2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 96
Page 96 of 271 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, what a score! That greenhouse is wonderful! It will be great for extending your growing season.

ILC, I hope your husband is feeling better.

Pinetree, I haven't gotten my chicken, yet. I pick up tomorrow. I'm glad my son decided to help me with it, there's so much to do!
    My pain levels are better today and I'm hoping they continue to improve, but I'm still going to take it slow for a few days. Just to be safe.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Pick up chicken.
    3. Pack up chicken for freezer.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nikko don't let your depression get out of hand like mine did..prayers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, how are you today? Like pinetree said, feel free to vent to us. It really helps to have a sounding board.

Jen, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Aynaka, keep us posted about the house.

SD, good luck with the cabin. Getting it in order in July seems to be a good plan.

fw, so happy you heard from your son! And good luck to your DH at the new job.

om, did you have a fun time with the family?

pinetree, I hope your BF is feeling better after the wisdom tooth surgery. That smoked and sliced chicken sounded goooooood. Let us know how your pineapple does. I never thought about doing that.

DH slept late yesterday, then took a long nap in the afternoon, and today he is much more cheerful and energetic. I guess he was just overly tired. I keep reminding him that he's an old geezer but he won't believe me

DS is staying an extra day----apparently his professors are lenient about attendance---so I'm rethinking what to do today. So, for Monday:

1) Menus
    2) Record recent expenditures
    3) Check on schedule of Wimbledon matches (I love watching Wimbledon)
    4) Reset den and breakfast room
    5) Mop
    6) Spend time with family

Have a nice day, everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone

The ceiling fans are working great and I loved every minure with paige and jordon so much fun.

Today is clean the kitchen day and that is it...

ILC glad hubs is feeling better. I m am almost 50 and some days I just don't feel good.. enjoy son. And Wimbledon

Nikko hugs...

Pinetree every bite was yummy and we had smore because paige wanted them... she likes graham cracker and marshmallows. .. like Spirit deer.

Fw good news love it.. glad u kept your reciepts... prayers for your son... we had some good steaks the other night

Jen take it easy ok

Hi Hikroo hugs are u enjoying the pool.today..

Kitchen is it..
    wash and dry a c load of towels
    cheeseburgers for supper

Have a great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had to force myself, but managed about a two mile bike ride this AM and racked up 3,500 steps. I got home just ahead of a thunderstorm, so I'm glad I have that many steps because I should be able to meet my goal now without having to exercise outside. It was a nice ride, new territory I haven't been to before on the lake side anyway, and I even saw a loon with a chick on its back.

So much to do today to prep for the rest of the week when I'm down to using one eye that doesn't have the right glasses. Not sure what I'll focus on (HA!) but mostly it'll involve stuff in the kitchen in the form of cooking and cleaning. I have to make up some salads ahead of time, for sure. Then I'm taking the next two days off, at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning everyone,

FW. I am so glad you heard from your son, I was thinking about him the other day. Congrats to your DH's new job! Do they give you grief when you take back the food? Sounds like the yard is going to look really nice, and a shed is always nice.

Niko, I am SO sorry, I don't get it, its dismissed, that means its dismissed, what do they do take it back? I don't get why they keep doing this crap to you, its like they dont understand whats going on?! You follow the rules and its not right? THis is plain _ss stupid, sorry but its pissing me off, and its not even mine.. maybe a different lawyer? oops there goes the blood pressure... let me kmow if theres something I can do,,

Jen Have fun with the chicken! You are right its alot of chicken, mine were really large this time, real heavy, it was kinda hard to handle, Be careful, dont over work yourself!!

SD Good Luck tomorrow, please post when you get home that you are ok, wtg on the bike.
    maybe you should take the rest of the week off?

Ayanka, keeping my fingers crossed there nothing else with the house and your job calms down for you.

OM, I am so glad you had fun with your family, it helps a person de-stress
    I have never had a smore. I like my grahm crackers with milk, like cereal, I know I'm crazy!
    Stay cool, SO happy your fans are working for you!

ilc, I am so happy for you, spending some quality time with your son!! But, you are a retired school teacher, and he's ditching school?? lol,, he he , ROTF!!That is So funny to me!! You must be one of the Cool teachers, Hugs!! Give him lots of love and forget the list, spend your time with him, you will be thankful later..

Pineapple plants are easy, when you get a fresh pineapple, grab it by the top and screw the top off the pineapple, put the bottom in water until it roots, it takes 2 years to get a fruit. they like being out side in the summer. Sprouts has pineapple for .88 each, so I'm getting a case to freeze and make my fruit cocktail. Too bad I couldnt send you a couple.

Monday
    load of laundry
    take a comforter off the bed
    look up beds on computer, this one is going to be trashed, the air mattress are falling apart, what a waste of money! Doesnt matter what your number is when the bed is all lumpy!
    brush out a cat, holy cow are they shedding!

Have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wish me luck. .. I am working on my China cabinet I hope I don't break anything....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Luck OM!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, OM! Are you putting stuff in the china hutch that has been packed away?

