thrills me to see beautiful flowers or water, animals, waterfalls, birds, sunsets, sunrise, they are new to me every time I see them, I am glad I can see the beauty in thing. One good thing I can say! Its crazy around here when my flowers and trees bloom, I always have to go smell and I am always amazed how beautful they are. This is why I love when you guys post pictures! I really love them!

Thanks for the info, I am going to see if I can find them!