2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 93
Page 93 of 271 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 again. Another bad pain day. I'm hoping it gets better tomorrow, but I'm not going to make a list. I'll just carry over from today. My SIL stopped by today with 2 quarts of sour cherries from the lady at the farm...she wants me to make her some jelly. She asks every year, and always with different fruits. It's probably enough for about 6 to 8 jelly jars, so it's a small batch and I don't mind doing it for her. She always compensates me well with fresh produce and she pays for the sugar and jars I use.

FW, I hope your Hubby is feeling better soon. My hubby had kidney stones and we went through he&& before he finally agreed to the surgery.

SD, my MIL had cataract surgery and the eyedrops really affected her, so it could be that. Take it easy and don't try too much.

Pinetree, hopefully your meds will equalize. My BP meds sometimes make me dizzy, too.

If I missed anything, I'm sorry...my brain is kind of off right now. Hugs to everybody!

Have a fabulous day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 for 3
    person got mani and Bible time..no pedi or facial... Orey hurt himself scraped his back. Cleaned it out with soap water..
    Got my ceilings plus there was a light fixture for the kitchen.. nothing but bare bulb. So that will brighten it up some

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we love nature, too. Husby always has to tell me when he sees a wolf or a deer with a tiny brand new fawn or whatever on his way to work, and we'll sit and watch our squirrels and chipmunks and birds at the feeders. Husby can't stand it if they run out of food and has to jump up and go feed them. He can't stand seeing the deer in the spring even if they have wild food, and has to make sure they have corn, too.

Jen, I'm so sorry you're having a bad run of pain.

We bought the TV. Now if we can just get it to work. For some reason it's not finding any channels. Definitely NOT plug 'n' play but I guess we get what we pay for. And of course the owners manual is worthless as they always are. Frustrating.

My balance has been a little bit off since the surgery, too. It was really bad for a couple days and I thought it was just because of not being able to use my left eye, but it's still bad especially at night. I don't know what that's about, and I don't know if it's due to that inner ear thing I had last winter, either, because I've had some mild dizziness since that episode, too. I'm sure I'll survive it. But it's another reason I'll be glad when this is all done including the drops and all the other post-op after-effects. Thanks for the info about your MIL.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah we are nature and wildlife crazy. I was laughing watching a tiny red squirrel book it across the power lines. Those flowers are so pretty but I don't think we have them around here. I was just thinking how much of the wild flowers I don't see like I did when I was a child. Indian paintbrush for miles and those cornflower blue weeds and the yellow stalk ones. Or even in our own lawn. One year we were almost all violets.

SD-so you are having surgery on the other eye next week?
    PineTree-thought you wrote a crappy dinner then I realized you said Crappie for dinner.

Got the dishwasher emptied,loaded and emptied again and ran a wash load.
    DH was sleeping so I went to Kmart and got him jeans, 2 black chinos and 1 tan.
    I also found a cute pair or Khaki cargo pants. I had to go back 2x because Dh is a hard fit. We were laughing because it's like fitting pants on a rhino. He is short w/ a stocky German build plus his 1 leg swells at diff. times. Also,his work tends to destroy clothes so we go inexpensive and tough. Not to mention cheap. He absolutely needs pants because he is down 1- 1 1/2 sizes and his pants are heading down while he is just standing there.

Dh is still sore and a little paranoid. He was in a whole lot of pain yesterday but things are better. But a definitely thanks for the well wishes and such.

Kinda excited. I took a chance because DH was napping and hit the S.A. kinda stir crazy? Found a Pappasan chair but like a camping version in an ocean blue canvas and a metal frame. It was 25% off making it $20. Years ago the kids each had 1 and DD esp. loved hers. Well one of the old pets destroyed it and broke her heart so I was happy to give her another one. She said its going camping w/her on the 4th when she goes w/ her Bf's family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We laugh at our little squirrels all the time. They're so cranky with each other we can never figure out how they make more little red squirrels. There's a new batch around here lately and they're just so darn cute.

Second surgery is Tuesday. I can't wait. It really went well last time so I'm even less worried than I was the first time. The staff is great, and the surgeon is very experienced and skilled. My local doc was saying yesterday he thinks she's performed at least a thousand of these surgeries just on his patients, and her eye center is regional so there are lots of other eye docs that send their patients to her, too. The surgery only takes about fifteen minutes so she can do lots of them in a day, so I'm sure she can rack up the numbers fast.

[email protected] dinner. It's actually pronounced "croppy", at least around here.

Hahaha! Speak of the wildlife devil, and two raccoons show up for supper. I keep telling Husby not to fill the feeders at night but he always feels sorry for the squirrels if the feeders are empty. The masked bandits are early tonight. Normally they show up about three AM, right after I've let Sugar out and gotten back to sleep.

Some friends of ours had those papasan chairs for camping, and one night at a rally another friend was sitting in one by the fire. Sugar decided she really wanted to sit in that chair so she just quietly went over by him and put a paw on the chair, then slowly and subtly eased herself up to sit with him. He thought that was so special! He cuddled her up and she just loved it. Nice memory.

Coons came back. Husby went out armed with the bullhorn playing some stupid ear-splitting song. Coons are probably in the next county by now. He put the food all in the trash can with the chain on it, so that should take care of them.

We got the TV figured out. Can't believe how much clearer it is even without HD. Easy to read all the lettering on TV now. I can really see how much clearer my vision is in my surgery eye now! Sucks in the non-bionic eye though. Husby keeps thanking me for spotting the TV sale. Too funny! I think he's really missed his big screen. He's also all happy about the Timberwolves draft picks, so now that the frustration of not getting the TV to work is over, he's a very happy camper. I just saw the price of the TV in the ad and that it was $300 off and then recalled how Black Friday is often not the best deal of the year and the price on this TV seemed pretty good, and I figured why not? Our fortieth anniversary is coming up soon, so that's our excuse for buying it now. Not that we need one. I just hope this TV lasts longer than the one we had before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The squirrels know better than to actually enter our yard. The Mackey always wants a "snacky". He has just been a hunting little terrorist this year.

Funny you are talking about a flat screen.I had hoped to do the family room this year and had thought of getting DH a larger flat screen. We have never had one.
    I bought 3 32" Visios over A year and a half about 4 years ago now. We just don't have any wall big enough. I was just thrilled to get rid of the hunkones at the time that we had used forever!

Gonna run around cleaning random messes today. And vaccumn the stairs and kitchen. The fur shedding is down to a minimum for now. and of course more laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone.. 3 for 3.... Personal goals mani and Bible time no facial or pedi will try this weekend..
    Not much going on today for me cleaning up after hubby. . He is putting up 2 ceiling fans and a light fixture for the kitchen.. hopefully bathing the dogs...
    Pancakes or tuna salad for supper

SD beautiful flowers, great day on tv.... it is good to have too much food especially steak... when sugar goes I hope it easy..pooh went easy..we did not have to, put her down. So that was a blessing.. great buy on the tv.

Pinetree only groceries here is food city, save a lot and wally. No angel food nothing here. That is a lot of chicken love it smoked. ..feel better have u tried sit and fit..I am going to check into it..I am so out of shape..

Jen feel better that is nice of u to mare jelly for your produce lady...

Fw hope hubby feels better and dd, loves her chair..

No wildlife here at my house, too many cats running loose. . They are getting into my garbage. ... so looking for new can. Did not see any elk last winter my neighbors house block my view...

Hugs to all have a great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! Jaw is feeling much better after a couple of doses of the anti inflammatory meds. I really hope I don't need any more treatment after the anti inflammatory meds are done.

We love wildlife here too. We've had moose in our yard once or twice but it's mostly deer we see here. I've been told moose and deer tend to not hang in the same areas so I was really shocked when I looked out and there were two moose out there. We get a lot of squirrels, red and gray. DGD loves to feed them peanuts so I get the Dollar Store peanuts and before she leaves every time we have to give her a cup of peanuts and she walks around tossing them to the squirrels. She eats half of the peanuts herself though! LOL! I'm not sure if she's more motivated by feeding the squirrels or sneaking in some peanuts for herself. haha. I'm sure we have raccoons but I haven't seen them in years.

Today DH is still working on finding sanding the family room so we can get the painting going. (well, he can get the painting going. I am the cheering squad). He's got it all taped and this morning I'll take off the switch plates and he can get going on cutting in. I"m so nervous we are going to hate the color once it's on the wall. Today is our day to eat out so we're going to go to a place that serves breakfast so I can have some soft that doesn't require a lot of chewing. We both really look forward to eating out one day a week. It's supposed to be sunny but so far it's not...I wanted to get those lupine seeds planted but we'll see. No rain at the moment so as long as it doesn't rain I can get them in. We are waiting to hear from our excavator about an estimate to do the land work around the new house that has to be done.

OM glad you're getting the ceiling fans up! You'll love those. How is Orey's back?

FW2 Mackey and the snacky made me laugh because of the rhyme (not that I like that he eats squirrels!). Our dogs have always been too lazy to chase squirrels. They just watch them run by. I love that you found a great deal on the chair for your DD. That's wonderful. I love those memories.

SD that's too cute about Sugar climbing up with your friend in the chair and snuggling. And I'm so glad your eye is coming along well and you're pumped for Tuesday's surgery. Sounds great!

Jen I hope today is a better day for you. That must be so draining. Hugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikroo glad your jaw is better.... Orey's back he c scraped it on our bed we have antibotic ointment on it..... he will be ok he is tough old dog.. thank u for asking...

I miss wildlife and flowers in my yard......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We looked at a Visio last night that was also on sale, but $125 more. It was a smart TV but we decided if we want to stream programs, we'll buy a cheap laptop that we use for that and for travel, which we think makes more sense for us. We liked the pic better on the one we bought. We're hoping we get four years out of this one. I hate that TVs are expected to die quickly and not be repaired.

The big selling point when we bought the e-center at SA earlier this year was that it fit our TV space and would take a TV up to 55". This one is a 50" and really looks nice in the space, so that's worked out nicely for us. We're really doing some nice furniture upgrades around here lately. Finally!

I don't like having so much food that I can't make the OAMC stuff we need for lack of freezer space, or so much that we can't use it in a timely manner. That causes problems on both counts which negates any savings we might have gotten. Usually I do pretty well without having to make a list of what I have because I can just mentally track it, but now it's just out of control. I hate that. But it seems to finally be working out. I've cut way back on buying any kind of meat and also quit buying most convenience foods. I've also quit buying crap like processed meats after being educated through my Prevent program about all the bad stuff in them. I knew they weren't good because of sodium but they have so much other stuff that's deadly, too. We rely on those too much and need to get to eating more whole foods. I have an obligation to do my best to keep Husby healthy as well as myself, so we can enjoy our lives to the fullest, and crap foods aren't going to allow that to happen, so I need to do better. Both of us have/had diabetic parents so we know what kind of hell is in our future if we don't do everything we can to eat correctly now, before we actually have that problem. Getting the freezer organized so we can have a good variety of healthy OAMC meals on hand instead of buying unhealthy processed stuff is near the top of my priority list this summer. It's a challenge to change these bad eating habits but we really need to and since I started WW and paired it with Prevent, I feel like I'm up to that challenge. Go, me!

Hikr, somebody dragged in something last night, which we became aware of when Sota started being way too interested in something under the new recliner. Husby moved the recliner and Sota snatched up whatever it was so quickly we couldn't see it. We call that boy "Snail" because he moves so slow as a rule, but if there's a snack to be had he's Mr. Lightning! He took his victim outside right away, because the one time this happened before, Husby made him drop it and he learned from that, apparently. He went out so he could chow it down at his leisure and not lose his prize. I hate the idea of him catching and eating stuff but I hate the idea of loose rodents in the house more. I just wish the cats would kill them before they bring them in, or better yet, not bring them in in the first place.

It's going to be busy here today. Lots of cooking and cleaning to do, so I better get to it. Tomorrow will be busy too. We're going to two or three large sales in the AM, probably with Mom, doing some chores at her place, then going to another town to a program being offered by a state park which will teach us to use our GPS after all these years, I hope. Our state parks just started a geocaching challenge that will run for the next two years. Every park has a different wildflower card, which is the prize for finding the geocache in each park. Minnesota has over eighty state parks so we know we won't get to all of them, but it's an incentive to visit our own parks and also to get out hiking, if we can only figure out the dang GPS. Only a few of the state parks are offering this GPS program so we're lucky there's one so close by. We've been looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, lots to catch up on!

Jen - take it easy today and I hope you are feeling better by tomorrow.

hikr - glad you went to the doctor and I'm happy that you are starting to feel better. You can see moose from your house!? Yikes! Moose and bears have always scared me.

pinetree - sorry to hear that you will not be able to go fishing with your family today but you get to relax and then enjoy the feast. The best part is eating it!

fw - hopefully your DH kidney stone will pass on it's own. I had one years ago and not fun. Much more painful for men though I think.

SD - the picture of the lupine is beautiful! The picture looks like it would make a great puzzle. Great score on the tv.

om - wow, you have elk by you?!

I too love wildlife and nature. I see deer daily out of my sliding door grazing in the field. One winter I counted 48 deer behind the house at one time, it looked like one of those deer parks. We also see wild turkeys and coyotes. I have only seen two squirrels here in the 12 years that we've lived here. They're around, just not on my property. The one time there was a squirrel, the dogs had it cornered up a tree and were jumping to get it. Thank goodness I was able to pull one by one in the house and let the squirrel get away.

3/3 yesterday and DH and I painted the railing on the back porch. We just have to tape around the bottom where the bolts fasten on the cement and paint that. Ran out of time last night.

Friday
    1 - reset house (done)
    2 - cut up watermelon (done)
    3 - work outside (started)
    4 - wash cars
    5 - cut front lawn
    6 - dust (done)
    7 - color hair

Now to get off the computer and work on my list.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea! The surgery center just called and I have to be there at 8:40! Nice and early, so I can get home early. No time for shopping beforehand either, so my steps for Tuesday will be, like, 5. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Friday!! The weekend is here!! Yippee!!

ilc, enjoy the weekend with your son, I hope you both have a wonderful time! I'll be thinking about you!

Jen, hope you are doing alittle better, i wish it would just go away and leave you alone for awhile!

FW, LOL I thought about that when I put down crappie, then forgot about it, Hope you DH is feeling better!

SD, Good Luck on your next surgery! You are so brave, I am a giant chicken!! WTG on the tv, man have you been lucky lately, hope it keeps going!

Ayanka, DO you have a date when you are suppose to move? It sounds like things are really different where you are.

Hikr00, You are moving rigth along too, sounds like your house is almost done!

OM, did you get the fans up? I was trying sit and be fit, but the one I have on pbs channel does alot standing up, and I just cant do that very long, so looking for something else. If you find something let me know, maybe we could do it together?

Hellloo Niko!

I am so glad you guys are natue lovers, theres alot of people think they are just a pain. Our coons are pretty big, been here for years, but the cutest things were the momma skunk that had 10 babies under the shed,, she would bring them out at night, all in a row, they would all have their little tails straight up and noses in the ground smelling. Shes been gone for 2 years now. We really dont miss her, she would almost come straight to us, and wasnt afraid anymore. We were kinda afraid the cats would scare her and she would spray.

We have all kinds of birds, have a dove named Turkey, his wife is turkette. Momma robin is named Bobby Leigh, she comes up for cat food every morning with the cats.another robin named mohawk. Also have a crazy starling named Duck, he sounds just like one! A woodpecker , of course called Woody.
    Our Black squirrel was found dead laying out by the 5th wheel about a month ago, we dont know wht happened, also lost a cotton tail in about the sme place. DH ran a baby bunny into the wildlife refuge 2 weeks ago, looks like he broke his back legs, they will fix him up and release him.

ENough about my wildlife refuge,, I need to get some chicken cut up bagged and frozen. They went fishing and left me here with 120 lbs of chicken to be frozen or smoked...

And AGAIN, I forgot my list!! geeze if my head wasnt attached.....

cut up, bag chicken
    find exercise video
    run dishwasher, and empty
    I might call my BF and let the above slide?!

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend ladies
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, you did it again!! Or I did!!

Glad everything is going smoothly for you, will be thinking about you, and take it easy this time!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

got a Dw load run
    and another load of laundry
    cleaned 75% of the louvered doors for the broom closet/pantry door-hate them (gummy dirty and brittle) Yogi apparently shook off in the kitchen.
    swept out the 1/2 bath and washed some of the walls

Hit subway w/ DD. and sat on the deck yakking for a bit.
    Have to take her in in a bit but I want to hit at least 1 floor. Really been putting that off.