2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 97
Page 97 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    today is bathroom and bedroom if I am able
    supper is eggs and pancakes

Behind on Bible reading.

Picked up a baby moniter for paige and a 1 year picture Frame at yard sale ...Hubby picked it up for 20..I think he over paid but it works.
    Hubby is building a trash bin for us today...
    something made my brother mad yesterday he wouldn't tell us what... but he slammed doors....

SD I hate losing produce good lu c k with n the surgery u won't starve... way to go on hubby baking cookie

Pinetree hugs are u wore out from all the chicken....it is such a good deal..1.67 a lb clo set one is huntington about 2 and 1/2 hours away.

Jen I will try not to have family coming in Thursday hugs

Fw hope hubby enjoys his new toy dd isdoing well our girls grew up alot..hugs Fw

Have a great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, yes, I was the coolest of teachers! Actually DS has always been pretty responsible as a student so if he says he can cut a class, hey, it just means I can have him with me longer this visit.

I need to look up the chicken place all of you mention. It sounds as though it's good product for a good price.

om and Jen, please don't overdo today.

fw, glad your DD is doing well with the job.

SD, praying for you today.

If I missed anybody, I'm sorry.

Today:

1) Take DH and his buddy to river so they can canoe down it DONE
    2) Pick up DH and his buddy from the river
    3) Wash a lot of dirty dishes
    4) Gather groceries for DH to take back with him
    5) Clean up my desk area DONE

I don't have to cook tonight! We're going to the Sr. Adult monthly dinner at church---we've never gone so we're going to try it. Tonight is fried fish, cheese grits, cole slaw, hushpuppies, and tea for $5 a person. YUM Plus there's always a program, and it's over at 7:30 so all the old geezers (hey, that's us!) can make it home early. I hope it's fun.

Have a good Tuesday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning,

SD, sending up prayers you are doing great!!

ilc, lol you are So funny! Made me laugh when you called yourself old geezers, and Hows it feel to admit you are one of the coolest teachers?!! Have fun at your dinner, that sure is a good price too. I am so happy you finally got to spend time with your son. Take Care today, hear you have bad storms heading your way..Look up Zaycon, they have been having some good sales lately,

FW, sounds like you are feeling aliitle better, so glad your hubby gets to work at home again. Your DD is doing so well, you must be So proud of her!!

Jen, Thanks, I dont know if I will try the fish of not, thinking not. Sure didnt take you long to get it in the freezer! Hope you are feeling ok today!

OM, Nope not pooped out from the chicken, I want to start on my fruit cocktail, but the peaches arent ripe! Did you find an exercise video to do?

Niko.thinking about you.

RABBBIT, are you ok?? Bet you are having too much fun on your new toy!!

Hi to anyone I missed!

Finally got some sleep, feeling better, but my beautiful Sweet Pea decided to get sick all over the bottom of my comforter, yuck, oh well wanted to take it off the bed anywaay, its too hot.

Well decided I am getting a new bed for sure, going back to a waterbed, My back can't take an air bed or mattress, so am going to try and order one this week, it comes with free shipping and its a bundle, which even comes with a mattress pad, heater, the entire bed setup for under $200. Thats alot cheaper than a regular mattress.

Tues
    wash comforter, done
    another load of clothes
    find dinner
    check grocery sales

Have a beautiful day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm home again and all went well. My surgeon said I'm an excellent patient. I'm just glad to be done.

I really can't see well at all now, so if I'm not around much, you'll know why.

Thanks again for thinking of me. I do appreciate that. I hope all of you are doing well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, today is a waste! It's raining, so I couldn't work on the garden, and my foot swelled up and hurts, so nothing else is getting done, either. I have no clue what I did to my stupid foot, but I had to get out the walker just to get around today. It's not gout, my whole foot feels like it's trying to pull apart from the inside. I suspect that the arthritis and fibro decided to team up to torment me. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, yipee, you are done!! Hope you get better soon and can run around in sexy sunglasses!! lol, I'm glad it all went well, take it easy!

OH, Jen, how terrible! That has really got to hurt, wish I could do something to help you! Take care..

Well, we just ordered a new bed, should be here Friday. I am so excited, maybe now I can get some real sleep. I'm hoping I can sleep on it this weekend. yea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, I'm so sorry you're suffering. I hate when my body parts gang up on me! Feel better soon.

Glad for your new bed, Pinetree. I still miss our waterbed, so I understand how excited you are. Here's a tip in case you didn't know: Fill it with warm water, or else let it sit for a few days till it comes to room temp before turning on the heater. Otherwise, you can easily burn out the heater. Learned that one the hard way several times before I figured out why the heaters weren't working. They're apparently made to maintain the proper temps but not to heat really cold water, like it is after it's been running a long time.