Pinetree, I'll let you know. We should be home by one at the latest. Last time it took about two hours, mostly time sitting there being bored while the dilating gel took effect. I'm to be there at 8:40. The surgery took about fifteen minutes, and then they took me back to recovery and booted me out the door as soon as they gave me discharge info. It's not much worse than an oil change. I may have to take the rest of the week off from outside exercise. Last time it took a few days to lose the light sensitivity. That gel is some powerful stuff! I was expecting something like the usual stuff you get for eye checks, but I can drive myself home after that. No way with that gel! All I could see from that eye was white. Even with my eyelid closed and sunglasses on, it was painful. I finally pulled the tape off my hand where the bandage was after the IV and wrapped that around the sunglasses. That finally make it tolerable to sit in the car on the ride home. The next day wasn't much better. I'm putting duct tape over the lens of the sunglasses before I go this time. Hope that does it. So I'm not expecting to be too active. My balance will probably be messed up again too. Husby will be home with me both days, so no worries. I'll miss my bike.

Didn't get any cooking done but the day's not over. I did get a ton of dishes washed up, filled up the dishwasher, plus the rack, and one of the sinks with clean dishes. It's a huge improvement.

I noticed the spaghetti squash I just bought is spoiling. So we're having spaghetti for supper tonight to use it up before it's completely ruined. It's also a good chance to use up some of the forgotten meatballs I found in the freezer the other day, so it's a good thing in reality. I won't mind having an easy supper to make, either.

Hope everyone is having a great start to the new work week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No we put the crystal in several months ago just gave it a dust..the crystal needs washing but did not want to push it. . I am having a good day tomorrow will be for crap tremor wise. ..I have one day 3 days pay for it. I have pushed it.

Tomorrow is the bathroom. ..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Take it easy OM and SD.

SD you must have had that squash for awhile, I can keep mine for months!

Hey Jen, Have you had the cod from Zaycon, I dont know if thats a good deal or not, seems high for fish?

I have got to get off here and do something, maybe go watch DH fix the rototiller, that will keep me busy! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's the thing, I haven't had the squash long. I don't know what happened. Maybe it got dropped before I bought it or something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-did you get a coupon for a free car wash! Glad both are done. The whole process seemed quick.

Dh got his new laptop so I haven't seen him tonight (geeks w/ toys). But we are excited for the 6th.
    I took DD to Modern Exchange her fav. resale shop thats closing. I bought her a scarf and a new black pair of work pants for less than $15. She got a grey jacket and a scarf,a long sundress and something else? for $35. The lady is closing to help care for elderly relatives. DD is still loving her job. She is training for Asst. manager but has to be quiet as the original hire isn't getting it. Stuff like that is so difficult.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. Got a late start, and never got the laundry in. Got my chicken done and the freezer is full again. What a chore! I love getting Zaycon chicken, because it's such a great deal, but it's just so much work!

Pinetree, I've never gotten anything but chicken and ground beef from Zaycon. They just started offering more stuff in this area, but I won't go for fish anyway. I don't eat it and hubby doesn't like salmon and that's all they offer here. He's more of a shellfish guy.

SD, good luck with the surgery tomorrow! I'm sure it will be a cakewalk, but take things easy, OK?

OM, don't overdo things. I am very familiar with overdoing on a good day and paying for it for the next three days.

Niko, I don't know what the situation is that's causing you so much trouble, but I hope you can resolve it easily. Vent all you want, we'll listen.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Finish picking the peas and clean out the bed for something else. I think I want to put in some beets.
    3. Clean off my table in the living room. I just can not seem to keep after this one table!

Hugs to all of you, my friends. Have a wonderful day!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No free car wash. LOL.

Jen, not much choice but to take it easy, at least the next couple days! Last time I was sort of off balance for a few days, I think because of not being able to tolerate light in the surgery eye, so I was walking around using just one eye. Or maybe it was after-effects from meds, who knows? Husby is very good about looking after the pets and constantly checking to see if I need anything, so I'll be in good hands.

I got the muffins made and photographed for my column. Figured I better before I can't see well enough. Actually I already can't see well enough, but I sent the whole mess to my publisher who will figure it out for me. Luckily the rain quit so I could take pics outside. And I went to boil a pan full of eggs and discovered two that were cracked and stuck to the carton, so I ended up frying those and putting them in a cheese/egg quesadilla which Husby ate, so that along with a second quesadilla for him and some watermelon turned into supper. Then he baked granola cookies. So much for spaghetti. But I did cook the squash and only lost about 1/5 of it, so not too bad and now I don't have to mess with it tomorrow night for supper. I can just throw some tomato sauce, mushrooms, meatballs, and a couple herbs into a dish and micro that and ta-da, instant spaghetti sauce. Love that. I didn't get any food made ahead for the week, but we won't starve. We have the spaghetti to throw together and boiled eggs, bread, and a bunch of stuff. Maybe I'll have Husby make the salads tomorrow for our lunches.

I washed up the little three-drawer Sterilite thingie I bought a couple weeks ago for sewing room storage, so that's not cluttering up the kitchen counter anymore. About time, and getting that out of the way helped a lot. Washed all the dishes from baking and supper, too, and now Husby's washing the ones he dirtied making cookies. I think all that's left stacked on the counter, finally, is some Tupperware. I might get caught up in this lifetime after all.

I'll be glad when it's tomorrow night and the surgery is done. Then it's just another fifty-mile drive to the post-op on Wednesday, another post-op on Friday here in town, and then I should be done till the end of July when I can find out how strong my new reading glasses need to be. I really hope I can get rid of the bifocals. My distance vision seems to be coming back now. It's hard to tell because it's so humid here the past few days, the other shore of the lake is fuzzy and it's not just me. But the new bionic eye is a lot clearer now than the old low tech eye, so it must be an improvement.