Simplifying my life challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live about 5 hours from Cincinnati. About 2 1/2 hours from Louisville. ...love the goriila c house at the zoo..I love it here. ..we has a bad winter and a wet summer..n hoping for less rain and more sunshine.. I love cincinnati it is one of my favorite weekend trips..
    I live in eastern ky. On country music highway..I used to live 30 miss from loretta Lynn homeplace..now about an hour away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't been on her for awhile, we had a family emergency with sil, who ended up in icu, again for 2nd time within a year due to addictions, etc. it has been very stressful. Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone, it has now been a little over 2 months since i quit working, and things are going well. I still get a bit lonely at times, but at least the weather has finally improved and I am able to get in the pool...and YES, the new installed liner is doing well!!!! $$ wise, things are improving since we have had a huge lifestyle change, so this is good. DH is still in a contract dispute with his company, not sure how this is going to go still, has been working without contract since June 1. I still have a ton of projects to do with supplies already paid for. I am going to do those in the fall when the pool is closed, lol. Dh and I are planning a few road trips coming up to attend great nieces etc. birthday parties. We are also, tinkering around the idea of going to Myrtle Beach in Sept. for a week, went last year for the 1st time for our 30th anniversary, and we may do it again. I have been tucking $ away a little bit to pay for it. Since I stay home most of the time, we have saved a ton in gas etc. Anyway, I am going to mow grass , and get in pool, 91 degrees here today, yahoo!! Dd#2 is coming over after work to swim and have dinner with us. Still trying new frugal recipes with success. Life is much better at this point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope he gets the contract thing straightened up and out soon. That would stress me out fearing lay off.
    We used to live in Columbus then Reynoldsburg but I also lived 17 years close to Portsmouth. Not sure where Richmond is but have heard of it. NOne of the places you mentioned were that far away other than Lexington. Oldest daughter used to live there and it was at the time about 5 hours from where I lived in Reynoldsburg. She lives in Ashland City TN now and works in Nashville.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Buckeye-Don't you have Ozone action days there. We can't mow on these days.
    DH mowed at 9 a.m. before it got warm.

Finally found a home for a whole stockpile old dish soap and non HE Tide. I took them over to an animal rescue along w/ a bunch of bleach.
    That cleared a whole shelf. Step 1 to simplify.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all, no we don"t have an ozone action days, I live in the rural area of my county. I actually have never heard of such a thing, lol. We have open burning also, everyone here has bon fires etc. especially in the fall.

NikkoSan, I have been to columbus, and Reynoldsburg many times, 3 hr drive from my house, DH family lives in Columbus, and we are huge Ohio State Buckeye Fans. lol, If you look on the map, near Steubenville, OH along the Ohio River and 45 miles from Pittsburgh, PA, it is near the Ohio River. I live out in the country, My brothers have lived in Cincinatti, and Ashland, KY. My DS has a home on Telico Lake TN, near Knoxville, my Mom was born in Picwic, TN, in a clinic. I love TN it is a beautiful state along with Kentucky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

buckeye-its a federal program regulated by the EPA and involves your state as well.
    Being in the country isnt a factor.

Going to start gathering random items I have like glassware and actually donate them now that I have newspaper to wrap them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never heard of ozone action days either.

ETA: I see why I haven't heard of them. I looked it up and it has to do with the Air Quality Index. We're rural, so we seldom would have bad air quality here. We did have the worst air quality in the US recently due to the fires in Canada, but they never used that term that I recall. I think they used the AQI term instead of ozone action days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my ex-husband was from Oxford, Ohio. I loved the Cincinnati Zoo! and not too far from Oxford, the Children's Museum in Indianapolis was the best I've ever seen. That part of the country is nice, everything gets green so early in the Spring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, never heard of the air pollution thing, I live out in the country so we dont have any issues here that I know of. My DH has worked 32 yrs. for a coal fired powered plant. I know that the EPA has affected his job many times, and also, the EPA has caused the majority of our local steel mills to shut down permanently.

Bernice, I have been to the Cin. Zoo, it is very nice but very hilly!! LOl, I live 4 hrs from Cin. i live a 45 min. drive from Pittsburgh, PA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Buckeye been thinking of u

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks, Oheoh's momma!! Believe it or not I have been sick with a terrible head cold. Summer colds are the worse. I think a lost a few days of my life by being sick and just sleeping etc. things are still the same, although, I have been a little bit lonely. DH and I are going away for the weekend, for a family function. I hope I begin to feel better before then though. I still have tons to do just don't feel like it yet. It seems like I was a working woman a long time ago, and it hasn't even been 3 months yet, since I left the workplace!! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye5 View Post
    It seems like I was a working woman a long time ago, and it hasn't even been 3 months yet, since I left the workplace!! LOL
    do you ever miss working? I do sometimes, there were so many good parts and my brain glosses over the bad stuff. I often wonder if I would miss it less because I chose to leave, rather then had to, kwim? I didn't get closure, boo hoo, lol. Seriously though, bam, I was pulled out of work, didn't get to say goodbye to some patients/families I had for more than 2 yrs or to my co-workers. I sure don't miss the Sunday blues, realizing weekend is already over.

In between all the work you've been doing, are you allowing yourself downtime now that you're not working? I hope so!

feel better soon! get some rest

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, sometimes I miss working, especially when I am feeling a bit lonely. I did say my goodbyes to my co workers, and when i gave my resignation it was not planned. I was tired of chasing my tail etc. and not getting ahead with zero pay raises. I took a leap of faith, and so far it is going well with bumps along the way. i spend most of my time in the pool, cuz I know that fall is coming soon, DH worked some overtime, so we decided to use it to go to Myrtle Beach in Sept. Could I use it for something else, YES, but I also, know this is time we won't ever have again, so we got a great deal on a hotel in a resort that we stayed at last year, and we are going. We both are looking forward to it. i still haven't gotten a routine but will soon, when DS goes back to college in a few weeks. I have many good things going on in my life, but still need to find some new friends and hobbies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye5 View Post
    so we decided to use it to go to Myrtle Beach in Sept. Could I use it for something else, YES, but I also, know this is time we won't ever have again, so we got a great deal on a hotel in a resort that we stayed at last year, and we are going. We both are looking forward to it. i still haven't gotten a routine but will soon, when DS goes back to college in a few weeks. I have many good things going on in my life, but still need to find some new friends and hobbies.
    this is awesome! I'm glad you can go

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been MIA for a few weeks. We all ended up with the terrible head colds, just now getting over them, DS is going to the Dr's today,he is running a low grade temp and still has a dry cough, and heads back to college Fri. We have been busy in between illnesses, with of course, pool time and being with family. DH is still in a contract dispute, but has actually worked overtime, which, never happens, at his job, so this is paying for our myrtle beach trip. We leave in less than 4 weeks and cannot wait. It is good to be able to go away and recharge every once in awhile, which we just started last year for our 30th wedding anniversary, we are hoping to be able to make this a tradition for us, MB in Sept. for anniversary. Anyway, still cooking from scratch, basil plants doing well, freezing it. Still get a bit lonely every now and then, but so far life is still doing well for us. We did get a loan, this has helped us a lot. We have been putting extra $ now that we have some to filling up propane tank for now, went eye drs got new glasses and contacts ( i have very bad vision issues) do a few brake replacements on cars. Still $$ is tight, but we have had just enough to do those things mentioned above. Still planning on my projects, waiting for fall. Still haven't got a routine yet, but hopefully will when DS goes back to college.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234