Husby's having a nap. I think I will too. We were up early to get some shopping done before the surgery, and the surgery was at 8:40 and we had a one-hour drive to get there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all!

FW the new shed idea sounds cool. I've never heard of rat walls? What does that entail? DH would love a shed but I said "get me in the house first then we'll talk about the shed".

Niko I'm sorry for the stress. I don't know the back story but I hope whatever it is resolves itself very soon.

Jen the foot pain sounds awful Don't push yourself too much. Rest up a bit and just do a little at a time.

ILC glad you got to spend some extra time with your DS. And I"m glad your DH is feeling better.

OM we are pool bound as soon as DH gets up from his nap. It rained hard the last couple of days so I actually had to backwash it to drop the water level down a bit so the skimmer would work. I don't know how much water we had but it was ridiculous. I'm happy to hear the ceiling fans are doing their job. Time with your girls sounds fabulous. I love time with my girls too (well, my one girl and my 2 granddaughters!) Cheeseburgers sound good...I miss chewing. Still on the no chew diet because of my jaw. Blah.

Pinetree hi there!! Going to search for a low sodium spaghetti sauce recipe. Any ideas?

SD glad you made it home and all went well!! Now take it easy tonight, don't push yourself too much.

Hi to anyone I missed!

We're still plugging away here. DH finished painting the family room yesterday and I went over last night with him and helped him find all the spots that needed some touch up so that room is DONE. The color was a wee bit darker than I wanted but we took it back over to Sherwin Williams and add a dollop of white to it to lighten it a bit. I like it better now. I didn't hate it before but I do like the addition of a bit of white. So today we took over the remaining two cans and had them add the same amount of white to those for the living room and kitchen.

We are going to take a swim once DH gets up from his nap and then he's going to tape out the living room so maybe tomorrow he can start doing the cutting in part and then roll the walls Thursday. I can't wait to see that room done. That room gets a lot of light so it will probably look really different from the family room which does not get much light. After our swim I'm going to toss the robot vacuum in the pool and brush down the walls etc. Once that's all done I'll come back home and toss a load of laundry in.

I've been working on emptying my freezer to prep for the move and I found a package with one small blade steak in there. I wound up cutting it up and dicing some potatoes and making a beef stew for DH. It smells so good. The good news is I emptied out the package of steak and a small bit of frozen corn from the freezer but I still can't chew so no stew for me. I might cut up some potatoes really small tomorrow and cook them in a similar fashion without the meat and then I could just swallow them whole. I need to find a lower sodium gravy though than the packaged stuff I have. It's yummy but really high sodium. I am so tired of scrambled eggs, oatmeal, fudgesicles, ice cream and canned ravioli for my diet it's not even funny. Maybe mashed potatoes and no salt added butter? I could maybe dice up from fresh chives so I wouldn't have to chew them and add them for a little extra flavor. I need to think outside the box more I think

Hope you all have a great night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr00, Hi! I use the tomatoes from my garden, I can them, just dump them in a pan and add italian seasoning. You could use tomato sauce, just watch the salt, or get saltless. Or make your own, fresh tomatoes, de-seed them if you want, put in food processer or blender, until where you want the sauce, we like it chunky, heat it up with your spices, if you want thicker sauce, boil it longer I know some people just put in oregano. I dont use salt when canning. Good Luck! ( you might want to peel the tomatoes)

SD, You are right on the heater, we are fillling it with warm water, that way we can sleep on it that night. It will take alittle while to fill it , but it will be worth it. I can't wait to get into a cool bed when its so hot, and a warm bed this winter!, Yea I have a heated mattress pad, but it won't cool the bed in the summer!

ilc, just heard about the kids in the walmart, hope its not around you! Stay safe!

Gotta go in tomorrow for blood tests, ugh, sure get tired of them but as long as I am on these blood thinners, I guess I am stuck with them... I should be out of blood by now!! lol

Have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took a nap and I'm still tired. ~whine~ I had a rough night with Sugar last night so started off the day tired. But it's all good.

Anyone here use Roku, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc? Husby's back to looking at those again, since he's got the new TV now. Anything he should look out for, or that you think is a big advantage of one over the others?

They just said on the news the Cook rummage sale where we got all the new furniture took in $43,000 over the three days of the sale. It would be interesting to know how far people drive to attend that sale. Cook is a town of only about 500 people, so you know the locals aren't buying all that stuff! And the prices were so low, I also wonder how many thousand items that money represents. It has to be an astronomical amount of stuff to raise that money when nothing is very expensive. Some things there were being sold by silent auction. I didn't look to see how high some of those were going but they had a nice garden tractor, a pontoon, a like-new, newly felted pool table, an antique china hutch, and a few other big items on the silent auction. But still, that wouldn't all come close to getting to that much money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sd hugs for sugar

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, how is everyone today?

SD how are you feeling this morning? How's the vision? I'm so glad the surgery went well and that's DONE. Now you can finish recovering and then enjoy your summer. That's an amazing total for the sale in Cook.

Pinetree thanks for the spaghetti sauce tips. I do have the no salt added tomato sauce and the no salt added paste so I'm off to a good start. Now get this, I don't like tomatoes so we don't grow them. I love pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, ketchup etc but I won't touch a tomato. It's a texture thing. I have such strange aversions to things.

OM How are you doing?

I got the pool all done yesterday so that's checked off. DH taped two of the living room walls last night. I checked in on him before I came back down here to go to bed and he said he thought he would start on the cutting in part so he could maybe get those two walls rolled today. I walked back down here and went to bed and he isn't up yet so I don't know how much he did after I left. He and DD both love Chinese food and I don't like it at all so they go out for that on their own. She texted last night and said today was a good day to go out so I will drop DH off with her and then I'm going to swing into the library and pick up a few books then come home. DD will bring him home so the girls can play a bit. The last time they were here the 4 year old and I baked cupcakes but before we got to frost and sprinkle them she started acting up so DD had to discipline her after attempting to get her to cool it so that meant they left early and no cupcake decorating. She told her they'd have to do it at the next visit. So I think we are decorating cupcakes this afternoon

I hope you all have a great day!

We have leftover beef stew for DH for tonight and I am going to boil up some potatoes for me and mash them really good so I don't have to chew them. I think I will do the spaghetti sauce for Saturday night maybe?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    got to do bedroom today and lr...
    already 1 load in wash and run the dishwasher

went to visit best friend in nursing home yeasterday.. visited with her daughter...and my daughter

Came home and ate all the leftover in fridge. .
    Hubs wil l help me

ILC hope do had fun and it sounds like ayummy dinner

Pinetree have fun with your fruit cocktail
    Poor sweet pea,

Jen take care fibro hurts so bad

Hikroo hope u chew soon
    enjoy the grands and cupcakes

SD hope sugar goes easy like my pooh.. u could just watch her wind, down like a click she went easy though
    Hugs to all

This house sometimes gets the best of me.I drop so many things because of my tremors.. I prayed when I done the China cabinet..
    I was afraid I would drop a piece...

My essential tremors are worse now I was lucky to not drop anything.

Still waiting to see judge for disability.? Been over a year... say prayers for me.. a steady income would help. .I wish I could work..my anxiety will not let me.. my agoraphobia won't let me... I have to take 3 anxiety pills to go to grocery.. I take 2 a day. And 3 more on top of it if I go to wally.. oh my doctor oked that amount.. so I am not abusing them ..

And God help me I have to go tomorrow... going to get up super early and hope it is not that busy..

Hugs to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took me a while to catch up on what everybody's doing! Wow, a lot has been going on here for the past few days.

pinetree - I didn't even know they still sold water beds. We had one years ago and I was glad to see it go. I am such a light sleeper and DH thrashes around at night and it kept me awake for years. Now if I slept by myself, I would love it! The new mower is so much fun I was teasing DH that I am going to buy a truck and trailer and start a lawn cutting service. It's amazing that it takes me half the time to cut the lawn now.

fw - so much good news in your world. I bet you cherish the calls from your son. Congrats to your DH for getting the job and it sounds as though your DD is finally getting the job she deserves.

SD - glad to hear that your surgery went well. Great score on the greenhouse, instead of spotting a good buy a mile away, with your two new bionic eyes you will be able to spot sales 2 states over! I am in awe of your finds.

ilc - so did you have fun at the dinner last night? Anytime I don't have to cook is a good time.

Jen - hope your foot is better today. That sounded incredibly painful.

hikr - is your jaw feeling any better? Great work on all the painting that you have been doing. I'm sure it looks great.

Niko - so sorry that you are battling depression. I second everyone's advice of venting all you want here. Sometimes that is all that you can do, holding everything in is not good and sometimes it's hard to vent to family and close friends. Glad that you are back.

om - glad you like your fans.

Hi to anyone that I missed.

Wednesday
    1 - dailies
    2 - walk Beastie
    3 - brown meat and freeze (done)
    4 - clean up horseshoe pits
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om - have you ever tried square breathing to help with your anxiety?
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.