Simplifying my life challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Buckeye, be careful not to do like we tend to do and buy too far ahead. Otherwise you end up with a ton of supplies AKA good intentions on hand and then feeling overwhelmed by it all, which is the position I'm now in, trying to work my way through things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Spirit Deer! Right now this buying ahead won't be a problem, as $$ is super tight! I have had some supplies here with good intentions of doing it, but never had the time or energy until now. It is sick and twisted that I am excited to paint etc. !!! If my former co-workers could see me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

you sound great! I cannot believe how much you've gotten done. Installed your own pool liner? It wouldn't even have occurred to me to try!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bernice, thank you, this week I feel like a Super Hero!!! hahaha, i will continue to keep u updated. i told my family the 1st time we get in the pool, I will be panicked, worried it will collapse and go over the hill with us like a slip and slide!! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If the pool is okay holding water, it'll hold people just fine, too. If not, you'll have a heckuva ride down the hill and a memory your family will talk about for decades to come! J/K. You'll all be fine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer it is holding water and almost filled. If I get the ride of my life, you will hear me laughing hysterically!! I will keep u posted!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fingers crossed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was another good day. I tried a new recipe, it was the Pioneer Woman's Strawberry Bars, huge hit, and so easy and inexpensive!! I am making my own carpet cleaning cleaner, I have the products. I used my own basil and oregano yesterday in pizza burgers to use up some left over hamburger buns. It has done nothing but rain here and it is getting depressing. The pool is pretty much ready to be used but the weather is just miserable. High temp tomorrow here is 63 degrees, certainly not the end of June temps we are used to. I am going to be trying a few new recipes this week coming up, lemon bars, barbequed chicken thighs, and beef stroganoff. I have a ton of beef, since we also, raise hereford cattle. I just get a bit tired of beef. I am still plugging along. Now that I am home full time, i receive many phone calls thru out the day from my kids and parents. DH and kids love me being home now also, I laugh, since my kids are grown up. 1 of my DD's comes over for dinner alot now, and is planning on being here more on her days off when the pool is able to be swam in, also, we are planning on playing corn hole, I favorite game in my neck of the woods!! LOl I will keep u all updated on my new recipes and carpet cleaning. I am waiting to clean the carpets until the rain lets up, since my dog, a great pyrenees, tracks in dirt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aww sounds great.. hugs share recipes please

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I never heard of corn hole and then I saw it in some deal email, I just can't remember what company, but I remember it was marked down a lot. I will try to find it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made a set of those one year and we always took it to our RV rallies for tournaments. Everyone loved it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cor hole is big here too

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy 4th of July everyone! today I am by myself cuz everyone is working. kinda stinks since it is a holiday but I finally will be getting in my pool today. going to fireworks tonight though. It hasn't been 2 months yet since i quit my job, but life has already improved. I made my own carpet cleaner and it surprisingly worked, pretty pumped about that!! SAVED A TON OF $$$ THERE!! $$ still tight but we are staying afloat and learning new frugal ways.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG..one thing I do is make my own copycat of Dawn Dishfoam soap - I was spending roughly $5.00 or more a month on 2-bottles..I bought the huge bottle of Dawn at Samsclub for $6.28 in October 2013 and still have roughly enough to last me another 3-months roughly costing .26 a month...

I was making my own laundry soap and using vinegar for the rinse then line drying..now that saves you lots of money if your like me and you are a Tide and Downy snob..

I haven't made any cleaners yet as I'm still using the stash of .25 a bottle of Fantastic that I bought probably 9 yrs ago I think?

There is always ways to save money it just depends on the individual and what is considered a need verses want.

Long story..

I was just talking to my youngest son (18yrs) whom just graduated from school last Saturday.. he has a interview on Monday (would really appreciate any good thoughts and prayers) for a full time job and only 10-minutes away from home..he was mentioning about what kind of car he wants to buy if he gets the job..(he has already been told by my dh he has to pay so much a month for rent, then his car insurance which is $1500 a year under our policy and his cell phone is another $50 a month under our family plan) I told him you need to think about this and do you really want to get yourself into debt by having to make a car payment PLUS the insurance will increase so he would be looking at I bet at least a $500 payment a month if not more..I told him if it were me I would be saving to buy a car outright OR put money into the one he already owns (given to him by my brother) free and clear...it's hard when your 18 years old to see the forest through the trees..I know I made very bad choices and had no responsibilities at that age..even though we are frugal in a lot of ways it doesn't mean your kids think the same way when they are just starting out in life..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

need recipe for the dawn soap!!! please!!! thank you!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast