40 day deep clean and organize challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Time to motivate myself, just got home from a very busy day at work. I really do not want to deep clean the bathroom upstairs, yet I want to get it out of the way. Probably won't be used until next time we do overnight respite care so it should stay clean until mid September.
    Just realized I didn't have my diet coke fix yet today.
    This bathroom clean up should go faster as I had practice with the other two.
    Here I go... (with very little ambition)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bathrooms all deep cleaned and decluttered, YES!!
    After supper I think I will declutter a couple kitchen cupboards. How many coffee cups does a kitchen need when only one of two people living in the house drinks coffee, neither of us drinks tea, and maybe twice a winter I drink hot cocoa. Guests will be coming Sept. 26 but I think I will declutter pantry and keep extra dishes on one of the lower shelves. Curious to see how many cups I have jammed on that shelf! I know last year I gave a bunch to goodwill, how do they multiply?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1. The "guest wing" of the house (2 bedrooms and a small bath) are clean for my daughter and family who are coming in Friday night. Everything scrubbed, dusted, vacuumed and mopped.
    2. My bathroom is cleaner than it has been in months!
    3. The dining room is dusted, vacuumed, mopped.

I still have the following to do before Friday night:
    Dust, vacuum and mop my bedroom and living room.
    Kitchen - wipe down appliances and countertops, vacuum floor, mop (the floor doesn't really show dirt, but I know it's filthy!)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

6 kitchen drawers and 3 cabinets decluttered, organized, cleaned. Lots to good will. Now I can see and find what utensils I actually need and have used in the past year. Did get rid of 7 coffee cups, Dh wanted to save the matching set of 8. I blamed Dh for the excess in coffee cups but when we went over the assortment they had been gifts to me over the years (usually with hot chocolate or tea in them). Saved my 2 favorites for myself. Saved a dozen of each fork, spoon, butter knife. Way more forks misplaced over the years than spoons. We do have a special set of silverware put away if we want a matching set for special occasions. Dh does alot of the cooking now that he is retired and works only 8 hours a week. so he was very helpful in simplifying the kitchen utensils.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I decided to start down stairs in my at home beauty shop since the inspector will probably be around soon. It wasn't horrible.....but all cupboards have been wiped done inside and out and organized. Everything clean except I need to give the floor a good scrubbing!

I made a list and broke everything down into areas I will tackle. I have been decluttering the last few years so just some fine tuning in order and lots of organizing and scrubbing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My day off work today. Just returned from dental appointment. I need to get about 3 hours of online education done this morning and then I will continue with the kitchen area. Maybe this afternoon we will get the bags of donation items delivered.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Food pantry cleaned and organized. It is 2/3 full and not a lot of variety. Mostly pasta, spaghetti and tomato sauces, corn. 3 more drawers and the cookbook/spices/baking goods cabinet cleaned and organized.
    Next up pots and pans and lids and baking sheets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just found out I had the wrong date for dh's family get together here. It is 2 weeks earlier than I thought, I will not stress about it, instead I will use it as motivation to set priorities. I now have 23 days instead of the 40 days I originally planned for. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise if my daughter has her baby earlier than expected.

\

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Day 2 (yesterday)- too busy with job, received 3 new projects, closing out 4 projects, no time to organize.
    Day 3 (today) - another 2 new projects, so, organizing goes to the back burner again. This is what's been happening since the beginning of this year. I am planning to put 'organize' as an appointment in my calendar to block out the time.

Since I get pay by each project, I am not complaining of work. Eventually the home office to be in good shape.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's a bummer Kim! You are getting so much done though maybe you don't need the 2 extra weeks!

I have not got much done this week....been spending time with nieces, cousin and this weekend grankids. So you won't hear from me until Sunday or Monday when I plan to really start in.....my goal is to have everything in the house decluttered once again, organized and deep cleaned by September 31.

Just found out my oldest nieces class is having a fund raiser yard sale next weekend so that will make it easier for me to get rid of some if the better things I have been holding into.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took stove apart yesterday and did deep cleaning on it.. Boy was it bad.. Got all kitchen cabinets cleaned. Took bedroom curtains down as washed and washed windows inside and out. Today just cleaned the bathroom as always changed rugs, mopped floor and cleaned stool good. Got to go to work after while.. Laundry is down to 1 load. Will wash rugs in rest of the house tomorrow and sweep and mop all floors..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am really tired out from work and no get up and go left. I think it is mental fatigue. Expectations at work to get more done in less time. I think it is common theme in most jobs out there. A neighbor who works for a pepsi plant, said that all employees in his department were told that everyone was getting a $3.00 an hour cut in pay for the same expectations at work. So again I am very grateful for the job I have.
    After supper I plan on getting something cleaned. Be back later to report.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Brat , I took your lead and worked on the stove/oven tonight. Inside is soaking with 2nd coat of cleaner. 1st coat took off surface cooked on stuff, left note for DH to scrub off 2nd coat in the morning. Hope he does it while I'm at work. I got the top units cleaned. DH has wanted a flat top stove for 2 years (since he started cooking more), he says he may start pricing them. Sometimes he is an impulse buyer. If he can find the money in his budget, I'll find a new stove in the kitchen some day when I get home from work. This one came with the house about 18 years ago, it's electric and a Crosley. I vote to stick with it for a couple more years. But if he does choose to buy another I want a self cleaning model. I have read they are more energy efficient as an added bonus because they are better insulated and have tighter seals around the oven door. If the range is replaced the range hood will also be replaced. I never thought about that until I started reading about energy efficiency. The range hood is ugly and very hard to get clean and I'm not sure how efficient the fan is. I'm actually more excited about a new range hood than the range lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Home from work and Mass. Making supper , trying rice in the electric pressure cooker with rice feature.
    Dh did not scrub out the inside of oven , so I just got that done also.
    Hopefully more progress on this challenge to come after supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

clothes put away, a pile of yard waste removed that has been bothering me, and living room dusted. Enough for today.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast