2015 To-Do Challenge

217K views 4K replies 41 participants last post by  ermadunk 
#1 ·
Happy New year!!

Heres how this works

1. List 3 things you want to get done

2. You have 24 hours to get them done

3. Mark them off and start again!

Can someone please make this a sticky, thanks.

#1,226 · (Edited)
Afternoon

spent most the day sitting here blabbering with bff, Boy can we talk, it never ends!!

Didnt post yesterday, went to Dr. didnt get home until after 6, I quit my new statin, we are starting an over the counter on. this one gives you hot flashes, so this should ber fun!! lol. Also staying on the half of my diabetic pills.

Made appt with my cardiologist, cant get in until july 13, but have no choice, the Dr, here cant really treat my heart, so hes going off what my big town Dr is telling him, He told me yesterday I give him headaches, and doesnt have time for my questions.. Made me feel really good, I almost cried. He did show me test with a graft on it and says This is really good, this means your heart is healing itself,,, Yes!! yippeee!!!

My potassium is high, now I have to give up green leafy veggies, squash, beans, fish, oranges, bananas, almost everything I eat is on the list, even potatoes..was feeling pretty depressed today, but hoping he was just having a bad day.

But, after the Dr I decided to go to the dollar store!! My bff asked me why that store was the first one to go to in months??? I dont know but I have Fun, bought some catnip, cat toy, which they wont touch, popcorn bowls, that look like what you get in the theater, mini coke glasses, glass coke glasses that look like a can, a 6 large ones..( gave those to the kids) A bucket for me pulling weeds, 4 new planter pots, and 6 new pot holders and hair ties... and I made it back to the truck, on my own!! I am alittle tired today lol! Kids are teasing me its Christmas in June, cause I couldnt do it in Dec, lol

SD Put a fishing net on your bike, that way you can just scoop up the fish!!! Hunting, I dont have anything to do with that one! Great job on the bikes, they really look like fun!! lol 900 stitches, lol, I think my Mom had a lens put in her eye, years ago, to help keep her vision, she was legally blind, but she could see after the lens and wearing her glasses. the surgery was no big deal. Hope it works as well for you too!

ilc, how good is you mop? I get on the floor on my hands and knees, my kitchen is small tho, maybe 8x12. How was your sons Birthday?

FW, I never heard of stinging nettles either, are they a weed or do you plant them? Glad you are feeling better tho, that sounds horrible! Now if you can get rid of the creeping crud in your chest!!

Jen, Hope you get lots of berries and peas, love them all. Sending up good thoughts for your hubby!

RABBIT, If you have time off, head up to the lake!! I'm sure her DH will let you have your bike!!

OM, thanks for the recipe, I am going to try that recipe for subisitute soy sauce, that has way too much soy sauce,, specially if you double it But it sounds good! Heres that baby shower thing, I hope this works.. you know how computer stupid I am.. try misssmaesdays.com (baby-shower-on-a-budget) I hope it works for you.

Niko, Hows it going?

Hikroo, enjoy that spagetti squash, I love them too! yum!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

#1,228 ·
SD - that's cool that you don't really have to wear shoes on the bikes. I hate wearing shoes when I'm by the water or in a boat so that would be wonderful. I was thinking that the petals would hurt without shoes. When we do the entertainment project I will certainly take before and after photos and post them. I'm excited about doing it and I think it's going to look great. (at least in my mind it's going to!)

pinetree - I can't believe your doctor said that to you!! Glad to hear that your heart is showing signs of healing. You really have been working hard on taking care of yourself, it must have felt good to hear some good news. As far as SD's husband's bike, I was thinking of offering him a trade, he can "play" on our new zero radius (I'll even let him turn the blades on and drive around the lawn!) ((wink)) and I'll play on his water bike. Think he'll go for it?!

fw - sorry to hear that your sick, something is going around. Hope you kick it quickly and it doesn't stick around all weekend.

Where did this day go? I slept in this morning till 7 which I never do and you know what they say, "lose a hour in the morning and you'll never find it", well I lost 2 hours. I hate when I sleep in, I always regret it. I thought I was getting a migraine and took something and went back to bed to try to get rid of it, at least that worked.

I did get everything done that I wanted to so I feel good about that. I have been watching the cottontails out front and the hummingbirds out back. I love how the hummingbirds will go to the feeder and then fly to the maple tree to rest for a few minutes and then back again. Until I started to feed them, I never knew hummingbirds rested in trees. Gobie, my Boston Terror, caught a gardner snake today. I knew he had got something in the yard but thought he had a bird or a bunny. I got my gloves on and a bag and went out there to pick up the kill and saw that it was a little snake. He didn't kill it so I let it go in the field. Hopefully it was okay. I refer to my backyard as the "killing fields" because my dogs will kill anything in it. :(

Tomorrow is volunteer day with the dog rescue so I won't get to much done. DH has to work so I'm hoping when we both get home there will be enough time to put another railing section up on the back porch. With all this rain we've been having I'm so appreciative of my new cement pad. No more having to squeegee off the back porch a hundred times and clean up water in the basement.

Saturday
1 - clean rabbit pen, clean rabbit and cat litter boxes
2 - reset house ( I like this phrase too!)
3 - do errands in town before adoption event

#1,229 ·
Only managed to get 2 quarts of berries today, but they will have more tomorrow, so we're going back. I keep hoping for black raspberries, but it is a little early for them. I didn't clean out my car today, it was 88 degrees with 81% humidity, so I decided not to take a chance. I did pick a few peas, but put off the cherries until tomorrow...it's just too hot. Still no joy on the crochet washcloths.

Hubby has a folic acid deficiency, and arthritis in his knee, but the swelling was just a strain and it's getting better. The doctor says the folic acid supplement will help with the burning sensation in his feet. I'm hoping it works.

We have a few errands to run tomorrow, so we'll be stopping at the farm again. Hope I get there early enough to get more berries. I make jam and jelly for Christmas gifts, and I hate paying supermarket prices for fruit!

No lists for the weekend, I'll be busy, but I'm not sure what I need to get done. I'm just going to wing it.

Have a fantastic weekend, Everyone!

Jen

#1,230 ·
Pinetree, do you see the steam coming out of my ears? I can't believe your doc said that to you! What a butt! He and I would have had words if he said that in my presence! But I'm very glad at least he gave you some good news. And I'm also happy you had such fun at the dollar store with your BFF. You needed that! Sounds like you found some fun stuff and some needed things, too. I'm sorry you're taking such a hit on your dietary restrictions. I've never heard of potassium being high before. Usually it's low and people have to take supplements. I hope that straightens out, and your statins, too. I think I'd be in trouble putting a net on my bike if the CO caught me! Not sure what the regs are but at the least I don't have a license for any kind of fishing. Good idea though! It would be interesting to see what got caught up in the net.

Rabbit, I'm not sure about Husby playing with the zero radius. That might be a lot like work! LOL. He couldn't use it around here. But he's happy to share his bike. I told him you guys are fighting over who gets to ride it, and he said to tell you it's ugly so you wouldn't want it. That's pure propaganda though. Maybe he doesn't want to share after all. :D I'm glad you took the extra two hours to sleep and avoid a migraine. Seems like a fair trade-off.

Obviously, we're back from Virginia and the eye doc. We dropped off two boxes at GW and bought a few things. (Very few.) I found a cute little metal bike basket for $1. I'm hoping I can figure out how to put it on my bike to hold my shoes when I decide to take them off in the middle of the lake again. That would be worth $1. I don't know how I'll attach it but cable ties are a marvelous invention. The big trick will be where to attach it. Not much for options there. Also got a couple more pieces of T-ware I can use for fifty cents each. I keep wondering when that store is going to wise up and start charging more but in the meantime I'll just enjoy paying garage sale prices.

I found Husby a really nice bag LN for $3 at GW. It has a ton of pockets inside and outside and will be perfect for him to use for a carry-on when he has to go to St. Paul again on the charter bus. When we got it home I realized it's a Fischer-Price diaper bag. No wonder it has so many pockets! I looked it up and it sells for around $20, so that's a nice bag at a nice price. He used three bags this trip and he said it worked, but they were too small and he had a hard time finding his stuff, so he's happy to get the diaper bag. It'll simplify things. He hardly ever goes to these meetings so it's not worth buying anything too expensive to use for those trips. He said the higher-ups want them to start having more of these get togethers though. The state must be in good financial shape them. Husby doesn't care that it's a diaper bag either. I'm glad I married a practical guy! It has one pocket that has a big opening in the middle to be used for baby wipes, so I'll have to close that up but it won't be a big job.

I took a chance and bought a T-ware lid that looks new for fifty cents at GW. I was almost sure it wouldn't fit the tumbler that's missing a lid, but thought I'd try it anyway. And it fit! So I'm glad now I gambled. We rarely use those tumblers but when we do we really need them, usually in the cooler where not spilling is a very good thing. I even love when little stuff works out.

Now the eye surgeon says I probably won't need the second expensive lens for $1,100. She said the astigmatism in that eye is really small. I'm all for saving a ton of money, so I hope we can avoid that expense and still get my vision where we want it. She's hoping at the most I'll just need cheap readers by the time she's done with me.

Anybody else think Girl Meets World is a really cute show? We always loved Boy Meets World, too.

#1,231 ·
Everything done
tomorrow visiting with girlfriend and daughter. .

ILC do u like the shark mop

Rabbit old entertainment center can be recycled. Love nature but not snakes not seen any yet

Spirit deer Hubs is a curb picker. My favorite item is a fireplace candle holder. Don't like vension

Pinetree what can u eat. You found some cute things. It was a lot of soy. I used reduced sopium soy sauce.

Fw feel better

Jen hope u get lots of berries.

Tomorrow paige and I are dicausing baby shower. She is buying decorations, sureka is doing games, margie is doing the cake, Lisa his mother is doing dips. I am doing food. So I got the majority of it.. I have budgeted 150 for the shower. So I know I will be doing most of if. Who is buying drinks, party favors, gifts for games.?..plates. forks, spoons, drinks.... she said it is handled. I am woried. I am also bring stuff home fro her house, I know we're to put it. My dishes, Mccoy, Hershey stuff my pig collection. Knickknacks , cds... I don't know what else. Is there.
Going to visit with my one sane friend..... love seeing her. .so no housework tomorrow....

#1,232 ·
OM the baby shower will be so much fun. Can you pin her down for more specifics on who is bringing the plates, utensils and the other stuff you mentioned? For my DDs baby shower I hit the Dollar Store for the plates / silverware etc. I'd be worried too..I'm a planner though when it comes to events and I almost "over plan" (and stress myself out in the process) because I'm so worried I'll forget something. I have to have a list of what each person is bringing for my own piece of mind. You know for a fairly inexpensive punch that everyone in my family loves we get a jug or two of Hawaiian Punch (or any fruit juice type flavored punch) and pour it in the punch bowl with a 2 liter bottle of Sprite (or the store brand of Sprite..I always go with the cheapest one) added to it. You can add more or less depending on what you want for carbonation in it. The original recipe calls for dollops of ice cream to be dropped on top but we usually leave that out. Oh and for the baby shower I bought two little rubber ducks and floated them in the punch (after washing them in the dishwasher first). Ducks came from the Dollar Store too. You could fancy it up a bit if you throw in cut up strawberries etc but we are not fancy people (hahaha) so we are always happy with just good old plain punch. I hope you have fun!

SD DH used to fish but hasn't in years. He used to hunt too but hasn't done that in years either. I should have my "Mainah" status revoked as well because I don't like seafood (or blueberries) although I do like potatoes (particularly if they are fried. LOL). :) Hope your doc appt went well although the last minute thing is a bit tougher to figure out. Blah...traffic in the summer is brutal here too.

FW2 I hope you're feeling better. You're making great progress on your outside projects.

Pinetree that is NOT good news about giving up all the foods you listed. What do they want you to eat? Goodness they've really cut you off at the knees from the sounds of it. Can you meet with a dietician and maybe get some suggestions? That is very good news though that your heart is healing. You made a great haul at the Dollar store!

Jen nice haul on the berries! I"m glad your DH knee is improving and hope that the supplement will help keep things balanced and keep the burning sensation away.

We are babysitting the granddaughters today so heading out in a few. I'm sure that will be fun but exhausting. It's DDs and SIL 6th anniversary today. Time flies :)
DH is down now painting out the second bedroom. Oh and I spotted a frog out on the pool deck. I'm not a big fan of frogs (it freaks me out when they jump) so I asked him to come sort of steer him away from leaping into the pool. Well, DH somehow managed to scare him right INTO the pool! LOL! So we had to get the net and fish the silly thing out. I told DH maybe I'd better take over "scare Mr. Frog away from the pool duty". :) It's just not his thing!

Hope you all have a great day!

#1,233 ·
hikr=me loves frogs and toads except when I look up from the laundry and see 6 or more showing me their bellies in the window well.lol Or when 1/2 of one is hanging out of Makceys face.

Sd-I am a huge fan of zip ties! Esp, camping and in the garage. Can you just drill a couple holes and do zip ties.?

Thanks but no I am not better but worse. I had a closed gookie throat and no voice today. I drank some Coke to clear it. I had to call Dmom because we lost phone,cable.internet last night in the middle of a call. No reason? I am giving this whatever it is lots of rest and 2 more days before I hit the clinic. Dh was cutting brush i couldn't even go outside. The smell from the pines alone. I'll tell ya all something. A computer geek w/ a sawsall is a dangerous thing. If I left him to his own devices the yard would be as barren as the moon!! I would say we are done w/ the 1 side and 1/4 of the back except for the brush. The dogs are elated and must plow through every pile extracting the perfect stick. Mikey grabs the end of branches and helps DH carry the brush to the pile. Mackey likes to supervise-no sense getting dirty.

OM-sounds so fun. Wish I was a grandma.

#1,234 ·
I'm in love with my new Shark Steam 'n' Spray. Got it on sale for $88 and also bought another cleaning pad. I've already used it twice---and I have always hated mopping. It's so easy to use and does a great job.

For Saturday:

1) Menus for next week
2) Mop DONE
3) Talk DH into spraying down the screened porch DONE
4) Reset den
5) Give myself a pedicure
6) Cook a good supper (pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans, field peas)

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

#1,235 ·
Morning woke up early my back is hurting
Had a great visit yester day with my friends and paige
my friend and I set down and changed the whole menu. It is much more inexpensive I think
I am making chicken salad sammies and meat balls in grape jelly and barbecue sauce
we each are making dorito salad
I am making spaghetti salad
pam is making pimento cheese salad
I am doing fruit crib and dip
paiges sister in law is brining sweets
Her mother in law is bringing dips
few other friends are bringing dishes
Margie is bringing the cake
paige is doing the plates and forks, party favors, and prize gifts.. and drinks

My brother gave her a 100 dollars yesterday she went and put her swing and bounice on layaway he will pay it off for her in august....
she has everything now except for bath things and crib sheets and matress
She is a happy nesting mommy
She has all her big stuff except high chair, walker or what ever it is now and glider....
so she is less stressed about it.
Hikroo enjoy your granddaughters
fw feel better u will be a granny one day sounds like our daughters grew up.
ILC knew u love it..miss mine... spirit deer, pinetree, rabbit and jen hugs

#1,237 ·
We did our best to get the house attractive for buyers, hoping to sell fast to a decent price. But after three weeks on the market, and two open houses, we have only had four interested parties. One of them made a very low offer, but otherwise there is no movement. So now we have to realize this will take longer. If it hasn't sold before september, we will consider taking it of the market and renting it.

We have been dipping a bit to heavily into the savings the last few months. Now is the time to decrease spending, increase income, and get rid of some of the house related loans. I sold a photo for $66 yesterday, that was a nice start. So today I'll be working on the pictures I uploaded from the camera. Some of those are a year old, and I have even older pics on the harddrive that could be sold if I do a bit of work on them.

Only a week left before we leave on the camping expedition to Iceland. I'll bring the camera, and also borrow DH's film camera. There is a growing market for stock footage, and I'd like to try to dabble in that market too.

Todo:
photoshop 20 photos
tag and upload 10 photos
one load of laundry

#1,238 ·
pinetree, how DARE that doctor say those things to you! He/she should be doing research in a lab or something, not working with patients. Hope the new meds don't give you bad hot flashes. Aren't dollar stores the best? DH loves Dollar Tree even more than I do, and that's saying a lot.

hikr00, wow, the painting is really coming along. I know you're pleased.

fw, hope you are feeling much better today.

om, is your back better? And is your soon-to-be granddaughter's name Addie?

Jen, glad to hear that you now know what is wrong with DH. That's always a relief.

gaja, I hope your house sells soon. Your trip sounds wonderful.

RABBIT, I love staying home too. DH can barely stay home---he wants to go, do something, buy something, get out and about. Me, I'm perfectly happy being home for several days at a time. There's always something to do and books to read.

SD, "reset the house" is a phrase from SallyC when she posted on this thread. I love it too---succinct yet complete.

For Sunday:

1) Church, breakfast, Kroger, gas in car------DONE
2) Stay inside where it's cool (98 degrees today and for the rest of the week)
3) Watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2 on TV
4) Plan errands for the week with DH
5) Make potato salad

Have a great day, ladies.

#1,239 ·
FW, I'm not opposed to zip ties but I don't want to drill holes. The cubby is water resistant now so don't want to make holes if I don't have to. I think the bracket that came with the basket will attach using the existing bolts on the cubby's hinge, and that way I could just use some longer bolts and then if we want to remove the basket at some point, the cubby will still be factory and undamaged. I think the basket will just be used to stuff the rope into, so nothing heavy so it shouldn't be a problem on the front of the cubby.

ILC, thanks for the comments about the Steam 'n' Spray. Can it also be used on furniture, or is it just for floors?

OM, sounds like things are coming together for the shower. It also sounds like it'll be a relief for you when it's over.

Gaja, I'll look forward to seeing pics of your trip. That sounds so exciting! I hope someone wants your house soon. It looks like a really nice place and I can't imagine it will take much longer to sell.

Everyone else I missed, hope you're having a great weekend and getting done exactly what you want, whether that's nothing or a lot! :)

Ta-dones:

1. Started the rip and tear on a damaged computer desk we got free at a garage sale yesterday. It's identical to the one I just remodeled for my laptop, except for the color. I removed the top which is a good match color-wise for the bathroom cabinet, which needs another shelf. I'm happy about that shelf because even though it's particle board, it will look good in there and since it's in a place that will show, that matters to me. I've been wondering what to do with that space, and the solution fell right into my lap. I love when that happens! I didn't think of it till this morning and then it hit me.

2. I installed the pull-out keyboard shelf in my computer desk. It occurred to me the other day it would be really nice to have a second pull-out to use for a writing surface. I specifically wanted this desk so I could use it while sitting on my couch, which means I need pull-outs so the keyboard and a writing surface are over my lap instead of at the edge of the couch. Since the desk we got yesterday is identical, the pull-out is a perfect fit in my desk and it looks like it'll work out great above the pull-out my laptop sits on.

3. I cut the wheels off and we removed all the pegs in the middle of the two dishwasher baskets I'm repurposing as pull-outs in the bathroom cabinets. I got distracted from that project and need to finish it up. Not really that much left to make all the shelves usable, so it should have been long done. Now I need to cut and repurpose the cardboard box my sewing machine extension came in and use that to line the dishwasher trays, and figure out how to subdivide those spaces into efficient storage for small bathroom items. Then I can finish sorting that stuff and it'll all be put away, finally.

To-do:

4. Get some exercise.

5. See about patching the opening in the pocket of Husby's new travel bag.

6. Maybe install two shelves from damaged computer desk to old computer desk so I can put my storage trays on them and move in.

#1,240 ·
OM I'm glad you've gotten the shower details worked out. It's going to be such fun! We had a blast at DD's baby shower. The game that brought the most laughs was one where I had purchased this roll of Mylar from Michael's and along the roll was printed "how big is Mommy's belly" or something along that line. We passed the roll around the room and everyone cut off a piece of mylar to the width around they thought DDs belly was. Then we took turns wrapping our strip around her to see who was the closest to guessing the size of her belly. It was hilarious. I can't remember how much the tape was but if you don't have a Michael's around you could even use yarn (or crepe paper) and just have everyone cut off a length of that. I love those meatballs in the grape jelly (we served those at DDs baby shower too!). When is the shower?

FW2 I will steer all my frogs your way :) But not to Mackey since he likes to nibble on them! LOL! How are you feeling today? Any better yet or will you call the doc in the morning and make an appointment? Sounds like once your DH got moving on cutting things down he's on a roll now! That's too funny your dogs are having a blast finding just the right stick in the pile!

ILC Have fun with Harry Potter! I have only seen the first few. I've never read the books (blasphemy right?) but DD did. I had no interest in the books at all but one day I was sitting on the couch sewing and whomever had last been in the living room had left the TV on so it was playing. I had no idea what the show was but couldn't reach the remote and was buried under a Christmas tree skirt so I just watched what was on while I worked. I found myself riveted to the screen. It wasn't until a while later when they finally commented "we'll be right back with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" in a minute" and I was so surprised! DH was out to sea at that time so DD and I went and rented all that were available at that time and we had a Harry Potter weekend of our own. We finished up with the Goblet of Fire and I haven't seen any since. DH has zero interest in it so I need to get them and have my own little Harry Potter viewing event sometime when I can ship him somewhere. :)

Gaja good luck with the house. We'll be putting ours on the market once we move into the new place and I'm really nervous about how it's going to go. The market can be so up and down in this area. Sounds like it's the same in your area too. Have a great camping trip! One of my friends is from Norway and her sisters still live there so she goes to visit every year or two and comes back with the best pictures. Such a beautiful area.

Waving hi to Rabbit and JKuhns and Niko. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Today we've accomplished very little. We babysat yesterday for a good part of the day. So much fun but man were we tired. We got home and I went for a swim and DH went for a nap. I knew if I napped I'd never get that swim in. LOL! Sure enough, by the time he woke up it had clouded up a bit and I heard some rumbles of thunder so he missed his swim. We did get the tape off the walls in the bedroom and that room is now done. Next up family room. Making progress!

Once DH is up from a nap we'll go take a swim than start taping out the family room. The spaghetti squash got moved back to tonight because of the schedule changes (and the leftover hot dogs I had found in the fridge on the night I planned the squash so we ate those instead). So tonight it's spaghetti squash. I have the sauce and meatballs simmering now and garlic bread to have with it as well. DH has admitted he's nervous that we're going to hate the squash and wanted to make sure we have a pasta back up just in case. hahaha. Yes, we do have pasta but I'm hoping we like the squash with the spaghetti sauce. I'm working very hard on decreasing the sodium in our diet because I know it's better for us to have less. And I'd rather reduce it on my own terms than get myself to a point where I'm having issues and the doctor says you HAVE to do it. So we're working on it. (well, I'm working on it. Since I'm the one that cooks DH is going along with it. haha).

Hope you all have a good afternoon/ evening!

#1,241 ·
We picked cherries today. I got about 2 quarts from my bushes, and I am thrilled! It took 4 years, but I finally got some cherries. Took a look at my grape vine today and it is just loaded. I really hope we can avoid the fungus this year.

Tomorrow:

1. Get celery and carrots into dehydrator.
2. Take a walk...if the weather cooperates.
3. clean out first aid kit and update. There are some expired meds in there.

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen

#1,243 ·
I can add exercise to the ta-done list. We biked and ventured further than we had before. Didn't quite make it across the lake or to the resort, which are both goals Husby would like to make. He doesn't realize those places are farther away than they look! Today we had a pontoon full of tourists watching us. I was working on a couple mods for our bikes, putting the baskets on them, and the tourists hung off our dock for a while. Then they got bored and left because I was still messing around and we weren't getting the bikes in the water. When we headed out we went the same direction they had gone. They were still tooling around and came back. About that time, we turned around to go home and they trolled past us (nice wake, thanks very much) and then hung out near our dock again till we got back and hauled the bikes up. Too funny! I hope they enjoyed the show. At least they weren't creepy like our neighbor. I guess we better get used to being stared at.

I figured out how to attach the little basket I bought Friday to my cubby without doing any damage, but I attached it by screwing on some pop tabs and then attaching the bracket for the basket with zip ties. I broke one of the tabs before I even tried to attach the basket, so I don't have a lot of confidence in the pop can tabs and will be looking for replacements next time I'm at the hardware store. I also need to use heavier zip ties. But the concept works and I can see I'm going to like it, so have to get it made more sturdy and it'll be fine. Putting the rope in the basket frees up the whole cubby and keeps water out of that, so I'll be able to use that for other things.

I got Husby's bag fixed so that's done. It was not a bad job and now it's ready for his next trip.

Don't think I will get to the desk shelves, but the day is not over yet so you never know.

#1,245 ·
3 for 3 yesterday, went swimming and even took paige's dollhouse and stuff t o, her.

Hikroo enjoy the grands

Fw feel better..I can't wait to be a nanny that is what we cal led my mom's mother.

ILC I knew u would love a steam mop... I miss mine..it died.

Gaga nice to meet u good luck with saling the house

Spirit deer zip ties rock.... I can not wait to get the shower over with. Sept 4.

Hikroo we are playing the top game..

Jen enjoy the cherries , how lo g to dehydrate carrots and celery......... Ned to find my dehydrater..

Pinetree feel better

Rabbit hi

Doctors visit today
Washed 1
Load and already hung to dry

Hot dogs and baked beans for supper

The dryer is starting to rub need to have hubby look at it....

Bye haveca great day..

#1,246 ·
OM, that's a long time yet before the shower. Try not to stress.

FW, sounds bad. Can you call your doc and see what they recommend?

Monday's to-do's:

1. Walk and/or bike.
2. Wash lots of dishes. The stuff we've bought lately has sort of piled up, so I need to get to it. "Dishes" in this case includes stuff like a little three drawer Sterlite storage thingy and a big drawer divider, bulky stuff so it's taking up too much space waiting to be washed.
3. TRACK MY FOOD. Haven't been doing well with that lately and, what a shock, I've been regaining. Can't let that happen. I have too far to go to have to keep losing the same pounds over and over. I'm smarter than that.
4. Plan something healthy for supper.
5. Look at dock to see where there are attachment points for the QuikShade.
6. Replace pipe on dock to hold shade umbrella.
7. Try to collect enough stuff to fill a big box for GW.
8. Remove two shelves from damaged desk and install in computer desk.

Ta-done:

Only a couple so far:

9. Sort bags in bedroom and put in GW box.
10. Start box to gather up miscellaneous sewing room stuff that has wandered out of sewing room.
11. Handwash Husby's new travel bag.
12. Sort through small garage sale items purchased recently.

#1,248 ·
The shakes are gone and I woke up breathing better
did 2 dishwasher loads,vaccumned part of the living room and took an hour long shower for the congestion in the chest.

Going slow but at least i'm out of bed.
DD finished her last day of her job. She left it w/ class and worked a double to help a sick employee. If they have anything bad to say about her its on them. I am trying to think of a little thing to do for her. Also debating about lowering her rent temp. until part time training is over. Kinda depends if the vet bill for shots this year is outrageous or about what I thought.

#1,249 ·
fw, I'm glad you feel better. Still, take it easy.

You raised your daughter right----lots of people get lazy when they know they're leaving a job. But she didn't. You did good!.

For Monday:

1) Dentist DONE
2) Record recent expenditures
3) Vacuum downstairs--cats are shedding like crazy
4) Mop using my new mop that I loooooooove
5) Plan week's activities with DH (didn't get it done yesterday)

Have a good day, everybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.